NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

On 1/18/2018 at 7:34 PM, Slumber said:

Chances Brady's jacked up hand causes problems for the Pats?

The Pats seem kind of hush-hush about the whole ordeal, which is causing me to raise my eyebrows a bit.

None based on a bunch of the reports. It was just stitches in his finger for banging his hand against a helmet or something.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lord Raven said:

None based on a bunch of the reports. It was just stitches in his finger for banging his hand against a helmet or something.

Yeah, probably not too much for concern.

But I could hope that his hand wouldn't be great for the game tomorrow.

Pff, Brady is a big baby if THAT kind of little injury bothers him. Big Ben torched people with a bum throwing shoulder! Though there is a reason Ben is considered the toughest QB ever. :P

Edited by Anacybele

he didnt make a big deal of it (considering nobody really talked about it, it's just overblown reporting) and i've seen ben roethlisberger play like shit after injuries more often than he played well lol

17 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

he didnt make a big deal of it (considering nobody really talked about it, it's just overblown reporting) and i've seen ben roethlisberger play like shit after injuries more often than he played well lol

Then you haven't seen all the times he played injured. Sometimes he didn't play well, yeah, but there were games where he did play well too. Take that divisional round game vs the Broncos from a couple years ago for instance. It was a loss, but Ben had a bad throwing shoulder thanks to that asshole Vontaze Burfict and still put us in a position to win. The game was only lost because of a damned late fumble by the backup RB (Bell was also hurt thanks to again, that asshole Burfict).

Edited by Anacybele

but then look at the wild card the year before that, dude threw a pick on a 2 point conversion and another red zone pick after he got slammed

and yeah early this season he was supposedly injured and wasn't playing well

7 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

and yeah early this season he was supposedly injured and wasn't playing well

1. Ben wasn't hurt this season,, where did you hear that?

2. That was the offense in general not clicking that well, not just Ben.

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Pff, Brady is a big baby if THAT kind of little injury bothers him. Big Ben torched people with a bum throwing shoulder! Though there is a reason Ben is considered the toughest QB ever. :P

I think Brett Favre may have a thing to say about that. There's a reason he was known as "the iron man of football" throughout his career.

yeah and also flacco has played through a million injuries and didn't parade it like ben does

ben i feel does the bitch move of playing up his injuries just so people can see how tough he is...  flacco doesn't even look or play up his injuries when they happen. Even when he got a concussion this year I was really surprised at how he looked the same, and when he tore his ACL 2 years back I had absolutely no idea until after the game (because he hurried to the huddle to spike the ball for a field goal). and he had injuries to his back early in the season (that's why Flacco played badly and didn't take many shots downfield) and he had injuries to his throwing shoulder in the 2010 playoffs

also ben's missed games in his career due to lingering injuries so i mean ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You've never seen him exaggerate injuries or emphasize to the media the exact thing that is injured? The Patriots camp tried to keep that injury hushed up because it wasn't a big deal but the Steelers don't keep quiet about been roethlisberger. He also plays it up for the camera.

I don't think he's as tough as he makes it seem. The tougher dudes are generally more quiet about it.

25 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

You've never seen him exaggerate injuries or emphasize to the media the exact thing that is injured? The Patriots camp tried to keep that injury hushed up because it wasn't a big deal but the Steelers don't keep quiet about been roethlisberger. He also plays it up for the camera.

I don't think he's as tough as he makes it seem. The tougher dudes are generally more quiet about it.

Nope, never seen him do that. Always seemed quiet or humble about it to me.

Good luck, Jags. I have very little confidence you can win, but I can always hope.

Please defeat the Dark Lord Tom Brady, and stop him from going to another Super Bowl.

Edited by Slumber

2 minutes ago, -Cynthia- said:

Hey we have a lead! Not that I would be comfortable until we're up by 40, but it's a good start. Horizontal passing is working much better for us than the Pats atm.

Even with a 40 point lead, I wouldn't be comfortable saying "JAGS WIN!" until the game is totally over. The Pats always find a way.