Any feebas catching advice for platinum

DisobeyedCargo

Sadly, there's no easy way. You just have to keep trying each different tile until you find it. The tiles change every day. You can get it with any Rod, but it's much easier with the Super Rod. However the Super Rod is a post game item. You can find on the foggy room with a lake in Mt. Coronet, which is the BF1 room. Problem is it's a rather a lategame Pokemon. You can only get it after the 6th Gym, and it's on the way to the 7th one, so it's really, really late.

Your best bet is to just check every single tile using an Old Rod. With an Old Rod you'll only have a 100% chance to find Magikarp so you won't have to worry about another Pokémon interfering with the RNG encounter. Just surf pixel by pixel using the rod a couple times per tile. 50% chance for a Feebas to pop up. Good luck!

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Your best bet is to just check every single tile using an Old Rod. With an Old Rod you'll only have a 100% chance to find Magikarp so you won't have to worry about another Pokémon interfering with the RNG encounter. Just surf pixel by pixel using the rod a couple times per tile. 50% chance for a Feebas to pop up. Good luck!

Oh dear. I knew this was gonna be tough, but I've done worse stuff in Pokémon.

well thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to do that once the game arrives. (May even be able to get my friend to mix records and have him search with me.)

Hey, could be worse, it could be like route 119 in gen 3.