Cordelia Gameplay Trailer

Jedi

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay.

Just...Koei, come on, give us Frederick fans a trailer already... He's not the most popular, but he's far from being unpopular too. Plenty of people would be happy to see him, and I also bet some people who were indifferent to him would gain interest!

Honestly, I was believing he was rather high priority when he was revealed so soon. I can only hope that whatever bugs or whatever prevented him from being playable in that demo are still being worked out and that he was meant to be shown more already.

I think there may not have been a direct need to show Fredrick when compared to Cordelia. We already more or less know how pony riders fight after seeing Xander. How flyers would operate was a more unknown area and now some light has been shed on it. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I think it might your enthusiasm getting to me, but I'm a little bummed out that we haven't gotten a chance to see Frederick's movesets either. XD

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one here, whatever the case. :)

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think there may not have been a direct need to show Fredrick when compared to Cordelia. We already more or less know how pony riders fight after seeing Xander. How flyers would operate was a more unknown area and now some light has been shed on it. 

I highly doubt Frederick plays the same as Xander. Xander wields a sword and quick slices things, plus he's surely not as slow.

Frederick, on the other hand, wields a big axe and is more heavily armored as well as being on a horse. He also retains his signature slowness. He appears much more suited to crowd clearing and slow, but massive blows than Xander. Also, I need to hear some "Pick a god and pray!" in specials. :P

Not yet knowing how fliers function is a valid argument though.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Cordelia looking good, At the end there I thought she dismounted, would be interesting if she did. Also is it me, or  does Cordelia have pail skin or that was the way that Kozaki drew her?

Didn't she have pale skin in Awakening? She's a redhead, so it would make sense that she'd have pale skin. it's genetic. For example, I'm the only redhead in my family and I'm by far the palest.

Annnnddddddddd the give-aways to the fetishy end of the fanbase continues. They're getting more and more on-the-nose with it.

For real though. Why does she look like she's wearing an S&M collar? (female armor in FE makes no god-damn sense)

Edited by Shoblongoo

6 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

For real though. Why does she look like she's wearing an S&M collar? (female armor in FE makes no god-damn sense)

Look man, you can control your horse/scaly wyvern better if your thighs are exposed. It's as simple as that. 

What do you mean "why don't the guys show off their thighs too, then"? What, are you insane? That'd never work. Now stop asking questions!

48 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Didn't she have pale skin in Awakening? She's a redhead, so it would make sense that she'd have pale skin. it's genetic. For example, I'm the only redhead in my family and I'm by far the palest.

I have a red haired friend, and he can't take much sun either. Nor can my brother who burns really easily.

34 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Annnnddddddddd the give-aways to the fetishy end of the fanbase continues. They're getting more and more on-the-nose with it.

If anything, my beef with it is that she clips through it. Did anyone ever actually notice it before though?

57 minutes ago, Thane said:

Look man, you can control your horse/scaly wyvern better if your thighs are exposed. It's as simple as that. 

What do you mean "why don't the guys show off their thighs too, then"? What, are you insane? That'd never work. Now stop asking questions!

Territory of Absolute control.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Obviously is to motivate the wyverns, do you prefer soft legs or hairy ones? Duh.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one here, whatever the case. :)

I highly doubt Frederick plays the same as Xander. Xander wields a sword and quick slices things, plus he's surely not as slow.

Frederick, on the other hand, wields a big axe and is more heavily armored as well as being on a horse. He also retains his signature slowness. He appears much more suited to crowd clearing and slow, but massive blows than Xander. Also, I need to hear some "Pick a god and pray!" in specials. :P

Not yet knowing how fliers function is a valid argument though.

For the record, we also didn't get to see Frederick's special attacks either. What are those called? Musou attacks?

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

For the record, we also didn't get to see Frederick's special attacks either. What are those called? Musou attacks?

Yeah, musou attacks, I think.

And true, people didn't vote for him enough even though he was in TWO options. Koei was trying to push him, I feel like. So again, why not just drop a trailer if you want us to see him? :P

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, musou attacks, I think.

And true, people didn't vote for him enough even though he was in TWO options. Koei was trying to push him, I feel like. So again, why not just drop a trailer if you want us to see him? :P

Hopefully its an epic looking one. He is the only axe user apart from Lissa.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I admit that is his best line when making an insta-kill attack. 

It's one of the most popular lines period too. I'll be surprised if it yet again doesn't make it in. Heroes neglected to use it! (though it gave Freddy the amazing "Go soak your head!" when he got a summer version to kinda make up for it lol)

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It's one of the most popular lines period too. I'll be surprised if it yet again doesn't make it in. Heroes neglected to use it!

That annoys me too. It should have made it in. So we know Cordelia is in... and we just saw her attacks. Either the next video with the game will either be about F!Robin or another new character. If it's neither, it absolutely HAS to be Frederick.

That annoys me too. It should have made it in. So we know Cordelia is in... and we just saw her attacks. Either the next video with the game will either be about F!Robin or another new character. If it's neither, it absolutely HAS to be Frederick.

Agreed, yeah. I think female Robin will be an alt or clone of male Robin though, so there's no need to show her. But if it isn't a new character, yes, it has to be Freddy.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Agreed, yeah. I think female Robin will be an alt or clone of male Robin though, so there's no need to show her. But if it isn't a new character, yes, it has to be Freddy.

Yeah, unless they decide that F!Robin can be her own character with some unique moveset, which I find to be highly unlikely, so the next video would need to be one of those two things. 

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Didn't she run when her platoon got axed? How can we know to trust her?

To quote chapter 7 from Awakening:

• Phila: Cordelia, what are you doing here? ...Tell me the border remains secure!
  • Cordelia: That I could, milady! But it would be false... Gangrel himself led his might against us! The end was upon us when my knight-sisters begged me fly and warn the exalt... I should have stayed... I should have stayed! Ah, gods, I can still hear the screams…
  • Phila: Peace, Cordelia. You did your duty. The sisters rightly prized your youth. You've many years yet to keep their legacy alive.
  • Cordelia: But I abandoned them! I'm weak... Their legacy deserves better.
  • Phila: Sometimes fleeing takes the most courage. They knew that. Now pull yourself together. Let the faith they showed in you give you strength.
  • Cordelia: Captain Phila, I... How can I go on like this? They were my...my family... *sob* Gods... Oh, gods… 

She had to run to warn Emmeryn to the impending threat to her life. Strange that one of her specials is to summon other filers considering that her entire squad died for her.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, unless they decide that F!Robin can be her own character with some unique moveset, which I find to be highly unlikely, so the next video would need to be one of those two things. 

Exactly!

Just now, Anacybele said:

Exactly!

Reminds me of how there's also the unique quotes where Lissa beat Frederick and commented on whether Frederick tripped on a pebble. Makes me wonder if Frederick would have special quotes as well. Probably talks about hanging posters of Chrom if he fights Chrom. Like the time he considered doing that when Chrom was fighting that guy impersonating as Chrom.

Reminds me of how there's also the unique quotes where Lissa beat Frederick and commented on whether Frederick tripped on a pebble. Makes me wonder if Frederick would have special quotes as well. Probably talks about hanging posters of Chrom if he fights Chrom. Like the time he considered doing that when Chrom was fighting that guy impersonating as Chrom.

Probably, though I think Lissa should've said something about bear meat instead. You can't trip when on a horse. lol Plus, we hear a lot about Frederick's pebbles lately, it's time to tease some of his other habits. lol

I'd LOVE a tease of that poster scene! XD

Just now, Anacybele said:

Probably, though I think Lissa should've said something about bear meat instead. You can't trip when on a horse. lol Plus, we hear a lot about Frederick's pebbles lately, it's time to tease some of his other habits. lol

I'd LOVE a tease of that poster scene! XD

But they both hate bear meat, so unlikely that Lissa would comment on that. Though I can imagine Chrom suggesting that if he fought Frederick, like saying that Frederick should probably not avoid the bear meat from now on. XD

I DO wanna know what kind of posters he had in mind. Like was Chrom posing? Giving that "I want you ___" like Uncle Sam? 

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Wasn't that after that paralogue?

Anyway, am I the only one who thought of the Giant Cucco's special attack when looking at Cordelia's special attack?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But they both hate bear meat, so unlikely that Lissa would comment on that. Though I can imagine Chrom suggesting that if he fought Frederick, like saying that Frederick should probably not avoid the bear meat from now on. XD

I DO wanna know what kind of posters he had in mind. Like was Chrom posing? Giving that "I want you ___" like Uncle Sam? 

Yeah, true, it probably would make more sense for Chrom to tease the bear meat thing. :P

Frederick said the poster had Chrom naked and holding a scale in one hand with Falchion in the other hand. lol I have no idea how this was supposed to put Chrom in a big light. XD

Edited by Anacybele