2nd Hero Fest characters revealed!

Armagon

8 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Exactly as predicted by the community, nice. Hope I get my free Julia as I don't have orbs to spend trying for her. This is a really good banner though. 

Welp, got all blues and one red to pull from. Thanks game. Ended up with a free 4☆ Eliwood.

Guess we are guaranteed atleast 2-3 more summon sessions, with the orbs from daily event & Tempest.
I pulled a -atk Julia on the very last summon out of 40 orbs. Got a +2 Julia now, but still no +atk IVs =(.

Are u guys also pulling really different 4* now? I didn't see a Sheena, Clair, Titania, Leon & Jeorge at all..
Just seems they all have bad skill inheritance, so this doesn't feel like any good pull tbh.

My free summon got me a Sanaki. I already had a Sanaki months prior but this essentially meant that i got a free merge. So i merged my new Sanaki with my main one and now i have a Lv.40+1 Sanaki.

Blargh. I don't have enough orbs for all these waifus. 

• Goes for the free summon to try to get Ninian
  • gets all red and grey summon nodes
  • FML

this game hates me haha

Edited by BANRYU

4 hours ago, Namero said:

It looks like this is a trap to trick people into wasting orbs. With it starting at 5% and with a free summon it seemed like a very good deal. I don't think I've ever had a banner go very far past 5% without pulling a 5* unit until now. I just spent several dozen orbs and haven't gotten any 5* at all. And the % is going up slower than usual; normally a full summon session raises it by .25%, but not here! After several summoning sessions I'm now at 6.88%. I can't help but wonder if that is BS and I should just give up on this apparent scam banner altogether right now... Be weary.

5% is 1 in 20. That's approximately 1 5-star focus character every 80 orbs averaged over a large number of pulls. Several dozen orbs is nowhere near enough to get close to a guaranteed 5-star pull.

Every 5 pulls without a 5-star pull results in the 5-star rate going up by 0.5%, divided proportionally between the focus and regular 5-star pulls. That means that instead of increasing your focus 5-star rate by 0.25% every 5 pulls, it goes up by 0.3125%, which is better than normal. (In return, the 5-star rate from the normal pool only goes up by 0.1875% so that the total 5-star rate still goes up by 0.5%.)

Well this banner doesn't like me so after spending all my orbs I have yet to pull one 5*, I am going to stop and just save up all the obs I can for the SS banner when it comes.  At least my chances of pulling a 5* from the SS banner will be higher thanks to this banner and I did get some SI and merge fodder.

7 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Damn, and I thought my luck was bad.  I spent 106 orbs on Hero Fest and was disappointed about getting only a -Speed Soren.  I really want Ike and Julia.  :(:  Hugs for you.  The pull thread is so depressing right now, seeing all the people get what they want in <100 orbs... 

Just tell yourself that you're much more likely to feel like posting your pulling results when they're good. :)

That is why it may seem like everyone is getting luckier than you are. Way more good summoning sessions get reported than uneventful ones. A 5% chance is still a very small chance. 

7 hours ago, Silith13 said:

The banner only lasts 7 days. So little time to scrounge up 20 more orbs.

Which is why my next pull will be from that banner again since it'll be the first to go. Ninian is amazing (who I just got) and she, Julia and Genny (I needed a blue dancer, have no *5 Healer and only have 4 strong Greens) are economically the best summons for me but I REALLY want Ike.

If I can pull at least one more *5 focus from this banner I'll lay off. Still want Tempest units, even then there's still S!Corrin looming over my head as the month finishes it's first quarter.

The Tempest will give plenty of orbs as will future events, but will they be enough?

7 hours ago, Silith13 said:

The banner only lasts 7 days. So little time to scrounge up 20 more orbs.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Which is why my next pull will be from that banner again since it'll be the first to go. Ninian is amazing (who I just got) and she, Julia and Genny (I needed a blue dancer, have no *5 Healer and only have 4 strong Greens) are economically the best summons for me but I REALLY want Ike.

If I can pull at least one more *5 focus from this banner I'll lay off. Still want Tempest units, even then there's still S!Corrin looming over my head as the month finishes it's first quarter.

The Tempest will give plenty of orbs as will future events, but will they be enough?

On the bright side, we're getting 4 orbs per day for the next two weeks, so you'll have 28 orbs from the event login rewards alone by the end of this banner.

As much as I want some sheep, I decided to use my free summon to try for Ninian instead, and I got...

...5* Lukas? +Def -Res. Well, I can't complain. I need more blues and I'm sure a unit with 46 Defense will come in handy.

I'm hoping to go back to the banner sometime, but I'm still aiming for Summer Corrin to round out my flier team.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the bright side, we're getting 4 orbs per day for the next two weeks, so you'll have 28 orbs from the event login rewards alone by the end of this banner.

I need literally every unit on each banner except one...

• Gray - Sword Valor makes grinding bearable + I just like him.
  • Ike - One of my favorite characters and supremely useful/top tier.
  • Ninian - Don't have any blue dancers 
  • Julia - I only have 4 strong green units.
  • Sonia - Same as Julia.
  • Genny - No *5 healers.
  • Celica - I have 0 *5 Red mages and the only usable one I have is *4 +SPD/-ATK Tharja.
  • Delthea - My only one is +ATK/-SPD.
  • S!Corrin - BLUE TOME FLYER.

All of these banners are juicy but S!Corrin is looming over me as the month slowly fades out and she'll be gone forever. So I dumb orbs into blues hoping for her. It's a trying month.

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, Alertcircuit said:

I'm thinking of waiting until literally the last day to summon, because with Valter on his way and summer coming to a close, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw Sacred Stones or Choose Your Legends at us in a couple days.

I don't think CYL will be here that soon, but Sacred Stones is definitely a possibility so I'm waiting as well.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

I need literally every unit on each banner except one...

• Gray - Sword Valor makes grinding bearable + I just like him.
  • Ike - One of my favorite characters and supremely useful/top tier.
  • Ninian - Don't have any blue dancers 
  • Julia - I only have 4 strong green units.
  • Sonia - Same as Julia.
  • Genny - No *5 healers.
  • Celica - I have 0 *5 Red mages and the only usable one I have is *4 +SPD/-ATK Tharja.
  • Delthea - My only one is +ATK/-SPD.
  • S!Corrin - BLUE TOME FLYER.

All of these banners are juicy but S!Corrin is looming over me as the month slowly fades out and she'll be gone forever. So I dumb orbs into blues hoping for her. It's a trying month.

From what I understand, the typical way gacha games handle seasonal characters is to bring them back at the same time in future years. Still quite a while, and I'm certainly going to keep pumping orbs into trying for s!Corrin this time around, but if it comes to it, she'll be back eventually.

1 hour ago, Alertcircuit said:

I'm thinking of waiting until literally the last day to summon, because with Valter on his way and summer coming to a close, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw Sacred Stones or Choose Your Legends at us in a couple days.

My guess is that CYL will be next month, so they can give it the full month like the summer banners. Technically summer ends in September, after all. But a Sacred Stones banner in a few days does seem likely.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

From what I understand, the typical way gacha games handle seasonal characters is to bring them back at the same time in future years. Still quite a while, and I'm certainly going to keep pumping orbs into trying for s!Corrin this time around, but if it comes to it, she'll be back eventually.

My guess is that CYL will be next month, so they can give it the full month like the summer banners. Technically summer ends in September, after all. But a Sacred Stones banner in a few days does seem likely.

I'm not going to have any orbs for that. My orbs are tied up for literally the entire month so unless they throw a Dawn Brigade banner at me or Colm, Lute or Ross are in the SS Banner I'm gonna have to sit the new heroes out.

Unless there's some new OP skill I HAVE to have.

Ok, so I stopped playing Heroes after like a month because of really bad luck, came back for this banner because I love FE4 too much and was hoping on getting Julia and nooooowwwww.... I got 2 Julias, woooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!! (and an Ike on free summon, disgusting); just which one is better? -Hp +Res or +Hp -Res? Also, with the scheduled Valter release, could someone tell me how likely it is that they add new characters? I don't know if I should throw all my orbs at this banner for the increased 4* star rate or wait for that SS banner.

1 hour ago, Koumal8 said:

Ok, so I stopped playing Heroes after like a month because of really bad luck, came back for this banner because I love FE4 too much and was hoping on getting Julia and nooooowwwww.... I got 2 Julias, woooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!! (and an Ike on free summon, disgusting); just which one is better? -Hp +Res or +Hp -Res? Also, with the scheduled Valter release, could someone tell me how likely it is that they add new characters? I don't know if I should throw all my orbs at this banner for the increased 4* star rate or wait for that SS banner.

+Res-Hp is better on Julia I think. She's not good at taking physical attacks anyway, and Res is more important for tanking magic damage then HP is.

They'll definitly add new characters soon, since they alway have two new banner a month. The question is whether it will be SS banner. Because Valter is going to be added, people are suspecting they will want to add him to story chapters as well (like they did with Legion and Clarisse), so that would imply a SS banner. They could also pull a Lloyd though, and don't let him appear in a story map at all. Alternatively, they could say the next chapter takes place in the Askr world and trow in a special themed banner or something.

SS banner still feels the most likely to me though.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

Alternatively, they could say the next chapter takes place in the Askr world and trow in a special themed banner or something.

Didn’t stop them from adding the Blueberry Emblem banner, even though only the fifth map took place in Tellius.

Edited by Vaximillian

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Didn’t prevent them from adding the Blueberry Emblem banner, even though only the fifth map took place in Tellius.

True, but I was only saying they could get away with fielding Valter on a story map without trowing in a SS banner. It's not likely, but they could.

And now the focus rate has reached 9.06%... If I spend a few thousand more orbs until it reaches 100% then I'm guaranteed that each pull will be a five star, right? lol I still can't help but feel some rule that applies to other banners just doesn't apply to this one. In the past, 5% seemed to be the point where it was "get what you're after or get screwed by one you don't want". I remember my worst luck always being that I'd end up getting a 5* I didn't want. Back when the bridal blessing banner was around, I really wanted Cordelia, but wound up summoning Lyn 7 times before finally getting Cordelia. Now the same thing seems to be happening with Gray, I've gotten him 3 times when I only want Celica. Usually it would be the 5% range where my worst fear would be, "If I'm after a certain unit and their color orb doesn't appear, I'll be forced to choose a different color and there's a high chance it'll be a 5 star I don't want that'll reset my rate", which has happened quite a few times. Among all my dealings with past banners, never had I ever reached 6%. I remember reading something about there supposedly being being pity orbs that you'd have a high chance of getting after reaching the "dreaded 5%" range that'll kinda force a 5 star on you. From my past experience with all banners up to now, I felt like that did in fact seem to be the case. Either that's true and this banner is an exception to it (To "compensate" for the fact that it starts at 5%, possibly? If that's the case, forget this, just give me the good ol' 3% banners!), or Lady Luck has decided to forsaken me on this one banner alone. lol

Edit: And after spending hundreds of orbs and reaching over a 10% focus rate, I finally got a 5 star unit... F***ing Marth, of whom I already have a merged 5 star version and seven 4 star versions (six being from this very banner!). Screw this crap! I'm never touching a hero fest banner again! I'll support normal banners as long as they continue to give their pity at 5%, but if I ever see a banner starting at 5% again I will know to take that as a huge red flag to not waste a penny on it!

Edited by Namero

On 10/08/2017 at 0:07 PM, Vince777 said:

Just tell yourself that you're much more likely to feel like posting your pulling results when they're good. :)

That is why it may seem like everyone is getting luckier than you are. Way more good summoning sessions get reported than uneventful ones. A 5% chance is still a very small chance. 

You're totally right.  :^_^:  It's funny, I think I've told that exact advice to someone else before, but when the bad luck happened to me this time, I just acted mopey & didn't think straight.  It helped to hear this.  Thanks!  :):  (My luck wasn't even thaaat bad either.  I saw someone on reddit yesterday with a 9+% focus pity rate!  Now that's unlucky.)  Edit: I just noticed that the person who posted above me got to a 10+% focus pity rate... Oh my goodness.  My condolences. :(:

Edited by Infinite Dreams