Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I think I've seen 9-4 before. I haven't seen 11-3, though.

EDIT: Do any of the maps with defensive conditions appear?

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen 10-1, 10-3, or 10-4 in the tower. So yeah, defense/reinforcement maps are probably out.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

*Wheezes* Just a bit more to go before I meet my admittedly arbitrary goal of 50k. I'm now sitting at 40,035 (good enough for the top 100, #96 to be exact) and have a newfound Hearty Bearing.

good god, man. thought it was time to take it easy now that they have the bonus points for the first runs of the day. you aimin' to stay in the top 100?

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow, what is wrong with you? How many stamina potions have you used?

What's wrong with me? I'm not entirely sure you want to go down that rabbit hole friend. You may never get back out. I haven't been keeping track but I'm pretty sure it's at least been eight so far. I've still got 72 left and that's not accounting for like the 20 more pots that we'll get total from the daily Tempest quests.

8 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

good god, man. thought it was time to take it easy now that they have the bonus points for the first runs of the day. you aimin' to stay in the top 100?

Oh lord no, I'm not that insane. The top 1K will be good enough for me.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

You mean Hit and Run fodder?

I'll probably just get the 5* version and then see if I can use him. I heard that Camus is still better despite the Tempest boosts

He'd still give you a 20% boost to your score, and he's at least usable with the stat buffs.

I plan on using him and 5* him. He's currently training alongside 2 Summer Corrins I just got. I like him more than Camus already.

Edited by Lord-Zero

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I suppose. I don't really want to train up the 4* one just for this event, since I need all the 5*'s I can get

With the boosts and even just swordbreaker my 4* is doing enough to contribute, though I did need to build my (non-horse) team around him. Granted he's no replacement for Nowi, who I would be using if I didn't want the bonus multiplier... or pulled a Celica.  

I get to try out my newly built Sophia as well as Minerva so it's been fun so far even though they aren't the most efficient. The maps are fairly cooperative this time which helps. 
Except for 9-1 and 9-2. Those can go south quickly.  

Just now, Apples said:

With the boosts and even just swordbreaker my 4* is doing enough to contribute, though I did need to build my (non-horse) team around him. Granted he's no replacement for Nowi, who I would be using if I didn't want the bonus multiplier... or pulled a Celica.  

I get to try out my newly built Sophia as well as Minerva so it's been fun so far even though they aren't the most efficient. The maps are fairly cooperative this time which helps. 
Except for 9-1 and 9-2. Those can go south quickly.  

Dang. I don't have Swordbreaker fodder D: I'll see what I can do... I really want Celica! My only Red Mage is Katarina. She's good, as she is +Spd -Atk with Blade and is getting Desperation soon, but... I need bonus points!

I want Commander Minerva! At least I have Michalis as a substitute, though their roles are a bit different :P My Michalis kills almost all melee units, even some reds, with Close Defense 3 and QR2. It makes 9-2 a lot easier when I have Nowi and Michalis to kill melee units on that stage

9-5 is awful though

I've had Michalis take out a Stahl in 1v1 on Sonya's map.

I'm going to have to replace it eventually, but Blazing Thunder is really fun for letting him deal massive damage to reds despite the weapon triangle.

As for progress, I hit 6k for 4* Clive recently, which is nice even though I don't plan on using him. Wonder if one of my fliers would enjoy his Hit and Run.

Edited by Othin

12 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, I just got a bit over 20k points and got the Atk Ploy 1 seal. That wraps it up for day 1. 

5* Clive will have to wait until tomorrow. 

You guys are way ahead of me.

I'm only at 8578 today.  I noticed they added more reward tiers, so you don't have to slog through 10K points to get your next prize.

I went ahead and replaced Alm with Celica for a run.  It leaves me without a Healer, but I've had Celica sitting on my bench without enough SP to SI properly, and this is a good a time as any to get her up to speed, since Leo's my only real Red Mage, and he needs Cavalry support to really do much.

My plan is to play the two bonus rounds on Lunatic-7 myself, then I'll auto-battle the rest.  I noticed that the Hard-5 set is only level 30 now instead of 35 like before.  My first team can usually get through to the end (auto-battle) on Hard-5 no problem now without switching to another team.  

I think the AI has been updated... I dunno, something has changed.  I've been watching a few of my auto-battle runs, and the AI is being smarter than before.  It still rushes more than I would, but it stays out of the enemy range sometimes.  Also, it doesn't spam reciprocal aid anymore.  I saw it use it only a few times.

Current Tempest Team: Celica, Azura, Laslow, and Reinhardt.  I'll switch them when they max their hero merit.

Like, I keep seeing all these people doing auto battle and stuff. Doesn't that like, take the fun out of the whole game? Seriously, I'd much rather kill everyone with Nino myself than, like, watch anyone else do it! But.... to each their own I guess~

Finishing it at 13k for today

And......I've now made it to 50k (50,610, good for #44), so now I'll finally start kicking back and taking it easy. This is what happens when you have far more free time than any one person should ever have. Well, that combined with being a social recluse.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

And......I've now made it to 50k (50,610, good for #44), so now I'll finally start kicking back and taking it easy. This is what happens when you have far more free time than any one person should ever have. Well, that combined with being a social recluse.

I relate to this on a spiritual level. lol I'd probably be pretty close to this if I hadn't spent most of yesterday just training my bonus units. No shame in being a social recluse on the weekend. Or just in general. 

24 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Like, I keep seeing all these people doing auto battle and stuff. Doesn't that like, take the fun out of the whole game? Seriously, I'd much rather kill everyone with Nino myself than, like, watch anyone else do it! But.... to each their own I guess~

It helps relieve the grind. For example, I do auto battle in Arena Assault to grind for items.

31 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I relate to this on a spiritual level. lol I'd probably be pretty close to this if I hadn't spent most of yesterday just training my bonus units. No shame in being a social recluse on the weekend. Or just in general. 

Heh, thanks. I don't hate the fact that I choose to be a social recluse. I just kinda like making jokes at my own expense.

1 hour ago, Astolfo! said:

I enjoy pretty much everything else about the game, but after doing the first Tempest Trials, I got really bored of the grind.  I was slacking off on the second one at first because I didn't want to do it, but then I discovered auto-battle.  Now I can set it to do that, get all the rewards, and crochet at the same time!  ;):  I don't really use auto-battle for anything else.  The trials are just too repetitive for my liking, but the rewards and hero merit are sweeeet.