Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 5

Shin

"Come back here, Deiran scum! We're not done yet! I did not fight you to prove anything, I fight for vengeance! I won't be satisfied until you taste my lance!" Suleiman barked, running after the man who was trying to escape.

Suleiman moves to 15,4 and attacks Oshea with the Flame Lance.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cass moves to 12,5!

Cass attacks Archer #1 with her Iron Sword!
7 Atk, 92% Hit, 6% Crit
(61 2)
Such crit! Cass deals 21 damage! (12/33 HP remaining)
Archer #1 attacks back with his Crossbow+Pavise!
10 Atk, 72% Hit, 16% Crit
(17 71)
Cass takes 10 damage! (26/37 HP remaining)

Cass gains 10 XP!
Cass gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Suleiman moves to 15,4!

"That bald pest again? You! Don't you have anyone else you need to bother!"

Suleiman attacks Oshea with his Flame Lance!
4 Atk, 46% Hit, 6% Crit, 20% Sol
(88 29 46)
Miss!
Oshea hastily counters!
28 Atk, 100% Hit, 37% Crit, 33% Astra, 33% Luna, 33% Sol
(87 96 91 54 7)
Oshea's sword glows orange again!
Oshea's sword doesn't connect?

"Perhaps you aren't a lost cause after all. It is a shame you're on the enemy side, you could have been a good henchman."

Suleiman gains 5 XP!
Suleiman gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Constance watched as the princess made a magnificent strike against a crossbowman but it wasn't enough to fell her foe. He responded in kind with a crossbow bolt. Constance pushed past and launched a blast of dark magic at him. She could have killed him if she chose to hold back just enough to ensure he would survive. 

Constance to (12,4),  Balor on Archer #1

Owen sighed. Felling man after man was... different from his previous skirmishes, to say the least. I should thank Lionel for the sword again, once I am back home. Smiling was inadequate after the manslaughter he'd wrought, but the prince was feeling a sense of calm despite the blood, as if watched from a distance, and not by Malaphar. Now, it was still their mission to secure the village. Completely.

Owen to (3,2)!

"Maybe you should have been wearing something like this if you didn't want to fall so easily, Deiran scum," Freya commented after the archer fell to the ground. She brushed off her armor, walking past the fallen enemies, glad she saw no familiar faces among them, heading towards the village's center- there was nothing left to do here.

Freya marches to 11, 9

Eric felt the sting of another shot when the archer decided to follow him around the corner of the house. And just after he had applied some medicine, too! Stupid crossbow guy. This guy was becoming quite the pain. So, after two others came and distracted him, Eric took his chance. He put his arms back through his coat sleeves, kicked his coattail behind him, and charged.

"Hrah!"

Eric over to (11 ,4) to swing the Killing Edge at Archer #1...again.

Sidney started to move back defensively as the enemy commander started to head towards her after she'd felled the Deiran archer... but instead he went right past her, trying to make an escape. "What the... Hey! You don't really think you're running away like that, are you?" Zodiac Claw still in hand, she bolted to stand right in his path. "Sending men to die, but unwilling to risk yourself... aren't you Deirans meant to be courageous, if nothing else? It seems you've failed at even that."

Sidney to (17, 4)

Edited by Reinfleche

"Don't be so harsh on the man. I wager he'd play a fine game of chess. After all, what are a few pawns to secure the safety of the king?" 

"Ah but alas, a true pity for you Commander... I believe we've reached checkmate." 

Alain moves to (16,3). 

Accolon to (21,8), trade Angus the Hand Axe that he totally had because Terrador isn't an idiot, Canto to (23,8)

"Aye, brother, but not today. We can't catch 'im now; he'll stick 'is neck out again, an' we'll do th'rest later. For now..." Angus gestures with a tired arm at the Deiran closer to the pair. "Follow my lead."

Angus to (23,6), equip Hand Axe, talk to Warrior

"You could run," the boy warns. "We're stretched too thin f'r me to chase you down, an' that's th'only way you're makin' it out alive." Angus looks past the warrior, indicating that he saw the likely hostage. "The only way." The thought was wretched to the knight--if he would go through an innocent to strike down an enemy, was he any better than that enemy? Perhaps not, but this was only their first encounter with the Deirans. If hiding behind the Myrcians didn't save their lives, fewer would be taken as human shields... he hoped.

Edited by Terrador

Constance moves to 12,4!

Constance attacks Archer #1 with Balor!
17 Atk, 66% Hit, 5% Crit
(4 93)
Constance has mercy! (1/33 HP remaining)
Archer #1 counters!
21 Atk, 71% Hit, 5% Crit
(81 19)
No sell!

Constance gains 30 XP!
Constance gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Owen moves to 3,2!

"I swear I've barely set foot inside this village."

Esclabor moves to 9,10!

"Sometimes I wonder if I'm here just to make up numbers."

Decima moves to 4,10!
Decima rescues Peasant Woman #1!
Decima cantos to 8,8!

Freya moves to 11,9!

Eric moves to 11,4!

Eric attacks Archer #1 with his Killing Edge!
10 Atk, 70% Hit, 36% Crit
(60 27)
Archer #1 finally falls!

Eric gains 27 XP!
Eric gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Claire moves to 20,7!
Sidney moves to 17,4!
Alain moves to 16,3!

"Hey, that's cheating! You're meant to fight, not just get in my way!"

Accolon flies to 23,8!

"May he repent his misdeeds and find the light. My brother, I will follow you to Engel's gates themselves to aid His work."

Angus moves to 23,6!
Angus equips his Hand Axe!

"Could run, but I got a sick missus back home. Coming back with nothing is the same as dyin'."

ENEMY PHASE

Sniper moves to 2,3!

Sniper fires at Owen!
Owen deflects the arrow with his blade!
So cool... but it's not Astra!

Owen gains 5 XP!
Owen gains 1 Sword WEXP!

"Don't take it all personal-like, I woulda done this even if you didn't talk to me."

Warrior attacks Angus with his Hammer!
15 Atk, 74% Hit, 4% Crit, Charge Possible
(64 71)
Hammer Time! Angus takes 15 damage! (19/40 HP remaining)
Angus counters!
19 Atk, 58% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge not possible
(19 46)
Angus deals 19 damage! (31/50 HP remaining)
Warrior charges!
(76 47)
Screw you, Angus.
Angus attacks!
(29 45)
Angus deals 19 damage! (12/50 HP remaining)

Angus gains 12 XP!
Angus gains 2 Axe WEXP!

"Time to use a legendary technique passed down my family for generations..."

Oshea runs to 17,8!

Chapter 9 Turn 9
Objective Change: Seize/Defeat Oshea/Oshea Escapes

a05fd9bceb95c5107473ad81318bc358.png

SPREADSHEET

"You!" Owen rose his voice after deflecting the arrow --that was starting to feel natural. Good. "We've recovered the village, your commander is running away as we speak, after so many of your own have been sacrificed in battle. I recommend valuing your life a bit higher, dropping your weapon, and surrendering." Owen kept his sword unsheated, pointing at the archer.

Talking is a free action... right?

The attack hit, knocking the crossbowman to the ground. "Leave now if you value your life," Constance ordered her enemy. The crossbowman responded by shooting a bolt at her. Surprised by both the attack and her own agility, she dodged. Before she could respond one of her allies cut the man down. Such a waste of life, she thought to herself. Why do they fight when they can barely stand? 

"Thank you for your help" she said to the swordsman. "You look tired. Do you need me to heal you?"

Eric had landed the blow this time. After missing and getting hit twice, it was satisfying. He gestured a little, but was cut off by one of the two others there asking if he wanted any healing.

"Me? Well, uh, no problem." Short. Humble. Good. "And I'd appreciate it, yeah."

...Now that he thought about it, despite his adrenaline, Eric kind of hurt. A little patching up would most definitely be welcomed.

Yeah. A little healing was GREATLY appreciated.

"Oh, man, that feels so much better. Thanks. And, uh...I dunno. Still feels like a lot was happening, but maybe that's 'cuz I've been doing a lot of fighting. Didn't figure I'd see so much action on my first fight AGAINST Deira."

Eric paused, solemnly and blankly staring into the distance for a moment. He hadn't stopped to look at anyone he'd cut down. He didn't even know for certain who was in charge. Was anyone he knew here?...Had he killed any of them?

Eric snapped back to reality...again. "Heheh, look at me, letting my blood get the best of me. What's it matter?"

"A-anyway, finishing or not, I prob'ly oughta get back in the fight. Thanks again for the patchup!" Eric started off again, in the direction he remembered there being commotion in. No one there. After a pause, Eric turned right. Right was good.

Eric to (13, 7).

Angus moves to 23,7!

Angus attacks Warrior with his Hand Axe!
19 Atk, 58% Hit, 0% Crit
(29 7)
Go home and be a fa-... oh, he's dead.

Angus gains 50 XP!
Angus gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Angus cantos to 23,6!

Owen talks!

"... I'll remember your mercy."

Sniper flees!
Owen gains 1 XP!

Suleiman moves to 17,7!

"Wait! Baldy, we can talk about this! I have money!"

Suleiman attacks Oshea with his Flame Lance!
4 Atk, 45% Hit, 6% Crit, 20% Sol
(56 59 9)
Suleiman's lance glimmers orange!
Suleiman deals 16 damage! (29/45 remaining)
Oshea counters!
28 Atk, 100% Hit, 37% Crit, 33% Astra, 33% Luna, 33% Sol
(0 64 12 21 98)
Oshea's sword glimmers green... then blue!
Oshea deals 14 damage! (24/38 HP remaining)
(23 22 21)
Oshea misses!
(45 74 23)
Oshea misses!
(23 62 75)
Oshea misses!
(66 83 2)
Oshea misses!

Suleiman gains 12 XP!
Suleiman gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Constance heals Eric!
Constance gains 20 XP!
Constance gains 3 Staff WEXP!

Eric moves to 13,7!

Claire was quite confused to see the enemy commander charging towards them on his own, in stark contrast to his prior behaviour, but it became clear that he wasn't interested in fighting anymore she quickly caught on. "Don't let him get away!"

Claire to 18,7, attack Oshea with Razorwind.

Edited by SB.

"Well, then..." That wasn't exactly the surrender that Owen was hoping for, but that worked, meaning that now what he needed to do was check the damage done to this walled part of the town. Why is this house walled in, anyways? What's so important about it? Perhaps there was just something about Myrcian architecture he would learn today.

Perhaps not.

Owen to (3,5), who needs map objectives?

Claire moves to 18,7!

"Wait... you can be one of my concubines! You don't need to attack!"

Claire attacks Oshea with Razorwind!
9 Atk, 37% Hit, 27% Crit
(26 92)
Oshea takes 17 damage! (12/45 HP remaining)
Oshea's Wrath activates... probably!
Oshea counters!
26 Atk, 170% Hit, 48% Crit, 33% Astra, 33% Luna, 33% Sol
(55 97 56 17 29)
Oshea's sword glimmers blue and purple... no wait, orange!
Oshea deals 2 damage!(31/33 HP remaining)

Claire gains 12 XP!
Claire gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Owen moves to 3,5!