NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

reports are saying that Flacco is feeling good and showed up to the facility on last Friday

I'd still rather he stay down against the Titans, gives him 24 days to recover as opposed to just 10

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they normally keep players with concussions out for a game or so. Sometimes more if Luke Kuechly is anything to go by... I feel bad for him. He's had way too many hits to the head...

Come on, don't drop good TD passes now. -_- Ben put a perfectly good ball on Eli Rogers and the latter drops it in the endzone ugh.

Sheesh, the Lions' weird 4th quarter skills started scaring me a bit, but we remain two games ahead of the Ravens! W00t!!

Also, THAT 97 YARD TD BY SMITH-SHUSTER HOLY FUCKING SHIT. That shit set three records! THREE! Longest play by a receiver in Steelers history, player to get the most TDs before turning 21, and longest play by a rookie receiver in NFL history. I say again, holy fucking shit!

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

38-30, that is kinda crazy. lol Also, Jags and Chargers going into OT too, wow.

Also, COMEBACK WIN FOR THE STEELERS!! :D 7-2 and still running away with the division, baby. Not how I would've liked the team to win against a crap squad like the Colts, but the important thing is that they managed to wake their asses up and do what they were supposed to. For once, Tomlin and company made good adjustments at halftime, even if there were still a few hiccups after (that missed FG, Boswell. ;_; Had to be the wind. No other way a ball suddenly veers to the right like that). Didn't help that our secondary is half injured now either. Ugh. Joe Haden and Mike Mitchell both went down. -_-

As long as our D keeps playing like it did late in this game though, the injuries might not matter that much. They started hammering the shit out of Brissett! lol

17 minutes ago, -Cynthia- said:

That Chargers/Jags game nearly gave me a heart attack- so much crazy bullshit. Win's a win though.

i know right. it was like the epitome of "classic chargers" and "classic jags" in one game lol.

1 minute ago, Jiac said:

i know right. it was like the epitome of "classic chargers" and "classic jags" in one game lol.

I can't believe it didn't end in a tie since we were both trying so hard to throw it. Y'all are really good for 3-6 team- feels like that's how the Chargers go every year though.

Just now, -Cynthia- said:

I can't believe it didn't end in a tie since we were both trying so hard to throw it. Y'all are really good for 3-6 team- feels like that's how the Chargers go every year though.

We could've been 5-4, but Spanos thought that hiring a Korean kicker would get the Korean fanbase on board for the LA Chargers. But, clearly that experiment was a mistake instead of doing the obvious of re-signing Nick Novak or keeping Josh Lambo. Our old (new?) kicker costed us two games lol. 

Hope y'all like Lambo. He's got a good leg and is decently accurate. But, he wasn't an automatic kicker when he was with us :(. 

Just now, Jiac said:

We could've been 5-4, but Spanos thought that hiring a Korean kicker would get the Korean fanbase on board for the LA Chargers. But, clearly that experiment was a mistake instead of doing the obvious of re-signing Nick Novak or keeping Josh Lambo. Our old (new?) kicker costed us two games lol. 

Hope y'all like Lambo. He's got a good leg and is decently accurate. But, he wasn't an automatic kicker when he was with us :(. 

Lambo has been ok. Myers had a strong leg but was a total crapshoot accuracy wise- even extra points were a coinflip. 

I know how kicker problems feel... A few years ago the Steelers went through three before finding Chris Boswell. Suisham went down with an ACL tear, then Garrett Hartley, I think his name was, went down with a hamstring injury. Then what's-his-face and probably the worst trade we made EVER just sucked. He was so bad I don't remember his name anymore lol. So glad Boswell saved our kicking woes! He's been awesome since and even holds an NFL record now. Also considered one of our Killer B's! XD Not the strongest leg, but definitely one of the most accurate. He did miss twice today (one extra point and one FG), but one was a block and it's still very very rare for him.

Happy for the Jags, btw, I like them! Even if I dread the idea of possibly facing them in the playoffs after they totally annihilated us... xP

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah I would much rather the Jags play the Steelers in the playoffs over the Patriots- but still a lot of games to win. Jags should get in if they beat the teams they're supposed to though. I will definitely be rooting for the Steelers this Thursday.

Yeah, nobody really wants to face the Patriots. xP

And I don't think the Jags would blow us out so hard again since the Steelers should know what to expect now, but they could certainly still win. I really would love Big Ben to win a third ring and retire with that, though. When he does retire tho, I hope Tomlin puts Dobbs at the helm. He was pretty great in the preseason.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, nobody really wants to face the Patriots. xP

And I don't think the Jags would blow us out so hard again since the Steelers should know what to expect now, but they could certainly still win. I really would love Big Ben to win a third ring and retire with that, though. When he does retire tho, I hope Tomlin puts Dobbs at the helm. He was pretty great in the preseason.

Definitely not in the AFC, but I'm sure the Eagles do, just so they can prove that their spot at the top isn't a fluke. 

Back to that Vikings game, since I'm always happy when they do well, the chemistry of the team continues to impress me. Mostly Thielen. The more and more the line-up changes due to injuries, the more I think Adam Thielen is the heart of the team. Obviously players like Diggs, Cook and Bridgewater(Happy to see him back on the field/bench) are just great natural talents, and Keenum's been another surprise superstar(Seriously, who would have thought a third string would more or less lead a team to 5 straight wins?), Thielen's been consistently getting work done since last season when it was clear that the current Vikings roster was an unpolished gem. He worked well in tandem with Diggs, and he's been a great tool for Keenum to utilize. I don't think the team would be as successful without him. 

Plus, he's a hometown hero, being one of the few people on the team actually from Minnesota. 

Edited by Slumber

scary display for the rams today. overall, i can't say i'm happy with offense at all. they turned it around in the 3rd qu, but 2-3 whole quarters of the offense doing very little is worrying. at least given the trend of our past games. red zone still needs a lot of work, and the first half was sloppy all around. 

but holy shit our defense. texans weren't supposed to be able to oppose, but even still. it didn't look like they had a shot in hell.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

BLOWOUT!! YEAAAAAH!!

Basically did to the Titans what the Jags did to us! lol (sorry Hylian Air Force xP)

Four TDs, four INTs, and six sacks, plus an insane helmet TD catch by AB! That's what I'm talkin' about! WOO!! We can beat the Pats if the boys just play like this against them! (I wouldn't expect to get that many INTs off Brady tho) Defense was real shaky when you take away the INTs and sacks though. That's gotta get fixed. Though it won't be easy if our D keeps getting INJURED. Cam Heyward and Anthony Chickillo are out now. ;_;

Man, Tenessee folks must hate Pittsburgh now though. :P The Penguins took the Stanley Cup against the Predators and now the Steelers flatten the Titans like pancakes. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Go back a few months, and you'd think people would be crazy if they said there'd be a week where a lot of sports outlets were calling the Vikings vs. the Rams "the most interesting match-up of the week".

Barring the Patriots and the Steelers doing well(Because they always do well), and the Browns being absolute shit(Because they're always absolute shit) this season has been an oddity.

57 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Barring the Patriots and the Steelers doing well(Because they always do well), and the Browns being absolute shit(Because they're always absolute shit) this season has been an oddity.

Yeah, the AFC is not usually as weak as it is right now. The Steelers and Patriots are the only two teams in it that have seven or more wins. And only a few other teams in the conference are above .500 at all. It's also unusual for the Steelers to be the only good AFC North team. Our division is usually competitive sans a usually shitty Browns team. lol So this season is kinda odd.

Welp. Down goes Kam Chancellor. The Seahawks really got the injury bug this season. They’re lucky the only competition in their division is the Rams, as the Cardinals are an old team and the 49ers just stink overall.

On 11/16/2017 at 10:52 PM, Anacybele said:

BLOWOUT!! YEAAAAAH!!

Basically did to the Titans what the Jags did to us! lol (sorry Hylian Air Force xP)

Nah fam, it just makes a triangle (we beat Jacksonville, you beat us, and Jacksonville beat you guys). If we beat the Colts and the Texans, we will have at least a 500.

2 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Nah fam, it just makes a triangle (we beat Jacksonville, you beat us, and Jacksonville beat you guys). If we beat the Colts and the Texans, we will have at least a 500.

Well, I thought maybe Mariota throwing four picks and his guys getting blown out was rough on them. xP

But true, yeah, there is a triangle here. lol