Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

I've been grinding for orb rewards for a last shot at Ike. It's been getting rougher now that Xander and Reinhardt are back on the bench due to capping HM again, but I want to try to push to 60k.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, uh, I just faced an NPC Frederick that did a stupid thing (in the process of killing my Delthea). He used wings of mercy to warp next to a weakened female Corrin. The spot that he warped to is surrounded by three trees and a breakable barrier that no one has broken yet. So for one turn, he's stuck.

Good job, Frederick.

I've continued making no-healer teams and I have to say, TT is a lot more fun this way. It does take a strong enough team to pull it off, but it's so much faster and more exciting.

With Delthea as my bonus unit, I switched from Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia to Luke/Camus/Cecilia when Xander and Reinhardt capped, and now Palla/s!Corrin/Michalis since Cecilia capped. Those three won't come close to capping anytime soon, so I should be in the clear.

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So, uh, I just faced an NPC Frederick that did a stupid thing (in the process of killing my Delthea). He used wings of mercy to warp next to a weakened female Corrin. The spot that he warped to is surrounded by three trees and a breakable barrier that no one has broken yet. So for one turn, he's stuck.

Good job, Frederick.

That's nothing. My team set to auto-battle positioned themselves in a way that they couldn't attack the last enemy, who only had 5 HP left,(enemy healer-Delthea-Clive-Masked Marth-S!Xander were lined up on a bridge) and they were too stupid to move out of the way to let someone get the final blow. Luckily I happened to be watching it so they only wasted 2 turns. That would have sucked if I wasn't paying attention and came back to see 500 turns.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

I've continued making no-healer teams and I have to say, TT is a lot more fun this way. It does take a strong enough team to pull it off, but it's so much faster and more exciting.

With Delthea as my bonus unit, I switched from Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia to Luke/Camus/Cecilia when Xander and Reinhardt capped, and now Palla/s!Corrin/Michalis since Cecilia capped. Those three won't come close to capping anytime soon, so I should be in the clear.

Unless you have Wrathful Staff with Horse buff support, no-healer teams are the way to go. Hyper-offense with Bladetomes, Desperation, and buffs are really effective, but Renewal is also a really amazing skill for these multi-map modes. Falchion+Renewal combined with Ardent sacrifice is a great build. Throw in the Miracle special and your units pretty much never die.

I only need about 2 more runs to cap my score.

12 hours ago, Hawk King said:

That's nothing. My team set to auto-battle positioned themselves in a way that they couldn't attack the last enemy, who only had 5 HP left,(enemy healer-Delthea-Clive-Masked Marth-S!Xander were lined up on a bridge) and they were too stupid to move out of the way to let someone get the final blow. Luckily I happened to be watching it so they only wasted 2 turns. That would have sucked if I wasn't paying attention and came back to see 500 turns.

I lost 15 turns to that problem once, I can't complain though, using bonus units and a few stamina potions I've almost gotten the maximum rewards for this one. I would have burned out long ago if not for auto battle.

Edit: I now have a score of 100,203 and am only at rank 2,291, god this is cut throat. I have a feeling that I will be around rank 5000 or less when this is over.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

12 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Unless you have Wrathful Staff with Horse buff support, no-healer teams are the way to go. Hyper-offense with Bladetomes, Desperation, and buffs are really effective, but Renewal is also a really amazing skill for these multi-map modes. Falchion+Renewal combined with Ardent sacrifice is a great build. Throw in the Miracle special and your units pretty much never die.

Rainbow Distant-Counter-Quick-Riposte with a Rehabilitate healer allows a team to fairly aggressively sweep maps as well. Overlap can sometimes get a little weird, but that's a problem also faced by teams running one or more blade/brave nukers (at least after Lunatic-7 map 4 when the stat inflation gets real).

Since I pulled Gray the other day and leveled him to 40, I've gotten higher scores! Glad I actually somehow managed to get a 40% bonus unit after all, even if it isn't the one I would've preferred (Celica). Gray is pretty good even with -Atk too. Wind Boost lets him double a lot of stuff if he has 3 HP or more than the opponent and I gave him the HP+3 seal to help with that. He also doubles Sonya, which Alm could not do, so Gray is always guaranteed to KO her in lunatic 5 at least, whereas Alm wasn't, though he did one-round her a majority of the time.

I'm at roughly 39,200.

Edited by Anacybele

47 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

My S. Camilla doubled a Nino on the final map of Lunatic 5. I'm not sure what sort of world I live in anymore

Talk about a speed bane. :p

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Do enemies have natures?

My S. Camilla is a speed boon one, so she has 29 speed. I have a speed seal on her, darting blow, and two goad fliers. that means 44 speed or so :O

I'm not entirely sure how enemy stats work, but randomly generated ones seem to have greater variation than player stats. I've fought a Tenth Stratum Olwen with 25 Atk, including the 9 from Dire Thunder.

Edited by Othin

15 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Do enemies have natures?

My S. Camilla is a speed boon one, so she has 29 speed. I have a speed seal on her, darting blow, and two goad fliers. that means 44 speed or so :O

Yeah, what Othin said. 33 speed enemy Boey has traumatized me... High HP, defense, and speed? Lunatic trials, never again.

Randomly generated units are pretty crazy (dumb) at times. You can have units who you'd expect to be really strong or fast, but they aren't. Someone's probably fought a 30 speed Lon'qu before on the upper stratums. Then there's the missing skills or randomly filled in skills like low resistance units having any sort of ploy skill or knights with Pa- Oh, that's right, Armor March exists. :p

Edited by Kaden

Hmm, Gray didn't double Sonya that time. I wonder if she got a speed boost from someone. Oh well, at least I'm still getting higher scores per run. Just got over 40,000 and the Hardy Bearing seal. :D

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hmm, Gray didn't double Sonya that time. I wonder if she got a speed boost from someone. Oh well, at least I'm still getting higher scores per run. Just got over 40,000 and the Hardy Bearing seal. :D

Which Sonya are you talking about? Hard 5 battles Sonya has 32 speed, lunatic 5 battles has 35 speed, and lunatic 7 battles has 38. =Spd Gray has 32 speed which with Wind Boost, he'd have 38 speed letting him double hard 5 battles Sonya. The only problem is he's off by 1 HP from having 3 more HP than her since she has 44 HP while =HP Gray has 43 which with a HP +3 seal, only puts him at 46. In this case and I don't know what happened exactly, if she was at full HP and/or if she had someone buff her speed, then Gray wouldn't have been able to double her.

Gray probably wouldn't be able to get Wind Boost to work on lunatic Sonya without someone chipping at her HP and lunatic 7 battles would require that Wind Boost 3 is in effect, a +4 speed buff, and a Speed +1 seal unless he was +Spd where he'd just need Wind Boost 3 and at least a +2 speed buff. If she got a speed buff from someone, then I doubt Gray could double her without G Tomebreaker.

The fun thing is that Sonya's defense is low, so you can one-shot her with sword units on 5 battles hard. +Atk Alm or =Atk Alm with +3 to his attack can one-shot her and then there's Chrom and Eliwood. Legendary swords, 37 base attack for Chrom, and a built-in Death Blow 2 with 31 base attack which is enough for Eliwood to do 44 damage on her. And if anyone bothered to get Lloyd to 5*, full HP Sonya gets doubled by him because of Regal Blade which even then, if he had +1 to his attack, he'd one-shot her with Regal Blade's effect. So, it's overkill and overkill is the best way to guarantee something is truly defeated. :p

Edited by Kaden

5 hours ago, Kruggov said:

Is it just me, or if you get D survival you get a score multiplier of 1.5? It might be just a typo in-game, though.

Should be ×1.05, IIRC.

Edited by Vaximillian

23 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Is it just me, or if you get D survival you get a score multiplier of 1.5? It might be just a typo in-game, though.

I noticed that as well on one run, I believe it's a typo and should read 1.05 (1.2 for A, 1.15 for B, 1.1 for C, 1.05 for D).

. . .and here I am, still shy of the Hardy Bearing seal.  Having a 20% unit is painful.  Couldn't pull to save my life on the Tempest Trials banner (got Lucina instead).

I haven't been playing much FEH these last few days. Just doing the daily quests. Don't think I'm going for rankings this time. Currently scored 46977. I might have to do a slight push later in order to get all the rewards.

10 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

LOL

On Lunatic 5, not 7. But still

Whoa, I know it's Niles with his piddling ATK, but how much DEF does your Catria have? My Beruka with 40 def routinely gets hit fo 18-20 dmg even by weaker archers.