Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

After doing Lunatic-7 for my two bonus runs, I've been doing Normal to start training up all my new 5*s. I'm not sure it's especially stamina-efficient, but it's a fun little twist on the mode.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am loving Infantery Pulse Team for Tempest Trial each round i start with charged up Specials on all units :D

My Sonya one shots Sonya with her Special :X

Albeit the inflated stats mess up the first few maps because suddenly Sonya has the 2. highest HP :/ until she drops below 41 HP

Edited by Hilda

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Avian male genitalia is internal.

I know their testicles are internal, but not their pubes. Chickens are practically covered in pubes.

3 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Oh the extra points for this trial are very good!!! it helps a lot when you don't have that much time to play. Also, the first Lunatic difficulty get a drop of difficulty? anyway, since I can't play a lot, I play only 5 fights to make it quickly, so the multplier is very good to advance faster, I like that. But I want to try the 7 fights too, gotta wait until saturday to try it.

The fights are super easy if you have any bonus units, especially the mages. The AI does not stand a chance even on Lunatic. Celica can almost solo the entire mode.

37 minutes ago, Armend said:

The lance version of Xander; pretty much same stat spread. =D

Yup, but with a worse weapon. Gonna try and get him lancebreaker and a cavalry buff! Great hp/def/atk. Might take over for Camus 

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

The fights are super easy if you have any bonus units, especially the mages. The AI does not stand a chance even on Lunatic. Celica can almost solo the entire mode.

The only bonus unit I have is Berkut, rip me

Damn IntSys didn't make Leon a bonus depict him being in Celica's team since near the start !!!

Does anyone else get the impression that enemy skill distribution is stacked in favor of giving them debuff skills? Because I've seen quite a lot of Seal skills, Threaten skills and Ploy skills in my first batch of runs.

1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

The only bonus unit I have is Berkut, rip me

Damn IntSys didn't make Leon a bonus depict him being in Celica's team since near the start !!!

If you have a spare Hector, Berkut becomes a bulkier, slower Camus due to the stat boost. If you can get him some pony friends, you can cheese your way through Lunatic.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you have a spare Hector, Berkut becomes a bulkier, slower Camus due to the stat boost. If you can get him some pony friends, you can cheese your way through Lunatic.

I have never summoned an Hector, my luck with green units have been: Nino, Cherche, Beruka,Cherche, Beruka,Cherche, Beruka,Cherche, Beruka, random Frederik, Cherche, Beruka,Cherche, Beruka, random Hawkeye,Cherche, Beruka,Cherche, Beruka

And for some reason now Camilla has been appeared in the last 3 green orbs I opened

Yeah haha. Oh but anyway, I can play the first Lunatic mode or Hard mode for the points, I just need to do 4,000 points per day and now is super easy with the x3 points every day

I've been using Sonya and she's very good. What's the view of her in the community? Put her on my team at level 16 and she reached 40 in no time, she can tank a few physical and red attacks and deals massive damage.

1 hour ago, Armend said:

Gotta love this continious autorun feature! My team of Alm and the magic F2P triangle: Camus, Xander & Ursula/Cecilia clear the 5 map Lunatic with ease.

I wouldn't trust the AI even if my life depended on it. It's far too aggressive for my taste. 

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I wouldn't trust the AI even if my life depended on it. It's far too aggressive for my taste. 

The AI operates according to a fixed set of rules, so you can manipulate how they behave based on assist skill choice, movement and weapon type, and, to a lesser extent, C-slot buff skills. (C-slot buff skills really only matter if you have rallies, since you can't buff people who are already buffed.)

It's fairly reliable at running the 5 map Lunatic for me, so I've just been autoing for 450-500 points rather than manually running for ~700. (I did run the x3 point runs manually, but we'll see whether I care enough to keep that up.)

7 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The AI operates according to a fixed set of rules, so you can manipulate how they behave based on assist skill choice, movement and weapon type, and, to a lesser extent, C-slot buff skills. (C-slot buff skills really only matter if you have rallies, since you can't buff people who are already buffed.)

It's fairly reliable at running the 5 map Lunatic for me, so I've just been autoing for 450-500 points rather than manually running for ~700. (I did run the x3 point runs manually, but we'll see whether I care enough to keep that up.)

Not interested. Too aggressive for me. A game's purpose is to play it. Having it play itself breaks that immersion and it feels lazy; basically, whatever prize earned through auto-battle doesn't really feel "earned". 

37 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I've been using Sonya and she's very good. What's the view of her in the community? Put her on my team at level 16 and she reached 40 in no time, she can tank a few physical and red attacks and deals massive damage.

She's a great magical tank. Just put green tome breaker on her and she can tank and counterkill most green and blue mages. I put Iceberg on her as a special so she can kill pretty much anything after tanking a green mage. Offensively she and her magical Wo Dao ate outclassed by Nino and her Gronnblade. Sonya fills a similar niche to Julia as a res tank, countering both Cecila and Rheinhardt as well as S!Camilla and NS!Corrin. Her main advantages are her okayish speed and her tome which allows her to oneshot her foes after tanking is done.

The community generally seems to dislike defensive character and focuses too much on offense in my opinion. Sonya is a great Unit in the metagame dealing with both horse and flier emblem. If you like her i'd definitely advise you to invest into her.

5 minutes ago, Nathair said:

She's a great magical tank. Just put green tome breaker on her and she can tank and counterkill most green and blue mages. I put Iceberg on her as a special so she can kill pretty much anything after tanking a green mage. Offensively she and her magical Wo Dao ate outclassed by Nino and her Gronnblade. Sonya fills a similar niche to Julia as a res tank, countering both Cecila and Rheinhardt as well as S!Camilla and NS!Corrin. Her main advantages are her okayish speed and her tome which allows her to oneshot her foes after tanking is done.

The community generally seems to dislike defensive character and focuses too much on offense in my opinion. Sonya is a great Unit in the metagame dealing with both horse and flier emblem. If you like her i'd definitely advise you to invest into her.

Interesting, then I guess it's not so bad that I didn't get Julia from the Hero Fest banner. My first impression of Sonya was definitely that she's very good without needing much investment. 

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Interesting, then I guess it's not so bad that I didn't get Julia from the Hero Fest banner. My first impression of Sonya was definitely that she's very good without needing much investment. 

Julia has a tiny bit more attack and, thanks to her tome, 2 points more of Resistance when attacked. Sonya has 5 points more speed though. With a hone speed Sonya can double some slower units.

As for her build she'd want Fury and Green Tome Breaker as well as Iceberg. Triangle Adept is also an option. I personally prefer Fury cause Triangle Adept negates her oneshot potential with iceberg against reds. 26 additional damage (with Fury and +1 Res Sacred Seal) is nothing to shrug of.

Well so far the recent changes have definitely made my Tempest Trials better. (In the sense that I can actually feel my progress.)

My bonus unit is Gray, so those horsies beware! The rest of my team is "Marth" and Bridal!Caeda who I stuck Renewal on. (Caeda has Blarraven and T.Adept as well.) and also Azura to cover my dancing and lack of positioning skills.

So far I've had 4 Lunatic runs and I've only gone to a 2nd team once. (Which is better than my usual teams.)

I'm hoping the next Tempest Trials is Archanea with actual Marth (Only because I've got one ready.) Though I know realistically it's probably gonna be either Hoshido Fates or Nohrian Fates (Because we all know they are probably gonna split that between two trials like SoV.)

I just passed 20k not too long ago (still sticking with the team of Alm/Delthea/Ninian/Klein) and so the Atk Ploy seal is now mine. It immediately got thrown on Delthea (+Res) who can very easily make use of it with the 38 Res she has after the bonus unit bonuses not that she isn't already raining hell on all who oppose her but I digress. I am aiming to stamina pot spam my way to at least 40k by the end of the day. After that, I'll start switching my team up and give my other units a nice share of all the SP and HMs that comes with the TTs.

The stat boost from TT this time around takes Alm's balanced but mediocre stats and turn him into a monster.  He's got the Almsgiving build, but I'm finding out he can run over people just fine. This is a +Def -Res base. 

image1.PNG

2 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Sonya is an awesome green mage, and the stat and hp buffs from the tempest trial make her nearly unstoppable for me! 

45 minutes ago, Eridras said:

The stat boost from TT this time around takes Alm's balanced but mediocre stats and turn him into a monster.  He's got the Almsgiving build, but I'm finding out he can run over people just fine. This is a +Def -Res base. 

image1.PNG

That's like, super ridiculous! My Alm is +Spd though so he gets like, 40 speed at base in TT.

Why did you choose to take Ardent over Reciprocaid though?

Edited by Astolfo!

57 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

That's like, super ridiculous! My Alm is +Spd though so he gets like, 40 speed at base in TT.

Why did you choose to take Ardent over Reciprocaid though?

I prefer the healing to be more controlled.  I also like being able to top off people towards the end of a round so he can regenerate another 20hp at the start of the next one to heal more.  There's also the fact that I have pulled about a thousand Florinas. 

I got a nice start for Tempest this time.  I managed two A/A runs in a row on the highest difficulty for my two bonus runs.

I used the double everything the power train my Gray, going from 1 to 40 today.  Getting 24 SP per kill is very nice.  Gray learned all his default skills with almost 2000 SP leftover if I ever want to build him into an actual unit I'd use.

My main team is very close to my last Tempest team, just switching out Boey for Sonya.  In addition to her default skills, I gave her G Tomebreaker and Draw Back.

The rest of my team is Alm, Reinhardt, Azura.

It looks like Sonya is the final boss this time, which seems a bit odd, since she's largely irrelevant to the plot, unlike the last two bosses.

Am I imagining things, or did they increase the pool of maps for this Tempest?  It seems like it's not the same 7 maps every time, unlike the last two Tempests.  That should spice things up a bit.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I know their testicles are internal, but not their pubes. Chickens are practically covered in pubes.

Ducks have corkscrew penises.

I've started with just the lowest enemies so far to get to know the maps and such. Score is 1,039. I started late though, because I'm having problems getting apps on my phone to get internet now for some reason. I've not found a solution for this. And I was grinding some SP for Reinhardt to get Death Blow 2 as well.

I'm glad lower level enemies were included this time, it helps see what maps and types of enemies are being used without giving you a big challenge right away.

Also glad Alm is still a bonus unit. Otherwise I wouldn't have one. xP