NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

...And just like that, we're down by two scores again. We even had two chances to tie it up, two really good ones. Just...why? Though also, refs missed a holding call on the Jags on that 4th down attempt. Thanks, refs.

It's the 4th quarter now, so no way we can win at this point. Sigh... Can't believe this team waits until the playoffs to lose to bad teams.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather be the 'bad team' that makes the AFCCG than the 'good team' (hint: Steelers D is not that good) sitting at home lol. Still not confident though, Steelers have pulled off a lot of comebacks this year.

Edited by -Cynthia-

13 minutes ago, -Cynthia- said:

I'd rather be the 'bad team' that makes the AFCCG than the 'good team' (hint: Steelers D is not that good) sitting at home lol. Still not confident though, Steelers have pulled off a lot of comebacks this year.

It WAS good before Shazier got hurt, honestly... He was pretty much the leader there, so that really stung, plus he was pretty damn good. We still led the league in sacks anyway though. And I'm surprised we haven't sacked Bortles yet today.

AB!! One-score game again that fast, wow. Didn't expect it, honestly. But we still gotta tie it the fuck up!

EDIT: Or not. Defense didn't want to get off the field on third down and just let them convert over and over until they got to the endzone again. Wtf is this BS? Sigh... Can't believe this...

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @Lord Raven Actually, the Steelers were no. 1 in sacks this year. They had 56, the Jags only got 55. But like I said, I don't deny their defense is good. But because their offense isn't, well, they can't be called a good TEAM. Our defense today is just not playing the way they should.

Top-5 defense with 15ish ranked offense is a good team. In fact, a lot of Super Bowl winners had that setup.

Just now, Lord Raven said:

Top-5 defense with 15ish ranked offense is a good team. In fact, a lot of Super Bowl winners had that setup.

I'd say their offense is worse than that, honestly. Our defense just sucks today.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd say their offense is worse than that, honestly. Our defense just sucks today.

5th in points, 6th in yards, 17th pass yards, 1st in rushing yards. I don't think we're actually the 5th-6th best offense(played some weak defenses, points off of takeaways), but we're better than a lot of people think IMO.

But the media narrative is Bortles sucks, I guess that's more important than statistics or results.

Edited by -Cynthia-

The Jags offense isn’t too shabby in all honesty. It’s just Bortles can be very inconsistent and when they underperform a lot of the blame is put on him. Sometimes it’s justified, other times it’s a little unfair.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

5 minutes ago, -Cynthia- said:

5th in points, 6th in yards, 17th pass yards, 1st in rushing yards. I don't think we're actually the 5th-6th best offense(played some weak defenses, points off of takeaways), but we're better than a lot of people think IMO.

But the media narrative is Bortles sucks, I guess that's more important than statistics or results.

The Jags could easily be a Super Bowl team if Bortles could just be consistently good. Regardless, they're far from a bad team this season. 

Edited by Elincia

1 minute ago, Elincia said:

The Jags could easily be a Super Bowl team if Bortles could just be consistently good. Regardless, they're far from a bad team this season. 

How we beat them twice is honestly beyond me. I bet if we won yesterday, the Jags would get their sweet third time.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Based on what?

26.1 PF - #5 in the league

365.9 yards per game - #6 in the league

224.6 pass yards per game - #17 in the league

141.4 rush yards per game - #1 in the league

23 TOs - #19 in the league

Elite rushing offense, mediocre passing offense, mediocre to above average offense.

6 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

Based on what?

26.1 PF - #5 in the league

365.9 yards per game - #6 in the league

224.6 pass yards per game - #17 in the league

141.4 rush yards per game - #1 in the league

23 TOs - #19 in the league

Elite rushing offense, mediocre passing offense, mediocre to above average offense.

Based on what I'd seen of them? What else?

Game over. This was a very winnable game thrown away by poor defense and a couple early turnovers. Despicable, losing to a bad team in the playoffs. Looks like the Patriots will repeat as SB champions. No one left stands a chance. So boring. I'm losing more and more interest in the NFL anyway because of how boring this is.

EDIT: Oh, there were several missed calls the refs should've made on the Jags too, but it doesn't excuse what I said above.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Based on what I'd seen of them? What else?

When they put up 30 on the Steelers and burned clock? Like, I'm not sure where you're getting at, because this offense is way better than you're saying.

Just now, Lord Raven said:

When they put up 30 on the Steelers and burned clock? Like, I'm not sure where you're getting at, because this offense is way better than you're saying.

And they put up 10 on the Bills. lol And our defense was really bad today.

Thank you Jags for pulling through.

Now whether they'll have a chance against the Pats will depend on how good of a game Bortles has. Proud to see this team come so far this season, especially after the embarrassment that was last season.  

Poor Ana. The Steelers wasted their time in the final minute. That game was entertaining none the less.

With one wish granted, all I need is for the Saints to choke. 

10 minutes ago, chococoke said:

I think Mike Tomlin just proved he's the worst coach in the league. That ending sequence was unreal. Actually, it was pathetic. He should be fired immediately

Mike Tomlin is not a bad coach. Haley is just a bad OC. They ARE letting him go for a reason. And even then, the defense was the bigger problem today. Either Keith Butler needs to be fired as well (he's the DC), or we need to draft more in the defensive line and secondary.

5 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Poor Ana. The Steelers wasted their time in the final minute.

Wow, not necessary. At all. Don't you have better things to do than make fun of people?

Anyway, I guess I have to hope the Jags beat the Patriots, but nothing matters to me now. NFL is just boring to me at this point and it doesn't look like my team will ever get to another SB for a long time.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, -Cynthia- said:

Clearly he had a rematch of the Jaguars/Patriots preseason game in mind.

Now you're going to make fun of people too?

I don't agree with Bell having posted that, believe me, but still. Also, it wasn't his fault we lost. He played pretty well. His defense failed him.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, not necessary. At all. Don't you have better things to do than make fun of people?

Yikes, geez calm down. I wasn’t making fun of you in the slightest. On the contrary I was actually intending to be sympathetic, but obviously you didn’t see it that way. My bad for wording it poorly but there’s no need to lash out.

Just now, SilvertheShadow said:

Yikes, geez calm down. I wasn’t making fun of you in the slightest. On the contrary I was actually intending to be sympathetic, but obviously you didn’t see it that way. My bad for wording it poorly but there’s no need to lash out.

Okay, sorry. Text is really hard to interpret at times. Especially for someone like me. I'm an Aspie, and those kinds of people often have trouble with that. And I'm trying not to, but maybe I'm letting my disappointment get to me a bit too much too.