Which non-FE series would you want to see cross over?

Snowy_One

Which Series would you want?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which Series would you want?

• Final Fantasy
    • Mario
    • Legend of Zelda
    • Persona
    • Pokemon
    • Dragon Quest
    • Touhou
    • Xeno (Gear/Saga/Blade)
    • Street Fighter
    • Fate/Stay Night
    • Other (post in-topic)
    • I hate the very concept of 'what-if' fun and questioning and will be a total buzz-kill and insist that no series should even be considered to cross over.

The obvious one is FE's old rival from the 90s, Shining Force. :D

But I voted Final Fantasy since it has many of the elements of FE, the main one being the fact it's also an anthology series, and it also has a TRPG spinoff.

It's probably not a good idea to bring Fate characters over since many of them are completely broken (*cough*Gilgamesh*cough*). In Fate the plot takes precedence over stats most of the time so we see many impossible feats and nonsensical turnarounds. Shirou's actual fate in FSN is any of the 40 Bad Ends.

Edited by Skynstein

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's actually finish putting in Fire Emblem characters first. We're not even a quarter of the way through the characters on the CYL poll.

Fate/Stay Night has the least interesting characters in the Fate series. Prisma Illya's Illya has more personality than the entirety of Stay Night combined.

2 hours ago, Asumi said:

Bravely! 

I'll second this one, though.

Despite agreeing that it should stay FE only for now, for the sake of the thread, I'm not gonna be a total buzzkill and actually answer.

I was on the fence for a bit, with Dragon Quest and Touhou being my debated answers, but I eventually arrived at the conclusion that Dragon Quest fits much better in terms of setting and how characters fight, so that.  Touhou characters fight by flinging non-lethal lights all over everything and flying, Dragon Quest characters fight with swords and lances and bows and stuff.

Link would be neat though

And I'd be game for Fate if it meant Waver and/or Iskander, but you specified Stay Night over Zero.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
2 hours ago, Asumi said:

Bravely! 

I'll second this one, though.

And I'll Bravely Third! 

I'll gladly take Victor and Lester DeRosso- both are well developed characters and rise above the cartoonish nature of other Asterisk wielders. Braev, Janne, Kaiser Oblivion, and maybe Geist too.

And afterwards, I'll take about 20 variants of Tiz (mostly BS ones, but I'd take Onion Knight and BD Monk and Ranger Tiz too). Yokai Tiz (he's one badass Kitsune), Kaiser Tiz, Merchant Tiz, Exorcist Tiz, Hawkeye Tiz (I guess Tomahawk Tiz too), Performer Tiz, Pirate Tiz, Ninja Tiz, Dark Knight Tiz, Catmancer Tiz, Thief Tiz, Swordmaster Tiz, Charioteer Tiz, Astrologian Tiz, Red Mage Tiz, Washcloth Tiz, Eastern God Garb Tiz (both the international and Japanese versions), Melodist Tiz, Sagittarius Tiz, and while we're at it, let's throw in Patissier, Knight, Bishop, Wizard, White Mage, Guardian, BD Freelancer, and Templar Tizs. Also, as a crossover costume, Hoshidan Archer Tiz (aka Takumi's outfit- Takumi gets a Norende Villager outfit in return). 

I guess we can toss a few Edeas, Ringabels, Agneses, Yews, and Magnolias in there too. But I mostly want the MC who has the hair of an edgelord, but a mild, simple and sweet personality that is anything but that. 

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Zengar Zombolt with anti-armor Zankantou!

Seriously, though... actually, personally I would think having SRW characters in there would be both funny and awesome. Too bad most don't have mechas that can translate well to FE weaponry. Oh well...

Other than that, hmm... not really sure, actually.

I'd roll for a Ratsel on rollerblades with scaled down Lanzerkanones, Schulterplattes, and a black cape. And an Excellen with a downsized Howling Rifle. And Kyosuke with a Revolving Bunker and portable Claymore Launcher. Give Ryusei a pair of telekinetic gloves for punching and sword-generating, Beam Chakram for Rai, Strike Shields for Aya, an R-gun for Viletta. Haken gets his full arsenal. A human-sized black Gespenst suit for Gilliam. Double Jet Magnums for Kai. A Black Hole Gun for Ring, Calamity Sword for Irm. Cross Smasher for Lune while a Zephyr Sword and Familiars go to Masaki. Beetle Crusher and Raptor Wings for Arado, and Oxtongue Rifle for Seolla. Shu gets an "I win" Degeneration Cannon (or Black Hole Cluster if we drop the Neo). Alfimi has a katana plus two skull familiars, a pair of gloves for Axel. Lamia gets a Angelg Bow (or Vysaga Katana). Bullet has the Sonic Javelin with Random Spike transformation, the Dragoon Blade for Kusuha.

See, it's not hard to integrate SRW- just think miniature!

4 hours ago, Ottokar said:

Alright, I understand. Please continue to substantiate your reasoning.

Let's pretend that every last character in the poll was released.  That's 700 characters.  Throw in the seasonal ones (Chrom in bunny ears), and you're looking at a GIGANTIC cast.

---

I am That Person who'd love a Kingdom Hearts crossover.

A lot of those would be cool.

A Zelda-esque FE game/An FE-esque Zelda game would be sweet/Anything in between would be sweet.

But given how Warriors was strongarmed by Nintendo and IS to go in a specific direction, Senran Kagura is probably the next most likely crossover.

Edited by Slumber

When Heroes was first getting started, I thought it'd be kinda cool if, for the release of certain major Nintendo games, IS released special event banners of FE characters dressed up like characters from the franchise in question. Like, FE characters dressed up like Zelda characters for Breath of the Wild, or like Mario characters for Super Mario Odyssey. But given how many event banners we've already gotten, and how many characters there are in the series yet to be added to Heroes, yeah that won't be necessary.

Going with the hypothetical of the thread, though, I think if we were to get characters from another franchise appearing in Heroes, Zelda would probably fit the best. Kid Icarus and Xenoblade have characters that could probably fit the movement/weapon types in the game pretty well too. And that's not going into all the other smaller Nintendo franchises that probably have characters that could also work. I'm mainly sticking to Nintendo with this, because the licensing and stuff is probably easier when it's all done under the same company instead of reaching out to third parties. At least, I'd assume so.

I don't even want to consider other characters in here. I remember someone suggesting a Smash crossover and the idea of finding something like Charizard in the Arena would totally kill any immersion I had in the game. 

I really want it to stay FE only, despite every other game of this type having crossovers. We honestly don't need it - there are more than enough characters to keep it going for a fair while, not including new releases and crossovers. 

That being said, FE characters in outfits from other franchises would be absolutely fine with me. I'd especially love characters dressed up like the Tales of games :)

Edited by Cute Chao

Ash as a Manakete who transforms into Charizard then?

Anyways, IIRC Bravely Default is now considered to be, more or less, part of Final Fantasy. Maybe about on-par with Crystal Chronicles, but a legit part of the franchise.

Also, I wrote in F/S N because if you're not a fan it's probably the only one you've heard of along with MAYBE Zero.

Touhou, well... More flying mages! And they might count as 'infantry' instead!

12 hours ago, Skynstein said:

The obvious one is FE's old rival from the 90s, Shining Force. :D

Omg!  Someone else who knows about Shining Force!  I was SO obsessed with Shining Force 1 and 2 in the mid 90s.  I remember inviting my friends over for my 7th (?) birthday party and trying to get them to play it, haha.  (They got bored of it fast, unfortunately.)

---

I voted for Final Fantasy, another series very close to my heart. :wub:

Fate/Stay Night. They would mesh amazingly into the world and their classes are practically built for a game like this already.

• Saber - Red Sword
  • Lancer - Blue Lance
  • Berserker - Green Axe (It's an axe sword so ehh.)
  • Archer - Colorless Archer
  • Caster - Blue Tome
  • Rin - Red Tome
  • Sakura - Green Tome
  • Shirou - Colorless Dagger
  • Ilya - Staff User

Gilgamesh is cool but utterly and retardedly broken and thus he's exempt. Plus they'd probably just make him a Red which is really disappointing.

At most...

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (while it may be a crossover title, it's considered a separate IP from Fire Emblem and Megami Tensei)
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Codename: S.T.E.A.M.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors (it's really a Dynasty Warriors game with a Fire Emblem skin)
  • Paper Mario (very iffy on this one - it's due to sharing similar sprite styles and being produced by IS)

Advance Wars.

Orange Star: Staffbot Andy, Axe User Max, Hone Infantry Sami, Nell with a +Dmg skill, and Hachi with a P2W skill.
Blue Moon: Olaf would make every map have a snow skin, Archer Grit with 3 range, and Colin with lowered SP costs.
Green Earth: Flier Eagle with Galeforce, Pirate Drake, and some bland Jess.
Yellow Comet: Armour BST Kanbei on a horse, Sonja with an 'ignore forts' skill, and Sensei with Invoke.

(Black Hole: Lash with no terrain costs, Adder with halved Special costs, Hawke with AoE, and Sturm with some special kind of trick. You can't really do Flak without luck.)

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

Fate/Stay Night. They would mesh amazingly into the world and their classes are practically built for a game like this already.

• Saber - Red Sword
  • Lancer - Blue Lance
  • Berserker - Green Axe (It's an axe sword so ehh.)
  • Archer - Colorless Archer
  • Caster - Blue Tome
  • Rin - Red Tome
  • Sakura - Green Tome
  • Shirou - Colorless Dagger
  • Ilya - Staff User

Gilgamesh is cool but utterly and retardedly broken and thus he's exempt. Plus they'd probably just make him a Red which is really disappointing.

I dread to think how an FE party would be able to counter an Excaliblast without some miracle of their own. :D

24 minutes ago, Skynstein said:

I dread to think how an FE party would be able to counter an Excaliblast without some miracle of their own. :D

Excalibur would be based on Sabers strength probably (or she'd just run Iceberg since Saber has OP magic resistance).

Shirou would probably run Avalon which would make him invincible for a round of combat but he can't counter either or something like that.

16 hours ago, Slumber said:

Senran Kagura

I would go all out and add in Criminal Girls, Dead or Alive Xtreme, Genkai Tokki, Kan Colle, Monster Girl Encyclopedia, Mon Musu, Queen's Blade, and any other fan service/waifu centered series.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Advance Wars.

Yes, please!

You forgot a few from Dual Strike:

Jake: Cavalry
A passive: Grants Atk/Spd+3 on normal tiles.
Rachel:
Special: Before combat this unit initiates, 3 closest foes take 10 damage.
Sasha:
C passive: If unit survives, all team members get an additional 2SP.
Grimm: Cavalry
Weapon: Life and Death 2
Javier: Armor
Weapon: Distance Def 2
Distant Counter
Von Bolt:
Special: Immobilize enemy units within 2 spaces for one turn
C passive: Grants veteran allies within 2 spaces Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat. Grants other allies within 2 spaces Atk/Spd/Def/Res-2 during combat. Grants trainee allies within 2 spaces an additional Atk/Spd/Def/Res-2 during combat.
Jugger: Armor
Weapon: Deals damage equal to the last damage dealt by Enemy on Enemy Phase, ignores Weapon Triangle effect. (This should replicate the randomness.)
Koal: Cavalry
Killer/Slaying
A passive: If unit's Spd - foe's Atk ≥ 1, unit gains Special cooldown charge +1 per attack.
Kindle:
A passive: Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 on Fort tiles.

— — — — — — —

Days of Ruin needs some love too:

12th Battalion
Brenner: Cavalry
Weapon: Renewal 2
Sol
Tanky
Lin:
C Passive: Inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-5 on foes on Fort tiles within 2 spaces through their next actions at the start of each turn.
Will: Cavalry
Weapon: Grants adjacent allies who use swords, axes, lances, or dragonstones movement+1 through their next actions at the start of each turn.
Isabella: Ranged Cavalry
Bow/Dagger: Rng 3
Dr. Morris: Staff
B passive: Negates adjacent allies' stat and status debuffs at the start of a turn.

Lazurian Army
Forscythe:
Weapon: Grants allies within 2 spaces Atk/Sped/Def/Res +2 during combat.
Gage: Infantry
Bow: Rng 3: Unit can access water tiles.
Tasha: Flier
Cordelia/Hinoka 2.0

New Rubinelle Army
Greyfield: Armor
B passive: Unit can access water tiles.
Waylon: Flier
Subaki/Beruka 2.0
Davis: Staff
B passive: Enables unit to warp adjacent to any ally. Unit takes 6 damage after combat. Cannot activate Special.
Terrible stat spread.

Intelligent (Defense) Systems
Caulder: Cavalry
Weapon: Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+6 during battle. Grants allies within 2 spaces Atk/Sped/Def/Res+4 during combat. At the start of every turn, this unit and allies within 2 spaces heal 5 HP. Cannot trigger Special. Allies within 2 spaces cannot trigger Special. Allies within 2 spaces cooldown count cannot decrease.
Cyrus: Cavalry
Weapon: Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 during battle. Grants allies within 2 spaces Atk/Sped/Def/Res+2 during combat. Slows Special trigger (cooldown count+1).
Penny:
B passive: Immune to stat debuffs, status debuffs and out of battle HP damage.
C passive: Allies within 2 spaces are immune to stat debuffs, status debuffs and out of battle HP damage.
Tabitha:
Weapon: Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during battle. Slows Special trigger (cooldown count+2).
Isabella: Ranged Cavalry
Tome: Rng 3

Other
The Beast:
Dagger: Poison Strike 2
Watersweep
Terrible stat distribution; to prevent him from being completely useless, he should have high Speed to utilize Sweep.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Excalibur would be based on Sabers strength probably (or she'd just run Iceberg since Saber has OP magic resistance).

Shirou would probably run Avalon which would make him invincible for a round of combat but he can't counter either or something like that.

It just doesn't work. Excalibur is Anti-Fortress and powerful enough to raze most stuff in its path. In an FE game that'd be beyond broken. :D

It's not the best way to take an army down, but it's powerful enough to kill people, too.

3 hours ago, Skynstein said:

It just doesn't work. Excalibur is Anti-Fortress and powerful enough to raze most stuff in its path. In an FE game that'd be beyond broken. :D

It's not the best way to take an army down, but it's powerful enough to kill people, too.

By that definition in Heroes context, unfortunately Excalibur seems like it would be broken down to an AoE skill which is kind of anticlimactic but otherwise it just sounds like it would be a damage proc skill that did extra damage to armors/high def units.

A Fate stay/night crossover wouldn't work with this game's system, because in Fate, people die when they are killed.

Though I would like a Fate crossover. Preferably with Grand Order though, so that we can get a wider selection of Servants, and also so that FGO would get FE people. @Ice Dragon Can you whale two games lel

11 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Can you whale two games lel

I'm attempting to not whale FGO. It's not working very well, but things will probably stabilize as soon as the summer gacha ends and I have enough copies of Fran to not care about anything else. Waiting for the banner with only Nero and Fran as focus characters to finish breaking Fran's NP. The game seems to not like to give me 4-stars at all, though. I pulled 4 5-star characters (2 of which were Nero) before pulling my first Fran, who was only my 6th 4-star character excluding the tutorial 10-pull.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm attempting to not whale FGO. It's not working very well, but things will probably stabilize as soon as the summer gacha ends and I have enough copies of Fran to not care about anything else. Waiting for the banner with only Nero and Fran as focus characters to finish breaking Fran's NP. The game seems to not like to give me 4-stars at all, though. I pulled 4 5-star characters (2 of which were Nero) before pulling my first Fran, who was only my 6th 4-star character excluding the tutorial 10-pull.

But what if a FGO crossover puts Ninian in FGO?