Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

Finished the day at 25k which I guess is good enough, I'm glad I got a Gray to get this done faster.

All in all I'm not the biggest fan of these maps (looking at you Desert stronghold and Sluice gate who make me waste a ton of turns to get into a favorable formation).

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Finished the day at 25k which I guess is good enough, I'm glad I got a Gray to get this done faster.

All in all I'm not the biggest fan of these maps (looking at you Desert stronghold and Sluice gate who make me waste a ton of turns to get into a favorable formation).

Sleuice gate is super annoying because you have to bait the enemies into moving, and it's too bad if you get a bad roll of different coloured enemies to make the chokepoint annoying

at least it's good for bow users with at least 1 guaranteed flier on the map

I really like the buff in this tempest trial.
With the buff I can easily do 5 Maps on Lunatic with auto battle, which was impossible for me in the first TT.
And 482 Points are not too bad and even if I need to use more stamina potions..I have enough of those to spare.

That moment when the first map in 7-Lunatic spawned Reinhardt in the Desert Stronghold map.

Fortunately, neutral Res Gray with only a Fortify Res 1 buff can actually tank a round from him.

Alright, I took my shiny new Delthea out for a ride today, replacing Berkut with her for some runs. She's doing pretty damn well (41 speed without any boosts is just insane), so I think I can get away with replacing Reinhardt with Nino now, so I can give my Rein a bit of a break. I'll do a few more trial runs before I'll use a new team composition for the triple score runs though.

Currently at 21k, taking it slow so that I don't burn out over it. I'll see where I end up when all of this is over (I want to get at least 40k, but that shouldn't be to hard if I keep going at this rate).

I'm at 29k, might do another run by the end of today to get Clive. Team is 4* Berkut, M!Robin, Chrom and Soren. The only unit that is annoying to deal with is Mathilda because of TA on Soren being negated and Berkut being slaughtered if she initiates. 

I love the changes to the tempest trials, makes it so much more tolerable.

I am running secondary team just to accommodate bonus unit, but I am cleaning it with Palla / Minerva / S!Corrin / Cordelia. Can manage even without any healing (though I did give Minerva and Corrin Renewal today as I had some spare Faes and got lot of SP from grinding TT.)

Quickpulse Galeforce Cordelia is really addictive :D

I accidentally improved my strategy.

I threw together an auto-battle team of Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia/Delthea for when I had extra stamina but didn't feel like playing. It worked fine for Lunatic-5 a couple of times, then I accidentally selected Lunatic-7 instead. I wasn't sure I was ready to take on Lunatic-7 auto, so to avoid risking losing the stamina, I decided to try doing it manually... and it turned out to work so much better than my previous teams with like actually using a healer.

Too much stuff going on this month both in-game and in real life. 3 *5's that are untrained, new Paralogue CCs, unfinished normal CC's, new Arena seasons for two different modes. Things are really taking away from this tempest. I'm only in the 40ks and my rank is around 13k. I have to burn potions in order to get ahead and I'm almost uninterested honestly.

Then in real life I have around an hour or two to play each day and that respective hour saps away time to sleep.

right now I'm using a team of celica, delthia, legion and serra to get through the tempest, I've just been using stamina potions and auto battle on hard 5 to get it all done with minimal effort (excluding daily multipliers). Even  if my first team goes down I still get about 480 points per attempt doing this I have amassed a sizeable score of 67,437 with a rank of 2,472.

I am so thankful that they added some more rewards in between the 3 orbs to make it more bearable to get through everything after 50,000 points. Previous TTs were brutal because you would only get rewards after 10,000 but giving some lesser rewards for 2,500 is much less painful to get through.

So as it turns out, Twilight of the Gods is not an edited version of said track to remove the beginning part entirerly, like what you'd expect Smash Bros to do, rather the track just starts at the moment the epicness begins.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm starting to feel the fatigue, around 35k. Think I'm pulling back to the three daily runs for now.

Use this time to train up some random 4*s---never know when you'd want to use a vanilla 4* level 40 in Arena Assault or Chain Challenge. TT is efficient once your units reach around level 20-25, because at that point Training Strata start costing 6 energy versus 5 per map for TT.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Just passed 50K. I think I'm on track to get the 100K.

(I'm also at Rank 10,067, which slightly bothers me...)

It's annoying because people are really competitive this time around. I just want the 6k feathers I got the last two trials and if I'm in the 10ks halfway there then the tops probably already have around 100k-150k. Seriously what else do these people do with their time? Or the games for that matter? There's plenty else to do right now, especially considering the new CCs.

Just got Hardy Bearing. Spent stamina on the paralogue today, but I should be on pace for getting every TT reward. It's been rough going through with only Berkut as a bonus unit, but the stat boosts keep him from being useless. Promoting him to 5 star weeks ago was a smart move.

I'm close to level 40 in raising Clive, since uber 5* Berkut is so fun, I figured having two 5* ubers would be even more fun, at least for grinding Hero Merit in Lunatic 5. But Clive's stats are so depressingly similar to Berkut, and I'd have to give him a full compliment of skills for him to be good. Berkut's cool because he shrugs off magic attacks and comes with a cav skill, Clive has nothing unique or useful on him. If Berkut maxes on Hero Merit, I'll switch to Clive, but I doubt that will happen if he's only at 1100 HM by now

After a couple more stamina potions and today's first two runs, I've now passed 100K (100,795; rank 265) and cleaned out all the rewards. Now all that's left to do is maintain my spot in the top 1K and get those sweet 10,000 feathers.