NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

2 hours ago, Randombobman said:

Yeah well he's about to get embarrassed by my Lions defense today. Patriots been making people look good all year and Cam is coming back to earth in detroit. 

*Looks at 24-10 score*

Uhhhhhhh, are you sure?

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Wow. I knew the Jags were a legit team this year, but how can the Steelers be THIS bad today? They were always at their best at home.

Todd Haley needs fucking fired though, that's for sure. A lot of his playcalling was horrible today and all year, honestly.

Jags D really is as good as I heard though.

Edited by Anacybele

I wasn't expecting this either, but our D has completely dominated every odd week this year. Still need more consistency but a very nice win.

As for the Steelers- some bad playcalling (run the ball on the Jags, stop throwing it at Ramsey) and bad decisions by Ben. Their run D is pretty suspect too, was a problem for them against the Bears as well.

Edited by -Cynthia-

4 hours ago, -Cynthia- said:

I wasn't expecting this either, but our D has completely dominated every odd week this year. Still need more consistency but a very nice win.

As for the Steelers- some bad playcalling (run the ball on the Jags, stop throwing it at Ramsey) and bad decisions by Ben. Their run D is pretty suspect too, was a problem for them against the Bears as well.

We were missing some key starters on the D vs the Bears, but yeah, you're pretty much spot on there. I don't know why Todd Haley is still the OC.

5 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Holy smokes, 5 interceptions by the Armpitts! What an awful day for them. 

Was that terminology really necessary? :/ You can dislike the Steelers, but...really.

Edited by Anacybele

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Was that terminology really necessary? :/ You can dislike the Steelers, but...really.

As someone who deals with constant shade and demeaning nicknames for my own team, I can’t say that I don’t have any remorse for the rare times I drop them myself. Granted, this isn’t a habit of mine and generally I don’t like getting into fights or trash talking, and since you didn’t like I won’t say it here now. 

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

As someone who deals with constant shade and demeaning nicknames for my own team, I can’t say that I don’t have any remorse for the rare times I drop them myself. Granted, this isn’t a habit of mine and generally I don’t like getting into fights or trash talking, and since you didn’t like I won’t say it here now. 

Yeah, I can't say that I don't call the Ravens things like "Ratbirds" at times myself. But I don't do that here because I know there are Ravens fans on this site (Lord Raven being the most notable to me). I only do that on stuff like FB and to myself. :P

So how about that Packers/Vikings game? Packers are probably gonna be severely crippled for the rest of the season. 

As much as I'm not a fan of the Packers, I hope Aaron Rodgers recovers. Broken collarbones can be near-career ending injuries for quarterbacks. He seems like a good dude, so even though he's the Packers' golden boy, and him not being around gives the Vikings a much better shot at playoffs, I really don't want this to impact his career in the long run. 

At least the Mountain leading the Skol chant and blowing the Gjallarhorn was cool as hell. And Bridgewater might be back in a few weeks, after nearly a season and a half out of the game. 

Edited by Slumber

Yeah, man, poor Rodgers. :( I respect that guy even though I don't like his team much. Though partly because my late younger brother was a Packers fan.

But on another note... WE CONTROL THE NORTH, BABY!!

We always owned the Chiefs' asses and we still do, but beating the only undefeated team and the highest scoring team in the league in their own house just feels SO damn good right now! And while we did running plays a majority of the time because dat Le'Veon Bell, but Ben played a very solid game. That INT wasn't his fault, AB even admitted it and said it was his own fault instead. The commentators also pointed that out. I knew Ben wasn't done yet! He's still got football left!

I do admit both teams got some lucky plays though. That AB TD holy shit. The Steelers still overall played better, but I give credit to Alex Smith for throwing a couple monkey wrenches. Our superb D just managed to hang in there.

Also, that safety the Chiefs handed us tho, OMG I'm STILL laughing.

And the Ravens lost to the Bears in OT, happy day for Pittsburgh. :awesome:

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, man, poor Rodgers. :( I respect that guy even though I don't like his team much. Though partly because my late younger brother was a Packers fan.

But on another note... WE CONTROL THE NORTH, BABY!!

We always owned the Chiefs' asses and we still do, but beating the only undefeated team and the highest scoring team in the league in their own house just feels SO damn good right now! And while we did running plays a majority of the time because dat Le'Veon Bell, but Ben played a very solid game. That INT wasn't his fault, AB even admitted it and said it was his own fault instead. The commentators also pointed that out. I knew Ben wasn't done yet! He's still got football left!

I do admit both teams got some lucky plays though. That AB TD holy shit. The Steelers still overall played better, but I give credit to Alex Smith for throwing a couple monkey wrenches. Our superb D just managed to hang in there.

Also, that safety the Chiefs handed us tho, OMG I'm STILL laughing.

And the Ravens lost to the Bears in OT, happy day for Pittsburgh. :awesome:

The Ravens are probably gonna lose to us next week, too. So you're welcome to continue celebrating. 

Jags had terrible special teams today- gave up way too many pts that way and Myers was awful. Offense still looks limited- Linder being out didn't help. Hopefully Dede Westbrook can give a spark to the WR corps when he comes back.

I was pretty nervous when my Patriots we’re struggling against the Jets of all team, but my team managed to pull through. Man, this was a weird week too, with strange upsets all around except for the Browns losing. Poor guys.

Speaking of unfortunate people, I too can’t help but feel bad for Aaron Rodgers after that injury. While I don’t care for the Packers as a team, he always seemed like a pleasant guy and it’d be a damn shame if this ended up shortening his career in the long run.

I was surprised to see the Jets almost beat the Pats too. I kinda hoped they would, but still. :P

The Browns are the Browns, nobody's surprised there. lol

Yeah, Aaron Rodgers is pretty awesome. You guys should check out his State Farm commercials omg they're hilarious.

Also, I gotta show that play from Steelers vs Chiefs where the safety happened. Because just...how does a center end up doing THIS? LOL

28 minutes ago, Slumber said:

You're welcome. 

Also woo Packers lost, too. 

Yes, THANK YOU! :D

Now my Steelers are running away with the division! W00T! They're the only team in the AFC North with a winning record too! lol

Steelers - 5-2
Ravens - 3-4
Bengals - 2-5
Browns - 0-7

Also, HOT DAMN THAT FAKE PUNT! I LOVED that play!

Poor Packers tho, can't do much without Aaron Rodgers...

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, THANK YOU! :D

Now my Steelers are running away with the division! W00T! They're the only team in the AFC North with a winning record too! lol

Steelers - 5-2
Ravens - 3-4
Bengals - 2-5
Browns - 0-7

Also, HOT DAMN THAT FAKE PUNT! I LOVED that play!

Poor Packers tho, can't do much without Aaron Rodgers...

Yeah, Steelers are doing pretty good this year. Though they tend to do pretty good every year, with a few notable exceptions. But the Ravens are the only team that occasionally gives them any problems, and it seems like that won't happen for that division this year.

And people have been saying for a long time that the Packers are a mediocre team with a mediocre coach that gets elevated like crazy due to an amazing quarterback. So it's not surprising they lost to home game a team that isn't very good on the road. It's gonna be rough until Rodgers gets back, and thankfully it seems like it wasn't a bad break, so it probably won't upset his career. He has to stay on the bench for at least the next 8 weeks, though, so this season's probably a wash for the Packers.

Hopefully the Lions can regain some steam, because I'd rather the Vikes have to play Lions for the division title than the Packers with Rodgers.

The Packers didn't look that bad actually considering that the Saints have been playing pretty well recently. I think the Vikings win the NFC North though, they have a good defense.

Another dominating win by the Jags today- granted the Colts have a lot of issues but beating teams you're supposed to is always a good sign.

10 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, Steelers are doing pretty good this year. Though they tend to do pretty good every year, with a few notable exceptions. But the Ravens are the only team that occasionally gives them any problems, and it seems like that won't happen for that division this year.

And people have been saying for a long time that the Packers are a mediocre team with a mediocre coach that gets elevated like crazy due to an amazing quarterback. So it's not surprising they lost to home game a team that isn't very good on the road. It's gonna be rough until Rodgers gets back, and thankfully it seems like it wasn't a bad break, so it probably won't upset his career. He has to stay on the bench for at least the next 8 weeks, though, so this season's probably a wash for the Packers.

Hopefully the Lions can regain some steam, because I'd rather the Vikes have to play Lions for the division title than the Packers with Rodgers.

Yeah, since Tomlin came in, they've never had a losing season. He's a pretty good coach, though he tends to be bad at making adjustments if a key player gets hurt and every now and then he manages the clock like crap. Those are the only problems I ever had with him though. He's great otherwise.

Rodgers does basically carry his team. He was the reason they got as deep into the playoffs last season as they did.

yes he did. these dirty hits should garner harsher penalties than ejections and suspensions. they should beget contract terminations.

football is a rough fucking game. i don't understand why some people need to make it dirty.

yeah and i'm scared for flacco. even when he's playing like shit i love watching him, and he's pretty much been an anchor in my life for the last decade (in a way) more or less

that concussion looked awful... fuck you kiko alonso

also this article is mad depressing: http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/40012/joe-flaccos-fall-from-super-bowl-mvp-to-31st-ranked-passer-hits-national-stage

"I played with Joe and I know the talented quarterback he is. He's really, really good," said former tight end Dennis Pitta, who caught passes from Flacco for six seasons. "A lot of that is lost; he just doesn't trust the protection. He doesn't have a ton of playmakers who are healthy and not playing up to the level that they should be playing."

the ravens need to figure this shit out. if we're looking towards the future and getting another first round qb (something that i, as a sentimental fan, am extremely sad to think about and i, as a fan who wants to win, would not be against), we need to work on not fucking him like we kinda fucked up flacco. get him receivers. ozzie needs to get an assistant to help him with offense. get him an OL. and keep the coaching. this is not supposed to be this bad a team on paper.

we got a super bowl win off of flacco and gave him receivers that were either almost out of fuel or unable to do anything on every other team. torrey smith did not do well post-ravens. jacoby jones was done. steve smith sr, derrick mason, tj houshmandzadeh, and boldin were on their way out (though, boldin balled out for a few years, so that was the only mistake; shit happens). ed dickson is doing awful. heap retired. pitta keeps shattering his hip. mike wallace is not doing well this year. maclin is not healthy, ever. owen daniels was on his way out. danny woodhead is always injured. forsett was done. and the OL rotated a shitload.

it boils down to just ray rice, marshal yanda and gary kubiak's miracle crack in 2014, and even ray rice just fell hard in 2013 and completely fell from grace in 2014. and honestly, controversy aside, ray rice was wonderful to watch. on track for the hall of fame if he didn't punch his wife.

honestly, in 20 years people might look at Flacco and go "that guy won a super bowl with jacoby jones and torrey smith at wide receiver? who the fuck were they?"

Edited by Lord Raven

On 10/27/2017 at 1:57 AM, Lord Raven said:

dude fuck kiko alonso, that motherfucker deserved to be ejected

Yeah, I'm surprised he wasn't ejected. That hit might as well have been done by Burfict, it was so dirty. But this reaction here Raven is just how I always felt about Burfict when he knocked out all three of our best Steelers. Can't blame you.

Edited by Anacybele

The Dolphins vs. Ravens game was so bizarre.  On one hand, there's the Alonso incident, along with a hell of a blowout (props to the Ravens).

On the other hand, Romo got to commentate a cat, and he sounded really happy about that.

I have serious mixed feelings about this.  Best of luck to Flacco.