New Interview with the Devs.

Truthblade

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So, what is this permanent choice in twin?

You choose one of them to play as for story mode, while the other shows up in maps as NPC captain. According to one of these two sources, I dunno which one that tidbit comes from. They didn't mention whether it's a choice you can change. I assume choosing which Robin shows up is permanent since it's not like the other Robin is going to be running around as a Captain concurrently.

15 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

No alternative weapon types confirmed. That's one mystery solved. They also confirm armor knights wielding spears will make an appearance when talking about Frederick's class, place those bets! Also, they say those 5 revealed characters at E3 is "about 20%" of the roster. So, around 25 characters then.

Including the twins, wouldn't the E3 characters be about 7?

Oh, another interesting thing is that Chrom was made first and characters kept being compared to his moveset. Would that make Chrom the equivalent of Zhao Yun and Yukimura?

Edited by Folt

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

Including the twins, wouldn't the E3 characters be about 7?

Oh right, I forgot those two were playable at E3. Hard to remember a timeline of what we knew and when we knew it.

Edited by Glennstavos

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

You choose one of them to play as for story mode, while the other shows up in maps as NPC captain. According to one of these two sources, I dunno which one that tidbit comes from. They didn't mention whether it's a choice you can change. I assume choosing which Robin shows up is permanent since it's not like the other Robin is going to be running around as a Captain concurrently.

Also, I believe F!Robin was confirmed to not appear in the story. Did you mean the twins?

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Ew... why?

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

Also, I believe F!Robin was confirmed to not appear in the story. Did you mean the twins?

Was she? I thought they doubled back and said you pick one of the Robins, and that's why we saw F Robin in that cutscene screenshot. People keep correcting me with this stuff every time I post, I don't know what's theory and what's confirmed anymore.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Ew... why?

Ask the designers of the game, not me.

I guess around 35 characters is not all that bad. I'm still looking for that awesome key gimmick to separate this game from the other warrior games. I guess the support system is okay. There's also command over allies. I'm crossing my fingers for general control over the grunts and lesser officers as well.

Also, online play? Were there any plans for that?

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Was she? I thought they doubled back and said you pick one of the Robins, and that's why we saw F Robin in that cutscene screenshot. People keep correcting me with this stuff every time I post, I don't know what's theory and what's confirmed anymore.

We saw that screenshot first. The confirmation that F!Robin is not involved in Story Mode came latter. It's most likely a screenshot from her victory cutscene or her intro cutscene when you're about to fight her.

Colosseum mode seems like it will be p. cool. Still hoping that a mode w/ standard FE gameplay makes it into the final game somehow.

Based on the interview, it looks like we are getting 25 to 30 characters, which is a pretty good amount. And it seems like there will be a fair amount of characters from all three games, which I'm pretty happy about.

*Insert generic complaint about all games in the series not being representative"

2 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Colosseum mode seems like it will be p. cool. Still hoping that a mode w/ standard FE gameplay makes it into the final game somehow.

Based on the interview, it looks like we are getting 25 to 30 characters, which is a pretty good amount. And it seems like there will be a fair amount of characters from all three games, which I'm pretty happy about.

*Insert generic complaint about all games in the series not being representative"

From the way Hayashi worded it ("just about 20% of the whole content" and at the time we had 7 characters) there's a chance it might even go past 30, which would be amazing.

I'm interested in the comment about removing Lucina. They thought about it, which would've guaranteed the exclusion of the other second generation characters. However, we now know that Lucina will appear in the game, so that hopefully means we'll get some more of the Awakening kids.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm interested in the comment about removing Lucina. They thought about it, which would've guaranteed the exclusion of the other second generation characters. However, we now know that Lucina will appear in the game, so that hopefully means we'll get some more of the Awakening kids.

Owain is probably soft key confirmed because of that statement too. (Super popular after all)

Theres also this apparently.

Just now, Jedi said:

Owain is probably soft key confirmed because of that statement too. (Super popular after all)

Or they just pull a Heroes and give us the Three Idiots. I don't like it, but it would be more consistent.

Just give me Cynthia though.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Theres also this apparently.

Huh. I don't dare to hope for so many, but it definitely sounds like there'll be more than 25, at any rate.

6 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

And we still only know Marth and can reasonably expect Tiki.

"Cordelia!" was the tone-deaf marketer trying to distract everyone from the fact F!Robin still exists and we still don't know what the deal with her is- and when there are a non-zero amount of options that just plain don't work, that's not something you can brush aside.

I think Hyrule Warriors also made the 'Crossover' thing known ahead of time. Memories to when we thought HW was Skyward Sword only...

The reveals aren't over yet. There can certainly be more Fates and SD characters on the way to be revealed.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they didn't clear up the thing with female Robin, but Cordelia is still a nice reveal anyway.

5 hours ago, Martin said:

They not going to just make move sets similar if units have the same classes "aside from lord" are they? 

Even when this game was first brought up, I wondered about the variety of the move sets if it's just sword, axe, and spear.

Edit: Ignore me, I misread that.

So, Chrom is the Mario of this game? I love it.

And I know I'm biased, but I honestly think not including Lucina would have been shooting themselves in the foot. Still, it looks like she started a trend, but that begs the question of who is following in her footsteps? 

I'm also a bit curious as to who will be the armored knight. I personally would want Draug out of these choices. 

Edited by Arthur97

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

And I know I'm biased, but I honestly think not including Lucina would have been shooting themselves in the foot. Still, it looks like she started a trend, but that begs the question of who is following in her footsteps? 

Not like they included any of the other CYLs...

I can see where they were coming from. They need to do more sorcery to justify why Lucina's showing up, rather than just the regular sorcery for why Chrom's there. Or make Lucina not a story character.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I can see where they were coming from. They need to do more sorcery to justify why Lucina's showing up, rather than just the regular sorcery for why Chrom's there. Or make Lucina not a story character.

DLC, dude.

She might not be in the story, actually. I remember something from those other articles that the early part of the story will be the twins, Chrom, Frederick, Robin, Lissa, and Cordelia. Lucina's not a part of this here. So unless she appears late in the story for whatever reason, she could be a non-story character. I kinda hope she isn't in the story, otherwise I feel like there'll be some stupid reason to try to justify why she's there. AND I don't want to be forced to play as her, though that's rather unlikely here.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

DLC, dude.

She might not be in the story, actually. I remember something from those other articles that the early part of the story will be the twins, Chrom, Frederick, Robin, Lissa, and Cordelia. Lucina's not a part of this here. So unless she appears late in the story for whatever reason, she could be a non-story character. I kinda hope she isn't in the story, otherwise I feel like there'll be some stupid reason to try to justify why she's there. AND I don't want to be forced to play as her, though that's rather unlikely here.

Yes, because paying more money for a game of what might be questionable gameplay quality after HW/L just for recognisable characters is the solution...

I remember her having a dramatic backdrop in her intro trailer, like she was in a story cutscene. Not too sure if that guarantees it, but still.

And in Hyrule Warriors, you were rarely forced to play as anyone other than Link. The only instances were at the story split, where Link was on only one route, and Ganondorf's story towards the end. Then again, that game had a limited cast for Legend Mode.

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Must I go over the fallacy of CYL?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Yes, because paying more money for a game of what might be questionable gameplay quality after HW/L just for recognisable characters is the solution...

I remember her having a dramatic backdrop in her intro trailer, like she was in a story cutscene. Not too sure if that guarantees it, but still.

And in Hyrule Warriors, you were rarely forced to play as anyone other than Link. The only instances were at the story split, where Link was on only one route, and Ganondorf's story towards the end. Then again, that game had a limited cast for Legend Mode.

They seemed to imply that she will show up in the story mode and that she's relatively important. I mean, she had cutscenes in the trailer. Again, as Nintendo/IS seemed to point out, it's a decision that had to be made.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Just take it with a grain of salt. There are a lot of factors going into it that make it not exactly entirely reliable.

The developers don't seem to, why should I?

The initial joke still stands. I don't see how Lucina's marketability is any different to Ike's other than 'we can actually write a handwave to maybe put her in the Story mode'.

17 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Are you just going to complain about every little thing in the game?

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

The initial joke still stands. I don't see how Lucina's marketability is any different to Ike's other than 'we can actually write a handwave to maybe put her in the Story mode'.

And you probably just answered your own question here. Lucina is easier to justify in the story (if she's in it) because she's from one of the three games primarily being used. I'm sure there's a way for Ike to be in it too, but it's probably more difficult meaning he could be better off as DLC.