Concept Art of Marth and Anna from Twitter

Azz

I have to say, Anna looks pretty nice with that beret-esc hat. Marth looks nice too, just a bit bulky IMO compared to his other incarnations.

4 hours ago, Azz said:

I have to say, Anna looks pretty nice with that beret-esc hat. Marth looks nice too, just a bit bulky IMO compared to his other incarnations.

My favorite iteration of Anna, right there.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I love Marth's design-- though with the greaves and shin guards, his lack of breastplate looks even weirder.

The Hero-King will save Altea and the world from dangerous dragons and intimidating soccer opponents.

18 minutes ago, Elieson said:

The Hero-King will save Altea and the world from dangerous dragons and intimidating soccer opponents.

Not with Gharnef as the goalie- only a Starlight Kick can penetrate his defenses.

Marth's looking simple, generic, and very blue as always- never bad, but never terribly memorable (I generally prefer his white recolor in Smash). Anna's design looks like it might derive inspiration from the Fates one, and I agree the beret doesn't do much for the design. Wonder what weapon she'll be going with this time. She's done Sword & Staff, Bow, and Axe. It looks like she'll be physical again, I don't think the outfit goes well with magic, but who knows?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Wonder if Anna is an unlockable character, not sure how Warriors games work with secret characters and all that unlock after meeting some sort of challenge.

Usually depends on story progression or in the Orochi games case, saving people by doing missions in a certain way.

Since this game will be like an fe game I bet you'll have to bring the right character to talk to them, although they may just have Rowan or Lianna (whichever you picked to be the MC) just talk to everyone like certain lords.

Marth's design is very...Marth-y. I kinda wish they had done more to make it stand out from every other Marth design, even if was just recoloring some parts of his outfit instead of just having the same blue-gold-red color scheme.

Anna's design is cute, and as vague as it is her design does look like a travelling merchant's. I actually really like the beret, but I'll admit that I like character designs that have headwear that doesn't cover the whole head.

21 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Marth's design is very...Marth-y. I kinda wish they had done more to make it stand out from every other Marth design, even if was just recoloring some parts of his outfit instead of just having the same blue-gold-red color scheme.

Anna's design is cute, and as vague as it is her design does look like a travelling merchant's. I actually really like the beret, but I'll admit that I like character designs that have headwear that doesn't cover the whole head.

But he is Marth. It needs to be "Marth-y." Besides, The likes of Chrom and them don't even get redesigns.

47 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

I'd say we dodged a bullet if Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is anything to go off of.

I can't really think of anything different we can do with marth's design, he has always had the same colors the same general look, we can't just give him a scarf or an extra pauldron like with link, and he has never been a character where somewhat drastic redesigns have proven acceptable like zelda or ganondorf, best I can think of is having marth go pantless but I don't think that would go over well with the ESRB.

Don't you dare recommend he ditch the tiara that is the only thing that helps me not mistake him for literally every other lord in the series.

18 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I can't really think of anything different we can do with marth's design, he has always had the same colors the same general look, we can't just give him a scarf or an extra pauldron like with link, and he has never been a character where somewhat drastic redesigns have proven acceptable like zelda or ganondorf, best I can think of is having marth go pantless but I don't think that would go over well with the ESRB.

Link in HW is a good example of what I would have like to seen FE Warriors do with Marth; not a drastically different design, but enough small changes and details added that it doesn't look like the same bland design we've been getting for twenty years while still retaining the "feel" of the outfit, so to speak.

58 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Link in HW is a good example of what I would have like to seen FE Warriors do with Marth; not a drastically different design, but enough small changes and details added that it doesn't look like the same bland design we've been getting for twenty years while still retaining the "feel" of the outfit, so to speak.

This is actually a small redesign of Shadow Dragon Marth, since they added metallic guards to his arm and boots.

I really wish we got a 3d version of his New Mystery design, with the big metallic collar and chest plate. It's the one part of his outfit that Smash changed for some reason. Hopefully something like that is used for a promoted look.

2 hours ago, AzureSen said:

Agreed. HW Link had that nice blue scarf, which freshened his very traditional design and made it pop. I have the PC wallpaper with the OoT TP and SS Link designs shown alongside the HW one, and I definitely appreciate the new design. I wouldn't ask for the scarf to come back in every game, this one time to make this particular Link distinctive is enough.

3 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I'd say we dodged a bullet if Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is anything to go off of.

Are your referring just to Marth, or TMS's designs as a whole? The former- I'll concede, the latter, not at all, not when TMS gave us Conqueror Chrom.

1 hour ago, NeonZ said:

I really wish we got a 3d version of his New Mystery design, with the big metallic collar and chest plate. It's the one part of his outfit that Smash changed for some reason. Hopefully something like that is used for a promoted look.

So in other words, IS is snubbing Marth's superior game again? (Haven't actually played 3/12, but 1 I can tell from afar is inferior to 3, and 12 seems to be a significant improvement over 11 barring a few things like Chris's plot integration.)

I really like Anna's outfit. Is Kozaki still the artist for this game? If so, then it looks like he still has a few good designs left in him yet (unless this is one of those situations like Awakening where he only designed the characters and not the outfits).

Marth on the other hand still looks like a guy cosplaying as Marth rather than the Hero King himself.

Anna looks wonderful... and if I had to guess.. She might be the first Archer revealed for the game.. 

To me Anna looks like the FE14 Anna.. with a beret... and she was an archer in 14...  Another thing is the beret is almost stereotypical for an archer haha... considering characters like Robin Hood.. and that's what she reminds me of.. a female Robin Hood.. so I predict she will be an Archer..

I figure we might see Gauis and other characters soon...soon.. (and a freaking release date.. considering fall is next month...) Also considering they only have one Shadow dragon character confirmed compared to Awakening's 5 (6 if F robin is separate) and Fates 3.. I wonder when the will release more Shadow dragon characters.. 

On 8/11/2017 at 7:42 PM, AzureSen said:

The reason why link was able to have the HW redesign was because link's design has always been at base simplistic we have seen very little deviation from the original (barring BoTW of course came out long after HW), marth on the other hand has only ever had his design become more detailed with every new iteration to the point where we can't think of anything new that could be added t give it more of a warriors flare.

I do think that the exclusion of the breastplate was a poor move on their part. I guess he had it repurposed into shinguards.

58 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

The reason why link was able to have the HW redesign was because link's design has always been at base simplistic we have seen very little deviation from the original (barring BoTW of course came out long after HW), marth on the other hand has only ever had his design become more detailed with every new iteration to the point where we can't think of anything new that could be added t give it more of a warriors flare.

I do think that the exclusion of the breastplate was a poor move on their part. I guess he had it repurposed into shinguards.

Shadow Dragon Marth's artwork doesn't have a breastplate and this is directly based on that (see his cape pin, which isn't the usual red jewel either).

Just now, NeonZ said:

Shadow Dragon Marth's artwork doesn't have a breastplate and this is directly based on that (see his cape pin, which isn't the usual red jewel either).

huh, could have sworn he did, well you learn something new every day.