FE4 - Help with Grinding?

Purple-Clad Gamer

I haven't played FE4 in years. How do people manage to get their units to crazy-high levels and have amazing stats for the next few chapters? I'm about a third of the way through Chapter 1 at the moment. I've used the Arena and cleared it using Sigurd and Quan.

31 minutes ago, Purple-Clad Gamer said:

I haven't played FE4 in years. How do people manage to get their units to crazy-high levels and have amazing stats for the next few chapters? I'm about a third of the way through Chapter 1 at the moment. I've used the Arena and cleared it using Sigurd and Quan.

Boss abuse and unlimited reinforcements.

- Boss abuse : best for Dew if he farm Munnir and wait him to recover

- Unlimited reinforcements : Some squad leader will return to his castle and come back with replacements for the killed troops.

Adean and Ethlin can staff abuse (in particular, Return and Warp in Chapter 1. Lachesis will love one of these as well, if you save enough money for her with Dew). Lex can grind by fighting the second boss on the Prologue (even if he misses, which he most likely will, he'll earn a ton of exp because of Elite. Enough to finish the chapter near Level 20, at least). Dew can also grind by dodging enemy units in Chapter 1, but I'm always unlucky with him and he dies.

Edited by Rapier

Adean, Ethlin, and Lachesis can simply staff abuse to reach level 20.

As for the rest, boss abuse or unlimited reinforcements help. You should especially promote Dew and Arden early by having them boss abuse Gandalf, if you want to use them. A good thing about boss abuse is that you may need to heal your units a lot, which ultimately ends up becoming sort of like staff abuse.

Boss abusing and level grinding is a long, boring, tedious process. It's not really needed to finish the game, but if you really wanna train up Dew, be my guest... Spamming healing with Aideen/Ethlin is always a good idea, however. Heal even the most minor of scratches, even the +1 HP on level ups!

2 minutes ago, Darrman said:

Boss abusing and level grinding is a long, boring, tedious process

Well, it is the only way to get all, or most, characters promoted/be at a high level early on, unless there's some other way. 

Although this process can become faster by having the Elite Ring and switching it between characters so they level up faster. In fact, through this method you might only need to just use the arena. I think it comes either during Chapter 2 or after it.

Level grinding doesn't take that much time with Adean or Ethlin because the Warp and Rescue staves give plenty of EXP, and Lex levels up fast even if he misses the chapter 1 boss. The same can be done with Lachesis if you give her money with Dew.

This makes the game easy and kinda pointless, though. FE4 is very generous with EXP by standard. Chances are most of your units will be promoted by Chapter 4 or 5 (except Tiltyuu and Briggid, probably), there is no point in level grinding unless you want to turn the characters into reincarnations of the Holy Crusaders.

Edited by Rapier

2 hours ago, Rapier said:

Chances are most of your units will be promoted by Chapter 4 or 5 (except Tiltyuu and Briggid, probably)

Briggid is already promoted. 

8 hours ago, Rapier said:

Oh, right, forgot about that detail. "Maxed out" fits for her, then.

Briggid already has great stats and gets stat boosts thanks to the Yewfelle, so she doesn't really need to train much anyways (besides, her growths completely suck)