Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Comparing our Conquest chapters experiences

Recommended Posts

Conquest is a tough game but I see different feedback to every chapter. I figured it'd be interesting to see what chapters people found difficult and what chapters people found easy or comfortable. You don't have to list every chapter, just the ones you feel like sharing or that stick out.

For me, I found chapter 10 to be quite easy when everyone unanimously stated how hard it was. I just played super defensively.
Chapter 18 was very nerve-wracking to the point where I had to vent in my own separate thread about it lol.
The wind tribe chapter was pretty easy but time consuming. Took me 2 tries? But I played the super patient game and finished it in like 25 turns lmao.
Chapter 24 (Hinoka) was a pain in the ass and took me about 6 tries to come up with a strategy that worked. (It also helped that I grinded my lower-level units)
Chapter 25 (Ryoma) was very easy since I didn't care for the Silence in the west chest. I just went straight for the east chest with the money inside and I had Xander/Effie roflstomp opposition while Ryoma and Corrin played a game of Pokémon starter tackle battle.
And the Iago fight in Conquest is MUCH MUCH easier than his fight in Birthright for me lmao. There were sections so I didn't have to worry about being ganged up on like in BR. I took one room at a time before breaking the doors.

Edited by Ronnie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm in the middle of my second Conquest playthough, so I'll just recount my first playthrough from what I remember.

I finished Chapter 10 in one try, however, I understood what everyone said as for it being impossible. I was on the edge of my seat for the entirety of the chapter, especially after Takumi lowered the water. I only barely got by using luck and the RNG goddess's blessings.

For my first playthrough, I never recruited the children, so I realized by the late mid-game that I was low on experience. As such, chapters 17-22 were all difficult to me. But the worse one in that part of the game was the wind chapter.

Chapter 23, on the other hand, *shutters.* I had been playing on normal classic for the entire game, but it was here that I had to switch to casual in order to keep everyone alive. This one was impossible.

Chapter 25 was interesting. I did it both ways - I had everyone defeat all the Hoshidans, yet I only used Corrin to defeat Ryoma. It was one heck of a battle, as we both dealt little damage to each other, while Ryoma could hit twice while I had access to more weapons via the convoy. I think someone eventually used the Dragon's Vein to lower Ryoma's avoid, but other than that Corrin defeated him singlehandedly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only played Lunatic difficulty, so that's my perspective.

Chapter 10: Unhappy Reunion is stressful, but if you managed to snag Haitaka and/or are smart in how you position and use each of your units (and if Camilla gets a little lucky dodging enemy Ninja debuffs), you can get by just barely without having to reset. The hardest parts of this chapter are Oboro and the Pegasus Knights.

Chapter 19: Kitsune Lair is similarly stressful and more thought needs to be put into how you tackle each horde of Kitsune. Their high speed and movement through forest make for a bad combination as they'll likely close in pretty quickly on your units if you try to retreat and have really high avoid in addition to having effective damage on beasts.

Chapter 21: Eternal Stairway is another chapter that will test a player's patience. Infinite patterned reinforcements and plenty of golems to outrange and hit your squishier units make getting past each stairstep takes longer and longer. 

Chapter 23: Possessed. Easily the hardest not including the Endgame - Hinata's squadron is really hard to approach and it's easier to just say screw it and jump the chasm using fliers. The upper part of the wall isn't necessarily hard but like Hinata, is just hard to approach.

Chapter 24: Hinoka was probably the most fun chapter in the entire route. I am very content every time Hinoka pops the Dragon Vein to see my own fliers move 12 spaces a turn with infantry or cavalry in tow. Even better is reversing the movement so that infantry moves 9 or more. I just think it's really funny. Also, I take the time to chip Hinoka down so far that she suffers -40 penalties to her Atk and Spd thanks to Silver weapon's side effect.

Chapter 25: Ryoma. Specifically, the left side is nasty for those Lunge Automatons with Spy Yumi. Also, the presence of Master Ninja is just annoying in general, especially with Inevitable End in play. The right isn't nearly as bad, and if your Corrin is trained correctly can 1v1 Ryoma and trivialize the whole chapter.

Chapter 26: Treason was extremely satisfying for me. It's a culmination that allows the player to show off what kind of party they put together and tests every member. Just ignore the left side with the Faceless and Stoneborn and you're good to go really. 

Chapter 27 and the Endgame. Cheesing the Endgame with Rescue chaining is really the only way to do no deaths for me. Chapter 27 is pretty simple if you can understand the AI's behavior with the Entrap staves, it's then just a matter of being able to stay alive long enough to get to the boss.

Obviously there are more but I think I'll stick with these 8 (9 including Endgame) for now. I think Conquest is very well put together gameplay wise and although the story doesn't make for the best, I can appreciate the twists they took regarding the final boss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always having a bad time with chapter 8 lol. I don't know why :lol:

Chapter 21 (staircase with the monsters) is also a pain in the ass. I do it LTC style with a Wyvern.

At first, Chapter 18 can seems difficult, but it is so much fun to play !! One of my favorite's chapter.

Chapter 25, Inevitable End :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CompteSecours said:

I'm always having a bad time with chapter 8 lol. I don't know why :lol:

Oh dude I totally struggled with Chapter 8. That was when I realized Hard was too much for me. I think it was after that or during 9 when I switched to Normal cause I wasn't ready for the stress lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the hardest map was chapter 17 the ninja cave. When I played it, I had few ax fighters or bow users.  Which made everything worse for me. The second worse map was Chapter 23 Takumi's great wall,  mostly due to  trying to power my way inside much proved difficult. This thread reminds me soon I have to continue my hard play through of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the Ninja Cave.   I place Effie and Benny in range and I tank them up with a Dracoshield and an Energy Drop each from the rewards and then I buy them each a strength and a Defense Tonic.   Plus I have their spouses (Arthur and Beruka as backup.   I usually bring Camilla, Beruka, Arthur and Charlotte and their spouses in this chapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a Hard Classic, no-grinding run, I find Chapter 17 easy (yet tedious) if one advances right until the reinforcements arrive and only then march up and left to get the other chest and kill the remaining enemies, facing the boss at the very end. The choke point on the right is perfect for building supports and levelling up.
The sad thing of this approach is that Saizo's suicidal march only lasts two turns or so.

Edited by starburst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only managed to beat Conquest on Normal Mode, so I'm not sure I'm in any way qualified to share my experiences (though I'm convinced that most everyone would much rather not see any more posts from me, which is understandable), but here we go anyway.

Chapter 8 was a nightmare the first time through, because of the waves of reinforcements to the south-west combined with Flora's Freeze staff and the fact that Odin and Niles only deal scratch damage to enemies that 2-shot them in return. I played so defensively that I didn't manage to get all 3 houses at first, but I have since worked out a strategy that works.

Chapter 10 was a nice challenge. I didn't have too many problems dealing with the thing. It only gets problematic when you try and bumrush Takumi before he can activate the Dragon Vein.

Chapter 11 through Chapter 16 was fine. Notable things that gave me a hard time were Reina on Chapter 13, because I didn't pay attention to her range, so she casually one shot Camilla and the Ninjas in Chapter 12, but those were manageable with Niles, Archer!Mozu and Beruka.

To this day, the Ninja Cave, Kitsune Hell as well as Fuga's Wild Ride are my most hated and least favourite maps in the history of Fire Emblem. I only ever managed to beat those through sheer luck and they made me question the "fairness" of Conquest's map and enemy design.
One of these three is usually the reason why I am forced to completely restart any Hard mode playthroughs (usually because of me rage quitting them and then being stupid enough to delete my save...). I don't remember much of my experience past Fuga's Wild Ride, because, as I stated before, I only played through and beat Normal Mode once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ch. 24, Conquest Hard, first time around, was a hoot, as I was running a fairly flier-heavy team [Wyvern Lord Camilla, Wyvern Lord Selena, Wyvern Lord Percy, Kinshi Mozu, maybe someone else I'm forgetting], so the Dragon Vein massively increased their movement ranges.  Then you break out the Beast Killers and the Killer Axes and the Silver Bows and basically it becomes a slaughter of the enemy reinforcements as I rush up to them on the first turn after they show up with my flier's increased movement range and deal effective damage or critical hits against them.  

This same team composition made Ch. 23 significantly harder for me that time around.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, astrophys said:

Ch. 24, Conquest Hard, first time around, was a hoot, as I was running a fairly flier-heavy team [Wyvern Lord Camilla, Wyvern Lord Selena, Wyvern Lord Percy, Kinshi Mozu, maybe someone else I'm forgetting], so the Dragon Vein massively increased their movement ranges.  Then you break out the Beast Killers and the Killer Axes and the Silver Bows and basically it becomes a slaughter of the enemy reinforcements as I rush up to them on the first turn after they show up with my flier's increased movement range and deal effective damage or critical hits against them.  

This same team composition made Ch. 23 significantly harder for me that time around.  

Your Chapter 24 strat sounds pretty insane. I might try that one for myself when (if) I manage to get there.

Oh yeah, I just remembered: On my first playthrough, I cheesed Chapter 23 Takumi with Spy's Yumi on Mozu and Spy's Shuriken on Midori. It was pretty hilarious. Got both from My Castle rewards.

Edited by DragonFlames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ninja cave is both intriguing and a chore. My Xand died to Kotaro due to my idiotic errors, after turns and turns of cowardly turtling, and I did not even like him enough to reset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, astrophys said:

Ch. 24, Conquest Hard, first time around, was a hoot, as I was running a fairly flier-heavy team [Wyvern Lord Camilla, Wyvern Lord Selena, Wyvern Lord Percy, Kinshi Mozu, maybe someone else I'm forgetting], so the Dragon Vein massively increased their movement ranges.  Then you break out the Beast Killers and the Killer Axes and the Silver Bows and basically it becomes a slaughter of the enemy reinforcements as I rush up to them on the first turn after they show up with my flier's increased movement range and deal effective damage or critical hits against them.  

This same team composition made Ch. 23 significantly harder for me that time around.  

 

11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Your Chapter 24 strat sounds pretty insane. I might try that one for myself when (if) I manage to get there.

I'd mind the Kinshi Knights' skills if I were you - especially if I happened to be running them myself. (They mostly have Bowbreaker or Air Superiority)

Anyways, chapter 23 and chapter 25 stand out as troublesome to me (the former has the wall part which is just hard to tackle, and Takumi at the end is a huge risk to engage thanks to two procs and his sky high crit chance, and in the case of the latter, you ain't getting nowhere fast against Ryoma if you're unlucky - and woe to the player whose Corrin uses weapons that are WTD'd against Ryoma's katana).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lunatic:

7-13 highly polished maps with 10 as a high and 11 as a low. Resource management is tight but you have all the tools you need

14-28 Walk forward with your second shop blenders and win. Game vomits cash.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

 

I'd mind the Kinshi Knights' skills if I were you - especially if I happened to be running them myself. (They mostly have Bowbreaker or Air Superiority)

Percy happened to be Mozu's son (Arthur x Mozu) in that play through, and I had Archer Mozu - Percy had Certain Blow.   +40 Hit on him vs. +30 evade on the enemy.  Also, I'm not speaking in the hypothetical - this is a long done, long since accomplished thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, astrophys said:

Percy happened to be Mozu's son (Arthur x Mozu) in that play through, and I had Archer Mozu - Percy had Certain Blow.   +40 Hit on him vs. +30 evade on the enemy.  Also, I'm not speaking in the hypothetical - this is a long done, long since accomplished thing.  

That was more meant for DragonFlames, who hasn't gotten that far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That was more meant for DragonFlames, who hasn't gotten that far.

Fair point.   

Ultimately, Falcon Knights don't have those skills on that map, and for Kinshis... I was lucky there having Certain Blow... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5.9.2017 at 0:57 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That was more meant for DragonFlames, who hasn't gotten that far.

Bowbreaker and Air Superiority, huh? Seems like Beastkiller Benny will be my best bet against them then. (I would put the 'B's in red boxes since that seems to be a thing for whatever reason, but I won't since I have no idea if it's even possible here and what exactly it signifies.)

Currently stuck on the Great Wall of Pain. Turns out Xander can't survive Hinata + Sniper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Currently stuck on the Great Wall of Pain. Turns out Xander can't survive Hinata + Sniper.

Just ignore Hinata and his squad. They aren't worth dealing with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard Classic, no-grind run:

Chapter 10: Yes, this was tough for me. I hadn't had a problem on Normal or when I was grinding, but it was definitely my first big challenge on a no-grind Hard run. I definitely had to play defensively; the first few tries I would keep getting too cocky and would send characters out too far, then not be able to recall them in time.

Chapter 20: Winds of Change - this was probably the level I replayed the most! I kept making silly little mistakes and the problem is that the map is pretty slow-going, so it felt as if I spent forever on it.

Chapter 21: Eternal Stairway - I ended up taking just a few of my strongest characters and rushing to the end as quickly as possible.

Chapter 27: Working out where best to position everyone/pair everyone up so as to survive the first few turns was tough.

Endgame: Fuck it, I didn't wish to play 27 again, so I just let half my squad die. Oh well.

On the other hand, I did not have much difficulty with:

Chapter 19: Kitsune Lair - I advanced really slowly, and it wasn't so bad.

Chapter 23: Possessed - this doesn't stick out in my mind (been a few months since I completed this run) so it can't have caused too many issues!

Chapter 24: Hinoka - I was absolutely dreading this chapter, but again, it ended up not being nearly as bad as I feared. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know where else to put this as I don't think this needs an extra threat, but I finally managed to beat my arch-nemesis (that is, Conquest Hard Mode)! I'm so happy I could die!

In any case, Chapter 27 and the Endgame weren't that hard, at least when compared to Chapters 23 through 26, all of which I had to restart at least twice until I got it right.
I beat the Endgame in 7 turns on my first try. I fully admit that I buffed my units with tonics beforehand, had three of them reclassed to DLC classes when I recruited them (though no promotional gains hurt a bit initially) and I used several forged weapons along with what I could get from My Castle rewards.
I can now safely say that I don't hate the Nohrian Royals anymore. I now know what people mean when they say they are great units and I apologize for all the times I stated otherwise, especially in regards to Leo who pretty much carried my run from Chapter 23 onward, especially with a Calamity Gate + Xander / Elise / Niles pair up. 
I've gotta say, though, having both Malig Knight!Camilla and Wyvern Lord!Beruka as well as Kinshi Knight!Mozu was extremely helpful, even though I needed to be careful around bows. Beruka especially floored Hinoka's map alongside Benny and Xander, while Mozu took on the more annoying parts of the endgame. One of the Bow Knights, the Freeze staff Maid and the Hexing Rod Grand Master all fell to her Crescent Bow shots. Dual Striking with either Beast Killer Benny or Hunter's Knife Kaze certainly helped. Corrin appropriately finished off Takumi with Dragon Fang, though it was at a stage where normal hits from a Brave Sword would have killed him anyway, but it was a nice finish to one hellish, but somehow still fun playthrough of roughly 25 to 26 hours.
Chapter 27 was a little on the bullshit side, though. Infinte Range Entrap? I mean, what the hell, IntSys? Luckily, they didn't pick anyone that couldn't deal with the enemies in their respective rooms, but that's still a Richard relocation on their part. Is it random who they Entrap and I just got lucky? If so, I'm even more happy I beat both Chapter 27 and the Endgame on my first try.

If anyone is at all curious, here's my team for the endgame:

F!Corrin (Nohr Noble) - front line fighter with Brave Sword+1, Shadow Yato, Dragonstone+ (not used), Levin Sword+1
Laslow (Hero) - Pair up bot for Corrin. Hero provides some solid stat bonuses. I used him alongside Selena, whom I reclassed and I wanted a Hero on my team, but he started to fall off around Chapter 21 (he got Speed screwed, LaSLOW (ha!)), so he was pair up material from then on.
Xander (Paladin) - front line fighter with Siegfried, he killed the initial onslaught of Malig Knights by Dual Striking with Mozu.
Leo (Dark Knight) - slayer of the Oni Chieftains with Brynhildr, also had Calamity Gate to weaken a Paladin or two.
Camilla (Malig Knight) - mainly Dual Striker with Camilla's Axe and Bolt Axe, emergency finisher
Elise (Strategist) - healer (duh) as well as emergency killer should something survive (i.e. one Dark Knight)
Azura (Songstress) - for getting additional turns (mainly on Mozu or my healers) as well as buffing Luck, Skill and Speed
Selena (Great Lord) - paired up with Kaze, she soloed the initial Hero onslaught. Activating Aether twice probably helped with that.
Kaze (Master Ninja) - Selena's husband, he took care of half of the mounted units with his Hunter's Knife and tanked the Master Ninjas.
Midori (Dread Fighter) - abuser of Weapon Triangle and crit machine with a Barb Shuriken. Dark Knights are not confident against Midori and her ilk. (yes, I watched too much of Mangs' LPs lately)
M!Kana (Lodestar) - He was mainly there to support Midori, his SO, but pulled his own weight by killing one of the Dark Knight-carrying Paladins with a Dual Katana and Dragon Fang proc
Beruka (Wyvern Lord) - Rally Defence wasn't used, but she still came in handy with her Brave Axe+1, killing the Master Ninjas after Kaze weakened them and - in tandem with her Mistress Camilla - offed one of the Bow Knights.
Mozu (Kinshi Knight) - Killer of everything that dares to get in range of her Crescent Bow+1. Would have used her more, but I couldn't be arsed to give her 4 levels as a Dark Falcon to get her Galeforce. 'Killager' indeed.
Benny (General) - Mr. Tank himself. He was pretty much there to soak up damage, but he was suprisingly adept at critting Paladins with a Beast Killer. Used him over Effie because she got RNG screwed.
Flora (Maid) - Secondary healer. Didn't use Jakob or Felica much after getting her since I never put Flora on my teams before. She didn't see a lot of combat, but Chapter 27's Shrine Maidens sure were sorry to meet her and her Fruit Knife...
Niles (Adventurer) - Used him until he promoted, then benched in lieu of getting a second healer in Flora, who had a better Staff Rank and thus could use Physic, Enfeeble and Mend. Brought him back in the endgame to serve as Leo's pair up bot.

Oh, and of course, nobody died. In case that wasn't clear.

I'm sorry if this post doesn't exactly belong here, I just wanted to share my happiness with you guys and I don't think this needs an extra topic.
It may not be that great of an accomplishment in the eyes of veterans, who beat Conquest on Lunatic (you're a legend in my eyes if you did!), but since I struggled with Hard Mode so much over the past half a year or so, I can't help but feel a little elated and even proud of myself.

Now, onto Revelation Hard Mode!

Edited by DragonFlames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't know where else to put this as I don't think this needs an extra threat, but I finally managed to beat my arch-nemesis (that is, Conquest Hard Mode)! I'm so happy I could die!

In any case, Chapter 27 and the Endgame weren't that hard, at least when compared to Chapters 23 through 26, all of which I had to restart at least twice until I got it right.
I beat the Endgame in 7 turns on my first try. I fully admit that I buffed my units with tonics beforehand, had three of them reclassed to DLC classes when I recruited them (though no promotional gains hurt a bit initially) and I used several forged weapons along with what I could get from My Castle rewards.
I can now safely say that I don't hate the Nohrian Royals anymore. I now know what people mean when they say they are great units and I apologize for all the times I stated otherwise, especially in regards to Leo who pretty much carried my run from Chapter 23 onward, especially with a Calamity Gate + Xander / Elise / Niles pair up. 
I've gotta say, though, having both Malig Knight!Camilla and Wyvern Lord!Beruka as well as Kinshi Knight!Mozu was extremely helpful, even though I needed to be careful around bows. Beruka especially floored Hinoka's map alongside Benny and Xander, while Mozu took on the more annoying parts of the endgame. One of the Bow Knights, the Freeze staff Maid and the Hexing Rod Grand Master all fell to her Crescent Bow shots. Dual Striking with either Beast Killer Benny or Hunter's Knife Kaze certainly helped. Corrin appropriately finished off Takumi with Dragon Fang, though it was at a stage where normal hits from a Brave Sword would have killed him anyway, but it was a nice finish to one hellish, but somehow still fun playthrough of roughly 25 to 26 hours.
Chapter 27 was a little on the bullshit side, though. Infinte Range Entrap? I mean, what the hell, IntSys? Luckily, they didn't pick anyone that couldn't deal with the enemies in their respective rooms, but that's still a Richard relocation on their part. Is it random who they Entrap and I just got lucky? If so, I'm even more happy I beat both Chapter 27 and the Endgame on my first try.

If anyone is at all curious, here's my team for the endgame:

F!Corrin (Nohr Noble) - front line fighter with Brave Sword+1, Shadow Yato, Dragonstone+ (not used), Levin Sword+1
Laslow (Hero) - Pair up bot for Corrin. Hero provides some solid stat bonuses. I used him alongside Selena, whom I reclassed and I wanted a Hero on my team, but he started to fall off around Chapter 21 (he got Speed screwed, LaSLOW (ha!)), so he was pair up material from then on.
Xander (Paladin) - front line fighter with Siegfried, he killed the initial onslaught of Malig Knights by Dual Striking with Mozu.
Leo (Dark Knight) - slayer of the Oni Chieftains with Brynhildr, also had Calamity Gate to weaken a Paladin or two.
Camilla (Malig Knight) - mainly Dual Striker with Camilla's Axe and Bolt Axe, emergency finisher
Elise (Strategist) - healer (duh) as well as emergency killer should something survive (i.e. one Dark Knight)
Azura (Songstress) - for getting additional turns (mainly on Mozu or my healers) as well as buffing Luck, Skill and Speed
Selena (Great Lord) - paired up with Kaze, she soloed the initial Hero onslaught. Activating Aether twice probably helped with that.
Kaze (Master Ninja) - Selena's husband, he took care of half of the mounted units with his Hunter's Knife and tanked the Master Ninjas.
Midori (Dread Fighter) - abuser of Weapon Triangle and crit machine with a Barb Shuriken. Dark Knights are not confident against Midori and her ilk. (yes, I watched too much of Mangs' LPs lately)
M!Kana (Lodestar) - He was mainly there to support Midori, his SO, but pulled his own weight by killing one of the Dark Knight-carrying Paladins with a Dual Katana and Dragon Fang proc
Beruka (Wyvern Lord) - Rally Defence wasn't used, but she still came in handy with her Brave Axe+1, killing the Master Ninjas after Kaze weakened them and - in tandem with her Mistress Camilla - offed one of the Bow Knights.
Mozu (Kinshi Knight) - Killer of everything that dares to get in range of her Crescent Bow+1. Would have used her more, but I couldn't be arsed to give her 4 levels as a Dark Falcon to get her Galeforce. 'Killager' indeed.
Benny (General) - Mr. Tank himself. He was pretty much there to soak up damage, but he was suprisingly adept at critting Paladins with a Beast Killer. Used him over Effie because she got RNG screwed.
Flora (Maid) - Secondary healer. Didn't use Jakob or Felica much after getting her since I never put Flora on my teams before. She didn't see a lot of combat, but Chapter 27's Shrine Maidens sure were sorry to meet her and her Fruit Knife...
Niles (Adventurer) - Used him until he promoted, then benched in lieu of getting a second healer in Flora, who had a better Staff Rank and thus could use Physic, Enfeeble and Mend. Brought him back in the endgame to serve as Leo's pair up bot.

Oh, and of course, nobody died. In case that wasn't clear.

I'm sorry if this post doesn't exactly belong here, I just wanted to share my happiness with you guys and I don't think this needs an extra topic.
It may not be that great of an accomplishment in the eyes of veterans, who beat Conquest on Lunatic (you're a legend in my eyes if you did!), but since I struggled with Hard Mode so much over the past half a year or so, I can't help but feel a little elated and even proud of myself.

Now, onto Revelation Hard Mode!

*in the voice of the SSB announcers* CONGRATULATIONS! Also, I personally find Brave weapons underwhelming to the point of being NWI in this game - iron level Mt, with low accuracy and a drop to your defensive stats (or halved Str/Mag)??? No thank you, especially not with that price tag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in some chapters was easy or i was so lucky in lunatic.

Chapter 20: Fugas happy wild ride took me 15 rounds to beat it, but still was hard.

The great wall chapter was super hard thanks to the rally bots, the only way to beat it was to lure the enemies to me and debuff all with shurikens.

Hinoka chapter was the best to maintain terrain superiority and pray that azama hp debuff staff fail. 

Ryoma chapter is in the same category to me like the great wall, if you are looking to grab the loot, damn ninjas.

Still on chapter 26 Yago's staff parade of death, i always die after i beat Hans and then certain blow bersekers reinforcement appared and hit me plus ct with just 2% , the RNG hate me in tais chapter,  so i guess the last one will be super hard. Since i got a little problem there in my hard walkthrought. Ir anyone have tips to beat this i will thanks you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

*in the voice of the SSB announcers* CONGRATULATIONS! Also, I personally find Brave weapons underwhelming to the point of being NWI in this game - iron level Mt, with low accuracy and a drop to your defensive stats (or halved Str/Mag)??? No thank you, especially not with that price tag.

Thank you very much!

Their pure might is a tiny bit underwhelming and the Def / Res drop is risky, I will admit, but I had the money to buy them, didn't know what else to get and I already had one of each from My Castle rewards, so I thought 'Why the heck not?'. It helped Beruka double and thus one round Master Ninjas and those pesky Chapter 26 Maids and Mozu got past the Kinshi Knight's low Str cap of 27 by attacking four times, which helped greatly. With this, I also found out that if your halved Str / Mag unit Dual Strikes with someone else in the lead, their Str / Mag debuff is removed. Speaking of Dual Striking, the fact that they still attack twice with the Brave Weapon when they are not in the lead saved my behind on more than one occasion, though I will admit that my strategy probably wasn't perfect in those moments and I could have done differently without the Brave weapons.

The Brave Sword on Corrin was more of a style-thing, since I like how the Brave Sword looks and I like the Nohr Noble's attack animations with regular swords more, for example  they give their opponents the boot (or rather 'foot') when they crit, which I find hilarious, especially when it happens in a boss fight against, say, Iago, Ryoma or Takumi.

I didn't use 'Brave Tomes' at all, since Leo could do enough damage with his Brynhildr or Calamity Gate already. I found no use in the Soldier's Knife, either, since Kaze was mostly there to weaken things, counter and kill mages, buff my team's Speed with Kaze's Needle or counter Spy weapons with his own Spy's Shuriken and Midori was an absolute monster regardless. As a Dread Fighter, she can't even reach A-rank in Shuriken, so there was that as well.
Accuracy wasn't so bad, since Beruka, Mozu and Corrin had very good Skill stats by the time they reached A-rank in their respective weapons. I'd never put a Brave weapon on the likes of Peri, Arthur or Charlotte, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.