Alain attacks Oshea with Balor!
Oshea kindly lets Alain attack first!
5 Atk, 39% Hit, 6% Crit
(89 66)
Alain misses!
Oshea strikes back!
22 Atk, 100% Hit, 63% Crit, 31% Astra, 31% Luna, 31% Sol
(99 82 99 3 18)
Oshea's sword glows some colours probably!
He misses though!

Alain gains 5 XP!
Alain gains 1 Tome WEXP!

"May there be an end to this battle, may Engel bring us together in peace."

Accolon moves to 19,8!
Oshea is trapped!

Oshea surrenders!

MAP COMPLETE

Oshea surrenders

Silent Victory

With Owen's men surrounding him and no hopes of an exit, Oshea knew he'd met his match. Dropping his sword to the ground, he raised his hands, slowly lowering himself down onto his knees. He didn't say anything, but his sour expression signified that he wasn't pleased with the outcome of the battle. There was an awkward silence, none of the villagers were leaving their houses - there didn't appear to be too many of them left. Silhouettes in the windows were the closest that was seen to ther presence, quickly hiding from view if anyone were to glance at them long enough. 

Accolon's wyvern landed, the rider putting their hands together in prayer. "My Lord, I am grateful for safe passage through this battle." Accolon proclaimed, Unil looking up at his master with an almost sceptical glance. "Please have mercy upon those souls of the departed, and lead them to your embrace."

There was another awkward silence, it was unlikely that anyone, save for Angus perhaps, shared such a sentiment. There was still the matter of their captured enemy commander, there were a multitude of options for dealing with him, but there was no straight forward answer. Oshea's eyes glanced between the members of the group, his shoulders relaxed as he sank into his knees. Escaping didn't seem to be on his agenda for the moment.

-

Double Pants

Nelon approached Owen, the man perhaps a little surprised that the Prince was so far from the front line. "Prince Owen, it appears the battle has ended in our favour." Nelon affirmed, bowing his head from atop of his horse. "I have just received an unusual message from our scouts. Apparently, there have been sightings of yourself doing battle in a village a few miles to our east. I cannot fathom how this could have occured, but I would not wish to question the ability of Raewald's scouts."

All players are free to post!

Bonus EXP below!

Spoiler

Owen gains 20 XP!

Owen grows to level 17!
(64 35 13 27 12 27 53 27)
Strength up!
Skill up!
Speed up!
Luck up!
Resistance up!

Cass gains 15 XP!

Angus gains 25 XP!

Angus grows to level 17!
(99 45 1 66 74 16 67 89)
Strength up!
Magic up!
Luck up!

Claire gains 20 XP!
Freya gains 10 XP!

Sidney gains 25 XP!

Sidney grows to level 17!
(25 19 79 73 24 29 84 38)
HP up!
Strength up!
Luck up!

Suleiman gains 40 XP!

Alain gains 20 XP!

Alain grows to level 17!
(12 16 13 91 65 50 96 78)
HP up!
Magic up!
Luck up!

Constance gains 10 XP!
Eric gains 30 XP!

Graham gains 30 XP!

Sebastian gains 10 XP!

Sebastian grows to level 3!
(76 33 41 62 52 42 12 2)
HP up!
Strength up!
Magic up!
Skill up!
Speed up!
Luck up!
Defense up!
Resistance up!

Morta gains 25 XP!
Decima gains 20 XP!
Nona gains 20 XP!
Nelon gains 20 XP!
Esclabor gains 15 XP!
Vesta gains 20 XP!
Accolon gains 15 XP!
Steve gains 20 XP!

Was it over? Really? Then she'd made it... That had been easier than she'd expected. Maybe her issue really was with the siblings... As long as she had time before they showed up, she'd be fine. Probably. Hopefully... The battle was over, and that meant seeing if the others were alright. First things first, Owen. Wandering her way past one of the houses, he appeared to be engaging Nelon in conversation, though she couldn't hear what exactly it was about.

"Brother! How did you fare? I'm happy to inform that I handled myself fairly well in this fight. Nothing went wrong... Not that we couldn't handle. And, are you wounded?" He didn't seem to be bleeding, but perhaps there was some bruising, or an internal issue. "Just wanted to make sure you were alright, first..."

Sidney wiped her brow as the sounds of battle faded away, her hurried jog fading to a slow stroll as she made her way towards the treasure that the Deirans were guarding. "That felt like it took forever," she mumbled, resisting the urge to lean on the wall and collapse. Despite that she'd been healed, she still wasn't feeling too hot overall, sinking to the ground and starting to pry at the first chest with her lockpick. "Let's see what these guys went through the trouble of posting such a big guard in this corner for..."

The battle ended with a whimper rather than a bang, but the result was welcome all the same. Claire stepped forward carefully and retrieved the weapon Oshea had dropped. Perhaps she should have exercised a little more caution, but she was beginning to wonder if all magical weapons were truly this pathetic. One of them did defeat Sir Alain before, though...

With the enemy leader now truly both disarmed and disheartened, Claire had a moment to look around and take in what had happened. The village was in shambles, with buildings left smouldering as a result of the enemy mage's poor aim. She looked away with a small frown on her face, and turned her attention towards Oshea. "Why did you come here?" 

Edited by SB.

It had been a long time since Constance had been on a battle field. This sensation was not a welcome one. She did not want to feel this way. The attempts to numb herself only delayed the pain which came crashing down on her all at once now that the fighting had ceased. It could have been worse, she thought to herself. A lot worse. She glanced over to the destroyed house. And yet it could have been better. A lot better. She made her way to where the surrendered commander was. Owen had not yet arrived. She was curious as to what he would do with his prisoner.

Eric protruded from between the two houses. He shot a glance in each direction. Left saw a congregation start to form. Right...well, it didn't matter was was right, because Eric decided to go join the hubbub.

Everyone was turned, looking at...something. Eric couldn't quite see, but he wanted to. They were also calm, that was for certain. And calm is a good sign in this...scenario.

In a spectacular display of courtesy, Eric shoved his way through the crowd, stopping abrubtly once he saw what(or rather, who) they were gathered around.

"...You."

"What's wrong commander? You seem awfully quiet all of a sudden. Where's your gusto now?" Alain sneered. For all his boasting, Oshea had failed to deliver any promising results--a true pity for his men. "Letting him go free would be ill-advised should he manage to reconvene with Deiran forces. But somehow I doubt Deira would care enough to pay a ransom for him. Perhaps we should just let the surviving Myrcian villagers have their way with him. I'm sure they might have a thing or two they'd like to say... " 

Suleiman slammed the blunt end of his lance on the ground, displeased with Oshea's surrender. All the arrogant talk had gone out of the window. "Speak, you worm! Where is your unparalleled skill now? You're outnumbered and outmatched, so it would be in your interest to answer all of out questions...or else!" 

"They have spotted... me?" Things had... somewhat ended on a whimper, hadn't they? Owen wasn't even aware until Cassandra came to his side, with Nelon having demanded attention earlier. "Ah, Cassandra. I am doing fine. I've had some scrapes here and there, but nothing that couldn't be handled." Owen was reassuring, sheathing his sword as the sign of danger was all but implied gone. "I've had worse times fighting knights than I did today." There was something surprisingly easy to get about curved swords, though maybe an upgrade to his usual epee was overdue... it wasn't standing the test of military-grade armor.

"Anyways, Nelon, how... have the scouts explained how similar the sightings are to me?" Back to the mystery at hand. It would be an understatement to say that Owen stands out from the crowd, so somebody being mistaken by him was certainly something. "If there are any sights that this 'other me' is still around, perhaps we should pass through those villages next."

"If you say so... I'll make sure you're covered, just in case." She began to casually tend to the small scuffs and scraped he said he had, while listening in to what was going on... "Wait, another you? That... Oh!" Ding ding ding! "Gewaint!" Cass smiled wide, her mood restored in an instant. "It must be! There's no way anyone else could look like you, the hair's too much to copy. It has to be him! Oh, I can't wait~" She did pick up that Nelon was there, but... If he didn't know about Gewaint being released by now, he'd find out when we got there. "We're going to see him, right? Right, Owen?"

Sibling Slacks

Nelon nodded his head slowly, Cass' explanation of Dettard explanining the presence of another pink haired fighter. "That would make far more sense. I had not anticipated that he would have made a reappearance so soon." Nelon replied, noting Cass' and Owen's difference in enthusiasm. He removed a sheet of parchment from his belt, unrolling it and holding it in front of him. "The descriptions are a pink haired young man with an emerald sword. His highness' sword technique and tales of yourself in Tytila Cathedral may have spread to enemy forces. These sightings are to our east, and a path through them would not be entirely circumferential to our planned approach."

Stolen Goods

The chest wasn't particularly well locked, it was old and rather rudimentary. Despite the death of the guard, Sidney wasn't alone, there was a presence behind one of the trees. A short leg with a boot at the end was poking out from behind the trunk, most likely that of a child. Whoever it was clearly didn't want to intervene, more keep a closer eye on the rogue. Even a glance would be enough to cause them to hide themselves more.

Fallen Champion

Oshea looked up at Claire, his foppish magnificence having faded from the hardships of battle. "The same reason you've come here, my dear. Are you not paid for your services in battle? I simply accept the highest offer I obtain." he replied, his eyes darting between members of the mob around him. Despite the poor situation, he hadn't quite lost all his bravado. However, Alain's taunts visibly bothered him, it he was clear he was gritting his teeth and doing his best not to retort.

"Or else? I'm being left with the choice of imprisonment, death or being left to a horde of unwashed peasants. I feel my options are poor regardless." he spat, looking up at Suleiman's bald head. He grinned, the vacancy in his eyes being joined by a foolish grin. "If I fall here, at least I have the knowledge that you'll all fall to the Justice Friends. You'll end up far worse than me."

With fury Constance launched a stream of dark energy at the enemy commander. Not enough to kill him but more than enough to knock him to the ground. "How dare you?" She gestured to the people standing around him. "Raewald or Wyke did not start this war. These people fight to protect, to reclaim, their homes. Do you realize how many people you have killed today? And I don't just mean these villagers. How many of your own country men have died due to your incompetence? What possible reason could you have had to take this village? You know you could never hold it. Not with Raewald marching this way." She spat on the ground beside him. "You sicken me. We give you your life and you act not with humility but with such...such...boldness. Your a pompous pile of piss. Killing you would be more than you deserve."

Edited by Jotari

"Ge--" Oh, of course. There was after all, someone that could be mistaken for Owen... well, his hair wasn't exactly all pink like the royals, but if he let it grow, it would be pretty convincing. "Oh, it... might be him." That was exactly an exciting prospect, but he did leave for Myrcia....

Nelon's affirmations only cemented the possibility. "A young man with an emeral--" Owen sighed, "It is him, that's his sword." Well, color Owen unecstatic, he'd be seeing his traitor brother this soon again. "If a path through those villages isn't that far out of the way, then it's best we go only to confirm who it truly is." It would do to know there were no lies being spread about who he was, for starters. You should have stayed way more low-profile, Gewaint. Want to play hero to the common man after what you tried to pull?

The mention of his sightings including rumors of his sword technique and Tytila's Cathedral, the prince wasn't any happier, either. Great, now they'll think I have an allergy to shovels, or that my pants glow bright in the dark... couldn't someone have spread rumors about the grenade toss at Magonsaete's shore instead? "It would be a good way to make sure these rumors don't go out of hand... and that our enemies understand that taking control of Myrcian land is nothing we'll let happen without a fight." Nodding at Nelon with his orders given, Owen turned to his sister again. "Thank you for the healing, sister. We'll find out who that lookalike really is, perhaps it will be Gewaint after all. ...By the way, what happened over there next to the village hall, anyways? I didn't expect the conflict to end quite this quickly." Owen wasn't quite as ecstatic as his sister, though he didn't want to show it too much to her, forcing a smile. 

At least, if it was Gewaint, they'd be able to sort out his misconception quickly...

Edited by Xinnidy

"What a pathetic excuse for a commander..." Freya sheathed her sword, crossing her arms and glaring. "All that bravado to fold when cornered after attacking the innocents here. You're hardly fit to be on the battlefield at all. We fight not for coin, but for reclaiming our rightful home- and preventing you Deirans from carving a warpath more than you already have for yourselves." She laughed humorlessly at his taunting. "Are the Justice Friends as much a figment of your imagination as any skills you pretend to have in combat? Even if they are real... I welcome them to try and pass me, much less harm the rest of us!"

"Hm?" Sidney couldn't help but notice someone moving behind a tree, and she lowered her hands from the chest. "Who's there? I don't mean to hurt you... the battle is over, you don't need to hide anymore." This thing isn't in the best of shape... is this not even the Deiran's spoils, but belonging to the villagers?" She stood up from her kneeling position, putting the lockpick away for at least the moment. "Is this the village's?"

Suleiman wanted to kick the fallen commander upon hearing his retort, but someone else had already attacked him. He turned to look at the caster- it was Constance. He laughed as he saw the man struggle from the blow. "Do not waste your breath on him, Elder. People like him, they're scum, they wouldn't care about the villagers. Death is too kind to someone like him." He turned to Oshea once more, and taunted him. "Perhaps we should break your arms! You wouldn't be able to pick up a sword ever again, and that would be a wonderful stain on your honour, if you ever had any. How about it? I wish Prince Owen would get here soon, watching you sickens me."

Eric stood frozen as Oshea was questioned, knocked to the ground, and berated. Did the man deserve it? Hell yes.

Mentioning how Oshea had let his entire unit die only increased Eric's anger. That could have been...And then more insults came from the surrounding mob. With each jab, each insult, Eric could practically feel himself turning red...Finally, he spoke without thinking, unable to stand it any longer. Forget the insults of or to the masses. This was personal.

"How does it feel to lose, Commander? How does it feel, oh mighty one, to lay sprawled on the ground, at the complete and total mercy of those in front of you? How. Does. It. Feel? To lose every ally you may have had in one fell swoop? How does it feel to be nothing?"

It felt really good to spout that off. Was Eric really adding anything fundamental? No. Did it even have anything to do with anyone else? No. But damn if it didn't feel cathartic.

Owen didn't seem as pleased... She couldn't entirely blame him, but-- "Don't you think the two of you should try to make up? Owen, father's gone. I don't know what's happened to our mother, but... We're all we have left, for family. Even if he's just a half brother, he's still our half brother. And I know you two fought, but... Even if you can't entirely forgive each other, you could try to get along..." While Cass was thinking about Owen's feelings, she was still focused on her own. It felt really nice, having two brothers to rely on. And maybe he'd even be able to help her with her training, even more... An emerald sword... Does he have another like this one? Or is that just because he's using the family technique? Either way, it'd be wonderful to see him again...

"I'll be there with you. I can help. He likes me, I think... I can help you two smooth things over." As for over near the village hall... "I'm not exactly sure. Should we check? I spent most of my time elsewhere this battle... I saw the enemy commander-- or at least, he was regal enough to be one --running away, so perhaps the rest of the group caught him?"