Cordelia Gameplay Trailer

Jedi

Just now, Zangetsu said:

& Great Knights also uses sword & Ceada uses sword in Heroes despite her signature weapon being a spear. What's your point? If anything Fred should be able use all 3 weapons on a whim.

IS already proven they're already shallow minded by pandering towards the 3ds era & Shadow of Dragon.

Except this game is giving only one weapon type to each character, and there are plenty of swords already. Frederick being an axe might be better for balance, as there could be plenty of other lance units they got too, and what other cav unit was better to give an axe to other than Walhart? Gunter? lol Freddy was clearly the better choice due to his importance in the core Awakening group and the fact that he has axes by default as an option in Awakening.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memories of how many Water characters there were in HW... and the ones we got weren't always great.

Link's Great Fairy was slow, Impa's Giant Blade was... eh, Lana's Spear was unwieldly, and Tetra had no range. Ruto was nice, King Daphnes was amazing, but it wasn't really until Marin that I liked using that element.

Compared to how many freaking Light and Darkness characters we had...

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

what other cav unit was better to give an axe to other than Walhart?

Why not Dussel? ;PPPPPPPP

52 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm pretty sure Oboro is one of the most beloved characters in Fates since she was so well receive over here in the states as well.

It's great to know that I'm loved~

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Memories of how many Water characters there were in HW... and the ones we got weren't always great.

Link's Great Fairy was slow, Impa's Giant Blade was... eh, Lana's Spear was unwieldly, and Tetra had no range. Ruto was nice, King Daphnes was amazing, but it wasn't really until Marin that I liked using that element.

Compared to how many freaking Light and Darkness characters we had...

Speaking of, I felt the same way, except replace Water with Lightning - Link's Beyblade has like no range, his Gauntlets are ehhh, Sheik was pretty good, Zelda's Baton is slow AND weak, Dorf's Trident was also good, though I think it's either Yuga or Lana that was the best for if I needed lightning.

5 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The way I see it, is that Cordelia does not have the guts to directly ask out Chrom. She has this elaborate fantasy of him, and would not make a move on him to preserve  that fantasy. True, she does have survivor's guilt, and low self-esteem, to her action and her body. But I don't think that she fears death. Her death quote in Awakening is “I did my best, but that wasn't good enough. I'm leaving now...”. Not the response of someone that fears death. 

That was more a fanciful tangent than anything, I wasn't being serious.

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Speaking of, I felt the same way, except replace Water with Lightning - Link's Beyblade has like no range, his Gauntlets are ehhh, Sheik was pretty good, Zelda's Baton is slow AND weak, Dorf's Trident was also good, though I think it's either Yuga or Lana that was the best for if I needed lightning.

Book of Lightning Lana is the best character in the history of forever. Since she's in the very base game, and you use her through story mode and gain experience (tangible and intangible) for her there, I never felt like I needed to learn any other Lightnings. Compare Water, who has Ruto in the Adventure Map, King Daphnes introduced late in Legends, and Marin being flat-out DLC. I liked the Gauntlets, but yeah, the other ones were mostly 'only when forced' deals.

And to round it out, I only really started liking Fire when Linkle was introduced. Though the Summoning Gate was fun when I didn't care about score.

With how much they're touting the weapon triangle as important, I hope they don't do this mess again.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

Sorry, sometimes I have a hard time detecting sarcasm on the Internet, and I strongly defend characters that I enjoy

I understand, I didn't provide any clear indicators that I was just having fun. And I defend the characters I enjoy as well, I profess to being one of the biggest Soren fans (who continually insists we have no definitive idea on his sexuality) on SF, and in all likelihood the biggest Sephiran fan too.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Book of Lightning Lana is the best character in the history of forever. Since she's in the very base game, and you use her through story mode and gain experience (tangible and intangible) for her there, I never felt like I needed to learn any other Lightnings. Compare Water, who has Ruto in the Adventure Map, King Daphnes introduced late in Legends, and Marin being flat-out DLC. I liked the Gauntlets, but yeah, the other ones were mostly 'only when forced' deals.

And to round it out, I only really started liking Fire when Linkle was introduced. Though the Summoning Gate was fun when I didn't care about score.

With how much they're touting the weapon triangle as important, I hope they don't do this mess again.

Speaking of Linkle, I forgot about her Boots, which were DLC. And in Legends, the level 2 and 3 Boots are both behind a bad case of hidden enemies.

Regarding Fire, I actually liked using the Summoning Gate.

What really bothers me is that out of the characters, all but seven (Agitha, Tingle, Ruto, Lana, Darunia, Volga, and Marin) were weak to either Light or Darkness.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Speaking of Linkle, I forgot about her Boots, which were DLC. And in Legends, the level 2 and 3 Boots are both behind a bad case of hidden enemies.

Regarding Fire, I actually liked using the Summoning Gate.

What really bothers me is that out of the characters, all but seven (Agitha, Tingle, Ruto, Lana, Darunia, Volga, and Marin) were weak to either Light or Darkness.

And the Boots themselves were just as bad as Tetra for range.

The Summoning Gate was good, but I'm not so fond of the sort of control you have to manage to get low damage while playing it. When you don't care how much damage you take, you have so much health that you don't really have to worry about anything other than how much carnage you make.

At least the non-controllable mooks had elemental weaknesses. And really, you're not fighting that many named opponents every battle anyway.

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

And the Boots themselves were just as bad as Tetra for range.

The Summoning Gate was good, but I'm not so fond of the sort of control you have to manage to get low damage while playing it. When you don't care how much damage you take, you have so much health that you don't really have to worry about anything other than how much carnage you make.

At least the non-controllable mooks had elemental weaknesses. And really, you're not fighting that many named opponents every battle anyway.

Yeah.

Tbf, iono why I actually started to like using the Summoning Gate. Maybe because it has the special I like spamming?

True enough, but unfortunately, that's where Lightning once again draws the short stick - Dinolfos is about the only noteworthy enemy that's weak to Lightning. Oh, and another issue I have with Lightning is that it has the one weapon that's the biggest pain in the ass to unlock - the level 3 Baton, which was just awful to unlock in both games (the level 3 Gauntlets were almost as bad in the Wii U version).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

38 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

It's great to know that I'm loved~

RGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.png

42 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'd always just use Shiek for access to all kinds of elemental attacks.  Though I did like playing Impa sometimes, but I think I preferred her naginata.  And Lana, I pretty much would just use her tome.  Didn't use Ruto a lot, and the rest are characters I didn't ever get.

Just now, Oboro! said:

But I am Oboro!

Look at me!

How dare ye would imitate the Goddess! Why would her favorite F.E be Sacred Stone when it should be Tokyo Mirage.....unless she hates Tokyo Mirage.

7 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

True enough, but unfortunately, that's where Lightning once again draws the short stick - Dinolfos is about the only noteworthy enemy that's weak to Lightning.

Spoiler

Fire: Gibdo, Moblin, Stalmaster, Icy Big Poe, Agitha, Tingle

Water: Fiery Aeralfos, Redead Knight, Lizalfos, Big Poe, Goron Captain, Stone Blin, Darunia, Volga

Lightning: Aeralfos, Darknut, Dinolfos, Shield Moblin, Big Blin, Lana, Ruto, Marin

Light: The Imprisoned (Officer), Ganondorf, Midna, Zant, Ghirahim, Cia, Wizzro, Twili Midna, Skull Kid, Ravio, Yuga

Darkness: Hylian Captain, Link, Impa, Sheik, Zelda, Fi, Young Link, Linkle, Toon Link, Tetra, King Daphnes, Medli, Toon Zelda

Aeralfos and Shield Moblins stink too. Besides, when you're playing Lana, you also shut down any Giant Boss that comes your way with her C4.

I'm honestly more not-OK with the Fire set. Water, even. But really, I mostly go by the Recommended Element or my favourite characters anyway.

With regards to FE Warriors, I wonder how much of an impact the Weapon Triangle will have. I mean, you never really notice these weaknesses in Hyrule Warriors unless you're using the terrible characters that need the extra firepower to accomplish anything (like Tetra and Linkle's Boots), so if they're largely using that same system...

EDIT @Ertrick36 That's not how Elemental Attacks work. Shiek's C2 gives her attacks the Water effect, but they don't do bonus damage against enemies weak to Water- Sheik only does bonus damage to enemies weak to Lightning. However, confusingly, her C2 does do bonus Weak Point damage to King Dodongo, rather than the expected Argorok...
(Anyone who says DW is mindless after reading that above passage needs to sort out their priorities.)

Edited by phineas81707

4 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Except Azura has plot relevance.

True, but they put Agitha from Twilight Princess in Hyrule Warriors and she was completely optional to even meet.

Not saying you don't make a good point, just saying.

3 hours ago, Zepler said:

I have no idea who is next on the roster, but I just don't think I'll get the game. I can't play First-Person games anyway.

This game is 3rd Person, like a lot of games (Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, etc) not first person like Halo, Call of Duty, etc.

1 minute ago, Deva Ashera said:

True, but they put Agitha from Twilight Princess in Hyrule Warriors and she was completely optional to even meet.

Not saying you don't make a good point, just saying.

True, but they still put Midna and Zant.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

True, but they still put Midna and Zant.

I know, and we already have story relevant characters from Fates in fCorrin, Xander, and Ryoma..and likely at least Camilla and Takumi. They'll likely put in a few non-important characters as well to avoid the Fates crew being Royals only (which Azura counts as)

Regardless, I like them both, though my preference does go towards Oboro.

Just now, Deva Ashera said:

I know, and we already have story relevant characters from Fates in fCorrin, Xander, and Ryoma..and likely at least Camilla and Takumi. They'll likely put in a few non-important characters as well to avoid the Fates crew being Royals only (which Azura counts as)

Regardless, I like them both, though my preference does go towards Oboro.

I...eh, whatever. I would go Azura, but Fates isn't exactly near and dear to my heart so whatever.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I...eh, whatever. I would go Azura, but Fates isn't exactly near and dear to my heart so whatever.

I'm not arguing with you or saying who should be put in over who, all I'm saying is that Tecmo Koei and Nintendo used a non-important character before with Agitha in Hyrule Warriors so the possibility is there for anyone to really make it in. Probability is just a case of who is more likely then who.

Just now, Deva Ashera said:

I'm not arguing with you or saying who should be put in over who, all I'm saying is that Tecmo Koei and Nintendo used a non-important character before with Agitha in Hyrule Warriors so the possibility is there for anyone to really make it in. Probability is just a case of who is more likely then who.

Sure, but, again, it won't be the end of world for me whichever route they go.

58 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Yeah.

Tbf, iono why I actually started to like using the Summoning Gate. Maybe because it has the special I like spamming?

True enough, but unfortunately, that's where Lightning once again draws the short stick - Dinolfos is about the only noteworthy enemy that's weak to Lightning. Oh, and another issue I have with Lightning is that it has the one weapon that's the biggest pain in the ass to unlock - the level 3 Baton, which was just awful to unlock in both games (the level 3 Gauntlets were almost as bad in the Wii U version).

Covering Dinolfos, Aeralfos, and Shield Moblins are not a bad resumé on the elemental weaknesses chart, especially because the Moblin type officers are hard to combo. Neither is the lightning effect which hurts airborne enemies more and weakens Argorok's WPG more. She also gets Lana who appears a lot in the Adventure Maps.

In general, Water gets the shortest stick because it misses the Moblins, has the worst elemental effect which additionally only weakens King Dodongo who is the easiest Giant Boss to take the WPG from full to 0. With only Ruto and the King's weapons being amazing (Marin tries, but ends about average) compared to Lightning having five good choices in Gauntlets, Goddess Harp, Spinner, Trident, and Picture Frame, and only one that can objectively be called bad (Baton), it wins out in the end.

1 hour ago, Folt said:

Covering Dinolfos, Aeralfos, and Shield Moblins are not a bad resumé on the elemental weaknesses chart, especially because the Moblin type officers are hard to combo. Neither is the lightning effect which hurts airborne enemies more and weakens Argorok's WPG more. She also gets Lana who appears a lot in the Adventure Maps.

In general, Water gets the shortest stick because it misses the Moblins, has the worst elemental effect which additionally only weakens King Dodongo who is the easiest Giant Boss to take the WPG from full to 0. With only Ruto and the King's weapons being amazing (Marin tries, but ends about average) compared to Lightning having five good choices in Gauntlets, Goddess Harp, Spinner, Trident, and Picture Frame, and only one that can objectively be called bad (Baton), it wins out in the end.

I fail to see why Aeralfos are worthy of mention since they tend to not live long enough to do anything of note, as opposed to Gibdos, ReDead Knights, Icy/Big Poes, and Lizalfos, all of which are irritating in one way or another (I'd honestly say they're as big a joke as Darknuts and Stalmasters). Also, is Argorok even common enough to be worth noting? Because I'd swear it's the least common Giant Boss not named (Phantom) Ganon. As for Lana, I don't feel she's nearly annoying enough to justify using a lightning weapon when I can use some other element and be able to defeat something that actually is annoying quicker (Volga, anyone?).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

23 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I fail to see why Aeralfos are worthy of mention since they tend to not live long enough to do anything of note, as opposed to Gibdos, ReDead Knights, Icy/Big Poes, and Lizalfos, all of which are irritating in one way or another (I'd honestly say they're as big a joke as Darknuts and Stalmasters). Also, is Argorok even common enough to be worth noting? Because I'd swear it's the least common Giant Boss not named (Phantom) Ganon. As for Lana, I don't feel she's nearly annoying enough to justify using a lightning weapon when I can use some other element and be able to defeat something that actually is annoying quicker (Volga, anyone?).

Aeralfos has a charge attack that makes them unflinchable, comes out fast enough that you need good reflexes to avoid damage, and deal decent damage + they love to dodge your attacks and was ting your time and are about as comboable as their grounded brethren  (i.e. they're some of the most difficult ones to combo).

It's common enough at higher difficulties to be a right pain and its properties make taking it down in one go a paints for a decent amount of characters on the OG version. King Dodongo is one of the most common giant bosses but stays down so long and takes some time to show it's WPG that very few characters/weapons can't empty it's WPG once you expose it.

Volga meanwhile is extremely cheeseable due to his A.I. because hitting him with a couple attacks in succession causes him to block - and then attempt his C1 which will expose his WPG, and entirely possible to keep him in a loop of blocking -> C1 -> repeat.