Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

42 minutes ago, salinea said:

could the confusion be about Cordelia needing to initiate the attack for galeforce to trigger?

Usually I don't let her get in harms way... perhaps I should restore my real-life stamina getting some sleep ;)

/Edit: @Alkaid perhaps it was a change in one of the recent updates (1.6?)? My last CC run was before 1.6. 

Edited by mampfoid

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't use a healer in these. Healers are meh in Heroes.

Depends on the healer and how they've been built. Rehabilitate healers tend to be popular healers due to being able to practically fully heal a unit that is close to death. And Genny is also quite popular both as a healer and for SI-fodder since she gets Wrathful Staff by default for those looking to use a healer as a part-time combat unit (especially with either Assault or Absorb weapons). And Elise, Priscilla, and Clarine are popular due to being mounted healers.

In any 7-Lunatic run, having a reliable healing method is practically mandatory if you want to make it through with only a single team. It can be a dedicated healer or a pseudo-healer (Falchion + Renewal + Reciprocal Aid or Linde's Aura + Breath of Life 3 + Breath of Life 1 seal).

For my case, I have a dedicated healer in the form of Bride Lyn. She doesn't need to go into combat to be useful at all (she runs her default Dazzling Staff; I never pulled Genny before and being able to land free hits and shut down the target's ability to counterattack for the phase thanks to her default Candlelight weapon is pretty valuable to me).

Bride Lyn's (+Spd/-Res; has 1 merge) set:

Candlelight, Rehabilitate, Miracle, HP +5, Dazzling Staff 3, Hone Atk 3, HP +3 seal.

Stats spread: 48/35/38/23/21

She's built to be speedy HP tank and Miracle (once it's been charged up) can allow her to be an emergency bait unit for ranged enemies (preferably on map 7) so that they attack her and gimp themselves due to Candlelight's effect.

And I do get consistent A/A ranks running her with Olivia, Gray, and Reinhardt on 7-Lunatic.

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

His teams purpose is to kill evrything before it damages him. Nino and Klein aren't going to survive that much better with a healer on the team.

If you plan to use melee units or tanks you need a healer in this game mode, but if you only run glass canons there's not much point. For instance, my team has consisted of Reinhardt, Nino/Tharja, Olivia and a bonus unit for all three Trials, and I've never had trouble getting perfect runs on Lunatic 7.

I didn't mean to say they're bad, just that they're not good at taking hits. If you kill evrything before it can hit you, you don't need bulk right :P

Yeah, that's what I try to get Klein and Nino to do. Kill things before they're hit. Though when Nino IS hit, she activates Desperation.

You say not to run glass cannons, but Nino, Tharja, and Olivia are pretty glass cannony from what I've seen.

4 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

That's because like, your first team has to die in order to switch. That's what I meant by "switch" anyway heheh

Also, like, I used S E R R A which means you don't need wrathful staff or Genny! It tooootally works with any healer who has rehabilitate! 

But that lowers your score, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, too bad I don't have a healer with that either...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But that lowers your score, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, too bad I don't have a healer with that either.

But like, A 7 run B survival A speed Lunatic is better than a perfect 5 run Lunatic. So it may lower your score, but it's soooo worth it since you're getting more anyway!

If you have a Lissa, you can, like, super easily give your main healer rehabilitate!

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

But like, A 7 run B survival A speed Lunatic is better than a perfect 5 run Lunatic. So it may lower your score, but it's soooo worth it since you're getting more anyway!

If you have a Lissa, you can, like, super easily give your main healer rehabilitate!

Really? Well, that is kind of a fair deal then.

I do have a Lissa, but she's 3 star and she can only get Rehabilitate at 4 star. I'm saving my feathers for other units right now. I've pulled Wrys before too, but he was 3 star every time also.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? Well, that is kind of a fair deal then.

I do have a Lissa, but she's 3 star and she can only get Rehabilitate at 4 star. I'm saving my feathers for other units right now. I've pulled Wrys before too, but he was 3 star every time too.

Why don't you just like, yolo it? Rehabilitate is probably the best staff in the game soooo... at some point you'll eventually get it on someone right? Who is like, your main healer anyway?

And that's merely an easy 2k feathers :p

Edited by Astolfo!

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's what I try to get Klein and Nino to do. Kill things before they're hit. Though when Nino IS hit, she activates Desperation.

You say not to run glass cannons, but Nino, Tharja, and Olivia are pretty glass cannony from what I've seen.

I never said you shouldn't use glass cannons.

I said there's not much point in running a healer when the rest of the team consists of glass cannons (since they shouldn't get hit, apart from a calculated hit to get into desperation range or something).

10 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

In any 7-Lunatic run, having a reliable healing method is practically mandatory if you want to make it through with only a single team. It can be a dedicated healer or a pseudo-healer (Falchion + Renewal + Reciprocal Aid or Linde's Aura + Breath of Life 3 + Breath of Life 1 seal).

I disagree, using glass canons with a dancer works perfectly well without any healer. You only need to use a healer if you plan on your units getting hit, which shouldn't happen to glass cannons.

13 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

His teams purpose is to kill evrything before it damages him. Nino and Klein aren't going to survive that much better with a healer on the team.

If you plan to use melee units or tanks you need a healer in this game mode, but if you only run glass canons there's not much point. For instance, my team has consisted of Reinhardt, Nino/Tharja, Olivia and a bonus unit for all three Trials, and I've never had trouble getting perfect runs on Lunatic 7.

I didn't mean to say they're bad, just that they're not good at taking hits. If you kill evrything before it can hit you, you don't need bulk right :P

I get that, but Nino isnt exactly Glasscannon when she doesnt get the buffs to run her TomeBlade thus she prolly will get hit multiple times at some point. In that case she is more Glass then Cannon in Tempest Trial.

Glass Cannons for me only worked well in Tempest Trial, when i built my Team around that Glasscannon. For Example last TT i ran with Bride!Cordelia with Brave Bow+, Desperation and 3 Dancers Azura, Olivia and Ninian with Wings of Mercy. Azura with Hone SPD and Olivia wiht Hone Atk just running rogue around the map.

6 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Why don't you just like, yolo it? Rehabilitate is probably the best staff in the game soooo... at some point you'll eventually get it on someone right? Who is like, your main healer anyway?

And that's merely an easy 2k feathers :p

What do you mean by "yolo it?"

And yeah, but that's still 2,000 feathers I want to save for other units. xP

Just now, Anacybele said:

Like, Yolo it and promote the Lissa already! ?

But like, you'll be stuck in an infinite loop of "But there's other stuff I gots to do" and it'll just never happen ever!

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I get that, but Nino isnt exactly Glasscannon when she doesnt get the buffs to run her TomeBlade thus she prolly will get hit multiple times at some point. In that case she is more Glass then Cannon in Tempest Trial.

Glass Cannons for me only worked well in Tempest Trial, when i built my Team around that Glasscannon. For Example last TT i ran with Bride!Cordelia with Brave Bow+, Desperation and 3 Dancers Azura, Olivia and Ninian with Wings of Mercy. Azura with Hone SPD and Olivia wiht Hone Atk just running rogue around the map.

That's fair, Nino and most other glass cannons do need some team support (3 dancers is pretty extreme, but still).

However, that would still mean the best way for @Anacybele to improve her team would be to support Nino and Klein more (by letting other units provide buffs), not by introducing a healer to a team of squishy units.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can get over 13K feathers from TT reward feathers and TT quest feathers. And that's not counting any feathers you may earn based on your score rank in TT and from Hero Merit.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Depends on the healer and how they've been built. Rehabilitate healers tend to be popular healers due to being able to practically fully heal a unit that is close to death. And Genny is also quite popular both as a healer and for SI-fodder since she gets Wrathful Staff by default for those looking to use a healer as a part-time combat unit (especially with either Assault or Absorb weapons). And Elise, Priscilla, and Clarine are popular due to being mounted healers.

For my case, I have a dedicated healer in the form of Bride Lyn. She doesn't need to go into combat to be useful at all (she runs her default Dazzling Staff; I never pulled Genny before and being able to land free hits and shut down the target's ability to counterattack for the phase thanks to her default Candlelight weapon is pretty valuable to me).

Bride Lyn's (+Spd/-Res; has 1 merge) set:

Candlelight, Rehabilitate, Miracle, HP +5, Dazzling Staff 3, Hone Atk 3, HP +3 seal.

Stats spread: 48/35/38/23/21

She's built to be speedy HP tank and Miracle (once it's been charged up) can allow her to be an emergency bait unit for ranged enemies (preferably on map 7) so that they attack her and gimp themselves due to Candlelight's effect.

And I do get consistent A/A ranks running her with Olivia, Gray, and Reinhardt on 7-Lunatic.

I know about the popular healers, but the problem is, I haven't had very many of them. Sakura is my main healer, and I would like to give her Rehabilitate someday when I get more fodder for it.

44 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Like, Yolo it and promote the Lissa already! ?

But like, you'll be stuck in an infinite loop of "But there's other stuff I gots to do" and it'll just never happen ever!

Don't worry, I'm always using feathers when I have a big stockpile of them. XD

38 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

That's fair, Nino and most other glass cannons do need some team support (3 dancers is pretty extreme, but still).

However, that would still mean the best way for @Anacybele to improve her team would be to support Nino and Klein more (by letting other units provide buffs), not by introducing a healer to a team of squishy units.

I still need to have Alm in the team somewhere though, he's my only bonus unit until I get 5 star Clive and make him lv. 40 an all. Or until I pull a Celica, if ever...

38 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

You can get over 13K feathers from TT reward feathers and TT quest feathers. And that's not counting any feathers you may earn based on your score rank in TT and from Hero Merit.

Of course, but it's not like you get all of those right away.

Loving this TT even more than the first two. With the bonus unit stat boost and an extremely budget build of TA2/QR2 on Berkut, he obliterates almost all the reds without being scratched. (sits at 53/58/32/35/35 stats when attacked with my hone cavalry and fortify res seal). He exceeded all my expectations, I figured this TT would feel much more difficult with Berkut taking Reins blue slot in the team.
Main team for sloughing through the orb rewards quickly was Berkut/Cecilia/Xander/Olivia, but the latter 3 got to 3k HM quickly, so started farming the first 6 maps via a Ryoma/Rein/Titania/Rehabilitate Priscilla set.

At 31,500. Going really slow this time, not even in the top 10k.

Was getting A/A runs with Delthea/Olivia/Bridelia/Nino. They've all maxed their HM and I've since switched to Xander/Camus/Delthea/Wrys. Things are considerably more interesting but not enough for me to blow a stamina potion. I haven't used a single one since the TT started. I'm pretty used to being around rank 6k and I'm feeling pretty uninterested this time around so I'm just going to aim for the 6k feathers I've been getting from the trials instead of mindlessly grinding.

14k Feathers from all that HM though. Can't wait to *5 my first Red mage tomorrow.

Edited by Zeo

Why is Sonya the Boss of this Tempest?  It doesn't really make much sense, since she's just a secondary character from Echoes, really.  Making it Berkut or even Alm would seem like a more logical choice.

I'm at 33,061 now.  The last Seal is within spitting distance.  If I wasn't using the lower difficulties for training units, I might be there already.  I've now got all my Bonus units to level 40 now, though, which is nice.  Training Celica gives me a good Red mage for future modes that may require one, since I didn't really have a good one now, before Leo, who requires team support.

Edited by Rezzy

I'm loving the Tempest Trial improvements. The triple point system handles my main problem with the original TT (burnout), and the buffed bonus units also helps a lot. If I manage to do 4k a day due to the point bonuses, I can easily reach 40k (the amount needed for the last seal, everything after that are bonus shards, feathers, and orbs). However, I have a feeling if I don't have any 40% bonus units the next time around, my tune may easily change...

Anyways, instead of running my tried and true team of Ephraim, Nino, Ryoma, and (Azama/Olivia), I currently run Celica, Sharena, Delthea, and Clarine for the stat boosts. Both Celica and Delthea (+ATK, -SPD) have vanilla kits because I do not have appropriate SI fodder. Deltha's Miracle has definitely proven useful more than once.

The main problem comes with trying to deal with Sonya in the final chapter, but I still manage to pull off a perfect or near perfect score for most of my runs. My Celica can not properly handle Sonya as she cannot double her or even kill her with a Blazing Light proc. So, it is a battle of attrition since Celica is tanky enough to handle hits from a proc'ed Sonya.

41 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why is Sonya the Boss of this Tempest?  It doesn't really make much sense, since she's just a secondary character from Echoes, really.  Making it Berkut or even Alm would seem like a more logical choice.

Bruno (or at least Loki posing as Bruno) could've been an option as well and yeah, Sonya being the boss is pretty arbitrary. Not that I mind from a gameplay perspective since my Klein can take her out in one round provided I don't get like Sully as the melee cavalier.

51 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

yeah i wondered too, it weirded me out...it seems like they want to stick with mages since mages are the most annoying to deal with. but i guess they don't want to spend the time on making stats, a kit, and character art for the Echoes mage bosses. Sonya is a [possible] boss on Celica's route, so i guess it kinda makes sense..

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

How far do you spit?

Watch as I get a bonus unit the last hour before TT ends :D Knowing my horrible luck, that would happen to me...

SIGH

I haven't really measured it, but my kids can projectile spit across the room.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

That's sort of gross. I hope they don't spit your food that far and make a mess

Luckily nothing grosses me out.

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Bruno (or at least Loki posing as Bruno) could've been an option as well and yeah, Sonya being the boss is pretty arbitrary. Not that I mind from a gameplay perspective since my Klein can take her out in one round provided I don't get like Sully as the melee cavalier.

8 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah i wondered too, it weirded me out...it seems like they want to stick with mages since mages are the most annoying to deal with. but i guess they don't want to spend the time on making stats, a kit, and character art for the Echoes mage bosses. Sonya is a [possible] boss on Celica's route, so i guess it kinda makes sense..

Alm being the boss would have been a nice "balance" to the last Tempest.

I've been rotating a few teams around so I can try to get as much HM for people. I've found that my most reliable team is Eirika, Nino, Reinhardt, and a healer. Too bad that team doesn't consist of a bonus unit, but apparently substituting Delthea for Nino actually works, because Reinhardt and Delthea blow up blues so hard I don't even need a green.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I haven't really measured it, but my kids can projectile spit across the room.

That's.... tooootally weird. I remember my health teacher told us about this thing called gastric distention where, like, you vomit and it shoots suuuuuper far.

ALMOST GETTING THAT NEW SEAL