The cat thread!

Dragoncat

Just what it says! We have a thread for parents of human children, so I made one for those of us whose kids have four furry paws and meow. If someone wants to make a thread for dogs, go ahead, be my guest!

To join this thread, fill this out for your cat or cats:

Name
Gender (tom/male or queen/female?)
Appearance (fur and eye colors etc)
Favorite Toy
Picture (optional, you can add one later)

Here we can talk about our cats and give advice on cat ownership, swap stories etc.

My fuzzy roommate:

Name: Cheeto, aka "Cheeto Bandito"

Appearance: Orange tabby with golden brown eyes. Somewhat big and heavy. Deep pink nose and pawpads.

Favorite Toy: Plastic bottle caps

20170810_190333.jpg

Have fun!

Edited by Dragoncat

@Dragoncat I'm surprised its name is not Garfield. :D

Before I got my dog I was actually going to get a cat, but hindsight showed me what a disaster it would've been, since it would've vandalized my PC cables as well as pretty much everything else at home. :D My dog is pretty chill when it comes to that.

Unless something ends up inside what it considers its territory, that is. Then it'll tear stuff apart without any reserve whatsoever. :D

Edited by Skynstein

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, why can't it just be a general pets thread?

Idk lol. I guess I can edit it to include dogs if enough people want.

8 hours ago, Skynstein said:

@Dragoncat I'm surprised its name is not Garfield. :D

Before I got my dog I was actually going to get a cat, but hindsight showed me what a disaster it would've been, since it would've vandalized my PC cables as well as pretty much everything else at home. :D My dog is pretty chill when it comes to that.

Unless something ends up inside what it considers its territory, that is. Then it'll tear stuff apart without any reserve whatsoever. :D

Lol I didn't name him. He was a shelter kitty and I wasn't changing that perfect name.

He's destroyed cables before, but I later learned that he only did it because he was bored. Keep toys out and they won't. That's why you see his bottle caps all over in that picture.

Why are you calling your dog an it though? Has to be either he or she.

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Okay, fair enough. :P

But I'll just start with my cat for now. Also, is a female cat really called a queen? lol

Name: Lucky
Appearance: Mostly gray with faint stripes. His feet and chest are white. Eyes are green. Looks like he wears a gray tux! He's also missing the tip of his tail.
Favorite Toy: Any kind of string, really. And hairbands/ponytail holders. Definitely hairbands/ponytail holders.
Picture:

19442111_10212988135074996_5733679301555

This is the most recent pic I can find of him. It's from two months ago. I could've taken another one, but I don't feel like it. :P

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, fair enough. :P

But I'll just start with my cat for now. Also, is a female cat really called a queen? lol

Name: Lucky
Appearance: Mostly gray with faint stripes. His feet and chest are white. Eyes are green. Looks like he wears a gray tux! He's also missing the tip of his tail.
Favorite Toy: Any kind of string, really. And hairbands/ponytail holders. Definitely hairbands/ponytail holders.
Picture:

19442111_10212988135074996_5733679301555

This is the most recent pic I can find of him. It's from two months ago. I could've taken another one, but I don't feel like it. :P

maxresdefault.jpg

So cute ;-;

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

maxresdefault.jpg

So cute ;-;

He is kinda cute, huh? But he's also ANNOYING. There's a reason I prefer dogs to cats. xP Lucky's a pretty kitty though, even with his short tail.

@Anacybele Yeah, female cats are queens. The Warriors books only use that term for pregnant or nursing mother cats, females without kittens are called she cats. Males are still called toms no matter what.

Part of the reason I just made this for cats: what am I going to do with the gender terms for dogs? There's no special term for male dogs and females are bitches and that's also a rude thing to call somebody lol.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

@Anacybele Yeah, female cats are queens. The Warriors books only use that term for pregnant or nursing mother cats, females without kittens are called she cats. Males are still called toms no matter what.

Part of the reason I just made this for cats: what am I going to do with the gender terms for dogs? There's no special term for male dogs and females are bitches and that's also a rude thing to call somebody lol.

Huh, I see.

But I guess gender terms for dogs would just be left out then. :P

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Lol I didn't name him. He was a shelter kitty and I wasn't changing that perfect name.

He's destroyed cables before, but I later learned that he only did it because he was bored. Keep toys out and they won't. That's why you see his bottle caps all over in that picture.

Why are you calling your dog an it though? Has to be either he or she.

Oh I normally call "it" a he, haha. It's just people have called me out before for referring to him using person-specific pronouns. :D

But yeah, normally whenever I refer to him I just use he since it's how it is in my language as well.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He is kinda cute, huh? But he's also ANNOYING. There's a reason I prefer dogs to cats. xP Lucky's a pretty kitty though, even with his short tail.

Oh no I agree, I love dogs a lot more. Well big dogs mostly. Golden retrievers are my favorite breed. When I took care of my boss' pets, one of her cats kept trying to herd me like a sheep lol. Her other cat was a lot more timid and her dog was just a cutest/sweetest guy. :)

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Oh no I agree, I love dogs a lot more. Well big dogs mostly. Golden retrievers are my favorite breed. When I took care of my boss' pets, one of her cats kept trying to herd me like a sheep lol. Her other cat was a lot more timid and her dog was just a cutest/sweetest guy. :)

Same here, I mostly prefer big dogs. A beagle is as small as I'll go. Beagles are my favorite too, because they're so damn cute. I have a beagle and a beagle mix too!

56 minutes ago, Skynstein said:

Oh I normally call "it" a he, haha. It's just people have called me out before for referring to him using person-specific pronouns. :D

But yeah, normally whenever I refer to him I just use he since it's how it is in my language as well.

Why on earth would people do that? That's kinda mean. 

34 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Man I wish i could get a cat where I live, but cats are one of my most severe allergies.

Aww. My dad's allergic to cats too. Not severe, but enough that he sneezes and stuff around them.

16 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Aww. My dad's allergic to cats too. Not severe, but enough that he sneezes and stuff around them.

Yeah, for me it gets really hard to breath around them. Even just five minutes is too much for me.

my grandmother actually has 2 kittens, so it's a bit rough going there.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My dad is allergic to cats too. I don't know how bad it is for him, but I think it's bad enough to where he can't be around them.

I feel your dads pain. My older sister who lives on her own now has two cats, and it's like hell for me if I get anywhere close to them .

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

I feel your dads pain. My older sister who lives on her own now has two cats, and it's like hell for me if I get anywhere close to them .

Man, that stinks.

I'm glad I don't have any allergies like that. I mean, I don't care for cats, but if I was allergic to dogs... D:

Well I will list the stats of my cat, but I don't have any pictures.  I still can't figure out why she adopted me since I have always had dogs. Anyway here we go;

name; Cleo

gender; female

eye color; light green

fur; black

toy; old hay rope drug on the ground, she is a barn cat and so she plays with anything that moves

My cat is an outdoor cat for right now since my dog still doesn't like her after a year, but she is very happy and she loves to talk to me, we have long talks.