NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers is always bad, honestly...

He deserves so much better than the Packers. I honestly can't believe they've put themselves in another Brett Favre situation.

It blows my mind that they've been a pretty mediocre franchise(Or worse) for 20 years now, constantly banking on getting all-time best QBs to fall into their lap.

It's such a... stark contrast to the Vikings right now. Keenum's doing great, but he wouldn't be doing nearly as well if the rest of the team wasn't there to play up to his level. This is the second season in a row where the Vikings have taken a joke of a QB and turned him into one of the best in the league, though Bradford's time in the limelight was shorter lived than Keenum at this point.

Edited by Slumber

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We beat the Bills 54-24, 31 points from turnovers. 

Peterman threw 5 fucking picks. 

But, McDermott said in his presser today, that he's still gonna consider having Peterman start.

u focking wot m8. Tyrod is an average QB, and won't lose you a fucking game. That's better than most teams, yet you're going to start a 5th round rookie over him. Even though, Tyrod has led you to 5-4 prior to this game. You only put him back in there to lose the game, and got you 17 points that Peterman can't make.

How do you even consider benching Tyrod Taylor after that performance. It kind of baffles me. 

Yeah, the Bills are baffling in how badly they're run- when you have the wildcard spot you don't start a dude who's clearly not ready to play QB. The Dareus trade also appears to have made a huge difference to their run D- luckily to the Jags' benefit.

Bills:
5 games with Marcell Dareus: 79.2 rush yards allowed per game
4 games w/o Dareus: 164.25 ypg

Jags:
2 games with Dareus: 58 ypg
7 games w/o: 138.57 ypg

That's before this weekend.
The Chargers gained 146 yards on the ground vs. Buffalo on 35 carries.
The Browns gained 50 yards on 18 carries vs. Jacksonville.

Probably worth a sixth round pick there. 

Edited by -Cynthia-

Jags have one of the best defenses in the league right now. Not surprised to see anyone gain little on them. xP I think the only squads capable of getting a decent amount of points on them are the Steelers (when the offense is clicking like late in the Titans game, that first matchup with the Jags was a bit of a fluke at this point, I'd say) and the Patriots.

Edited by Anacybele

@Cynthia how are you feeling

i would just like to voice that it is criminal that the ravens have a 74% chance of making the playoffs while two teams out of detroit, minnesota, new orleans, atlanta, carolina, los angeles, and seattle will miss the playoffs

this ravens team is kinda hilarious to watch but once tom brady retires it's a wrap for the afc

5 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

@Cynthia how are you feeling

i would just like to voice that it is criminal that the ravens have a 74% chance of making the playoffs while two teams out of detroit, minnesota, new orleans, atlanta, carolina, los angeles, and seattle will miss the playoffs

this ravens team is kinda hilarious to watch but once tom brady retires it's a wrap for the afc

I'm feeling pretty awesome about this season. Great chance to make the playoffs and maybe even win a game or two. I'd almost forgotten what it feels like to not suck.

Ravens would face the Jags if the playoffs started today and I'd have to say I feel pretty good about that matchup given on what I've seen so far this season. Would be even nicer if we could nab the #2 seed from the Steelers/Pats though...

I will facepalm if Artie Burns and Eli Rogers single-handedly lose this game for us... Seriously, Burns is the only reason the Packers have points right now. He took a penalty and then blew coverage when we would've otherwise made them punt...

And Eli Rogers causes Ben to throw a pick. :/

Otherwise, we're doing really good, Boswell just needs to stop his weirdness that is missing extra points. I don't know why, but when he misses, it's almost always an extra point. Just...why? :(

Two words.

AB.

BOZ.

THAT GAME WINNING FG!! Boswell even tied a record for the longest FG kicked in Heinz Field! IN BOZ WE TRUST. HE IS A KILLER B, BABY.

Also, we beat both the Packers and the refs today. There were a lot of crappy calls and bad non-calls.

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, honest question:

Why does the AFC suck so much?

The Patriots and the Steelers are far and away the best teams in the whole conference, and they have RIDICULOUSLY easy schedules(The Patriots schedule is straight up a joke. They play some of the worst teams multiple times on the road, paving the way for their only hurdles to be home games where they have the advantage by default).

The fact that teams in the NFC have generally more difficult schedules(Gonna yank the Vikings some more, but seriously, go look at their schedule and compare it to the Patriots'. It's a joke.) and teams that will likely go either 12-4 or 11-5 and STILL have to fight for a Wild Card pick is ridiculous. It's looking like the teams that get the Wild Cards in the AFC will probably go 9-7 or worse by comparison.

Edited by Slumber

Probably a combination of injuries, lack of talent in some places, and not so great coaching. That's all I can say. I really don't know for sure. But yeah, everybody in the AFC is average or below except for the Steelers and Pats. They play each other in week 15, this'll be interesting to see! I just hope our guys get healthy again in time for it. I don't think Joe Haden will be back though. Which sucks, because he's the biggest loss right now. He alone made a difference in our secondary since you can see how bad it got again with him out... They gave up three big plays to the Packers. :/

Man, I really wish the Packers would have lost that game. Though "Barely beat the Buccaneers in OT" isn't exactly a sterling achievement. 

But the Vikings won a very tough game, so I can't be too down. They pretty much locked the top spot of the division. Even if they completely collapse, it'd take a miracle for anyone else to take it from them. 

Edited by Slumber

Man, where did these Ravens come from all of a sudden? First half the season they looked pretty bad, now all of a sudden they're putting up a lot of points and winning every game. I mean, I know the AFC North generally has an easy schedule this season, but still. xP

Good thing for the Burgh the Steelers are still keepin' on. We SHOULD win the rest of our schedule save for maybe the Patriots, and even that is doable. The Pats' D is ranked like 30th. lol Our offense theoretically should massacre them (not to mention the Bills kinda made the Pats in general look a bit vulnerable). It'd come down to whether or not our D can keep from fudging things up. Without Joe Haden, our secondary is kind of back to being poop. -_- He shut down a good chunk of the field.

Right now though, we gotta sweep the Bengals. This is something we've been doing the past like two or three years, so there's no excuse to lose tomorrow night, bad secondary or not!

Edited by Anacybele

Tennessee has an easy schedule until Christmas Eve. Arizona is pretty bad, and San Francisco is downright pathetic. The Rams are top of their division, and Jacksonville will want to rectify their loss to us from September, and right now they rival us in record. Let's hope Tennessee enters the New Year in the playoffs.

I gotta change the thread title now. lol But the Eagles are vulnerable after all, sweet. XD I still would like a Pennsylvania Super Bowl though, that'd be fun. Steelers vs Eagles!

I think I'll go make a joke about Brady and Gronk acting like babies in that Bills matchup. Brady got into a pissing contest with someone and Gronk just randomly and purposely delivered a big late hit on some other dude that picked Brady off, and it looks to me like it was out of anger, so they both kinda had tantrums. lol

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I gotta change the thread title now. lol But the Eagles are vulnerable after all, sweet. XD I still would like a Pennsylvania Super Bowl though, that'd be fun. Steelers vs Eagles!

I think I'll go make a joke about Brady and Gronk acting like babies in that Bills matchup. Brady got into a pissing contest with someone and Gronk just randomly and purposely delivered a big late hit on some other dude that picked Brady off, and it looks to me like it was out of anger, so they both kinda had tantrums. lol

Gronk really needs to be suspended for a few games.

The NFL can't say they're trying to fight head injuries and then let a player deliberately drop an elbow on another player's neck/head and walk away with a penalty that didn't matter.

When you're pissed off at the calls the refs are making(Or lack of a call in this case), you don't fucking drop on a downed player like that. "I was frustrated" is not an excuse. You're a 6'6", nearly 30 year old man. Act like it.

Edited by Slumber

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Gronk really needs to be suspended for a few games.

The ESPN can't say they're trying to fight head injuries and then let a player deliberately drop an elbow on another player's neck/head and walk away with a penalty that didn't matter.

Yeah, and given their history, the Pats really don't have a right to act like that all because of one bad play. xP I just love laughing at them since I dislike them so much. lol

Also, I'll take a Gronk suspension for three or so games! Means he wouldn't be able to play us!

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and given their history, the Pats really don't have a right to act like that all because of one bad play. xP I just love laughing at them since I dislike them so much. lol

I've hated the Pats for as long as I've really kept up with football. Which has pretty much just been since I was 16 or so. The only team I can say I dislike more than the Packers. The Packers thing is mostly just a silly home rivalry thing that I've been conditioned to since I was like, in the 4th grade. The Pats I don't like for ethical and personal reasons.

I don't like Brady. I hate Belichick. I hate their dumb logo. I don't like how the NFL pretty much always plays favorites with them.

I rooted for the Ravens with Ray "I Helped Kill Two Men" Lewis on the squad when they knocked the Patriots out of Superbowl contention in the 2012 season. It hurt to do that, but dammit, they stopped me from seeing Tom Brady's stupid grin and Belichick's lemon face in the Superbowl for another year.

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Slumber said:

I've hated the Pats for as long as I've really kept up with football. Which has pretty much just been since I was 16 or so. The only team I can say I dislike more than the Packers. The Packers thing is mostly just a silly home rivalry thing that I've been conditioned to since I was like, in the 4th grade. The Pats I don't like for ethical and personal reasons.

I don't like Brady. I hate Belichick. I don't like how the NFL pretty much always plays favorites with them.

I rooted for the Ravens with Ray "I Helped Kill Two Men" Lewis on the squad when they knocked the Patriots out of Superbowl contention in the 2012 season. It hurt to do that, but dammit, they stopped me from seeing Tom Brady's stupid face and Belichick's toothless grin in the Superbowl for another year.

Yeah, I'm a Ravens hater mainly because of our rivalry too, and I got tired of losing to them a lot, especially in Baltimore. Now we've started kicking their asses more again and it feels good after several years of embarrassment. xP Especially that Christmas showdown last year! OMG.

Yeah, I actually sided with the Ravens that time too. Because I do hate the Patriots more. I hate the Patriots and Cowboys most. Most Steelers fans hate both of those teams though. lol

I don't like the Packers much, but since my younger brother liked them a lot and I respect Aaron Rodgers, I can't hate them. My brother died two years ago, so I sometimes root for the Packers for him.

9 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I rooted for the Ravens with Ray "I Helped Kill Two Men" Lewis on the squad when they knocked the Patriots out of Superbowl contention in the 2012 season. It hurt to do that, but dammit, they stopped me from seeing Tom Brady's stupid grin and Belichick's lemon face in the Superbowl for another year.

obstruction of justice in a self-defense trial

come on bruh

besides joe flacco knows how to eat W's

https://imgur.com/ifRp05w