NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

1 minute ago, chococoke said:

Apparently Belichick thought he would be better off on defense when Butler on the sidelines. Bill deserves to be raked over coals for that one 

As a Pats fan, I fully agree. I don’t know what he was smoking with that decision. If it was some disciplinary action, Malcolm better have lit a box of puppies on fire for Bill to do that.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just heard fireworks out here. lol Pittsburgh really does hate the Pats! XD

More like they are happy they got their first Super Bowl win. Could have been against a team from Canada, they would have the same reaction. Which, again. Congrats to them, it’s nice to see a new 1st time winner. I’ll take a loss to the Eagles over a loss to someone who has several wins and are a regular to the  play offs.

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

More like they are happy they got their first Super Bowl win. Could have been against a team from Canada, they would have the same reaction.

No, I'm pretty sure Pittsburgh just hates the Pats that much. We've always hated them a lot. xP Plus, we DID lose to them on a technicality of all things this season!

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I'm pretty sure Pittsburgh just hates the Pats that much. We've always hated them a lot. xP Plus, we DID lose to them on a technicality of all things this season!

You said Pittsburgh, my bad. Misread as Philly :p.

that I can see, there is a pretty big rivalry there it seems.

Bill said it was for "football reasons," aka, he wasn't good enough to see defensive snaps, but Jonathon Bademosi (a career fucking special teamer) can get snaps and miss a crucial tackle late in the game.

It's ironic to me, in that Bill's arrogance is well-deserved given his coaching ability, but it has often held him back in certain situations 

6 minutes ago, chococoke said:

Bill said it was for "football reasons," aka, he wasn't good enough to see defensive snaps, but Jonathon Bademosi (a career fucking special teamer) can get snaps and miss a crucial tackle late in the game.

It's ironic to me, in that Bill's arrogance is well-deserved given his coaching ability, but it has often held him back in certain situations 

Yeah, Bill has a lot of the loss on him this time. Between Butler, the Timeout that was poorly used, and whatever the hell the Brady plays Wide Receiver thing was. He got cocky this game, and he paid for it. 

That and the defense. We let up 41 points, and kept letting up on third downs. If just one of those was stopped, it would have been a different story tonight.

Edited by Tolvir

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That and the defense. We let up 41 points, and kept letting up on third downs. If just one of those was stopped, it would have been a different story tonight.

Yeah, but this is the Pats' MO recently. They give up a ton of points then come back in the second half.

Only their comeback was stopped early this game.

Edited by Slumber

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, but this is the Pats' MO recently. They give up a ton of points then come back in the second half.

Only their comeback was stopped early this game.

Wouldn’t have to do that if we didn’t let up 41 points though. We let through so many 3rd downs. 10 of 16. It was ridiculous. A lot of that was on Bill and his BS, and the defense not showing up. 

Brady seemed a bit off this game, but still pulled over 500 yards. The offense wasn’t the issue, it was the defense and Bill getting cocky.

Edited by Tolvir

Wasn't the Pats' D rather bad all season though?

And maybe old man Bill should retire soon if he's holding his team back now... Heh heh.

Edited by Anacybele

That game played like Steelers-Jaguars to me, sorta. Eagles kinda had it the whole game, but the Patriots kept catching up. Even took the lead.

Still, incredible Super Bowl, I love offense.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Wasn't the Pats' D rather bad all season though?

They weren’t great, no. But not this bad. Part of the issue was the lack of Butler. That and Chung getting injured twice.

Just now, Tolvir said:

They weren’t great, no. But not this bad. Part of the issue was the lack of Butler. That and Chung getting injured twice.

Oh, I see. And silly you for thinking I said Philly and not Pittsburgh. lol

Just remember I'm in and from Pittsburgh and grew up loving and watching Steelers football and you can't make such a mistake. XD

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see. And silly you for thinking I said Philly and not Pittsburgh. lol

Just remember I'm in and from Pittsburgh and grew up loving and watching Steelers football and you can't make such a mistake. XD

It’s all good. :p. I’m not a super fan of sports so I get things mixed up, mostly follow because my family all love it. And since my dad has been a Patriots/Falcons fan since he was a kid, so am I. My brother even plays in HS, and is looking to possibly play in college.

Note taken though. 

10 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

It’s all good. :p. I’m not a super fan of sports so I get things mixed up, mostly follow because my family all love it. And since my dad has been a Patriots/Falcons fan since he was a kid, so am I. My brother even plays in HS, and is looking to possibly play in college.

Note taken though. 

I only really like NFL football (when there's not a bunch of stupidity going on, that is) and some NHL hockey every now and then myself. Though part of the reason for the latter is the Penguins' recent back to back Stanley Cups... lol

My younger brother's best friend plays college football too and is really good. He tried to kill himself not long ago though, because he'd been going through depression. I blame my brother for this though, because he committed suicide himself three years ago. He caused a lot of people a lot of pain. I realize he was in some pain himself, but we did try to help him and suicide is never the answer. I'm just glad his friend is alright. I don't think I could deal with another person I know taking their own life and I wouldn't want his family to go through what mine has. I know my brother's friend fairly well, he's a really good guy. His mom is really nice too. The kid better not do that again and keep moving forward. He could be a great NFL player someday! And he could play for my brother's favorite team, the Packers, for all he knows. (Don't ask why my brother never liked the Steelers, as I don't know. xP He did like the Penguins though, even if it was more because of them being called the Penguins. He liked penguins.)

I also root for the Panthers myself, btw. Been doing so for the last few years since I lived in NC, became a big fan of Cam Newton, and developed a little crush on Luke Kuechly. lol

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I only really like NFL football (when there's not a bunch of stupidity going on, that is) and some NHL hockey every now and then myself. Though part of the reason for the latter is the Penguins' recent back to back Stanley Cups... lol

My younger brother's best friend plays college football too and is really good. He tried to kill himself not long ago though, because he'd been going through depression. I blame my brother for this though, because he committed suicide himself three years ago. He caused a lot of people a lot of pain. I realize he was in some pain himself, but we did try to help him and suicide is never the answer. I'm just glad his friend is alright. I don't think I could deal with another person I know taking their own life and I wouldn't want this family to go through what mine has. I know my brother's friend fairly well, he's a really good guy. His mom is really nice too. The kid better not do that again and keep moving forward. He could be a great NFL player someday! And he could play for my brother's favorite team, the Packers, for all he knows. (Don't ask why my brother never liked the Steelers, as I don't know. xP He did like the Penguins though, even if it was more because of them being called the Penguins. He liked penguins.)

I also root for the Panthers myself, btw. Been doing so for the last few years since I lived in NC, became a big fan of Cam Newton, and developed a little crush on Luke Kuechly. lol

Yeah you have told me about your brother before, sad to hear that though. Can’t imagine what any of that is like. 

Outside of NFL, I really don’t follow anything else. WWE would be the closest but that isn’t really a sport, more like reality TV mixed with some fun shows of athleticism. 

As far as teams besides the Pats/Falcons go, I am a bit of a fan of the Lions. Living in Detroit for 4 years kind of does that though, and they are truly the underdog. Which makes me hopeful that a change in coaches changes things up for them.

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah you have told me about your brother before, sad to hear that though. Can’t imagine what any of that is like. 

Outside of NFL, I really don’t follow anything else. WWE would be the closest but that isn’t really a sport, more like reality TV mixed with some fun shows of athleticism. 

As far as teams besides the Pats/Falcons go, I am a bit of a fan of the Lions. Living in Detroit for 4 years kind of does that though, and they are truly the underdog. Which makes me hopeful that a change in coaches changes things up for them.

Oh, I have? I must not remember at all... But yeah. It is sad...

Anyway, I see. My stepbrothers used to be kind of into wrestling when they were kids. Not so much anymore though. They kind of just moved on from it, really, being adults now.

Yeah, it'd be interesting to see some more teams who haven't had any success in awhile actually start having some again.

Yeah, and hopefully it shows people that even the greatest coaches can make mistakes, because I'm pretty tired of Steelers fans crying "FIRE TOMLIN!" every time we lose. He's not an excellent coach, but he's still a good one and can get better. And a loss is not always the coach's fault either.

That gif is LOL though. XD

Edited by Anacybele

30 minutes ago, chococoke said:

lol that's an elite gif 

also one day later and I still can't believe Butler didn't play a single goddamn snap. Hopefully this kills the idiotic saying "in Belichick we trust"' forever

is it really that idiotic

It's idiotic to me in the sense that it implies Belichick can do no wrong. Obviously he deserves trust more so than any coach in the league but that doesn't mean his moves should be blindly followed or that he's somehow above making a bad move 

to see that final drive, which is usually magic, implode so ferociously was breathtaking. it happened in a way that i almost feel bad for the pats.

this, along with the 2-3 coach shufflings, will hopefully end the pats' dynasty. it's fuckin time!!

Edited by Phoenix Wright

20 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

to see that final drive, which is usually magic, implode so ferociously was breathtaking. it happened in a way that i almost feel bad for the pats.

this, along with the 2-3 coach shufflings, will hopefully end the pats' dynasty. it's fuckin time!!

thats what we said in 2005