Cordelia Gameplay Trailer

Jedi

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Chrom's also a big weirdo when it comes to love himself. Wtf was that nonsense in his S support with Robin? Seriously? If a guy who liked me acted like that trying to tell me his feelings, I'd be backing away slowly and be like "uh, dude, really..."

I'm turned off by that. Didn't help that Chrom was bland and uninteresting to me.

I agree with you, Ana. I have only a vague memory of Chrom's supports with Maribelle and Sully, but I believe they're very inadequate in the sense that you don't expect a relationship to arise from them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, of course. :)

There are quite a few poorly written supports in the game from a romantic perspective but a sizeable chunk of those was written that way for comical effect rather than logic, so they get a pass but it's not something I'd take as inspiration when writing my own.

Edited by Skynstein

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Skynstein said:

Having a connection =/= marrying someone and having children with them.

But Sully is appropriate as a wife gameplay-wise due to what you said. If it wasn't for Olivia, who's kind of "just there", though...

I just meant his relationship with Sully has a foundation, where Cordelia doesn't have that. 

I never have to worry about Olivia, personally, because I always stick her with 

Spoiler

Myself

50 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

She did in the Japanese one but not in the CYL one she didn't. I still want Oboro to make the cut regardless.

The CYL poll doesn't matter with this game-- I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up like it does. The roster was likely finalized before the end of 2015, and we know IS wanted them to focus on popularity polls while Koei wanted unique movesets. Oboro meets both; very popular while also having a very unique niche. Azura's style is more flowing and will likely focus as much on aquakinesis; Oboro's an in-your-face, jack-of-all-trades lancer (with Draug likely being the slow, powerful type).

As for my Cordelia pairing... I am incapable of thinking of Severa without her having white hair by default. Do the math.

14 minutes ago, Skynstein said:

I agree with you, Ana. I have only a vague memory of Chrom's supports with Maribelle and Sully, but I believe they're very inadequate in the sense that you don't expect a relationship to arise from them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, of course. :)

There are quite a few poorly written supports in the game from a romantic perspective but a sizeable chunk of those was written that way for comical effect rather than logic, so they get a pass but it's not something I'd take as inspiration when writing my own.

Yeah, agreed. I even think Frederick x Robin could've been improved by adding some trust building things there since Frederick initially distrusts Robin. And this is my Awakening OTP here.

7 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

The CYL poll doesn't matter with this game-- I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up like it does.

Zangetsu's assertion was that Oboro did not do better than Azura in every poll, which is true because the CYL poll exists. The CYL poll's bearing (or lack thereof) on Warriors has nothing to do with what Zangetsu said.

Since every one else is doing it, I ship Cordy with Libra, since it's her fastest support (And I'm lazy), but their ending is cute. Also blonde Severa is best Severa (And no I don;t make her a Falcon Knight wielding the Luna lance and also a Recover Staff since it is the closest thing to the Moon Stick since I want her to look like Sailor Moon. Fite me).

Edited by Azz

16 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

The CYL poll doesn't matter with this game-- I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up like it does. The roster was likely finalized before the end of 2015, and we know IS wanted them to focus on popularity polls while Koei wanted unique movesets. Oboro meets both; very popular while also having a very unique niche. Azura's style is more flowing and will likely focus as much on aquakinesis; Oboro's an in-your-face, jack-of-all-trades lancer (with Draug likely being the slow, powerful type).

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Zangetsu's assertion was that Oboro did not do better than Azura in every poll, which is true because the CYL poll exists. The CYL poll's bearing (or lack thereof) on Warriors has nothing to do with what Zangetsu said.

Yeah, more or less what Chao said.

Still don't see why they both can't make it in, but hey what would I know?

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Sorry if I came on too strong-- I expect them both in.

I've just spent too much time in Youtube comments, where the CYL poll results getting thrown around way too much.

Edited by The DanMan

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Sorry if I came on too strong-- I expect them both in.

I've just spent too much time in Youtube comments with the CYL poll results getting thrown around way too much.

Ah yes, Youtube comments where people being a douchebag & dumbass at their highest. :dry:

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Walhart.

I like Frederick but I hope he didn't bugger the big lobster's chances as a playable villain.

What about Walhart? He's not as important, notable, or popular as Frederick.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You said Frederick is the best candidate for a mounted axe user, is all.

Frederick is more important, notable, and popular as a character, yes, but Walhart is a better choice for a horseback axe-user because Wolf Berg is his signature weapon.

I like having Frederick, I just hope that their decision to give him axes instead of lances doesn't affect Walhart's chances. We need villains who aren't just evil sorcerors.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

You said Frederick is the best candidate for a mounted axe user, is all.

Frederick is more important, notable, and popular as a character, yes, but Walhart is a better choice for a horseback axe-user because Wolf Berg is his signature weapon.

I like having Frederick, I just hope that their decision to give him axes instead of lances doesn't affect Walhart's chances. We need villains who aren't just evil sorcerors.

Because he is the best candidate. Walhart having a unique weapon doesn't mean anything.

21 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Before I've been called "Lightchao", "Light", or "Lightning" (which was confusing because there was a different user whom actually was named "Lightning"...)  on other places, but never "Chao". Congratulations for being the first person to call me that, not that it really means anything. I wasn't sure if I captured your intent correctly at the time, but I'm glad that I did.

But IntSys usually treats their popularity polls as holy texts, based on Cordelia being Awakening's Pegasus Knight here, so I do think that Oboro has a chance assuming that there are any non-royals (even if, presumably, she is less popular outside Japan).

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He is less popular, but I wouldn't say he is less important when he is a main villain.

Also, he seems cooler to me, being the opposite to Emmeryn, he could have great supports with Chrom, which wasn't fully explored in awakening, conquered a continent, had his own weapon, being probably Alm's descendant... just a better representation of axe horse imo

2 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

He is less popular, but I wouldn't say he is less important when he is a main villain.

Also, he seems cooler to me, being the opposite to Emmeryn, he could have great supports with Chrom, which wasn't fully explored in awakening, conquered a continent, had his own weapon, being probably Alm's descendant... just a better representation of axe horse imo

Frederick is more recognizable and more pushed. He's also a core member of the main Awakening group like I said earlier. Including Walhart of all people and not him would just be dumb. Frederick was a better candidate.

I never thought Walhart was cool at all, personally. Gangrel was the best Awakening villain to me, though that's not saying a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because he is the best candidate. Walhart having a unique weapon doesn't mean anything.

Frederick is more recognizable and more pushed. He's also a core member of the main Awakening group like I said earlier. Including Walhart of all people and not him would just be dumb. Frederick was a better candidate.

I never thought Walhart was cool at all, personally. Gangrel was the best Awakening villain to me, though that's not saying a lot.

Frederick is the best candidate when it comes to the Great Knight class not Ax wielder. If he actually specialize in any weapon it's the spear since he's start with B rank. Something I'm sure you're more than familiar with.

Including Walhart wouldn't be dumb at all, it just means IS isn't as shallow minded as most would accuse them to be.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Before I've been called "Lightchao", "Light", or "Lightning" (which was confusing because there was a different user whom actually was named "Lightning"...)  on other places, but never "Chao". Congratulations for being the first person to call me that, not that it really means anything. I wasn't sure if I captured your intent correctly at the time, but I'm glad that I did.

But IntSys usually treats their popularity polls as holy texts, based on Cordelia being Awakening's Pegasus Knight here, so I do think that Oboro has a chance assuming that there are any non-royals (even if, presumably, she is less popular outside Japan).

I'm a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog, Chao as a word sticks more than Light.

I'm pretty sure Oboro is one of the most beloved characters in Fates since she was so well receive over here in the states as well.

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Frederick is the best candidate when it comes to the Great Knight class not Ax wielder. If he actually specialize in any weapon it's the spear since he's start with B rank. Something I'm sure you're more than familiar with.

Including Walhart wouldn't be dumb at all, it just means IS isn't as shallow minded as most would accuse them to be.

And Great Knights can use axes. Frederick also used axes in Heroes, so it's not unusual for him to have an axe.

I said including Walhart and NOT Frederick would be dumb, not simply including Walhart regardless.

Also, IS is not shallow-minded simply because they don't include a character you like.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, but I can't help being biased as I haven't read Frederick's supports yet, and Walhart not being really evil was appealing to me. Also, Walhart could represent axes and villains at the same time

Eh, I've never liked villains like Gangreal in general.

2 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

True, but I can't help being biased as I haven't read Frederick's supports yet, and Walhart not being really evil was appealing to me. Also, Walhart could represent axes and villains at the same time

Eh, I've never liked villains like Gangreal in general.

Yeah, I admit to having a little bias too. We all have it at some point, I would think. xP

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I admit to having a little bias too. We all have it at some point, I would think. xP

Yeah, having so many different characters ensures that everyone is going to have someone to his tastes. XD

2 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I'd be a little surprised if Walhart doesn't get in as at least an NPC, but I gotta agree with @Anacybele, Frederick is the best choice for Axe Horsemen, at least in the three games present. 

I know he has priority over Walhart, and knew since the beginning that he would be in, it's just that I also expected Xander-Camus-Walhart, and I didn't think about Frederick's weapon or him as a chevalier ( and the possibility of him replacing one of them) until the trailer and it made me a bit salty.

I still prefer Camus over Walhart though, so it could be worse. Now they announce Gunter with lances and I go crazy.

1 minute ago, Sbuscoz said:

Yeah, having so many different characters ensures that everyone is going to have someone to his tastes. XD

Yeah, that's for sure.

Other than Freddy being my biggest love in FE besides Ike, I'm also glad he got in because it made Ryoma no longer the only character in it that I like. I don't want to buy a game just for one character. Freddy has solidified my choice to buy!

1 hour ago, AzureSen said:

Cordelia definitely seems like more of a crowd-clearer given her power attacks. Otherwise, her moveset's not all that interesting, but I'll admit I'm biased against her.

Oboro would be great, but if she is coming it'll be after the reveal of Takumi and Camilla the archer and the rider.

Yep. Hence why I wholeheartedly believe Donnel won't be getting in. Memes =/= actual popularity.

Let's remember that these polls are pretty limited in their reach.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

True, apart from Nowi, he's likely the oldest among the cast. 

Tiki.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

I think Donnel is more popular in the west, but since Musou games tend to go more off Japanese audiences, I think the minium we can expect from the Awakening lists is like 15th and lower. 

They could pick other characters. Just because they were pointed to polls for some characters, doesn't mean that they will go exclusively with those. Plus, they do seem to actually care a little about the West since they did consider it a plus that all three games were released in the West. Also, Donnel was specifically mentioned. Not saying he's guaranteed or even likely, but I think he's possible.

53 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Walhart.

I like Frederick but I hope he didn't bugger the big lobster's chances as a playable villain.

He has villain status, but he's also not incredibly important so I don't know.

Edited by Arthur97

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And Great Knights can use axes. Frederick also used axes in Heroes, so it's not unusual for him to have an axe.

I said including Walhart and NOT Frederick would be dumb, not simply including Walhart regardless.

Also, IS is not shallow-minded simply because they don't include a character you like.

& Great Knights also uses sword & Ceada uses sword in Heroes despite her signature weapon being a spear. What's your point? If anything Fred should be able use all 3 weapons on a whim.

IS already proven they're already shallow minded by pandering towards the 3ds era & Shadow of Dragon.