NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

The other thread I started is dead, so here's a new one! Talk about your favorite team and their matchups, fantasy football, and anything else NFL-related for this season.

Preseason is underway! The Hall of Fame game was last weekend and now we're into week 1 of the Preseason.

I'm a Steelers fan. And I think I love TJ Watt already. :D He was our first round pick too! I hope Dobbs can start showing some nice flashes though, I'm counting on him to take over for Ben if Ben retires soon.

Le'Veon Bell needs to knock off his holdout though. He's not getting the money he wants, and I know he wants to stay a Steeler. He's franchise tagged too, and he's arguably the best RB, so losing him would be a big blow. He and the management need to come to SOME agreement.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We seem to have a budding pass rushing star in TJ Watt! This guy is looking like he could be as beastly as his big brother! I sure hope he is. :D He got two sacks in one quarter! And almost a third later on.

Joshua Dobbs had a bad start, but he did better later in the game. He could be just who we're looking for to take over for Ben in the future. Black QBs seem to be a nice trend lately too, what with Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, and Dak Prescott all being pretty good. Tyrod Taylor could be on that list someday too.

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this back so it doesn't die since the regular season will start soonish.

BUT WE GOT JOE HADEN HOLY SHIT WOW. I hope he isn't too old to keep being a good corner tho. We need depth there still.

As a Minnesotan that really only gives a shit about the Vikings when they're not falling apart, the current line-up has so much potential that it makes me interested in the Vikings even when they screw up royally(See all games after their bye week last season).

I had inklings that I really liked the Diggs/Bradford combo last season, and last night pretty much sealed that it wasn't a fluke. I REALLY like seeing those two play. Diggs basically just doing everything he can to play and act like Randy Moss helps a lot, since Randy Moss probably is my favorite pro football player of all time. The fact that last night's game was against Adrian Peterson helped a lot, since it not only reaffirmed that the Vikings can still be good without him, it shows that they can out-Peterson Peterson. Dalvin Cook was another impressive rookie that makes the Vikings a promising future if they can keep it together.

But given that the Vikings' MO is squandering talent and not keeping it together, that remains to be seen. But as they are now, they're a bit rough around the edges, and I hope they can tighten up their defense a bit and polish their offense.

Impressive defensive performance by the Jags, Fournette also ran well and the o-line did better than expected. Granted, the Texans do have some offensive issues but I'll still take it. Lost Robinson for the year though.

I was wondering if I'd ever see people post in here again! :P Glad to see some folks!

The Browns might actually be competent for once. The Steelers for some reason had trouble getting their mojo going for a bit, but even when they did, the Browns managed to keep up. Their new QB is pretty good. We still won though thanks to the amazingness that is Antonio Brown. lol (and Jesse James by extension since he was the one that caught the TD passes)

Also, TJ Watt might be defensive player of the year if he keeps up what he's doing! He's the bomb! Two sacks AND an interception?! That actually is an NFL record. He's the only player to do this in his debut.

Joe Haden also still has his mojo. He almost got a pick too. Liking him on our side!

Also, dat blocked punt for a TD at the start of the game. LOL

17 hours ago, Slumber said:

As a Minnesotan that really only gives a shit about the Vikings when they're not falling apart, the current line-up has so much potential that it makes me interested in the Vikings even when they screw up royally(See all games after their bye week last season).

I had inklings that I really liked the Diggs/Bradford combo last season, and last night pretty much sealed that it wasn't a fluke. I REALLY like seeing those two play. Diggs basically just doing everything he can to play and act like Randy Moss helps a lot, since Randy Moss probably is my favorite pro football player of all time. The fact that last night's game was against Adrian Peterson helped a lot, since it not only reaffirmed that the Vikings can still be good without him, it shows that they can out-Peterson Peterson. Dalvin Cook was another impressive rookie that makes the Vikings a promising future if they can keep it together.

But given that the Vikings' MO is squandering talent and not keeping it together, that remains to be seen. But as they are now, they're a bit rough around the edges, and I hope they can tighten up their defense a bit and polish their offense.

We'll see! You play my guys in Pittsburgh this Sunday. :P

2 hours ago, -Cynthia- said:

Impressive defensive performance by the Jags, Fournette also ran well and the o-line did better than expected. Granted, the Texans do have some offensive issues but I'll still take it. Lost Robinson for the year though.

Oh man, I heard Robinson got hurt, that sucks. I like the Jags.

Edited by Anacybele

On 9/12/2017 at 6:48 PM, Anacybele said:

We'll see! You play my guys in Pittsburgh this Sunday. :P

That'll be a much better test of the Vikings' current roster than the Saints were, that's for sure. Either way, I'm sure it will be a decent game to watch, unless the Vikings get completely shut out.

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

That'll be a much better test of the Vikings' current roster than the Saints were, that's for sure. Either way, I'm sure it will be a decent game to watch, unless the Vikings get completely shut out.

I don't think that'll happen, I can't remember the last time the Steelers shut anyone out. It could happen though, I suppose. :P And the Vikings should be a better test for us than the Brownies were. They actually look a little competent themselves for a change tho.

On another note, the Bengals are 0-2 now. lol wow

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

On another note, the Bengals are 0-2 now. lol wow

The Bengals vs. The Texans were like the reverse Superbowl. A team that has been historically bad(Maybe not Browns bad, but still pretty bad) vs. a very young franchise that has yet to really put itself together(They're getting there, though).

Looks like it'll be another bad year for the Bengals.

Edited by Slumber

15 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The Bengals vs. The Texans were like the reverse Superbowl. A team that has been historically bad(Maybe not Browns bad, but still pretty bad) vs. a very young franchise that has yet to really put itself together(They're getting there, though).

Looks like it'll be another bad year for the Bengals.

Yeah, but I'm not complaining! The Bengals are in our division, so them losing helps my Steelers. :P

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I'm not complaining! The Bengals are in our division, so them losing helps my Steelers. :P

I kind of love having the Lions and the Bears in my division.

It means that the division championship almost ALWAYS comes down to Packers vs. Vikings, which is when I think both Packers fans and Vikings fans are happiest. Though the Lions are inconsistent enough that sometimes they take the Vikings' spot, which isn't fun.

Just now, Slumber said:

I kind of love having the Lions and the Bears in my division.

It means that the division championship almost ALWAYS comes down to Packers vs. Vikings, which is when I think both Packers fans and Vikings fans are happiest. Though the Lions are inconsistent enough that sometimes they take the Vikings' spot, which isn't fun.

Yeah, for us, the Ravens are typically our biggest rival while the Bengals and Browns just sat behind. And that showed in the Christmas game last year when it came down to the last seconds and the Steelers pulled it off. Haha.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, for us, the Ravens are typically our biggest rival while the Bengals and Browns just sat behind. And that showed in the Christmas game last year when it came down to the last seconds and the Steelers pulled it off. Haha.

I suppose the Bengals and the Browns are better to have than the Lions and the Bears, since there's usually not any threat of either team doing well, unlike with the Lions.

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I suppose the Bengals and the Browns are better to have than the Lions and the Bears, since there's usually not any threat of either team doing well, unlike with the Lions.

Well, a few years ago the Bengals became kinda threatening. And even won the division once or twice. But now they're kinda downhill again. :P

On 9/15/2017 at 4:38 PM, Anacybele said:

I don't think that'll happen, I can't remember the last time the Steelers shut anyone out. It could happen though, I suppose. :P And the Vikings should be a better test for us than the Brownies were. They actually look a little competent themselves for a change tho.

WELP, SO MUCH FOR THAT

I mean, it wasn't a complete shut out, but the Vikings were pretty bad. So many penalties.

It's like they knew it wouldn't be worth it to potentially injure Bradford, so he didn't even show up.

At least Bridgewater is coming back, so the Vikings will have two pretty damn good QBs on hand.

Edited by Slumber

9 hours ago, Slumber said:

WELP, SO MUCH FOR THAT

I mean, it wasn't a complete shut out, but the Vikings were pretty bad. So many penalties.

It's like they knew it wouldn't be worth it to potentially injure Bradford, so he didn't even show up.

At least Bridgewater is coming back, so the Vikings will have two pretty damn good QBs on hand.

Yeah, I mean, two PI penalties that directly led to Steelers TDs, just wow, Vikings. xP

Still, that might've been a different game if Bradford or Bridgewater had played, our offense struggled a bit and your guy Rhodes had AB almost completely shut down. Ben did go to a few other guys a lot besides him, but still. Not to mention HIS OWN GUY STEPPED ON HIS KNEE and I think that was bothering him for a bit. Come on, we can't have Ben getting his knee busted for the umpteenth time, seriously. Man needs to play all 16 games and the playoffs for a change.

Edited by Anacybele

I've lost respect for this team. First they stay in the locker room for the anthem which is bad enough, then they go and lose to a shitty Bears team. I thought that habit of "playing down to the opponent" was over. But I guess not. It's fucking embarrassing, both of these things.

17 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I've lost respect for this team. First they stay in the locker room for the anthem which is bad enough, then they go and lose to a shitty Bears team. I thought that habit of "playing down to the opponent" was over. But I guess not. It's fucking embarrassing, both of these things.

I think we're gonna have a complete reversal of our feelings from last week. 

The Vikings did really well yesterday. Keenum proved that he actually can have a place on the field, even when both Bridgewater and Bradford return, giving the Vikings a bench full of good QBs. Stefon Diggs continues to be amazing. Dalvin Cook continues to make dropping AP look like the smartest decision ever. Thielen continues to do well. The Vikings defense is living up to the hype it built last season. 

It's why rooting for the Vikings is so goddamn infuriating. Because these praises are similar to the praises the Vikings have been getting every year for like, 20 years, and it almost always falls apart. But this roster has no glaring flaws that can't be solved just by better teamwork. Zimmer's still a fantastic coach. 

Their loss last week is eased up by the fact that there doesn't seem to be a single dominant team this year. The big guys(Broncos, Patriots, Steelers, etc.) have hit their fair share of stumbling blocks. The Packers nearly lost to the Bengals this week. On their own field. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens by the playoffs. If the Vikings can find a groove, they definitely have a shot at being division champions. Next week against the Lions should be a pretty good indicator of that. 

Edited by Slumber

24 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I think we're gonna have a complete reversal of our feelings from last week. 

The Vikings did really well yesterday. Keenum proved that he actually can have a place on the field, even when both Bridgewater and Bradford return, giving the Vikings a bench full of good QBs. Stefon Diggs continues to be amazing. Dalvin Cook continues to make dropping AP look like the smartest decision ever. Thielen continues to do well. The Vikings defense is living up to the hype it built last season. 

It's why rooting for the Vikings is so goddamn infuriating. Because these praises are similar to the praises the Vikings have been getting every year for like, 20 years, and it almost always falls apart. But this roster has no glaring flaws that can't be solved just by better teamwork. Zimmer's still a fantastic coach. 

Their loss last week is eased up by the fact that there doesn't seem to be a single dominant team this year. The big guys(Broncos, Patriots, Steelers, etc.) have hit their fair share of stumbling blocks. The Packers nearly lost to the Bengals this week. On their own field. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens by the playoffs. If the Vikings can find a groove, they definitely have a shot at being division champions. Next week against the Lions should be a pretty good indicator of that. 

Well, I'm okay now, because the Ravens got blown the fuck out by the Jaguars. Haha. (sorry to Lord Raven. I just had a bad day and this cheered me up xP)

@Cynthia Your Jags were rockin' and rollin'! Way to go! And THANKS, JAGS! WOOHOO!

The Steelers though, they need to stop the bullshit. My stepdad and a lot of other fans refuse to watch anymore because of what they did for the anthem.

Edited by Anacybele