Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, having buffed stats for Celica is making this so easy, not even Lunatic 7 is stressful anymore. Don't have to resort to doing Hard 5 to preserve my sanity.

I'm running Celica / Masked Marth / Julia / Azura. Masked Marth is healer, and Julia has Breath of Life + BoL seal just in case.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So does anyone else feel like stat inflation has been reduced? My other units are getting doubles and ORKOs that they wouldn't have in the last Tempest.

Are you using your gods? Alm, Delthea and Sonya forgot what difficulty felt like.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Are you using your gods? Alm, Delthea and Sonya forgot what difficulty felt like.

I mentioned that I was talking about my other units. In the last few Tempests, my +2 Lucina would miss the OHKO on Lunatic 7 Niles and couldn't double, but in this one, my Masked Marth can double.

Just passed 10k (10,548) but now I need for sleep to claim me. I've been using a team of Alm/Delthea/Klein/Ninian and haven't been having any trouble aside from making occasional boneheaded mistakes. Sonya isn't even a threat since Klein can just shoot her down immediately, a very much welcome change compared to the last Tempest and all the shit that Celica gave me.

4 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Is it just mean or maps layout make speed runs pretty difficult? I can still kill enemy easily, but getting close to them take eternity...

I've seen a bit of that. Partially why I'm not doing Lunatic yet. Might give it a try later.

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Is it just mean or maps layout make speed runs pretty difficult? I can still kill enemy easily, but getting close to them take eternity...

It's a combination of a few things:

-Chapter 9 maps with their damn trees. Also that 9-5 map with a wall every other tile that makes it ideal for enemy mages and bad for melee units

-Latest Valentia maps and their defense tiles. 

-Also with the latest Valentia maps and their timed mission AI patterns. Enemies don't move until you get into range annoyingly enough.

Also those trees are annoying, especially when the enemy is an armour (looking at you Draug) so both you AND your opponent take edges to actually meet in battle.

Doing great with my team of Sonya, Alm, Tharja and Cordelia. Sonya can kill boss Sonya with Hone Attack buff, which is fun. Some maps are a little sluggish thanks to being the slow Valentia ones where AI doesn't usually move toward you.

58 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I stopped at about 6k points, after I got my 4* Clive. Fed him to Cherche for Hit and Run, no regrets.

Based on Echoes, I'm pretty sure Clive enjoys that sort of thing.

Got a perfect clear with Olivia, Nino, Rein and Berkut.

Sonya having vantage makes her quite the pain to deal with, since Nino can't one round her without a special and a speed boost, but if I try to chip Sonya, Nino gets killed before being able to kill Sonya. I managed to kill her this time by having Rein and Berkut damage her with their specials and then having Olivia finish things off, but that's not really a reliable strategy. Might have to try swapping Nino out for Tharja...

I really like the triple scoring thing though, makes it a bit less of a grind fest. To bad the only bonus hero I have is Berkut...

As annoying as the Chapter 9 forests are in slowing you down, at least we are spared yet again from the Nuibaba and Fear Mountain maps from the Celica chapter.

Yeah Vantage Sonya can be quite tricky to deal with especially if she is going to have a special up. Lose to that map and the closer she gets into Vantage range.

I suppose once you get that new Sacred Seal that won't be an issue

Edited by mcsilas

Tired so got to make this short.

Trials get easier and easier. Bonus units bomb the maps, maps are a bit more difficult but multipliers and bonus units make this overall easier. Sonya is the weakest boss yet. Bridelia oneshots her with or without skill proc. A/A runs are pretty easy, to the point I don't even feel the need to post a screen. At 6.7k from one stamina bar with no potion refills. Gonna be a relaxed trial but this is the perfect time to train Celica and Gray so I have to jump on getting them now now now. After one more pull from the Hero fest banner though.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

As annoying as the Chapter 9 forests are in slowing you down, at least we are spared yet again from the Nuibaba and Fear Mountain maps from the Celica chapter.

Yeah Vantage Sonya can be quite tricky to deal with especially if she is going to have a special up. Lose to that map and the closer she gets into Vantage range.

Praise Naga for delivering us from the horrors of these maps.

There’s a solution to Sonya’s Vantage: come up close and hit her with a sword.