NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

Welp. The Steelers lost (to my personal yet not intense dismay), but the game had some good excitement, all things considered. The Jags earned their win. At the very least, the Jaguars are a nice fresh face compared to Pittsburgh and look like pretty strong contenders to possibly knock off New England. They also have some cool jerseys.

As for the Steelers, they're gonna need to find out how to settle all these issues with their players and coaches this offseason.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Welp. The Steelers lost (to my personal yet not intense dismay), but the game had some good excitement, all things considered. The Jags earned their win. At the very least, the Jaguars are a nice fresh face compared to Pittsburgh and look like pretty strong contenders to possibly knock off New England. They also have some cool jerseys.

As for the Steelers, they're gonna need to find out how to settle all these issues with their players and coaches this offseason.

Thanks for being a good sport, was an interesting game. Steelers are still a really good team obviously, but they do have a lot to think about this offseason. 

Vikings looking super good right now.

A lot think of the problems on the Steelers start with Tomlin. One of the things Bill Belichick does without fail is ensure that his team is focused on the opponent that week and absolutely NOTHING else (also led to the infamous "we're on to Cincinnati" line from Bill after the blowout KC loss and death of the dynasty.) Tomlin's team this year showed that it was not always focused on the opponent at hand by constantly playing down to bad opponents. Obviously I'm not trying to trash the Jaguars, but Leveon Bell's tweet is an example of a player (and an important one, too) clearly not 100% focused on that week's game.

Hell, even Tomlin himself said on national tv in NOVEMBER that he was looking forward to the rematch with New England in the championship game. I think Tomlin doesn't help in any aspect whatsoever, leading to his coordinator's doing the same old crap they always do. 

Is anyone watching this Vikings-Saints game? I find it bizarre that the Saints are having their punter play with an obvious injury. I feel like he could be seriously hurt and shouldn't be in the game.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Oh, so I wasn't the only one rooting for them. That's nice to see. And yeah, I agree.

55 minutes ago, chococoke said:

A lot think of the problems on the Steelers start with Tomlin. One of the things Bill Belichick does without fail is ensure that his team is focused on the opponent that week and absolutely NOTHING else (also led to the infamous "we're on to Cincinnati" line from Bill after the blowout KC loss and death of the dynasty.) Tomlin's team this year showed that it was not always focused on the opponent at hand by constantly playing down to bad opponents. Obviously I'm not trying to trash the Jaguars, but Leveon Bell's tweet is an example of a player (and an important one, too) clearly not 100% focused on that week's game.

Hell, even Tomlin himself said on national tv in NOVEMBER that he was looking forward to the rematch with New England in the championship game. I think Tomlin doesn't help in any aspect whatsoever, leading to his coordinator's doing the same old crap they always do. 

Is anyone watching this Vikings-Saints game? I find it bizarre that the Saints are having their punter play with an obvious injury. I feel like he could be seriously hurt and shouldn't be in the game.

Tomlin needs to be better at getting the players prepared for every game and not look ahead to a game that might not happen for them. But he's still a good coach. You do know that he's never had a losing season and he DID win one SB, right? Sure, it was with Cowher's guys, but he managed to get them back to the SB. And he's built the greatest offense we've ever had. The Steelers previously were more about defense and were mediocre on offense in comparison.

I won't say he's the best coach, or even a truly great one, but he's not bad at all. He just has a couple big problems to work out. And Todd Haley needs to go. And the defense needs more work.

1 hour ago, chococoke said:

Literally like half of their team is injured. They probably don't have many options.

The Vikings are starting to be the Vikings we all know and try to ignore moving into the 4th quarter.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, sorry. Text is really hard to interpret at times. Especially for someone like me. I'm an Aspie, and those kinds of people often have trouble with that. And I'm trying not to, but maybe I'm letting my disappointment get to me a bit too much too.

Oh, that makes two of us! It’s something I occasionally struggle with as well so I can relate. In hindsight my comment may have unintendedly come off as condescending. Also you have every right to be disappointed, had my team lost against the Titans I would have been pretty salty.

1 hour ago, chococoke said:

I think you bring up a good point. It seemed like before the game the Steelers got too cocky (Bell’s tweet, as you pointed out, is a good example of this). It’s clear that they didn’t see Jacksonville as a threat and didn’t take them seriously despite getting spanked by them earlier in the season. Granted, with the Jaguars sputtering in the past three weeks (mostly due to offense), the media had more faith in the Steelers, so understandably they were feeling confident. However, it costed them big time here. It’s one thing to be confident, but they shouldn’t have counted their chickens before they hatch.

Also loving how this game is turning out. Take that, Saints! 

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Oh, that makes two of us! It’s something I occasionally struggle with as well so I can relate. In hindsight my comment may have unintendedly come off as condescending. Also you have every right to be disappointed, had my team lost against the Titans I would have been pretty salty.

Is it just me, or is every other person around here on the net an Aspie? I feel like I meet them an awful lot here. But that's fine, it means I find people that understand me. And yeah, exactly.

5 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I think you bring up a good point. It seemed like before the game the Steelers got too cocky (Bell’s tweet, as you pointed out, is a good example of this). It’s clear that they didn’t see Jacksonville as a threat and didn’t take them seriously despite getting spanked by them earlier in the season. Granted, with the Jaguars sputtering in the past three weeks (mostly due to offense), the media had more faith in the Steelers, so understandably they were feeling confident. However, it costed them big time here. It’s one thing to be confident, but they shouldn’t have counted their chickens before they hatch.

They did get overconfident and I hope they've learned a valuable lesson. And that Todd Haley goes.

5 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Also loving how this game is turning out. Take that, Saints! 

SSSSSSSSHHHH

The moment the Vikings become the favorite is always the moment it falls apart. Like right now.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Is it just me, or is every other person around here on the net an Aspie? I feel like I meet them an awful lot here. But that's fine, it means I find people that understand me. And yeah, exactly.

I happen to be an Aspie too. From my personal experience, it's easier to interact with people online then it is in person, which is likely what brings a lot of people like us to the Web.

Edited by Elincia

8 minutes ago, Elincia said:

I happen to be an Aspie too. From my personal experience, it's easier to interact with people online then it is in person, which is likely what brings a lot of people like us to the Web.

I'd like to believe that, except it hasn't stopped me from having problems anyway. This is a conversation for another topic or a PM though, so if you want to discuss it further, we ought to take it to PMs.

I'm still speechless. I can't believe Keenum pulled that off. These two games were phenomenal, and not just because my preferred teams won for that matter. What a week. 

That was definitely an incredible play, but if that safety had any common sense whatsoever, he tackles Diggs inbounds and the game ends right there. Either way, that was a fantastic game and a quality win for the Vikings

holy fuck! patriots-titans game aside what a great divisional round

seriously these playoffs are the best i've seen in years so far...  and the championship games are out of nowhere aside from the Patriots