Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

So crazy that if you get a top 1000 rank score, you're coming out of it with a little over 20000 feathers. In previous tempest trials, we got about 3500 feathers, plus a rank reward. In this trial, you score 10750, not counting what you get for getting the repeat seal, and not counting your rank reward. 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I decided to try the second lunatic maps, but they're WAY too fucking hard. The first lunatic maps are pretty easy, but these? I can't beat them. The enemies one-round my units easily, even though mine are 5 star and lv. 40 and SI'd and all. That's just not fair. I get that they're supposed to be the hardest, but they shouldn't be THAT much harder than the other lunatic maps.

I guess I'm not coming out of this with a good score unless I use a lot of stamina potions or something. Which I don't really want to do. Bullshit maps....

Maybe it's matter of approach. My regular TT team also got some beating, so now I am running flyer team instead with much better results.

Also pls stop with this "unfair" considering how many F2P people can do it just fine, I really don't think problem is in the maps. I myself have quite trouble with GHB sometimes and I had miss one or two infernals, but rather than blame mechanics, it's better tweak units performance and team composition to get it right next time. It's same with TT.

Edited by Tenzen12

2 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Maybe it's matter of approach. My regular TT team also got some beating, so now I am running flyer team instead with much better results.

Also pls stop with this "unfair" considering how many F2P people can do it just fine, I really don't think problem is in the maps. I myself have quite trouble with GHB sometimes and I had miss one or two infernals, but rather than blame mechanics, it's better tweak units performance and team composition to get it right next time. It's same with TT.

Could be, I had a couple unfair matchups (like three blues vs my team having two reds).

But it feels wrong to have one lunatic set of maps be so easy and the other feel impossible. Regardless of your team composition.

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I decided to try the second lunatic maps, but they're WAY too fucking hard. The first lunatic maps are pretty easy, but these? I can't beat them. The enemies one-round my units easily, even though mine are 5 star and lv. 40 and SI'd and all. That's just not fair. I get that they're supposed to be the hardest, but they shouldn't be THAT much harder than the other lunatic maps.

I guess I'm not coming out of this with a good score unless I use a lot of stamina potions or something. Which I don't really want to do. Bullshit maps....

What units are you using? Bonus allies get nice stat boosts that can make their boons/banes irrelevant. It also helps to do damage calculations and having repositioning skills as well as a method of healing.

Overall, this TT is even easier than the previous TTs even though my main team choked a few times in 7-Lunatic runs. And I'm using Gray (a -Atk one at that!), who's basically seen as that one unit that ruins many players' pity rates when they're trying to summon Celica.

My team comp: 1 colorless (Bride Lyn), 2 reds (Olivia and Gray), 1 blue (Reinhardt)

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

What units are you using? Bonus allies get nice stat boosts that can make their boons/banes irrelevant. It also helps to do damage calculations and having repositioning skills as well as a method of healing.

Overall, this TT is even easier than the previous TTs even though my main team choked a few times in 7-Lunatic runs. And I'm using Gray (a -Atk one at that!), who's basically seen as that one unit that ruins many players' pity rates when they're trying to summon Celica.

My team comp: 1 colorless (Bride Lyn), 2 reds (Olivia and Gray), 1 blue (Reinhardt)

Of course I'm using a bonus unit (Alm, the only one I have besides my new 4 star Clive). And I'm using Repositioning skills too.

I can't do calculations. I just don't understand them well. I should probably look at enemy skills more often though.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course I'm using a bonus unit (Alm, the only one I have besides my new 4 star Clive). And I'm using Repositioning skills too.

I can't do calculations. I just don't understand them well. I should probably look at enemy skills more often though.

Honestly, you could probably really REALLY cheese the Lunatic maps with Reinhardt, two dancers, and Alm as your bonus unit. My team has been Celica, Nino (switched to Sonya on occasion), Olivia (formly Azura), and Reinhardt, but most of the time Reinhardt does all the heavy lifting. He can take care of every red and blue (though he needs lancebreaker for high res units) and even some greens. Celica handles what he can't handle (or in your case--Alm), and Sonya is there for repositioning/backup. I don't run two dancers because I can make due with excessive draw back/reposition and the one dancer.

At around 21k. Going a lot slower and also busier than I was the first 2 trials. This time last trial I was around 40k and I'm still going at a nice pace. Also Arena assault is sapping time away as well. 

It's kinda boring at this point already. I'll mix things up once Delthea/Nino/Bridelia/Olivia hit 3000 HM.

21 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Honestly, you could probably really REALLY cheese the Lunatic maps with Reinhardt, two dancers, and Alm as your bonus unit. My team has been Celica, Nino (switched to Sonya on occasion), Olivia (formly Azura), and Reinhardt, but most of the time Reinhardt does all the heavy lifting. He can take care of every red and blue (though he needs lancebreaker for high res units) and even some greens. Celica handles what he can't handle (or in your case--Alm), and Sonya is there for repositioning/backup. I don't run two dancers because I can make due with excessive draw back/reposition and the one dancer.

Maybe. I was able to do a lunatic map elsewhere with Klein and Nino + two dancers. So Reinhardt and two dancers might work too.

That feeling when Berkut has more in-battle Res than +Res Linde..

Not to mention Spur Res support from Tharja and Fortify Res from Linde adding on to the Berkut's lance boost.

as for tips for Lunatic 7, it really helps to always look at skills, especially watching out for Wings of Mercy/Escape Route and breakers. Had a few healers with blue tomebreaker for example, which added turn counts.

dancers are definitely needed for faster turn counts but also to fix positioning mistakes you kay have. 7 maps can drain your brain power, at least this wasn't as hard or draining as the Awakening lunatic (also not sure if stat inflation isn't as high now)

also i just added Renewal to Lucina and wow, even Renewal 2 adds so much difference to her healbot use. i imagine Alm would survive a lot more thanks to bonus unit stat boost. Healing 20 HP at the start of each map is really good, use the Falchion healers a lot (if the battle is about to end, use that turn to heal someone since Alm will heal 20 Hp next map anyway)

another tip is having -breaker skills. It really helps with the stat inflation. Swordbreaker Klein and Lancebreaker Delthea kills things fast with the breaker skills.

make sure you have at least 1 melee unit (especially for Sonya and her Vantage) and a magical unit. Bow units are also nice to delete fliers fast and it helps when you are facing people like Felicia/Niles who stops mages in their tracks (although melee attackers are effective for them too)

The Stat Bonuses are nice, but they almost make it a bit too easy.  I've failed to get A/A rank only a couple times.  Surprisingly, Felicia gives my team the most trouble when I see her, since I run 3 mages plus a dancer.

I did something dumb and got the rest of my team killed except Celica

and then Celica soloed the next map

those bonuses are bork

anyway WingsLivia, Ninian, Nino, and Celica makes a great team

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Jesus, Sonya is so tanky. I had my +2 +Atk Celica attack at full health, proccing Draconic Aura, and with a Hone Atk on her, but Sonya still survived with 3 HP.

I gave mine G Tomebreaker just for the last map.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Jesus, Sonya is so tanky. I had my +2 +Atk Celica attack at full health, proccing Draconic Aura, and with a Hone Atk on her, but Sonya still survived with 3 HP.

It's pretty surprising. My +Atk Klein Death Blow can't OHKO her without a Hone Attack boost.

that said Tharja handles her no problem if she gets enough buffs and Desperation

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What A skill does she have? My Celica's +SPD and not +ATK, but she can usually take out Sonya without much problem. Then again, she also has LaD, but as long as she has at least 30 HP, she can survive a hit and take her down.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

What A skill does she have? My Celica's +SPD and not +ATK, but she can usually take out Sonya without much problem. Then again, she also has LaD, but as long as she has at least 30 HP, she can survive a hit and take her down.

Still Distant Def lol. Still waiting for a Katarina so I can get Swift Sparrow.