Anacybele

NFL 2017-2018 Season - Carson Wentz tears ACL for sad blow to the Eagles, Steelers sweep Ravens and lock up the North in epic fashion!

Oh, now I see what was being said before, I think. I believe I was confused then which is why I still believed I was right. So yeah, admitting I was wrong here. But even if I was right, I still would think it's in the Steelers' best interest to win this week to be in a more comfortable spot.

But let's PLEASE clinch home field and the 1st seed, otherwise we risk once again having to march into Boston...

Edited by Anacybele

The Patriots play in Foxboro. And honestly, in a vacuum, I don't think it's all that tough of a place to play for visiting teams

6 minutes ago, chococoke said:

The Patriots play in Foxboro. And honestly, in a vacuum, I don't think it's all that tough of a place to play for visiting teams

Well yeah it's not Seattle or Kansas City where the crowd is a big factor. Heck I remember that one season a few years ago when those two cities competed for the loudest crowd world record.

4 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

Well isn’t it head to head win percent? I think that’s what they use when they’re figuring out 3 team tiebreakers.

They had to invoke it in 2015 anyway, which is how Denver was the 1 seed over Cincinnati and New England when they were all 12-4 (Patriots were 1-1 and Bengals were 0-1, so the incongruency is determined by percent). (This is also great because those were OT games that Denver won — if they had lost any of those games then there was a chance they’d be out of the playoffs, which I still find hilarious).

I don't think it's head to head win percentage so much as Denver beating both of the teams they were tied with. If the Broncos hadn't played the Bengals for instance, it would have reverted to the conference record tiebreaker.

Take the 2014 NFL playoffs for instance- Dallas, Green Bay, and Seattle were all tied at 12-4. The Cowboys beat the Seahawks and the Seahawks beat the Packers. The Cowboys weren't the #1 seed because they didn't play the Packers, so H2H couldn't be used (the Seahawks played both teams, but split with them).

Edited by -Cynthia-

2 hours ago, chococoke said:

Isn't that just the name of their stadium, which is in Boston? Also, you're a Patriots fan, I'd think you'd know very well that they rarely lose at home and that the Steelers have never beaten them there, at least as far as I know.

Edited by Anacybele

Nah, I wish they played in Boston. Would make getting to games a hell of a lot easier for me. They play in Foxboro, Mass. 

recently the patriots haven't been unbeatable at home. They lost their first 2 out of their first 3 home games (and should've lost all 3) the crowd certainly isn't competing for world records, but it isn't really a factor, either.

Edited by chococoke

9 hours ago, chococoke said:

Nah, I wish they played in Boston. Would make getting to games a hell of a lot easier for me. They play in Foxboro, Mass. 

recently the patriots haven't been unbeatable at home. They lost their first 2 out of their first 3 home games (and should've lost all 3) the crowd certainly isn't competing for world records, but it isn't really a factor, either.

Oh, I see.

Yeah, well, I'm just not confident in our odds of winning there...