Tempest Trials: Twilight of the Gods Edition!

Vaximillian

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

There’s a solution to Sonya’s Vantage: come up close and hit her with a sword.

But the only sword unit I tend to take with me on these things is my 4* Olivia, and she can't one round Sonya. It should be pretty easy to clear it with a second team though.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Praise Naga for delivering us from the horrors of these maps.

There’s a solution to Sonya’s Vantage: come up close and hit her with a sword.

Too bad my A team is a 2 Desperation mages + Berkut + Olivia haha. By this point Tharja wouldn't be able to take a hit from Vantage Sonya, but only managed to so because of a perfectly timed Vengeance.

Actually I almost did a perfect run but messed it up by putting Tharja in range of Effie while killing Sonya as my finger slipped. Ah well at least its doable now, despite having 2 blues (Berkut/Linde) against a Sonya boss.

This is great. Celica, Sonya, and Gray all from level 1 to 40 in no time flat. Sure it took a few stamina potions, but they're practically swimming in SP, especially Gray with that Sword Valor! Celica gets some scary high stats though with the inflation, Ragnorak, and LaD...I swear her ATK is over 60 and her speed is over 50. She can solo maps. 

I'm going with my classic mage team for now Celica, M. Robin, Nino, and Dancer. I'll probably switch to using Sonya before too long and then Gray. I've still got my fingers crossed that I'll pull a Delthea. XD

Alm is awesome with the Bonus Unit bonus stats. His HP is so high, Reciprocal Aid is pretty much a full heal to anyone targeted by it, and he can get most of it recovered by a Rehabilitate staff on top of Falchion and Renewal 3, and having higher stats is never a bad thing anyways.

Managed to get 2000 points on my first run with Delthea/Anna/Klein/Olivia. I think I managed a perfect run, but I'm not sure. Definitely feels easier to get wins this time around.

Is there a consensus on Clive as a unit yet?

27 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

But the only sword unit I tend to take with me on these things is my 4* Olivia, and she can't one round Sonya. It should be pretty easy to clear it with a second team though.

What about hitting her with Axe instead? My Titania has really easy time with her.

5 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Is there a consensus on Clive as a unit yet?

Personal bias reasons make me not want him in my party even though I have very few cavaliers.

Watching the Rise of the Deliverance stuff and he sounds like a jerk.

Gosh damn it Sonya with vantage. Good bye Reinhardt. You got kicked off the team. Meh, he's redundant since Delthea is here. In goes Erika to take down annoying Titania and Sonya. I'm surprised that Sonya is the boss, I was hoping it would be Alm this time. So far all of our TT bosses have been mages.

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

What about hitting her with Axe instead? My Titania has really easy time with her.

The main problem is that I don't really have a good melee nuke yet. I'm planning to make Brave Axe Cherche a reality soon though, so she should be a pretty good answer to Sonya. Until then It's Tharja time I guess.

BOOYAH! This Tempest Torture thing is like, soooo fun with 2 bonus units! I'm running Celica and Alm at the same time and it's, like, super easy! They make such and adorb couple killing people together <3

@Vaximillian don't you, like, know the tradition of naming the thread "Tempest Torture"?

2 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

BOOYAH! This Tempest Torture thing is like, soooo fun with 2 bonus units! I'm running Celica and Alm at the same time and it's, like, super easy! They make such and adorb couple killing people together <3

@Vaximillian don't you, like, know the tradition of naming the thread "Tempest Torture"?

->Tempest is fun.
-> Still calls it torture.

Cognitive dissonance is at work.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

->Tempest is fun.
-> Still calls it torture.

Cognitive dissonance is at work.

That's cause it's like, fun for me buuuut, I'm not sure about everyone else. Two of my BFFs don't have bonus units! 

@GuiltyLove: so do I, so do I! I’m saltier than Berkut the saltlord. What is saltier, Berkut or the Dead Sea?

@Astolfo!: open your own thread and call it whatever you want. I’ve never agreed with you calling tempest trials tempest torture.

@SatsumaFSoysoy: final boss should have been a blue mage Jedah. Blue in more senses than one.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Actually, what if this Sonya... (Echoes spoilers)

Hide contents

Is the Sonya from her ending in Echoes, where it's implied she turns into a Witch herself?

Spoiler

No Wings of Mercy or Mage Ring Seal.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:
  Hide contents

No Wings of Mercy or Mage Ring Seal.

Spoiler

Well, the former might be because of her choice of contract, and the latter is just a gameplay limitation lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@GuiltyLove: so do I, so do I! I’m saltier than Berkut the saltlord. What is saltier, Berkut or the Dead Sea?

@Astolfo!: open your own thread and call it whatever you want. I’ve never agreed with you calling tempest trials tempest torture.

@SatsumaFSoysoy: final boss should have been a blue mage Jedah. Blue in more senses than one.

BERKUT

BECAUSE MY SALT SPRINKLED ONTO HIM

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Actually, what if this Sonya... (Echoes spoilers)

Hide contents

Is the Sonya from her ending in Echoes, where it's implied she turns into a Witch herself?

How can she turn into a Witch if Duma is dead? Witches become Witches by making contracts with Kyubey offering their soul to Duma. The ending could just be a rumor since Sonya is powerful and started living where Nuibaba used to be

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:
  Hide contents

Well, the former might be because of her choice of contract, and the latter is just a gameplay limitation lol.

...Now I want to give my own Sonya the Wings of Mercy from Cain.

I don't even remember who I planned to give it to other than Anna (who has WoM2).

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

How can she turn into a Witch if Duma is dead? Witches become Witches by making contracts with Kyubey offering their soul to Duma. The ending could just be a rumor since Sonya is powerful and started living where Nuibaba used to be

Nuibaba's contract was never with Duma, but Medusa.