What is worth giving the peddlers?

So I've been playing SoV, and it's been fun for the most part, but I am lost on what is necessary to pass between the peddlers, and nothing about it is discussed on the forums (unless everyone's using a term I missed)

So, what is worth passing between the parties? I'm still on act 3 and no peddlers have been used.

Edit: I'm also confused on the subquests and which have to be done before a certain point.

Edited by Dayni

From what I understand, their greatest use is sending over one of the shields for a side quest. You see, there are two side quests involving finding the shields of House Rion and House Fugue, there being one side quest for both Celica and Alm. However, you find both shields on Celica's path, so you'll have to send the Rion Shield to Alm using the peddler.

Alternatively, you can just wait for Act 6, where both parties convoys are merged.

As for side quests being miss-able or have to be completed before a certain point... I can't answer. I do not think they are timed, but I can't say for certain.

On 8/12/2017 at 1:51 PM, Dayni said:

Edit: I'm also confused on the subquests and which have to be done before a certain point.

The quests from the trader guy (the coral fragment quest, the coral ring quest, and the steel lance quest) all have deadlines. Random encounters with mosters in graveyards and other world map squares stop spawning after the chapter that that area is first located in, but they start spawning again in the poostgame. as such, any quest that involves killing monsters from such encounters (such as the "kill undead in noves graveyard" quest. either has to be compleated in the chapter you have access to it, or has to wait untill the postgame.

It is worth noting that the gossamer hair is droped in fear mountain (an alm route dungion), but is required for a celeca quest. You can use one of the 3 rigel village merchants for that item, or just wait, because this is pretty late in the game.

Forge a Rapier on Celica's side to send to Alm so his merc can butcher the knights/cavs on his side. I also like to trade around the Mage Ring back and forth between Celica and Alm and give the sidequest items they need for each other (Gossamer Hair to Celica, Rion Shield to Alm after awhile).