NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

Yeah, apparently the TD to Foles was an illegal formation too

I'm looking for two halftime adjustments if the patriots are getting back into this:

1) no more WR screen bullshit

2) Jordan Richards stops getting snaps on defense

I have little confidence in either of those coming true, but a man can hope

EDIT: this may sound insane, but this josh mcdaniels rumor that just sprouted up is very intriguing. It really makes me wonder if this is Bill Belichick's final game

Edited by chococoke

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was that an illegal formation? I've seen teams pull plays similar to that several times before and no penalty was called on any of them. The Steelers used to do it fairly often with Antwaan Randel El since he was once a QB, though it wouldn't be Ben catching the passes, it'd be actual WRs. But that shouldn't matter. Also saw the Seahawks do it once where Russell Wilson caught the TD pass after he pitched it to a dude and that guy threw it to him.

Anyway, holy shit, the refs actually didn't help the Patriots this time. Big Eagles TD catch. o.o I'm legit surprised. But now I'm even more confused about why that Jesse James TD and Kelvin Benjamin TD were overturned, as they didn't look any less clear to me than this one. Proves how inconsistent these calls are. You can't change the past though...

On another note, I saw AB tweet "won't be denied" and a picture of him holding a big ol' gold NFL trophy. Did he actually win MVP?! :O

EDIT: Oh wait, comments on that tweet are saying Brady got it... Figures. :/

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

That halftime show was one of the most tasteless things I've ever seen.

I can’t remember a halftime show in the past couple years that was anything more than mediocre tbh.

and damn it, why do Pats games have to be so stressful.

Edited by Tolvir

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I can’t remember a halftime show in the past couple years that was anything more than mediocre tbh.

Using the image and music of a dude who was notoriously strict about the use of his image and music 2 years after his death is just... All sorts of wrong. It's not like it was a caring tribute to him like the Vikings' opening game last season where they played Purple Rain. I highly doubt Prince would have been okay with this.

It was just "Here's Justin Timberlake doing nothing special... AND NOW A PROJECTION OF AN OLD PRINCE PERFORMANCE EVERYBODY!"

Edited by Slumber

Okay, wow... How about we take a moment to give some condolences to the Colts and this guy's family...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914139/article/edwin-jackson-dies-after-being-hit-by-suspected-drunken-driver

This is why you don't fucking drink and drive! It always saddens me to hear of things like this because they're 100% preventable with some damn common sense and responsibility!

This LB was the same age as me. Far too young...

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, wow... How about we take a moment to give some condolences to the Colts and this guy's family...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914139/article/edwin-jackson-dies-after-being-hit-by-suspected-drunken-driver

This is why you don't fucking drink and drive! It always saddens me to hear of things like this because they're 100% preventable with some damn common sense and responsibility!

This LB was the same age as me. Far too young...

I've always maintained that it's absolute nonsense that drunk drivers rarely get stuck with more than manslaughter.

Manslaughter implies an accident or no intent. There's no excuse for somebody deliberately getting into a vehicle while intoxicated to not get charged with intent. There's intent the minute they get into the vehicle.

It's always the worst when this happens. There's no sense in these kinds of deaths.

Edited by Slumber

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Using the image and music of a dude who was notoriously strict about the use of his image and music 2 years after his death is just... All sorts of wrong. It's not like it was a caring tribute to him like the Vikings' opening game last season where they played Purple Rain. I highly doubt Prince would have been okay with this.

It was just "Here's Justin Timberlake doing nothing special... AND NOW A PROJECTION OF AN OLD PRINCE PERFORMANCE EVERYBODY!"

I agree. Would have been understandable if there was a link there, like Justin was tutored by Prince or something, but as far as I know there is no connection other than being in the same genre of music, kind of. 

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I've always maintained that it's absolute nonsense that drunk drivers rarely get stuck with more than manslaughter.

Manslaughter implies an accident or no intent. There's no excuse for somebody deliberately getting into a vehicle while intoxicated to not get charged with intent. There's intent the minute they get into the vehicle.

It's always the worst when this happens. There's no sense in these kinds of deaths.

Yeah, exactly.

And I will never feel bad for those drunk or reckless drivers who get themselves killed due to their own stupidity. I feel for their families and friends, of course, but not the dead person. They chose to be reckless and cause their own death.

I only feel for people like this Colts LB who was 100% an innocent victim.

Edited by Anacybele

...Okay, I don't know whether to be super happy or super pissed at that latest Eagles TD. On one hand, FUCK YES, TAKE DOWN THE PATS.

On the other, and I'm sorry for bringing this up again, it looked exactly like Jesse James's overturned TD! The commentators even said "if this stands, PIttsburgh will be like "are you kidding me?!" and yeah, that's kind of my reaction!

Minus the Eagles guy taking a couple steps and the ball popping in the air, it was pretty much identical. James tucking and turning with the ball before falling over the plane should've been considered a football move just as much as taking two steps.

Still, Brady also just lost a FUMBLE and this is an Eagles TD, so I can forgive the refs this one time. :P

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

I don’t see the Pats pulling it off tbh. But you never know. 

And I doubt they will be back next year, we are losing several key people and I doubt Bill has that many years left in him. 

Strained relationships in the Pats, Tom's getting old. I think the current Pats' dynasty isn't long for this world.

Which THANK GOD. Maybe the AFC will be interesting finally.

Just now, Slumber said:

Strained relationships in the Pats, Tom's getting old. I think the current Pats' dynasty isn't long for this world.

Which THANK GOD. Maybe the AFC will be interesting finally.

Yeah I don’t see it lasting. I would love to see it keep going personally as a lifelong Pats fan, but I don’t see it happening.

THANK YOU EAGLES.

The Steelers still alone have the most SB wins! Our record stands! :D Now can we get a seventh sometime soon...

Also, THE PATS WENT DOWN TOO, OH YEAH!

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah I don’t see it lasting. I would love to see it keep going personally as a lifelong Pats fan, but I don’t see it happening.

Everybody on the outside is just happy to maybe see a team that isn't the Pats representing the AFC in the SB.

And now we watch as Philly burns itself to the ground.

Edited by Slumber

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Everybody on the outside is just happy to maybe see a team that isn't the Pats representing the AFC in the SB.

And now we watch as Philly burns itself to the ground.

Yeah, I got someone on the Discord I am apart of that lives in Philly. Said fireworks are going off like crazy and sirens already. Can’t imagine what it would have been like if Pats won last second. 

Congrats to the Eagles though. Nice to see a new 1st time winner. Now if the Lions can get somewhere with a coach that isn’t a complete idiot.

Edit: I still have one question though. Why the hell was Malcolm Butler kept out of the game?

Edited by Tolvir

Yeah, I got someone on the Discord I am apart of that lives in Philly. Said fireworks are going off like crazy and sirens already. Can’t imagine what it would have been like if Pats won last second. 

Congrats to the Eagles though. Nice to see a new 1st time winner. Now if the Lions can get somewhere with a coach that isn’t a complete idiot.

The only thing scarier than Philly sports fans after a loss is Philly sports fans after a win.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Edit: I still have one question though. Why the hell was Malcolm Butler kept out of the game?

My dad also set off his car alarm for a minute to add to the cacophony.

Still hearing the fireworks, though it's dying down.