NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

Oh boy. As enjoyable as the Seahawks/Jaguars game was, the ending  reminded me just how much I dislike the Seahawks. Say what you will about my team last week but man these guys are the epitome of poor sports with instigating fights like that. Reminds me of the time when they  got into a fight my Pats during the Super Bowl a couple years back. Grow up and take a loss you turkeys.

On a side note, despite me considering the Steelers my biggest adversary, I hope they do well against the Ravens, particularly Antonio Brown since he’s on my fantasy team.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That game against the Seahawks was crazy. Defensive first half as expected, then we get a big lead and almost blow it followed by that ugly end. Yeah, the Jags fans were in the wrong by throwing things at the ejected Seahawks players, but the Seahawks were attacking Jaguars players in victory formation- including 'Man of the Year' nominee Michael Bennett. Hope the league comes down hard and hands out some suspensions.

FLACCO GOT PICKED OFF ALREADY OMG WOW LOL

Sean Davis with the INT! This just might be like the Titans game! Oh would that be sweet right now.

Also, awesome for the Jags taking out the stupid 'hawks. I like the Jags way more than them.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Go Panthers! Snapping a winning streak as long as the one the Vikings had is damn impressive. Sorry, Slumber, but the Panthers are my second favorite team after the Steelers, so... :P

I realized the Steelers can clinch the North tonight! They blow that, that's pretty sad. They gotta do it not only to win the North again, but to keep up with the damn Patriots. Can't count on the Dolphins to beat them for us at all. :/

I knew going in that the Panthers was going to be an uphill battle.

The decision to overturn Thielen's TD before halftime kinda set the tone for the whole game.

Oh well. The one week as the top team in the NFC was nice. I just wish the Browns didn't Brown it up in the second half of that game. Being able to give Cheeseheads endless shit for losing to the Browns would have made up for a Vikings loss.

Not that being forced into overtime against the Browns is much better. Literally as close as you can get to losing without losing.

Edited by Slumber

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I knew going in that the Panthers was going to be an uphill battle.

The decision to overturn Thielen's TD before halftime kinda set the tone for the whole game.

Oh well. The one week as the top team in the NFC was nice. I just wish the Browns didn't Brown it up in the second half of that game. Being able to give Cheeseheads endless shit for losing to the Browns would have made up for a Vikings loss.

Not that being forced into overtime against the Browns is much better. Literally as close as you can get to losing without losing.

Well, I think it was a legit overturn, he bobbled the ball going down and didn't fully complete the catch.

I kinda hoped the Packers would lose, but it doesn't bother me much. :P

...Aaand, AB might've gotten away with one. I'm not sure both his feet were in bounds on that one catch. On the other hand though, that PI on the Ravens in the endzone was legit. Martavis Bryant's feet got tangled with the defender's and it tripped him while the ball was coming to him.

14-zip Steelers. :awesome:

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well, I think it was a legit overturn, he bobbled the ball going down and didn't fully complete the catch.

I kinda hoped the Packers would lose, but it doesn't bother me much. :P

...Aaand, AB might've gotten away with one. I'm not sure both his feet were in bounds on that one catch. On the other hand though, that PI on the Ravens in the endzone was legit. Martavis Bryant's feet got tangled with the defender's and it tripped him while the ball was coming to him.

Yeah, it was a legit overturn, but it would have changed the game if the Vikings went into the second half ahead. Instead, they played catch up for the rest of the game, which bit them in the ass in the last 3 minutes and the Panthers managed to take the lead.

12 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, it was a legit overturn, but it would have changed the game if the Vikings went into the second half ahead. Instead, they played catch up for the rest of the game, which bit them in the ass in the last 3 minutes and the Panthers managed to take the lead.

Yeah, probably true.

Fuck, now some Raven shithead took out Bell's knee. If we lose him for the Pats game, that SUCKS. ;_;

This has been a bad day for injuries. Bell's the second big name to get injured today.

Wentz is going to be out for the whole season, though. Hopefully Bell can recover. Football's always more fun when teams play at their best.

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

This has been a bad day for injuries. Bell's the second big name to get injured today.

Wentz is going to be out for the whole season, though. Hopefully Bell can recover. Football's always more fun when teams play at their best.

Yeah, I hope Bell is fine. We need as many offensive weapons as possible for game against the Pats next week.

Also, our D forgot how to tackle all of a sudden. Though I don't know how that RB managed to stay in bounds being hit that hard.

...Wow, I knew our defense would be worse without Shazier and Haden, but not utter shit like this. And in such an important game too. God the injuries were so ill-timed.

We're not winning a Super Bowl like this. Too many injuries, and they make an average offense like the Ravens look like the Patriots. I don't think I'll even watch next week's game. Tom Brady is probably just going to throw a deep TD every time.

Edited by Anacybele

The Ravens did look better on offense last week against the Lions, but yeah the Steelers are looking pretty vulnerable on defense right now. I might have to cheer for the Patriots next week since the Jaguars can steal the #2 seed from the Steelers if they lose tonight and next week...

where is our defense? seriously can baltimore have three good units in a game and not just two?

offense needs to keep taking kill shots because our defense can't be trusted

also cynthia our run game is eons better this game, our pass game was better last week

EDIT: Also the Jags need to end the season 1-2 and the Titans need to end 2-1 or worse and we need to win out and pittsburgh needs to drop games against us, cleveland, and new england for us to get the 2 seed, hilariously enough

game's not over yet; these assholes are good at catching us from behind

Edited by Lord Raven

15 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

where is our defense? seriously can baltimore have three good units in a game and not just two?

offense needs to keep taking kill shots because our defense can't be trusted

also cynthia our run game is eons better this game, our pass game was better last week

Your run game is just good right now because our guys can't fucking tackle.

Also, wtf is with these refs? I saw two more missed PI calls that should've gone against the Ravens (especially this last play, would've been a Bell TD without the blatant interference), and then a BS personal foul on AB when Humphrey was going after HIM, not the other way around. AB was just defending himself.

First our defense sucks, now the refs are against us. Still, it seems like this happens every season, the injury bug hitting us where it really hurts right when we've got important games and a chance to clinch big.

Edited by Anacybele

I hope we don't lose to the 49ers, because that should be open and shut. Arizona still has the chance to go 9-7, but San Francisco sucks. Then we face LA, which is ahead of us, and finally Jacksonville New Years Eve, our only real division competition.

7 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I hope we don't lose to the 49ers, because that should be open and shut. Arizona still has the chance to go 9-7, but San Francisco sucks. Then we face LA, which is ahead of us, and finally Jacksonville New Years Eve, our only real division competition.

Niners have been looking better with Garoppolo. If we beat the Texans and Niners and the Titans lose to the Niners or Rams, we clinch the division regardless of what happens Week 17. 

My fucking god. Can this defense even stop getting PI calls? And can we actually take advantage of the ones the Ravens are finally getting?

Tomlin is doing everything he can too. He's yelling at our whole defense. But they just don't listen. And they seem too slow. Can't catch anyone at all.

Screw this season, man. It was going great, but we're too injured now and the refs are blowing a lot of calls too.

Edited by Anacybele

And now Vance McDonald is hurt. Man, fuck these injuries! We need to get rid of these people and actually sign good players that can stay healthy. We'll never win SBs again if everyone just keeps getting hurt! We're not even an old team anymore. A vast majority of our guys are young.

Edited by Anacybele

OMFG HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT! WE WON!!

WE CAME BACK AND GOT THE NORTH AND THE FUCKING SWEEP FUCK YEAH WOOOOOO!! *fangirl scream*

I still don't like our odds against the Pats tho... :/

Edited by Anacybele

disappointing, kinda bs loss from the rams today. those birds shoulda been whooped :(

sad what happened to wentz as well.

sad loss for the raves as well--that shoulda been a win.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

i'm no longer pissed about that game since i had it penciled as a loss a few weeks ago and even at the start of the season; we put up 38 on a team with very little help from our defense (last week the offense put up 37 with some help and the defense put up 7) which is way better than any offense we've put out there this season. Flacco threw 9+ ypa and Collins ran 6+ ypa. In the playoffs we can iron this shit out because this team is night and day from two weeks ago for better or for worse, and we could potentially play the Steelers again in the playoffs and avoid the sweep.

our defense is really that bad without Jimmy Smith huh? But there were obvious coverage flaws that Brown kept going after and he could just plain outrun Brandon Carr. Shoulda put Humphrey on him; Humphrey was playing his ass off even if he was getting burned at points. If nothing else, our future at corner is not looking bad. Our gameplan was really awful, but I think we have the talent to shut down any of the offenses even without Jimmy Smith. But this team looks significantly better, even with worse defense, than the team that lost 26-9 early on in the season to the Steelers. We will make adjustments though, our defense is actually way too talented even without Jimmy Smith. Like we were basically shutting down Bell on the ground.

Win out and we make it, and vs Indy/@Cleveland/vs Cincy should be extremely doable. Flacco was balling and made a lot of risky ass throws that Wallace was bailing him out of in the worst case by blocking it down or in the best case catching it. Maclin's a fucking bum though. The reason why I don't care as much that some of our passes were accurate was because we just have been really shit with going deep or even 10+ yards in one pass up until last week.

Edited by Lord Raven

I was actually VERY surprised at a few things in that game myself.

1. Ben threw 509 fucking yards. And he's the first and only player in history to have three 500 yard games! Two of those now have come against the Ravens and their superb defense too. The last two times, I think the receivers played a major role, but this time, I'd say Ben deserves a bit more credit. He extended plays and avoided sacks and realized Bell could torch the D if he dunked it to him in the middle of the field. Going to AB down the field sometimes didn't hurt either. Big Ben is still Big Ben, baby. :D

2. We're the only 300+ yard passing team the Ravens allowed all season. Wow. Though with the AFC North's generally easy schedule and the Steelers' offense having generally been a freaking powerhouse the last several years, it's not REAL surprising, just kind of. :P

3. Suggs never touched Ben once. I was certain he'd get to him once or twice. Almost did get a pick, but he couldn't hang on and he still never sacked him, I believe. I mostly really like the protection Ben got in this game. Also, I just plain hate Suggs. He's the only Raven I have zero respect for (the jury is out on Wallace though, due to our history with him). He's dirty (remember when he tried to take out LeGarrette Blount's legs? Nobody disagreed that was dirty as fuck) and he has the gall to walk into our stadium acting all high and mighty like he fucking owns the place. Get that shit out of here. :/

4. The horrid officiating and of course...how bad our defense is without Ryan Shazier and Joe Haden. God do I miss them now. The refs made them look a bit worse than they really were due to one or two stupidass calls, but I'm still not sure we have a shot in hell of beating the Patriots.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, -Cynthia- said:

Suggs sacked Ben on the last drive. I thought that'd be the end of it, but Steelers managed to convert on 3rd and long.

Oh, well, still surprising that it took him that long to get to Ben even once. :P

Suggs also had a ball in his hands that Ben threw, but he dropped the pick. He was also all over the run game, unfortunately he can't cover wide receivers.

EDIT: also we had 3 sacks in that game, our sack percent was just really low due to Ben having 69 dropbacks.

Edited by Lord Raven