Digimon (Digital monsters, Digimon Garlic Champions)

Ronnie

Who here is a Digimon fan? The anime, games, movies what have you. Favorite Digimon? Favorite season? Discuss!

My favorite Digimon is Garurumon ever since I was kid. I always preferred season 4, Digimon Frontier because the English opening kicked ass and the characters becoming Digimon was a cool concept.

Edited by Ronnie

I loved the original Digimon as a kid, it was what got me in to anime, I still need to finish Adventure Tri since it has all my favorite characters in it.  My favorite Digimon is Garurumon as well, but I also used to love Angemon and Angewomon as well as Gatomon.  I am a bit of a purist and like the original the best, but I like the other Seasons too.  

It's rare to see a fellow Frontier fan. Never understood why it got so much hate. 

Favorite Digimon would have to be Patamon. 

Can't remember what the price was but it did cost me a pretty penny

7qlI5eG.jpg

Edited by tobuShogi

I liked it, just never got into it thanks to Pachimans. I owned the movie with…Kairumon? Some weird name like that for the antagonist, who then digivolved into Infamon if I remember hearing it right(some weird six-legged spider thing with a cannon in his mouth, looked bad-a as heck), then again into some other guy then died because Omnimon, and then the other half was some rabbit possessed by some sentient computer virus and there were Supersaiyanmon Gold Armor things.

I did play some game for it on the GameCube long ago, never could remember what it was called, and I liked the little purple fox thing and the red lizard thing - Guilmon and Dorumon, I think? Anyways, the purple one had katana if I remember right, and the red one shanked people with knives, so they were cool.

7 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

It's rare to see a fellow Frontier fan. Never understood why it got so much hate. 

Favorite Digimon would have to be Patamon. 

Can't remember what the price was but it did cost me a pretty penny

Reveal hidden contents

7qlI5eG.jpg

That's such a cool pillow! Was it from Red Bubble?

I love Digimon! I am the most familiar with Adventure 1 and 2. But I think I've seen a little bit of Tamers and Frontier? They were fine from what I remember, but I just never took the time to watch them. It's really hard to pick a favorite Digimon, but I think if I'm going to pick a favorite line then I will pick Gatomon and her line. I like the designs for Angewomon and Nefertimon. I also like the game Digimon World for the PlayStation 1, it's one of my favorite games of all time.

22 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I liked it, just never got into it thanks to Pachimans. I owned the movie with…Kairumon? Some weird name like that for the antagonist, who then digivolved into Infamon if I remember hearing it right(some weird six-legged spider thing with a cannon in his mouth, looked bad-a as heck), then again into some other guy then died because Omnimon, and then the other half was some rabbit possessed by some sentient computer virus and there were Supersaiyanmon Gold Armor things.

I did play some game for it on the GameCube long ago, never could remember what it was called, and I liked the little purple fox thing and the red lizard thing - Guilmon and Dorumon, I think? Anyways, the purple one had katana if I remember right, and the red one shanked people with knives, so they were cool.

That sounds like Digimon The Movie. Apparently 40+ minutes of footage was cut to save time since it was taken from the first 3 Digimon movies. Might have to watch the Japanese version now that I know that.

I never played the Digimon games except for that Gameboy game my mom got for me when I was really little. All I can remember is that I couldn't get pass initial the forest part of the game.

I liked Renamon(purple fox digimon) as Rika's partner. She pushed Rika in her own way. As for the katana, you might be thinking of Sakuyamon(her mega form)'s staff. I didn't really like Guilmon's ultimate form but his mega(Gallantmon) was cool. I like the spiky ears as a call back to his child stage. 

21 hours ago, Ronnie said:

That's such a cool pillow! Was it from Red Bubble?

Yep! That's why it was expensive...  Kinda wish they put Seraphimon(I mean he is but only part of this golden wings are) on there too but I'll take what I can get. 

Edited by tobuShogi

Watched 1, 2 and the one with Renamon (3?), but I was very young and I couldn't watch it most of the time because it conflicted with my school schedule. It's on my list for a complete rewatch before I jump to Tri. I also read the manga (the one with Taichi and Zero), which has nothing to do with the anime but is still good.

I know Digimon more from the games than the animes. In particular, I loved Rumble Arena (not 2) and Digimon World 3, found Digimon World's concept interesting but unpractical and boring, loved Digimon World DS until it got to a very grind heavy part which made me drop it (that's the problem I have with Dusk/Dawn as well). I couldn't play the PSVita/PS4 one because I lack a console and the PSP one because of No Localization For You, but they're in my list.

My favorite is probably Imperialdramon (+ Paladin Mode too). If I were to make a tier list, I'd put Veemon (and anything he turns into) > Renamon (not very fond of Kyuubimon, but the rest is fine) > Galantmon/Dukemon > Angelmon > Terriermon.

Edited by Rapier

Yeah, Renamon was in the third anime. Tamers was quite dark for an anime aimed towards kids. Of all of the Digimon anime, I've only watched Adventure 1 & 2(Sub & Dub), Tamers, Frontier more than once. If I had to pick one I didn't really like, it would have to be Data Squad. There's just something about it. From what I can remember, Damon wasn't that interesting of a main character and the the two mains didn't really shine either.