Who is the first romhacker that comes to mind?

Darrman

Topic title, really. Who would you associate with romhacking the most, whether it's a project creator, an influential assembly hacker, or just someone you see answering questions a lot. Myself, I got linked to an ASM hack made by Gryz around two years ago, which got me into the community. (He's no longer really active, but hey.)

23 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I think about Arch. Poor Arch, he's spent years pioneering FE romhacking and now it almost seems like he's getting left behind. Elibian Nights doesn't dominate the Fan Projects forum anymore...

Poor me, hahahah.

The truth is, I couldn't be happier with what our community has become. If it seems like I'm "getting left behind", it's by design. My goal was always to bring together the best and brightest and do whatever I could to bring out the best in them. All of these new pioneers are my friends, and I'm so proud of what my colleagues been able to accomplish in such a relatively short period of time.

1 minute ago, CT075 said:

arch is actually just secretly salty that he fell out of relevance when he missed the EN release deadline for the fifth time in a row

EN will return with a furious blitzengeance! :soon:

1 minute ago, Arch said:

Poor me, hahahah.

The truth is, I couldn't be happier with what our community has become. If it seems like I'm "getting left behind", it's by design. My goal was always to bring together the best and brightest and do whatever I could to bring out the best in them. All of these new pioneers are my friends, and I'm so proud of what my colleagues been able to accomplish in such a relatively short period of time.

Well I'm glad you feel that way! There's definitely no way we'd be as far along when it comes to fangame development if it weren't for your involvement, and you've doubtless sacrificed a lot of time and resources to get as far as you've come. Best of luck to you on your projects!

Wow I got the great Arch to reply to me I feel so awesome yeah!

3 hours ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

I was going to say Arch... but if I consider how popular Midnight Sun is... I'd say Alfred Kamon

Not anymore... Not anymore...

I've heard that Shin guy's pretty popular, really handsome too. Otherwise it's SoC(k) for the general FE community or Arch within the hacking community. 

13 hours ago, Shin said:

I've heard that Shin guy's pretty popular, really handsome too. Otherwise it's SoC(k) for the general FE community or Arch within the hacking community. 

Aww... I was just about to mention you and Lamia, then I remembered that I'm like one of a dozen (at best) people who cares about fe4 hacking.

On 8/10/2017 at 8:57 PM, Arch said:

Poor me, hahahah.

"We stand on the shoulders of giants".

People couldn't have done it without you, bud.