NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

9 minutes ago, chococoke said:

It has more to do with the fact that the Steelers are in the mix for the AFC title almost every season. There are very, VERY few (if any at all) people rooting for the Steelers or Patriots that aren't fans of the teams themselves. I mean, only one QB who isn't Ben, Brady, or Peyton Manning, has represented the AFC in the Super Bowl in the past 15 seasons? And that guy turned out to be basically average at best. Fans want to see something new, can you really blame them?

Steelers haven't been in the SB or AFC title game nearly as often as the Pats have lately though. People should be hating them more than us if that's all it is! They just said this is the Pats' SEVENTH straight AFC title game. The Steelers were in last year's and may be in this year's, but before that, they hadn't been in one since 2011.

I understand fans wanting to see something new, but they overestimate the Steelers' title appearances in recent years.

Also, wow, the team is actually going to dump Todd Haley. WOW. Never expected it, though I kinda wanted it. Offense is just better when Ben gets to call all the shots.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I’m rooting for Jacksonville and Minnesota today. 

I read something earlier that said the Falcons were just a lucky team. Well, yes and no. On one hand, they made it to the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. Had the Lions not choked against the Bengals the Falcons would have cleared their lockers once the season ended. The offense wasn’t as dominant this season as it was previously either. However, they’re still a solid team overall, at the very least they’re better than average. They deserve credit for making it as far as they did by beating the Rams a week ago. 

1 hour ago, chococoke said:

lol I'm very aware that the Patriots make it more often than anyone else. I'm just explaining why basically everyone outside of Pittsburgh is rooting for Jacksonville today, including me

I get that, I'm not faulting you for anything, I just hate that people treat us like the Patriots in this sense when the Patriots are far more notorious here. We get to two Super Bowls in the last 15 years, the last one having been seven years ago, and we can't be allowed to try getting to another yet? Shut the fuck up, seriously... I mean other random people, not you or anyone here.

Besides, we have the best chance of beating the Patriots since we're the only team that's proven that they can be a threat. I'm honestly surprised more people aren't rooting for us for this reason mainly.

10 hours ago, Roshi Roze said:

Edit: This cycle is so predictable, I came up with: Birds fly, fish swim, Atlanta sports teams choke if they make it to the playoffs.

As someone from Atlanta, I hate admitting how true this is, ugh. Well there's hope for our MLS team at least.

Though I do have to question why a flag wasnt thrown on that last TD attempt by Atlanta. Julio was getting pushed down before the ball was thrown. Why wasnt that called has a pass interference?

6 minutes ago, Elincia said:

Though I do have to question why a flag wasnt thrown on that last TD attempt by Atlanta. Julio was getting pushed down before the ball was thrown. Why wasnt that called has a pass interference?

The refs are so inconsistent with those. One day I could see a game where it's almost never called, and then I could get a game like the one the Steelers were in this season where it felt like near every incomplete pass attempt on both sides was called PI! I forget who we were against that day though, for some reason, but it was stupid.

Also, there's BS like that time Richard Sherman got away with pushing AB down and getting a pick. Ben wanted a flag, AB wanted a flag, Tomlin wanted a flag, everybody wanted a flag! Except the refs. It was definitely PI because AB just doesn't randomly fall like that. He was pushed. And Ben later gets all the flack for his INTs when I'd say only half the ones he throws at most are his fault.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I get that, I'm not faulting you for anything, I just hate that people treat us like the Patriots in this sense when the Patriots are far more notorious here.

I think part of it is a) the Eagles fanbase (which is huge) hates the Steelers fanbase, b) the entire state of Ohio hates the Steelers, c) the around Baltimore hate them, and d) a lot of smaller fanbases have fans near them that will root for the Steelers. I grew up around Baltimore and I saw plenty of Steelers fans. I'm in Arizona right now and I can't escape it.

They're a ridiculously easy team to root for and they have tons of fans all over the country shouting SIXBURGH SIXBURGH. Patriots fans aren't even nearly as widespread around the West as you'd think they are.

39 minutes ago, chococoke said:

I don't quite understand multiple Steelers players coming out and talking about next week's game. Hopefully all that BS will inspire Bortles to do amazing things and throw for 150 yards 

You got your wish. This team didn't learn shit from week 5. Still making Bortles look like Brady, Ben still throwing picks. How fucking EMBARRASSING. I've never felt so humiliated by this team EVER.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

The refs are so inconsistent with those. One day I could see a game where it's almost never called, and then I could get a game like the one the Steelers were in this season where it felt like near every incomplete pass attempt on both sides was called PI! I forget who we were against that day though, for some reason, but it was stupid.

The fact that some refs feel the need to review almost every play as a possible incomplete pass is frustrating. 'OMG it looks like he lost control of the ball when he hit the ground, review', Ugh just let the players play the damn game for fucks sake.

1 minute ago, Elincia said:

The fact that some refs feel the need to review almost every play as a possible incomplete pass is frustrating. 'OMG it looks like he lost control of the ball when he hit the ground, review', Ugh just let the players play the damn game for fucks sake.

This is a reason the catch rule sucks and really needs to be changed up some in the offseason.

I'm never watching the Steelers again so long as they play like they are. I won't just jump to another fanbase or anything, I would hope that they start playing better, but I don't watch when they play bad. It's not fun, obviously. I don't expect them to win all the time, of course, so I'm not nearly as upset when they play well and still lose, but their playing right now is unacceptable. They're making a bad team look like the Patriots.

1 minute ago, -Cynthia- said:

Weird 4th down playcall by the Steelers there. Why go to the outside when going up the middle was working pretty well?

You kidding? Did you notice we were literally going nowhere by running the ball? Bell isn't doing shit. Nobody really is, but running is getting us mostly negative yardage. Not like passing is doing much either though. Also, this is why Todd Haley is getting fired.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is a reason the catch rule sucks and really needs to be changed up some in the offseason.

I'm never watching the Steelers again so long as they play like they are. I won't just jump to another fanbase or anything, I would hope that they start playing better, but I don't watch when they play bad. It's not fun, obviously. I don't expect them to win all the time, of course, so I'm not nearly as upset when they play well and still lose, but their playing right now is unacceptable. They're making a bad team look like the Patriots.

A team who won their division, has one of the best running offenses and at least a top 2 defense is a 'bad team'? Get over yourself.

You kidding? Did you notice we were literally going nowhere by running the ball? Bell isn't doing shit. Nobody really is, but running is getting us mostly negative yardage. Not like passing is doing much either though. Also, this is why Todd Haley is getting fired.

He broke a 20 yarder up the middle and when you only need one yard going straight forward is generally your best bet.

14 minutes ago, Elincia said:

Ref reviews happen in the last two minutes of a half.

Booth reviews happen on every turnover and scoring play.

They don't review everything, only what coaches challenge and questionable plays in the last two minutes of a half.

1 minute ago, -Cynthia- said:

A team who won their division, has one of the best running offenses and at least a top 2 defense is a 'bad team'? Get over yourself.

Yeah, the Jaguars are really legit.

Edited by Lord Raven

2 minutes ago, -Cynthia- said:

You mean a team with a bad offense and only got into the playoffs because much of the AFC wasn't that good this year? Yeah, bad team. This is why I'm completely embarrassed. I guess I'd rather lose to this team than the fucking Patriots though.

2 minutes ago, -Cynthia- said:

He broke a 20 yarder up the middle and when you only need one yard going straight forward is generally your best bet.

Generally, yes. But when Bell's been tackled for one yard or negative yardage, even using him for a 4th and 1 situation is hardly a guarantee.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, chococoke said:

If you think the Jags are a bad team then you really haven't been watching football this season. Also, chill. There's still a lot of time left

They struggled against the Bills. lol And you also said yourself that Bortles sucks. This is coming from someone that likes the Jags, btw. And I admit that they're bad.

And yeah, but what if the Patriots came in and ended up trailing 21-0? I bet you'd feel embarrassed too. I think this team talked too much about potentially having a rematch with the Patriots and didn't focus enough on today.

That said though, we finally scored. Glad it at least won't be a shutout.

Edited by Anacybele

They struggled against the Bills. lol And you also said yourself that Bortles sucks. This is coming from someone that likes the Jags, btw. And I admit that they're bad.

They're also one of your three losses this season... They went 10-6 and lost their last two once the bye was out of reach. They also lead the league in takeaways or were like top 3 in takeaways while having a strong rushing attack. This is a really good defense lead by a mediocre-at-best offense.

Edited by Lord Raven

8 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

They're also one of your three losses this season... They went 10-6 and lost their last two once the bye was out of reach. They also lead the league in takeaways or were like top 3 in takeaways while having a strong rushing attack. This is a really good defense lead by a mediocre-at-best offense.

Yeah, and this Steelers team has been known to downplay to bad teams like this. And having a good defense doesn't make you a good team. Look at your Ravens. Missed the playoffs the last couple of years or so and yet have a good defense.

And wow, more humiliation... This Steelers team just doesn't care. Losing a fumble and having it returned for a TD when you're already down by two scores? Yeah, they don't care. Somebody needs fired though. Not sure who, but probably some coaches.

EDIT: That call didn't do anything for us though? The TD still counted. Though taunting the other team after scoring like that is rude as hell and I'm glad it gets penalized.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, this is quite the roflstomp. I’m a little concerned with Fournette though. Hopefully the injury wasn’t serious and he’ll be back in action for the second half.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and this Steelers team has been known to downplay to bad teams like this. And having a good defense doesn't make you a good team. Look at your Ravens. Missed the playoffs the last couple of years or so and yet have a good defense.

The Steelers have always done that. That's the entire AFC North in a nutshell.

The Ravens this year were pretty much slightly above average, and our first half (first 10 games) Defense was way better than our second half (last 6 games) defense (our first half offense was way worse than our second half offense). They weren't a bad team at all.

Regardless, having the #1 defense in the league in a bunch of metrics (sacks, passing yards i think, Top 3 in PA, and top 3 in takeaways) and having a top run game is not a bad team at all...  especially since they've had a few impressive wins (Seattle, Baltimore, Pittsburgh) through this season.

10 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Wow, this is quite the roflstomp. I’m a little concerned with Fournette though. Hopefully the injury wasn’t serious and he’ll be back in action for the second half.

As much as I hate the way we're playing right now, I wouldn't count us out yet. We made several comeback wins this year and we're only down by two scores again. Guys need to regroup and adjust for the second half if they want to pull off another. Tomlin and company have no excuses. That said though, I don't like our chances here.

EDIT: @Lord Raven Actually, the Steelers were no. 1 in sacks this year. They had 56, the Jags only got 55. But like I said, I don't deny their defense is good. But because their offense isn't, well, they can't be called a good TEAM. Our defense today is just not playing the way they should.

Edited by Anacybele

HOLY SHIT BELL. DAT TD CATCH. This stuff is why I don't want to lose him!

Also, Jesse James tippy-toeing down the sideline. lol Finally some REAL Steelers offense. Now can this motivate the defense to get going and give us the ball back flawlessly?