Monsters in FE:W

Jedi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant tell what is going on with the purple one. Looks almost like there might be two of them there clipping into each other. Reason I say this is looking at the smaller red ones, they have only 2 arms and clearly a head, but the purple one has what looks almost like 4 arms and no visible head. Yet you can see an obvious shoulder, but it looks like another arm going over it. It would be a weird design to have a third arm coming over the shoulder, so I think there might be two of them clipping into each other in that screenshot.

Well then, I wasn't expecting this (despite how common monsters are in FE) Those do not look like any monsters we've had in any fire emblem game though

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I cant tell what is going on with the purple one. Looks almost like there might be two of them there clipping into each other. Reason I say this is looking at the smaller red ones, they have only 2 arms and clearly a head, but the purple one has what looks almost like 4 arms and no visible head. Yet you can see an obvious shoulder, but it looks like another arm going over it. It would be a weird design to have a third arm coming over the shoulder, so I think there might be two of them clipping into each other in that screenshot.

I agree with there being two of them, however the one in the front is more then likely shielding with it's arms over it's face

EDIT: Wait I see it, huh that is weird, the clipping could be possible or since it is a higher version of the grunt, it could have 3 arms, which is weird but possible.

Edited by LucarioGamer812

2 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Well then, I wasn't expecting this (despite how common monsters are in FE) Those do not look like any monsters we've had in any fire emblem game though

I agree with there being two of them, however the one in the front is more then likely shielding with it's arms over it's face

EDIT: Wait I see it, huh that is weird, the clipping could be possible or since it is a higher version of the grunt, it could have 3 arms, which is weird but possible.

There are actually 4 arms in the screenshot now that I look. Following what would be its right shoulder down, the arm curls in behind one of the other claws. Then you have two claws coming down over its head, and the claw the arm is hiding behind just behind those two. So either it has 4 arms, or there is two of them there.

*Me before clicking on this topic* "Oh sweet, we'll be able to fight stuff such as Bonewalkers, Mogalls, Revenants, Faceless, Necrodragons, and other FE monsters."

*Me after clicking on this topic* "WHAT ARE THESE DEMONS?! WHY DO THEY LOOK LIKE THEY CAME OUT OF MONSTER HUNTER?!"

In all seriousness though, it's nice that FE Warriors is getting it's own exclusive monsters. Wonder what else we'll see besides these Not Monster Hunter enemies.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

There are actually 4 arms in the screenshot now that I look. Following what would be its right shoulder down, the arm curls in behind one of the other claws. Then you have two claws coming down over its head, and the claw the arm is hiding behind just behind those two. So either it has 4 arms, or there is two of them there.

Yeah, both answers would be more logical then 3 arms.

Those don't look like any monsters Sacred Stones or Fates or Awakening had. They must be a new thing Koei came up with. I wonder what they are and what their role is in this.

They kind of almost remind me of Elementals of some type, obviously red would be Fire Elementals or maybe even Earth. I highly doubt that is what they are, but it definitely reminds me of it.

7 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Looks like one monster with four arms to me. For one, I only see one pair of legs and I think the arms match up with the extra arms coming from higher up.

Either way, I don't actually hate these. I wonder what different types there will be in the monster category.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Looks like one monster with four arms to me. For one, I only see one pair of legs and I think the arms match up with the extra arms coming from higher up.

Either way, I don't actually hate these. I wonder what different types there will be in the monster category.

I would say 4 arms as well, but the placement of them is weird. Typically it is 4 arms, 2 on each side below and above each other. Having them on the back of what looks like could be the shoulder, if that is what it is, is just odd.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

I would say 4 arms as well, but the placement of them is weird. Typically it is 4 arms, 2 on each side below and above each other. Having them on the back of what looks like could be the shoulder, if that is what it is, is just odd.

Well, at least it's different.

14 minutes ago, Jedi said:

R/FE seems to think these things look like the Iblis creatures from Sonic 06 lmao.

That's what I first thought when I saw them.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Me before clicking on this topic* "Oh sweet, we'll be able to fight stuff such as Bonewalkers, Mogalls, Revenants, Faceless, Necrodragons, and other FE monsters."

*Me after clicking on this topic* "WHAT ARE THESE DEMONS?! WHY DO THEY LOOK LIKE THEY CAME OUT OF MONSTER HUNTER?!"

In all seriousness though, it's nice that FE Warriors is getting it's own exclusive monsters. Wonder what else we'll see besides these Not Monster Hunter enemies.

Uhh... these things look way too fantastical for anything that's in MH. That series tends to anchor monsters around either standard fantasy archetypes (dragons) or real-life animals; outside of certain final bosses, nothing in the series looks this far out.
End nerd rant.

8 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Uhh... these things look way too fantastical for anything that's in MH. That series tends to anchor monsters around either standard fantasy archetypes (dragons) or real-life animals; outside of certain final bosses, nothing in the series looks this far out.

I'll admit, i've barely played Monster Hunter but that's the first thing that came to my mind when i saw these monsters.

24 minutes ago, Jedi said:

R/FE seems to think these things look like the Iblis creatures from Sonic 06 lmao.

WE NEED TO FIND THE IBLIS TRIGGER

But man, I can dig these wolverine dudes. Color coded to show us who the strong ones are. Well, I guess a health bar already lets you pick them out from the rabble. But this purple guy looks like he has two left arms. The red guys don't have a third arm.

Oh yeah, also something to note about this scenario: you only use one character. Rowan is the only character listed in the upper left corner of the screen. So whatever mode this is, you can only pick one character to use throughout. Huh.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, also something to note about this scenario: you only use one character. Rowan is the only character listed in the upper left corner of the screen. So whatever mode this is, you can only pick one character to use throughout. Huh.

Well basing this off Hyrule Warriors Legends, this could imply that just like that game, some maps will have limited characters (maybe even required characters) so Solo unit maps, then pair units, then maybe 3 units, and 4 units for large maps

1 hour ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Unless you're counting War Dragons and Morphs as monsters, Monsters are rare in Fire Emblem.

Onto the screen at hand, it looks like something Koei came up with, but it could be a redesign of a monster class like Cyclops.

On topic: Hmm, I wonder if this means maybe, since Awakening and Fates are in, Risen and/or Invaders will show up alongside their respective bad guy reps or in the alternate modes.

Off topic: That map seems weirdly...small, to me. Is it perhaps a colosseum mode map? It would fit that you could only use one character in it.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

I can see it.

3 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

On topic: Hmm, I wonder if this means maybe, since Awakening and Fates are in, Risen and/or Invaders will show up alongside their respective bad guy reps or in the alternate modes.

Maybe. The Risen would be easy enough to implement as a reskin of normal soldiers for the most part. Maybe just make them more durable and add revanants. 

Spoiler

Plus they were technically in two games since "Masks" are really just Risen.

Risen and Invaders would just be like regular soldiers, aside from the former's Revenants and Entombed.

Nice to see some non-human monsters will be in this game, though. I'd love if they drew from some of Gaiden/SOV's more interesting monster designs, but I don't know how strictly they're following the three-game rule for things besides playable characters.

7 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Risen and Invaders would just be like regular soldiers, aside from the former's Revenants and Entombed.

Nice to see some non-human monsters will be in this game, though. I'd love if they drew from some of Gaiden/SOV's more interesting monster designs, but I don't know how strictly they're following the three-game rule for things besides playable characters.

After fighting annoying hordes of gargoyles and those weird eye things, I'll pass on the Echoes monsters.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

After fighting annoying hordes of gargoyles and those weird eye things, I'll pass on the Echoes monsters.

*Summoner has appeared on the battlefield.*

*Summoner has summoned four-armed uglies!*

*Defeat Summoner before it summons more four-armed uglies!*

Two minutes later...

*Summoner has summoned four-armed uglies!*

*Defeat Summoner before it summons more four-armed uglies!*

Eight minutes later...

*Summoner can no longer summon four-armed uglies.*

*Summoner has left the battlefield.*

The monsters look rather strange for an FE. But a single still shot doesn't do them justice- once we get some footage I'm sure they'll look a little more normal.

3 hours ago, Tolvir said:

They kind of almost remind me of Elementals of some type, obviously red would be Fire Elementals or maybe even Earth. I highly doubt that is what they are, but it definitely reminds me of it.

Well the purple one is targetable and there is only one of them, while the reds are many (and smaller?). So red = peon, and purple = captain I think.