NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

Oh, now I see what was being said before, I think. I believe I was confused then which is why I still believed I was right. So yeah, admitting I was wrong here. But even if I was right, I still would think it's in the Steelers' best interest to win this week to be in a more comfortable spot.

But let's PLEASE clinch home field and the 1st seed, otherwise we risk once again having to march into Boston...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, chococoke said:

The Patriots play in Foxboro. And honestly, in a vacuum, I don't think it's all that tough of a place to play for visiting teams

Well yeah it's not Seattle or Kansas City where the crowd is a big factor. Heck I remember that one season a few years ago when those two cities competed for the loudest crowd world record.

4 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

Well isn’t it head to head win percent? I think that’s what they use when they’re figuring out 3 team tiebreakers.

They had to invoke it in 2015 anyway, which is how Denver was the 1 seed over Cincinnati and New England when they were all 12-4 (Patriots were 1-1 and Bengals were 0-1, so the incongruency is determined by percent). (This is also great because those were OT games that Denver won — if they had lost any of those games then there was a chance they’d be out of the playoffs, which I still find hilarious).

I don't think it's head to head win percentage so much as Denver beating both of the teams they were tied with. If the Broncos hadn't played the Bengals for instance, it would have reverted to the conference record tiebreaker.

Take the 2014 NFL playoffs for instance- Dallas, Green Bay, and Seattle were all tied at 12-4. The Cowboys beat the Seahawks and the Seahawks beat the Packers. The Cowboys weren't the #1 seed because they didn't play the Packers, so H2H couldn't be used (the Seahawks played both teams, but split with them).

Edited by -Cynthia-

2 hours ago, chococoke said:

The Patriots play in Foxboro. And honestly, in a vacuum, I don't think it's all that tough of a place to play for visiting teams

Isn't that just the name of their stadium, which is in Boston? Also, you're a Patriots fan, I'd think you'd know very well that they rarely lose at home and that the Steelers have never beaten them there, at least as far as I know.

Edited by Anacybele

Nah, I wish they played in Boston. Would make getting to games a hell of a lot easier for me. They play in Foxboro, Mass. 

recently the patriots haven't been unbeatable at home. They lost their first 2 out of their first 3 home games (and should've lost all 3) the crowd certainly isn't competing for world records, but it isn't really a factor, either.

Edited by chococoke

9 hours ago, chococoke said:

Nah, I wish they played in Boston. Would make getting to games a hell of a lot easier for me. They play in Foxboro, Mass. 

recently the patriots haven't been unbeatable at home. They lost their first 2 out of their first 3 home games (and should've lost all 3) the crowd certainly isn't competing for world records, but it isn't really a factor, either.

Oh, I see.

Yeah, well, I'm just not confident in our odds of winning there...

I had my doubts about this matchup before I realized how injured the Patriots were. Missing 3 key starters in the front 7 is going to hurt big time, especially when attempting to stop LeVeon Bell. I think the Patriots will devote most of the defensive attention to Antonio Brown and let Bell run wild between the 20's. He might pile up 200 yards but I expect more of the same boring defense that prevents the big play and aims to allow field goals only.

Of course, the Steelers have the talent to rip off many big plays. We shall see

Wow, FUCK YOU, PATRIOTS.

I guess the only way you think you'll beat us is by injuring our top players!

Ben tweaked his hamstring on a hit and now AB's ankle is messed up! FUCK you!

I think our chances just spiked to hell...

6 minutes ago, chococoke said:

Oh yeah, I'm sure the Patriots intentionally caused all those injuries. It's still a tie game, anyway, so what are you freaking out about?

Wouldn't you freak out if Brady and Gronk got injured that fast?

Also, AB has never been hurt except for:

1. A hit from the obviously dirty as hell Vontaze Burfict.

2. And today against the Patriots who already had injured at least one of our top players before in recent times and we're the only team that posed a real threat to them in the playoffs. Remember how fast you took out Bell last year? Your team is dirty!

The chances of AB being hurt by someone not dirty has been practically zero so far, so the chances of that having not just been a dirty blow are low.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we keep winding up so injured against you lately!

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, chococoke said:

I wouldn't accuse the other team of intentionally injuring Gronk or Brady if either of them was injured. Please stop being ridiculous 

Well, then explain this last play where one of your guys just tried to crush Ben's throwing hand under his helmet! Three injury hits in just the first half, all to our two best players? That sounds dirty to me, I'm sorry.

Even if the hit is actually legal, it doesn't mean there was no intention of injuring.

5 minutes ago, -Cynthia- said:

Unfortunate what happened to AB, but didn't look like a dirty hit to me. Doesn't sound like it's super serious though.

Yeah, thankfully they say it's just a calf injury so far and no broken bones. But I still don't like this. We're deep as hell at WR, but AB is part of the reason our other receivers do well. He grabs so much attention that the others get chances to make plays. And the offense is so used to having him since he's almost never been hurt. So not having him is a bigger blow than it might seem like.

Yeah, you're right. I actually listened to Patriots talk radio all week and they said the gameplan was to injure the Steelers offense as much as possible. Doesn't look like it's working so far...

Edited by chococoke

Just now, chococoke said:

Yeah, you're right. I actually listen the Patriots talk radio all week and they said the gameplan was to injure the Steelers offense as much as possible. Doesn't look like it's working so far...

Okay, now you're just exaggerating my words. I know coaches don't do THAT.

But it looks like I might be wrong and our offense CAN function without AB. That one-handed TD catch was SICK! Martavis Bryant, holy shit. Ben looks like he's feeling better after those hits too. Glad to see that. So I feel a little better. But I still miss AB. I have his jersey, ya know... He's my favorite. To see him get hurt is just... ;_;

From what I've seen so far, it's the type of injury that looks worse than it is. He shouldn't need more than a few weeks rest, if that much.

of course, if the Patriots can't win while AB misses more than half the game, I'll officially be scared

I just really want him back for the playoffs mostly, because I'm tired of going into the playoffs injured! It's mostly what's been hurting us these past few seasons. We were without Bell going in twice, AB was taken out by that asshat Burfict in a wild card game, and Bell got hurt last year...

We'll be without Shazier, but we've managed better with defensive injuries than offensive ones since our offense is where we're super good at.