Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally stick to Lunatic 5 cause I know thats the highest I can go with a perfect score. The only time I do 7 is with one of the daily bonuses

Gray, Camus, and Jeorge more or less tackle everything that comes their way, so long as there's a healer around for support.

Right now, I'm around 21k for a score tho

Daily bonuses now put me at over 12,000! 12,239 to be exact. This is starting to feel like a bit of a chore though... I would still like that 5 star Clive, but yeah.

16 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I feel you.  A -Atk 5* Clair is one of the many jerks who ruined my pity rate on the Nohrian Summer banner. :-_-:  

*commiserates*

23 hours ago, Astolfo! said:

There there honey, I pulled a Clair from the Summer banner when looking for Corrin and it like, tooootally ruined my percentage! But, what are you gonna do? Like, complain to Nintendo or something? 

My Clair was +Atk though

+att Clair sounds at least useable?

Urgh, I'm kind of disgusted enough with the whole "only exclusive 5* units are bonus for tempest! Also Berkut!" thing to actually complain to Nintendo actually. Getting no luck with pulls compounds it; but I feel it's a serious dick moves from them; and a break from their handling of bonus units in arena and other stuff in the games.

And it's sucking a lot of enjoyment out of the game for me; from even making those pulls in the first place because i feel like I'm forced to my the game.

(And yeah I'm using Berkut in tempest rn; and I'm still feel like i'm getting screwed up)

On 12/08/2017 at 3:18 PM, Vaximillian said:

My last pull on the tempest banner gave me a three-star −Atk Lon’qu.
We’re in the same boat, I say.

... it's kind of... not exactly the same feel? super disappointing 5* are in a league of their own, which is different from yet another crappy 3* (and Lon'qu's good fodder, so it's not like it was a Raigh or a Beruka) and I hadn't gotten one this crappy since I pulled a -Speed Jakob (who mind, I do manage to put to work in his own way).

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Daily bonuses now put me at over 12,000! 12,239 to be exact. This is starting to feel like a bit of a chore though... I would still like that 5 star Clive, but yeah.

Doing the dailies should net you the 5* Clive. Doing an entire stamina bar should get him no problem on Hard 5. You're fine, just in it for the long haul.

It's me I'm more worried about- I'm considering skipping next SP weekend for more Tempest runs. My calculator says that, if I want to achieve my goal of all the rewards, I need to give it my all for the remaining days.

Edited by phineas81707

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Doing the dailies should net you the 5* Clive. Doing an entire stamina bar should get him no problem on Hard 5. You're fine, just in it for the long haul.

It's me I'm more worried about- I'm considering skipping next Stamina weekend for more Tempest runs. My calculator says that, if I want to achieve my goal of all the rewards, I need to give it my all for the remaining days.

I can do lunatic 5 easy though, even with just one team, so I've been doing that one lots. It's lunatic 7 I can't beat even with four teams... >_<

But yeah, so long as I keep going, I'll get him eventually. Five more orbs are coming up before him too!

4 minutes ago, salinea said:

... it's kind of... not exactly the same feel? super disappointing 5* are in a league of their own, which is different from yet another crappy 3* (and Lon'qu's good fodder, so it's not like it was a Raigh or a Beruka) and I hadn't gotten one this crappy since I pulled a -Speed Jakob (who mind, I do manage to put to work in his own way).

Today I pulled my 10th Lon’qu and a Raigh nobody counted. 7 Lon’qus sitting in my box being useless.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I can do lunatic 5 easy though, even with just one team, so I've been doing that one lots. It's lunatic 7 I can't beat even with four teams... >_<

But yeah, so long as I keep going, I'll get him eventually. Five more orbs are coming up before him too!

I tried Lunatic 7 once and came to the same conclusion. I'm letting my mages and Alm run wild on Lunatic 5, but not bothering with 7.

I fed my calculator the parameters Lunatic 5, A Speed, B Survival and a 20% bonus Hero (correct me if these aren't the right ones). I think the results it gave say just doing the three daily runs for the quests will put you on pace for Hardy Bearing.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Today I pulled my 10th Lon’qu and a Raigh nobody counted. 7 Lon’qus sitting in my box being useless.

Sometimes it feels like the game gives us stalkers.

Mine is Jaegan. He luuuuves me. He keeps showing up when I don't want him, including that one time as a 5*. I mean, at least he's useful fodder but man, go away Jaegan. I don't want you. Shoo! I'm calling the cops the next time!

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I tried Lunatic 7 once and came to the same conclusion. I'm letting my mages and Alm run wild on Lunatic 5, but not bothering with 7.

Same here, basically, except replace mages with Nino, Azura, and Klein. :P

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Same here, basically, except replace mages with Nino, Azura, and Klein. :P

"My mages are +10. They should totally be able to handle it!"

(Ignore the fact they're all mostly vanilla...)

Just now, phineas81707 said:

"My mages are +10. They should totally be able to handle it!"

(Ignore the fact they're all mostly vanilla...)

Oh man. xP

Well, I'm over 13,000 now, but time for a break. Next time, 14,000! And two more orbs!

11 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

On maps 2-5, yes.  Not on 1, though.  

Strange, I wonder why it's that way ...

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

I generally stick to Lunatic 5 cause I know thats the highest I can go with a perfect score. The only time I do 7 is with one of the daily bonuses

[...]

But even with 2-3 teams you should gain more points from the 7 map runs than from perfect 5 map runs (for the same 20 stamina). I use lunatic 5 for SP grinding my weaker units. 

29 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

What's a good A skill for Gray for Tempest? Been using Fury 3, but the passive damage makes it a lot harder for him to tank hits.

Life and Death is really, really good. Stat inflation helps offset the drop in Defense and Resistance. You can also go with Swift Sparrow for nearly the same offensive power while still remaining bulky, although the skill is hard to come by.

If you want something cheap, Death Blow and Darting Blow are okay.

21 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Are you talking about the fact it's almost Kindergarten Mode.

I'm talking about the fact that it's not a boring, tedious, incredibly time-consuming slog anymore. I don't care if it's easy, I only have so much time in a day to devote to this game.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@Astolfo! & @Korath88: I hatemildly dislike you both.

Love you too ?

4 hours ago, salinea said:

+att Clair sounds at least useable?

I'm gonna like, hook her up with Fire sweep lance and Life and death. She'll get a toooon of speed and she can retreat with Hit and run too. It's soooo nasty!

29 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

I'm talking about the fact that it's not a boring, tedious, incredibly time-consuming slog anymore. I don't care if it's easy, I only have so much time in a day to devote to this game.

Well to me, it was never really that, like, "boring". I enjoy the challenge a lot! I know some people like, don't have time, but even if you can't finish a run now, the game always picks up where you left off anyway~

Just got Clive and power grinding him on Tempest.  It would have been nice if I had gotten him yesterday, but 12 SP per kill will have to do.  If only he actually had decent skills.

I might as well give him Swap, since I've got about a dozen Arthurs clogging my bench.

I noticed noteworthy difference for galeforce users between TT and Chain challenge: When in CC with the last hit the last enemy was killed and in the same time galeforce was triggered, it was wasted, because the counter went to 5 again on the next map. In TT in the same situation galeforce stays ready also in the next map. I don't know how it was in TT1 & TT2, because I promoted my Cordelia only recently. 

4 hours ago, Reloaded said:

What's a good A skill for Gray for Tempest? Been using Fury 3, but the passive damage makes it a lot harder for him to tank hits.

I used Speed +3. He hits 39 Spd with neutral Speed after only Tempest Trials buffs. Something quick and cheap.

Otherwise, you could have Gray keep his default Wind Boost 3 since his neutral max HP hits 53 after Tempest Trials buffs - can be boosted to 56 with the HP +3 seal. Just make sure to have a healing method ready to keep his HP high.

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I noticed noteworthy difference for galeforce users between TT and Chain challenge: When in CC with the last hit the last enemy was killed and in the same time galeforce was triggered, it was wasted, because the counter went to 5 again on the next map. In TT in the same situation galeforce stays ready also in the next map. I don't know how it was in TT1 & TT2, because I promoted my Cordelia only recently. 

In TT2 I used Cordelia a lot as she was my best Celica killer, GF was wasted if triggered on the last blow.

18 minutes ago, salinea said:

In TT2 I used Cordelia a lot as she was my best Celica killer, GF was wasted if triggered on the last blow.

Somehow they changed also something else, which will have effect to single map game modes: If the killed enemy is not the last one on the map and the trigger goes to zero with the last attack, galeforce will not be triggered, but galeforce special will be active for the next round. 

Edited by mampfoid