Shadow Dragon Official Nintendo Guidebook Translation

Welcome to my first translation project. It took quite a bit of work(big shoutouts to @Kirokan once again for the help) just to start this project so hopefully you all will enjoy what you see.

I'm still a novice at image editing so I'm still experimenting. Any tips(scanning, editing, wording of the text etc.) on improving the quality of these pages are appreciated.  

Before I start, I want to let people know that what you see in the initial pages will not dictate how later pages will turn out. What I mean is that the starting pages have text over artwork so it is hard to replace the original text and preserve the artwork underneath. Until I figure out how to do a clean lift of the text that does not mess up the artwork, I will be putting the translations near the original Japanese text. However, one problem arises. Pages 4 & 5 are the table of contents of the guidebook and these 2 pages also have artwork under text. There simply isn't enough space for me to put both the Japanese text and English text on the page and make it look good so these two pages might have to go untranslated.  

Note that I will be using localized names.

With that being said, here are the first three pages of the guidebook. 

Cover[Imgur]

FSWyGmi.jpg?1

Page 1[Imgur]

WY6JaJc.jpg

Page 2[Imgur]

WuModcQ.jpg

Page 3[Imgur]

3SjUe2w.jpg

Edited by tobuShogi

12 hours ago, Hardin said:

Good stuff, but I think you need to reedit page 3. You translation implies that Camus was leading the Archanean army, but he was leading the siege against Archanea. 

Thanks for the catch! It's been a while since I've played SD so I'm fuzzy on the details. Of course it would be the one character I didn't look up came XD 

Apparently I wasn't following my own guidelines. 

Anyway, here are pages 4 & 5: the table of contents. They use some... interesting English terms to describe things. For example, referring to places like arena and shops as "institution." On another note, the English version of the game doesn't have a chapter subtitle for the prologue chapters but it'd be a waste to just leave it out so I translated them. Really like Prologue 4's title. Captured(no pun intended) both the figurative and literal meaning of the events that transpired. 

Page 4[imgur]

X2ZhL1i.jpg

Page 5[imgur]

PWOe4bB.jpg

Edited by tobuShogi