2nd Playthrough Draft

I'm starting a new Radiant Dawn playthrough. I decided to give it a twist and make YOU choose the units I'm using. The rules are the basic ones for drafts, but remember this:

- I do not have access to Data Transfers

- I will be playing on Normal Mode

- I'm playing on my physical copy of RD which I've played on already, so I can unlock all the Second Playthrough exclusive stuff (namely, Sephiran/Lehran and Pelleas)

- I'm trying to make the game more interesting, and I like the challenge Normal Mode provides, so please try not to make a team full of semi-unusable units. Do try to put in some cool, uncommon units (not that many, though): it will make this adventure more intriguing.

- Try to keep things balanced. Remember that in the Endgame, only 10 units (plus one of the three herons, Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Sanaki, Ena and Kurthnaga) are allowed. I will, of course, be training all the mandatory people, but since the others are up to you, try to make a varied team (for example, choose someone who can use Alondite and/or the Vague Katti, someone who can use the Wishblade and so on).

- Because of the way Radiant Dawn is structured, I will be leaving room for 15 units to be drafted, plus the forced ones.

- I assume you drafters have at least a basic knowledge of RD's chapters. Specify where a certain unit should go if you want to, but try not to have the Silver Army without any drafted guys and gals, for example. Thankfully, there are units in the various teams who are forced and can almost do everything on their own (Naesala, Ike, Tibarn... ).

- I will be considering some units free-to-use in some chapters early on (the Dawn Brigade people are all free to use until the end of 1-4, just to make an example). I do not want to find a way (if there is one) to solo chapters with Micaiah (although that WOULD be pretty epic to see).

- All undrafted units will be free to rescue other units, act as support partners, fight unarmed, recruit other people and so on.

I think that's all. I know that's a lot of rules, but it shouldn't be too hard to follow all of them.

I probably won't be posting any images (aside from maybe the teams at the end of the various Parts), but I may try to keep you up to date... Maybe.

An optional rule I should mention is your ability, as drafters, to suggest one or more Forge for the drafted characters (you may either suggest a Forge for the character you are drafting or a Forge that may be used by any drafted unit, but you may not suggest Forges for characters that other people have drafted).

Happy Drafting!

DRAFT LIST (7/15)

- Lucia (Forge Frostbite sword, give Resolve skill and Alondite)

- Leonardo (Forge DiCaprio Bow (Steel or Silver))

- Mia (Forge at least one Clarent red sword with max Mt/Crit, support with Ike, Adept skill, Vague Katti user)

- Volug

- Meg, with a max might/crit forged iron or steel sword named *Useless* in an attempt to put her on the front line a bit more. Hawk Army.

- Ilyana!  She can have a thunder tome with max accuracy (any extra goes to MT), called "2Strike". Takes Edward's Wrath skill, Silver Army.

- Aran, Forged Silver lance, preference on str and crit named Hanson.

Edited by Goddess Serra
Up-to-date draft list

Use Lucia and preferably, give her the Alondite. As for forged weapons forge a sword called Frostbite for her, with high attack and crit. It'll be easier to put her to use if she gets a bit of xp in her one level in part 2 and if you give paragon to her in part 4 chapter 2. With enough kills in normal mode she'll be able to promote at the end of that level at the latest, and then in 4-5 she can be fed enough experience to be viable for endgame. Resolve is also very useful on her if you're looking for other skills for her.

Done! Only thing is, Lucia has the Earth affinity and is a Trueblade, which will result in her having at least above average Avoid. Does she really need Resolve when she's not gonna get hit that often (I think)? Just a thought, but since you suggested it, I'm doing it. That's the rule of the draft.

Take Volug to 4-E. He's no royal, that's for sure, but if you work on his strike rank consistently from the moment he joins, you can get it to S even in part 1, and most likely max it out in time for the endgame.

Since you have an Alondite user, have a Vague Katti user to pair with her. Use Mia, give her Soren's Adept asap, and forge her at least one Max Mt/Crit Steel sword in 3-2, a nice red blade called Clarent, though these will be great for her to use for most of the game, so make as many as you need. If possible, support her with Ike and keep her in his army for Part 4

tl;dr Mia with Vague Katti, Adept, Ike support, Clarent(Red, Max Mt/Crit Steel sword)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ClLoulD said:

Meg to go with Tibarn's army for P4

Added to the list! Thanks for not hating me and putting her in the Silver Army (fuck Distortions, the goddamn reinforcements never end). In fact, I think Lucia and Meg will be able to rack up a pretty sizeable amount of EXP with Beast/Bird/Dragonfoe in 4-5.

Hey, you're lacking a mage!  Let's fix that by giving you the mage with the most screentime, Ilyana!  She can have a thunder tome with max accuracy (any extra goes to MT), called "2Strike", since lightning WILL strike twice in the same place (what do you mean 'lightning is a light tome'?).  She'll also steal Edward's Wrath, because it has a thunderbolt on it.  And since desert chapters suck, she can tag along with Micaiah's army.

You know, I once read a post here on SF where people said how many Dawn Brigade units they were able to bring into endgame... At this rate, this draft might be a strong contender!

(Updated with Tuvy2 and eclipse's picks!)

(Can I ask what the Hanson lance is referencing? Probably won't understand it because I'm from Italy, but still)

Btw, remember that you can suggest Forges that can be used by the character YOU picked or Forges that ANY character in the draft can use, but NOT specifically for a character someone else picked. (I'm saying this mainly because I might end up with like, 3 lance users (for exampe) and I would like having some Endgame Forges to bless). I know I'm using a total of 22 characters, but Mia and Lucia already take up the VK and Alondite, so Meg will either a) need an Endgame Forge or b) be benched when Endgame kicks in.

Edited by Goddess Serra