Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

18 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I decided to try the second lunatic maps, but they're WAY too fucking hard. The first lunatic maps are pretty easy, but these? I can't beat them. The enemies one-round my units easily, even though mine are 5 star and lv. 40 and SI'd and all. That's just not fair. I get that they're supposed to be the hardest, but they shouldn't be THAT much harder than the other lunatic maps.

I guess I'm not coming out of this with a good score unless I use a lot of stamina potions or something. Which I don't really want to do. Bullshit maps....

I am not sure where this is comeing from. But my 5 star lvl 40 units have no problem handling the units in TT. Ryoma Ninian and Azama are non merged 5 Star units only Sonya is +5 5 Star Unit. It gets a bit hairy against same color units but as long as you take advantage of the Weapon Triangle there is really no problem on handling them with a Healer in the backpack. But then again they all run Infantery pulse and all Units have their Special Skill Ready on the next Map so that might contribute to killing fast/one shoting.

I have switched now to Sonya Delthea Alm and Ninian and the bonus lets you kill units on Lunatic easy, the only infantery pulse unit here is Ninian. Alm is basicly a Healer and goes in when there is need while Sonya and Delthea do the heavy lifting. Also my Delthea still runs Arkanum so she is perfect bate.

Edited by Hilda

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I am not sure where this is comeing from. But my 5 star lvl 40 units have no problem handling the units in TT. Ryoma Ninian and Azama are non merged 5 Star units only Sonya is +5 5 Star Unit. It gets a bit hairy against same color units but as long as you take advantage of the Weapon Triangle there is really no problem on handling them with a Healer in the backpack. But then again they all run Infantery pulse and all Units have their Special Skill Ready on the next Map so that might contribute to killing fast/one shoting.

Are you doing the lunatic 7 map level though? I have no problem with the other difficulty maps. Only these are really hard for me. xP

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Are you doing the lunatic 7 map level though? I have no problem with the other difficulty maps. Only these are really hard for me. xP

Yes, and i Edited my post above. It got a bit easier when swaping out my Azama and Ryoma for Alm and Delthea.

My 5* Clive is all leveled up to 40 now.  I gave him Swap and Fortify Cavalry in addition to his default +Def skills.  I didn't give him Hit and Run, because I'm not a real fan of those attack moving skills.

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Somehow they changed also something else, which will have effect to single map game modes: If the killed enemy is not the last one on the map and the trigger goes to zero with the last attack, galeforce will not be triggered, but galeforce special will be active for the next round. 

I'm not sure i understand??

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Yes, and i Edited my post above. It got a bit easier when swaping out my Azama and Ryoma for Alm and Delthea.

Well, you must be more skilled than I am at the game or something. I don't have the same units though.

1 minute ago, salinea said:

I'm not sure i understand??

Ok before it was like this: the counter was on 1, Cordelia hits the enemy, counter goes to 0, galeforce activates and Cordelia would have another move directly after that in the same round. Now you hit the enemy, counter goes to zero, but galeforce doesn't activate in the same round. Cordelia will go with an active special to the next round. 

In other words: Cordelia can only use galeforce if it's active before she attacks the enemy. 

I think that's an odd change ... 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, you must be more skilled than I am at the game or something. I don't have the same units though.

Do you have any of the Bonus units, even the 20%ers?  Even Clive and Berkut are good, since the stat buffs affect them, and you can do horse buffs on top of that.  I had Hone Cavalry for Clive and he obliterated pretty much everything on anything below the highest difficulty.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok before it was like this: the counter was on 1, Cordelia hits the enemy, counter goes to 0, galeforce activates and Cordelia would have another move directly after that in the same round. Now you hit the enemy, counter goes to zero, but galeforce doesn't activate in the same round. Cordelia will go with an active special to the next round. 

In other words: Cordelia can only use galeforce if it's active before she attacks the enemy. 

... isn't that how it always worked?

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Uh, are you sure? I'm not having this happen at all. Galeforce is working on her the same as it always has.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My 5* Clive is all leveled up to 40 now.  I gave him Swap and Fortify Cavalry in addition to his default +Def skills.  I didn't give him Hit and Run, because I'm not a real fan of those attack moving skills.

I'm doing the same to mine (though Draw Back over Swap since I'm being dogpiled by 3* Sullys from hunting for S Corrin..) plus gave him Bonfire. I don't know what I'll give for a B skill yet, since Hit and Run really doesn't seem to fit him.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do you have any of the Bonus units, even the 20%ers?  Even Clive and Berkut are good, since the stat buffs affect them, and you can do horse buffs on top of that.  I had Hone Cavalry for Clive and he obliterated pretty much everything on anything below the highest difficulty.

Yeah, I've been using Alm the whole time.

11 minutes ago, salinea said:

... isn't that how it always worked?

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Uh, are you sure? I'm not having this happen at all. Galeforce is working on her the same as it always has.

[...]

I tried that again and it works like always. Sorry for the confusion and my lack of skill in describing the situation. 

(What remains is the change in the behavior in taking active galeforce to the next map)

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I tried that again and it works like always. Sorry for the confusion and my lack of skill in describing the situation. 

(What remains is the change in the behavior in taking active galeforce to the next map)

could the confusion be about Cordelia needing to initiate the attack for galeforce to trigger?

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I've taken Galeforce into the next map on all the TTs and in CC. She retains a charged Galeforce if she gets it charged by taking a hit on enemy phase, and can go into the next map with it ready. If she kills the last unit on the map and it activates Galeforce, it still activates and gets wasted as it always has, and is completely uncharged at the start of the next round. I don't think there's any Galeforce changes at all.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I've been using Alm the whole time.

Well Alm isnt exactly the strongest of those 4 units. Lack of Range and Speed kinda hurt him a bit. I basicly use him only as a Reciprocal Aid Battery with his Falchion and B-Passiv Regen (He is my Healer now lol). He mostly kills Sonya in the last Battle thats it.

Berkut will do much better due to his Range as a Cavalry Unit. But i have to say its best to have at least one of the 3 mages Celica/Sonya/Delthea. Celica and Sonya would be best since they can deal with Sonya.

In the end it all boils down to your Team composition. Running mages on those maps is far easier then melees, especially if those melees dont have Distant Counter... The Layout is very disadvantage for Melee units due to Trees/Walls even with Dancers around.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Well Alm isnt exactly the strongest of those 4 units. Lack of Range and Speed kinda hurt him a bit. I basicly use him only as a Reciprocal Aid Battery with his Falchion and B-Passiv Regen (He is my Healer now lol). He mostly kills Sonya in the last Battle thats it.

Berkut will do much better due to his Range as a Cavalry Unit. But i have to say its best to have at least one of the 3 mages Celica/Sonya/Delthea. Celica and Sonya would be best since they can deal with Sonya.

In the end it all boils down to your Team composition. Running mages on those maps is far easier then melees, especially if those melees dont have Distant Counter... The Layout is very disadvantage for Melee units due to Trees/Walls even with Dancers around.

I don't have any of those units. I was trying for Celica, but she hasn't shown up yet and I don't want to use a whole lot of orbs when CYL (Ike) could be soonish (if not the next banner, the one after is quite likely).

I do use a dancer and mages/ranged units. I've been going Alm, Azura, Klein, and Nino.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have any of those units. I was trying for Celica, but she hasn't shown up yet and I don't want to use a whole lot of orbs when CYL (Ike) could be soonish (if not the next banner, the one after is quite likely).

I do use a dancer and mages/ranged units. I've been going Alm, Azura, Klein, and Nino.

who is your designated Healer?

Alm With Reciprocal Aid i guess?

Well, if you're using Nino and Klein, it's not that weird they get killed so easily by evryone. Using them means killing stuff before they manage to reach you.

are you running Hone Attack and Hone Speed on your team to buff those two?

I don't use a healer in these. Healers are meh in Heroes.

no wonder your units die in Lunatic 7 Tempest Trial without anyone to function as a Healer (it doesnt have to be a Healer, but Alm with B-Passiv Regen and Reciprocal Aid can heal enough)

I don't use a healer in these. Healers are meh in Heroes.

They still work VERY well in TT

My team in the first tempest was Jaffar, Celica, Olivia, and Serra. Took me all the way to map 5 and then I switched to my OP team to beat the final map

It was a constant a speed b survival

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Well, if you're using Nino and Klein, it's not that weird they get killed so easily by evryone. Using them means killing stuff before they manage to reach you.

are you running Hone Attack and Hone Speed on your team to buff those two?

Nino and Klein are really good. Everyone says they are. That's why I brought them. These maps also have a lot of flying units too, which Klein one-rounds.

Hone Atk yes, Hone Spd, no. Alm needs a C though, I think, and I believe I have Hone Spd fodder somewhere. So I'll give that to him. I also should put the Wings of Mercy I gave Azura on her. I haven't had her equip it yet. I forgot about it.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

no wonder your units die in Lunatic 7 Tempest Trial without anyone to function as a Healer (it doesnt have to be a Healer, but Alm with B-Passiv Regen and Reciprocal Aid can heal enough)

Rude and not helpful.

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

My team in the first tempest was Jaffar, Celica, Olivia, and Serra. Took me all the way to map 5 and then I switched to my OP team to beat the final map

Yeah, maybe if the healer is named Genny or has Wrathful Staff. I haven't seen a way to switch teams without your first team all getting killed.

Edited by Anacybele

Rude and not helpful.

I dont know in what way this was rude, when i am just stating a fact. My units take constant Damage every round in Lunatic 7, without a dedicated Healer (may it be an actual Healer or a Falchion-Reciprocal-Aid Healer) they would die before reaching Map 7. So this was considered as a helping advice, but whatever.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

His teams purpose is to kill evrything before it damages him. Nino and Klein aren't going to survive that much better with a healer on the team.

If you plan to use melee units or tanks you need a healer in this game mode, but if you only run glass canons there's not much point. For instance, my team has consisted of Reinhardt, Nino/Tharja, Olivia and a bonus unit for all three Trials, and I've never had trouble getting perfect runs on Lunatic 7.

Nino and Klein are really good. Everyone says they are. That's why I brought them. These maps also have a lot of flying units too, which Klein one-rounds.

Hone Atk yes, Hone Spd, no. Alm needs a C though, I think, and I believe I have Hone Spd fodder somewhere. So I'll give that to him. I also should put the Wings of Mercy I gave Azura on her. I haven't had her equip it yet. I forgot about it.

I didn't mean to say they're bad, just that they're not good at taking hits. If you kill evrything before it can hit you, you don't need bulk right :P

Yeah, maybe if the healer is named Genny or has Wrathful Staff. I haven't seen a way to switch teams without your first team all getting killed.

That's because like, your first team has to die in order to switch. That's what I meant by "switch" anyway heheh

Also, like, I used S E R R A which means you don't need wrathful staff or Genny! It tooootally works with any healer who has rehabilitate!