Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Soul~! said:

As in, her Special? Moonbow, but it wasn't going to trigger in either of those.

Ohh, I just saw that she had a Brave Lance and not the spoon. Bummer.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Ohh, I just saw that she had a Brave Lance and not the spoon. Bummer.

I mean, I was pretty hype for the Giant Spoon of Death...but it gets old after a bit. She actually looks a lot better with a menacing lance. The spoon + dress combo was too sweet for my tastes. :awesome:

5 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I mean, I was pretty hype for the Giant Spoon of Death...but it gets old after a bit. She actually looks a lot better with a menacing lance. The spoon + dress combo was too sweet for my tastes. :awesome:

I understand completely. On a side note, if it didn't require wasting a Bride Cordelia, I'd totally give Virion the Cupid Bow.

Doing my obligatory 3 Trials tomorrow should put me over the 100K mark.  My Reinhardt is starting to run out of skills to learn.

Just now, Johann said:

I understand completely. On a side note, if it didn't require wasting a Bride Cordelia, I'd totally give Virion the Cupid Bow.

I'm not one to tell you what you are to like or not, but I don't see much of a thing in this thing where people aren't willing to sacrifice their characters and just have them rot there. I would've gladly sacrificed a Summer Robin to give her lance to Charlotte. :awesome: Similiarly, I gave my 5* Athena (new at the moment) Wo Dao to fucking Tobin, *5 Mathilda for her Riderbane on Subaki and was willing to use 5* Clive for a free Silver for Charlotte.

Oh, worse yet, I'd be wasting the Faye I gave to Bride Cordelia for Firesweep Bow, so...

For whatever reason, I have my issues with getting rid of 5* characters just for skills, excepting characters I just don't like or seasonal ones that don't leave a good impression on me. I'm not even big on Cordelia but it's hard to pass her up.

I am also beyond 100K. It's going to feel weird, not getting orbs from these, but I do want to feed Clive some SP. Especially if he is to one day gain the Slaying Lance and become a true Eldigan.

...When I put it like that, maybe not. I do see Clive being the first to go...

All TT rewards collected despite only having 1.2x bonus units Clive and Berkut. I didn't need to burn any stamina potions to get this far, but I did two or three since I enjoy the auto battle hero merit grind on Lunatic 5. I hope the next Trial's bonus units aren't as harsh as this one, but it's good to know free units can still get you to the end.

Edited by Glennstavos

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

All TT rewards collected despite only having 1.2x bonus units Clive and Berkut. I didn't need to burn any stamina potions to get this far, but I did two or three since I enjoy the auto battle hero merit grind on Lunatic 5. I hope the next Trial's bonus units aren't as harsh as this one, but it's good to know free units can still get you to the end.

If we get an FE8 TT next, there will have to be at least one 1.4x bonus unit available below 5*, since once the current banner ends there should only be three 5* exclusive FE8 characters. So at least there's that.

(My guess is that if that happens, the 1.4x units will be Eirika/Ephraim/Innes/Tana, which means I could upgrade my Eirika to have a 5* bonus unit, so I'd be happy with that.)

Almost to 99,999. If I can get to 96,700 by tomorrow then I can just use the x3 bonus and finish another run to get all the TT quests done and I'd reach 99,999. That's about 10,000 more points to go until I get to 96,700.

Edited by Kaden

At 72069

Should be able to make it to 80k tomorrow with ease, but man I wish I had figured out how fast & easy lunatic-5 was. Could have been doing all kinds of runs! Sonya/Rein/Xander/Titania can routinely beat it with no deaths, getting an easy 500 every time if I don't put it on auto.

Now it's just a question of do I burn potions for 85k....or 90k....

I just had the wildest run of TT in a long time.

Basically, in just the first round, I miscalculated the defensive ability of Nowi and she died.

But in all 6 following battles, I was able to clear it with just Alm, Nino, and Priscilla, despite a number of times where Nowi would have cleaned up the map. Careful positioning of Alm and strategic murdering with Nino both let me make it all the way to the end with just the one unfortunate casualty.

...my Speed rank was C, but hey I still made it with just my initial team minus 1.

The irony of this TT is that I was the least interested in it and it was the most competitive.

I'm sitting here at 100k and rank 18k and have absolutely no interest in grinding to top 10k for those extra 2k feathers. None. 

I'm doing my last daily and that's a rap. gg Tempest Trials.

Finally started this Tempest Trials yesterday (about 30 hours ago). Currently sitting at 28,160 points. Hoping to hit 35,000 before I hit the sack tonight, then shooting for 40,000 before it ends.

Currently using probably the most uninspired builds ever:

+6 Celica [+Atk, -Def] (Ragnarok, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Spur Def 3, Resistance +1)
+10 Mae [+Spd, -HP] (Blarowl+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Fortify Res 1)
+0 Cecilia [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry)
+0 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Gravity, Recover, Kindled-Fire Balm, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry, Spur Def 1)

As usual, Blarowl and Gravity shenanigans saving the day left and right. Every run has so far been perfect A/A except for one where I had a Tiki and an Eldigan Rally-Swap each other slowly away from me for 5 turns straight before they hit the edge of the map.

God, I hate the Michalis-Camus and Ursula maps.

And done. Over a 100k.

About 15k in rank, but that's fine, especially with the account with no 40% bonus unit.

Gaining a new appreciation for Reposition chains with Minerva and Ike, especially in those tree maps. It's a fresher experience training them up in the lower Lunatic levels, that I even stopped using Auto Battle because I wanted as much SP as I could get.