NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Lord Raven said:

Suggs also had a ball in his hands that Ben threw, but he dropped the pick. He was also all over the run game, unfortunately he can't cover wide receivers.

I know, I mentioned that almost-pick. And yeah, for some reason, your defense is the only one we can't run Bell well against...except if he's down the field a bit, apparently. :P

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots are struggling a bit against the Dolphins here- Miami has been a tough place to play for them. If they lose to the Dolphins here and the Steelers next week and the Jaguars win out, we can take the #2 seed from them instead.

Wow, I'll be amazed if the Dolphins actually manage to win and help us! The Patriots had a bad start vs the Bills too though, so can't get comfortable yet. But I guess they just don't like how much warmer it is there than Boston. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, this team has always had struggles in Miami. However, the offensive playcalling was abysmal, somehow even worse than the play of the offensive line and wide receivers tonight. Oh well. Next week still essentially decides home field advantage in the AFC. Can't say I'm confident about that match up

Wow, the Pats actually lost! WOW. Thanks, Dolphins! :D

And also, chococoke, the Steelers would still have the first seed even if they lost to the Pats next week because we have a better divisional record. Pats now have lost two division games while we've lost...zero!

But now I feel a bit more comfortable with these Steelers playing the Pats. But I only say a little bit because our D is still crap.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, chococoke said:

The initial tiebreaker is head to head matchup, Ana! Like you said, good thing the Steelers have home field for next week's showdown

But their records are no longer tied? They would tie again if the Steelers lost, but then like I said, the Steelers maintain first seed anyway in that case because of their divisional record being better. I don't understand what you're trying to say...

But yeah, glad we have home field. We've never beaten the Patriots in Boston.

If the Patriots win next week they'll have the same record as the Steelers. But the Patriots willĀ have the 1 seed because the tiebreaker is the winner of the regular season match up. So if both teams win out from that point forward, Patriots are the 1 seed and Steelers would be #2

10 hours ago, chococoke said:

If the Patriots win next week they'll have the same record as the Steelers. But the Patriots willĀ have the 1 seed because the tiebreaker is the winner of the regular season match up. So if both teams win out from that point forward, Patriots are the 1 seed and Steelers would be #2

No, because when the Steelers and Patriots had the same record before, the Steelers had the no. 1 seed due to having a better divisional record. That wouldn't just suddenly change.

Also, Slumber, no. D: Florida's awesome. And if it was gone, the Dolphins wouldn't have a home!

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

No, because when the Steelers and Patriots had the same record before, the Steelers had the no. 1 seed due to having a better divisional record. That wouldn't just suddenly change.

And that was... what, 2004?

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Next time you flatly dispute what I'm saying, you could do a LITTLE research... ;)

Edited by chococoke

1 minute ago, chococoke said:

And that was... what, 2004?

...Uh, no. I'm talking about this season. For weeks, the Steelers and Pats both had the same record because they both kept winning, and yet we retained the 1st seed. How about you do your research? I did mine, thanks.

Edited by Anacybele

:facepalm:

Clearly this needs to be spelled out for you. The Steelers have had the #1 seed to this point because they haven't played the Patriots yet. Once those teams play, the winner of that match up will own the tiebreaker. Did you even read what I posted? I'm gonna assume no, so let me help you out:

"To determine home-field priority among Division titleists, apply Wild Card tiebreakers"

Now, Ana, can you click the link and read the #1 Wild Card tiebreaker out loud to the class?

Ā 

lol Belichick thinks he already has us in his pocket. He said "give me a break" when asked about us. Keep saying that, dude. Not saying we'll win, but you shouldn't take us for granted at all.

1 hour ago, chococoke said:

Uh, really? Can you tell us what the question actuallyĀ was or are you gonna just post a vague quote with no context at all?

Sure. The question was "are you thinking about the Steelers right now?" I believe, and all Belichick answered with was "Give me a break." It was during his press conference after losing to the 'Phins.

As for your link, I just can't be bothered right now, I have better things to do.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure. The question was "are you thinking about the Steelers right now?" I believe, and all Belichick answered with was "Give me a break." It was during his press conference after losing to the 'Phins.

He tends to answer dumb questions with a dumb answer, as they always deserve. What's he going to say? "Of course I've never thought about the Steelers, I don't know how prepared we'llĀ be for the game." It's also funnier than "Yes."

This guy absolutely hates sports media. This is the guy who responded to a home blowout loss with "We're on to Cincinnati" repeatedly.

Belichick takes every single game extremely seriously. Belichick after a loss is an extremely tough Belichick to take down. This team hasn't had a two game losing streak since 2012 for good reason.

Edited by Lord Raven

6 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

He tends to answer dumb questions with a dumb answer, as they always deserve. What's he going to say? "Of course I've never thought about the Steelers, I don't know how prepared we'llĀ be for the game." It's also funnier than "Yes."

This guy absolutely hates sports media. This is the guy who responded to a home blowout loss with "We're on to Cincinnati" repeatedly.

Belichick takes every single game extremely seriously. Belichick after a loss is an extremely tough Belichick to take down. This team hasn't had a two game losing streak since 2012 for good reason.

Heh, okay, I guess that makes a bit more sense. We'll see what happens next Sunday though!

He responded that way because it was a postgame presser. So he clearly only wanted to talk about the Dolphins game. I guarantee you Bill isn't glossing over this game. Especially since it decides home field advantage in the AFC

EDIT: you have better things to do thanĀ admitĀ you were wrong? Yeah okay. Never change, Ana

Edited by chococoke

1 hour ago, chococoke said:

you have better things to do thanĀ admitĀ you were wrong? Yeah okay. Never change, Ana

I didn't say that. I said I have better things to do than click on links I don't care to click. And I can't admit that I'm wrong if I know I'm right. Which I know I am.

Anyway, Steelers fans and Penguins fans ranked the best fanbase of their respective leagues! Wow! :D I knew we had great fans here in the Burgh, but I never expected this. What an honor!

Source: https://fansided.com/fandom250/page/10/?view=grid

Online though, our fans still tend to piss me off... So we definitely need improvement there.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, chococoke said:

you know you're right? LOL oooookay, like I said I hope you never changeĀ 

Hey, if I do happen to find out I'm wrong some other time in the future, I'll admit it. I CAN admit it when I'm wrong, you know.

I mean, I posted the link to the NFL's official tiebreakers page, so you can find out for yourself pretty easily. Either way,Ā you don't need to apologize. I'm pretty sure you're the only one in this thread who doesn't knowĀ that head-to-head matchup is the first tiebreaker when determining playoff seeding.

2 hours ago, chococoke said:

I mean, I posted the link to the NFL's official tiebreakers page, so you can find out for yourself pretty easily. Either way,Ā you don't need to apologize. I'm pretty sure you're the only one in this thread who doesn't knowĀ that head-to-head matchup is the first tiebreaker when determining playoff seeding.

Well isnā€™t it head to head win percent? I think thatā€™s what they use when theyā€™re figuring out 3 team tiebreakers.

They had to invoke it in 2015 anyway, which is how Denver was the 1 seed over Cincinnati and New England when they were all 12-4 (Patriots were 1-1 and Bengals were 0-1, so the incongruency is determined by percent). (This is also great because those were OT games that Denver won ā€” if they had lost any of those games then there was a chance theyā€™d be out of the playoffs, which I still find hilarious).