Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 5

Shin

Things had gone... awfully well for their group. The reliants were the bigger threat, along with that mage and his obsession with burning buildings. "Hmm... secure the rest of the village, let us make sure the agressors are rid of and not one is left hiding in the houses."

Owen to (9,8), take vulnerary (1/3) from convoy and use it.

Esclabor to (12,13), attack Archer #4 with Nacht.

Accolon to (8,6), attack Archer #5 with Silver Axe, canto to (10,8).

Edited by Xinnidy

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric calmed down a little bit and looked around for something to...get done. It looked like the right was pretty covered. Guess I'll go around the left! Besides, that one guy went that way, and I'd rather not deal with that again.

Blade in hand, Eric charged off. Spotting an bowman, he took his opening, channeled his remaining frustration, and swung. "Hraaaah!"

Eric to (8, 6), Killing Edge Archer #5.

Owen moves to 9,8!
Owen takes a Vulnerary from convoy and uses it!

"Sounds like a plan, Prince Owen. Might be worth keeping the villagers covered too."

Esclabor moves to 12,13!

Esclabor attacks Archer #4 with Nacht!
19 Atk, 79% Hit, 2% Crit, Charge not possible
(83 98)
Esclabor misses!

Esclabor gains 5 XP!
Esclabor gains 1 Axe WEXP!

"Slipperly little devil, maybe this axe is bad luck..."

"I am at your command, Prince Owen of Wyke. May Engel give me the strength to do your work."

Accolon moves to 8,6!

Accolon attacks Archer #5 with their Silver Axe!
21 Atk, 61% Hit, 2% Crit
(25 65)
Accolon deals 21 damage! (12/33 HP remaining)

Accolon gains 10 XP!
Accolon gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Accolon cantos to 10,8!

Eric moves to 8,6!

Eric attacks Archer #5 with his Killing Edge!
10 Atk, 88% Hit, 34% Crit
(10 66)
Eric deals 10 damage! (2/33 HP remaining)
(22 55)
Finito!

Eric gains 30 XP!
Eric gains 3 Sword WEXP!

Angus equips his Hand Axe!
Angus moves to (15,7) and visits!

"Don't panic; we're drivin' out the Deirans. Their siege is dead, so stay inside 'til you can't hear fightin'. ...good luck."

Angus Cantos to (15,8)

Angus moves to 15,7!
Angus equips his Hand Axe!
Angus visits the village and finds an old man!

"Thanks for the heads up, it's nice to see that Raewald aren't just letting this happen. There's been a lot of fighting around these parts lately. We don't got a big army here in Myrcia. There was this one fella helping out, a foreign lad with pink hair. Hopefully he hasn't run into too much trouble!"

Angus cantos to 15,8!

Sidney moves to 13,8!
Sidney helps Suleiman equip his Javelin!

Constance moves to 12,9!
Constance heals Alain!
Alain returns to full HP!
Constance gains 20 XP!
Constance gains 3 Staff WEXP!

"I know I'm good, but even I can't do that again."

Esclabor can't move again, silly!

Alain moves to 11,7!
Alain visits the House!

Nobody was present in the house, the soldiers that had emerged from it had made short work of its inhabitants. However, a familiar odour tainted the air, drawing Alain closer to a desk. A body was at its feet, an older man with his hand outstretched on the floor. He was most definitely dead, but a strange symbol was carved into the back of his hand - Belial's own brand. Sitting under the desk was a black clad book, giving off an aura that almost invited Alain to claim it as his own.

Alain finds an Adhan tome!

Esclabor came back again to help, but promptly missed his attack. Classic. Claire sighed quietly, before sending a spell over to try and salvage the situation.

Claire holds, attack Archer 4 with Razorwind

I guess she's too focused on the battle... As long as she didn't get too hurt, things were fine... Unfortunately for Cass, Esclabor had gotten himself into a bad spot, which meant only one thing. He's not going to like this.

Cass holds, rescues esclabor

"Wait... what are you doing?"

Cass rescues Esclabor!

Freya movesd to 11,12!
Freya equips her Javelin!
Freya takes Esclabor and drops him on 11,11!

"I won't be carrying him for long... will I?"

Decima moves to 11,10!
Decima cantos to 11,9!

ENEMY PHASE

Archer #1 moves to 12,5!

Archer #2 moves to 13,5!

Archer #2 attacks Suleiman with his Steel Bow!
14 Atk, 71% Hit, 4% Crit
(43 20)
Suleiman takes 14 damage! (21/34 HP remaining)
Suleiman throws his Javelin!
11 Atk, 78% Hit, 10% Crit, 20% Sol
(45 23 97)
He deals 11 damage back! (20/31 HP remaining)

Suleiman gains 10 XP!
Suleiman gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Archer #4 moves to 10,13!

Archer #4 attacks Freya with his Hex Bow!
14 Atk, 82% Hit, 4% Crit, 16% Adept
(71 80)
Freya takes 14 damage! (30/44 HP remaining)
(15)
Archer #4 attacks again!
(67 55)
Freya takes 14 damage! (16/44 HP remaining)
Freya's Wrath activates!
Freya throws her Javelin back!
14 Atk, 68% Hit, 36% Crit
(52 72)
Freya deals 14 damage! (21/35 HP remaining)

Freya gains 10 XP!
Freya gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Archer #5 moves to 7,5!

Archer #5 attacks Eric with his Killer Bow!
9 Atk, 59% Hit, 32% Crit
(42 84)
Eric takes 9 damage! (23/32 HP remaining)

Eric gains 5 XP!

Archer #7 moves to 6,2!

Archer #8 moves to 12,13!

Archer #8 attacks Freya with his Steel Bow!
6 Atk, 80% Hit, 4% Crit
(95 39)
Freya dodges!
Freya strikes back!
11 Atk, 62% Hit, 36% Crit
(28 50)
Freya deals 11 damage! (23/34 HP remaining)
Archer #8 shoots again!
(43 69)
Freya takes 6 damage! (10/44 HP remaining)

Freya gains 10 XP!
Freya gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Axe Fighter #2 moves to 17,8!

Axe Fighter #2 attacks Angus with his Hand Axe!
7 Atk, 68% Hit, 5% Crit
(78 19)
Angus dodges!
Angus throws his Hand Axe too!
19 Atk, 66% Hit, 2% Crit, Charge not possible
(18 26)
Angus deals 19 damage! (20/39 HP remaining)

Angus gains 10 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Axe Fighter #3 moves to 14,13!

Enemies appear!

Chapter 9 Turn 6

2fb8afa4ff98fced6fcb83ca2280ec22.png

Spreadsheet

The battle appeared to be drawing to a close, Owen's forces had occupied the village's centre, but there were still some foes remaining - including their leader. Oshea glared at Suleiman from behind his archers. Oshea appeared to be at least a minor noble, both from his dress sense and style. However, there was a disingenuity which tainted his aura.

"Stay back, foolish soldier. Your lance may pierce through my men, but it has no chance against my magnificent blade." Oshea boasted, far more comfortable with a few meat shields in front of him. Flicking his hair back, he smirked, resting his hand on his hip. "I have to warn you, I've trained alongside some of the Reliant's greatest and come out on top. Even their mighty leader... uh..,. Steve, yes... Steve said that he was powerless against me. What chance do you believe you have?"

Scavengers had appeared at the edges of the village, ugly brutes who were intent on scraping what they could from the battle-torn village. The goons were definitely taking advantage of the chaos. Esclabor pointed down at them from above, not terribly pleased with his sudden abduction. "This is almost as bad as when your sister did it... at least it's not three in the morning." Esclabor complained, leaving an uneasy Decima with the choice to remain silent.

Edited by Shin

Esclabor's loud complaining alerted Claire to the new arrivals, and she bit her lip in frustration. Freya looks a bit worn, but... Cass is with her, she'll be fine. She was made of tough stuff. Claire trusted her to take the brunt of the assault again so she left Freya to it, wanting to reach the would-be-bandit before it dealt any real damage, and shot a spell off at another Deiran on the way.

Claire to (16,13), Razorwind Fighter 3

Claire moves to 16,13!

Claire attacks Axe Fighter #3 with Razorwind!
21 Atk, 85% Hit, 45% Crit
(26 14)
The wind cuts him in half!

Claire gains 33 XP!
Claire gains 2 Tome WEXP!

The heavily armored man had fallen in the center, leaving only a battalion of archers in the vicinity. How timely, I suppose now is a good time to see how I've improved in that regard. Taking out Lionel's gift sword from its sheet, Owen brought it to level with his head, staring at the curved blade before setting his eyes on the nearest bowman. "Our job is not only to take their leader, but to secure the village. Come." He reminded his vassals, before walking forward to combat himself.

Owen to (7,6), attack Archer #6 with his Killing Edge.

"What the...!" Freya flinched hard as she was shot by two arrows that her armor felt distinctly useless against, bringing her from doing well to very injured in an alarmingly short time. "What kind of bow is that?!" Enraged, she charged at the man in question, killer lance in hand.

freya goes down 1 square and punches the hex bow jerk with killer lance

"Eh? Who do you think you are, hiding behind your archers? You're a coward of a soldier, aren't you?" Suleiman retorted. He spat at his side, visibly weakened from the sudden attack by the archer, before continuing, "Steve? Reliants? Who are they? Those soldiers that you sent at us all this time? They weren't very reliable, and I don't think you're any better."

Owen moves to 7,6!

Owen attacks Archer #6 with his Killing Edge!
14 Atk, 79% Hit, 38% Crit, 17% Astra
(61 29 24)
Bye.

Owen gains 30 XP!
Owen gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Owen grows to level 16!
(20 74 24 71 83 65 79 2)
HP up!
Luck up!
Resistance up!

Freya moves to 11,13!

Freya attacks Archer #4 with her Killer Lance!
14 Atk, 73% Hit, 66% Crit
(54 34)
Freya turns him into a fine paste!

Freya gains 23 XP!
Freya gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Oshea glared at Suleiman, flicking his hair back as he ushered the man in front of him to the side. The enemy commander was noticeably annoyed, his ego overcoming his perceived threat of incoming forces. The archer ahead of Oshea moved out of the way, giving him a clear line of sight to Suleiman. Raising his sword and pointing it straight at Suleiman, he called out to him.

"Then try your spear at me, infidel. Come face me and prove that your words are not a feeble attempt at villanry." Oshea boasted, his blade crackling with sparks of energy. "My archers won't trouble you if you care to face me directly."

Archer #2 moves out of the way to 14,5!

Edited by Shin

With another win under his belt, Eric turned to his right, raising his hand skyward, all to celebrate his triumph.

"Gyah!" Eric cried in pain as a stray arrow struck him. Instinct kicked in, and he ran for the cover, a tree. After artfully running behind the wood, he spotted...an archer. It seemed a little farfetched to say he was the one who shot him, but it was someone to hit nonetheless.

"Hraaaah!"

Eric skillfully to (11, 5), Killing Edge Archer #1.

Eric moves to 11,5!

Eric attacks Archer #1 with his Killing Edge!
9 Atk, 70% Hit, 34% Crit
(75 86)
How embarrassing!
Archer #1 counters with his Crossbow+Pavise!
10 Atk, 57% Hit, 3% Crit
(45 39)
Eric takes 10 damage! (13/32 HP remaining)

Eric gains 5 XP!
Eric gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Eric grows to level 16!
(66 33 3 61 20 61 53 69)
Strength up!
Magic up!
Speed up!

"Hah, so you're not as cowardly as I thought. That blade that you wield...I've seen blades like that before. That is fine, because I've got this!" he responded, whipping out his prized lance. The tip of the spear began to be engulfed in flames,  and Suleiman pointed the flaming tip at the enemy commander, daring him to attack. " A spear of flame, and a blade of thunder! Let us see which weapon speaks true! At your ready, then."

Suleiman moves to 13,5 and uses his vulnerary.

"A shame you won't be needing this any longer, sir," Alain said, plucking the dark tome from the old man's incapable reach. He had a strange mark carved onto his hand--the same that Constance brandished on her cloak. I see... I should have realized sooner. It was curious that nobody had apprehended Constance for her bold display, but perhaps the meaning of the mark was lost upon most. 

Without any further delay, Alain took his prize and emerged from the house, ready to enter the fray once more. 

Alain moves to (15,8) attacks Fighter 2 with Balor