Opinions on that Fire Emblem Echoes SoV Character #1-#52 (Check the OP)

Silque: Good design, interesting backstory, and an interesting character. I would have liked for her to have more supports than just Faye, but I liked their a-support. As a unit, she was great.

Deen: No idea; I recruited Sonya. He was an alright boss fight I guess.

Mila: Fantastic design; possibly the best design in the game. I like that they explained her sealing herself with the falchion as having been because she wanted to protect her brother Duma, not knowing how far along Duma's madness had become. I didn't get the impression that she was just as bad as Duma, but at least it was clear her own degeneration was causing problems; namely spoiling the Zofians and allowing the king to be a bad ruler, which in turn allowed pirates like Greith to end up running half of Zofia. Also, her ensuring that Zofia always had a plentiful harvest meant that, once she was gone, the Zofians had no idea what to do. So I actually quite liked her character.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silque: I like aspects about her such as her design, the bits of backstory and personality we get, and her voice actress, but other then that she doesn't get a lot more depth. Her support doesn't tell us much about her since it's mostly just trying to fight through Faye's resistance and her Memory Prism is just a friendly interaction with Jesse. The only thing that really allows us to delve into her character is the Base Conversations and unfortunately since they're limited they don't too much further then the surface. It still gives us a good look into the character, but it doesn't tell us things like how she transitioned from the Duma faith to Mila's, how her mother leaving her affected her, and other such things. She really could've used another support because what we get is pretty nice, it's just not as much.

Deen: He gets overshadowed by Sonya in pretty much every way except unit performance. His personality is pretty much a by-the-numbers stoic mercenary with little deviation and expansion, and his support and base conversations do little to help this since his behavior prevents both Jesse and Celica (and by proxy, us the players) from getting to know him. So even after going back and reading through every line the character offered I still couldn't find myself caring about him as he leaves no impression on me.

Mila: She's a bit of a 'show, don't tell' case here. Her Memory Prism with Duma is pretty good since the writing doesn't try to favor one or the other and leaves them on overall equal ground, but the story that follows ends up lopsiding things in her favor unintentionally. The story implies she's going mad and will lead Zofia to ruin, but nothing about the character truly implies that as the only scenes we have of her either have her reacting accordingly (would you happily welcome a conqueror with a weapon meant to kill you?) or being a Naga-esque figure who wants to protect her children. She does have Lima being a spoiled brat, but since his role is exclusively in the backstory he can only influence the story through his legacy and thus we don't fully get to see the worst that Mila's teachings can bring about. So she ends up coming across as a saintly figure since the story doesn't fully portray her in the wrong and keeps giving her moments like the Falchion cutscene where she nurtures the best out of the heroes, and that hurts the story dynamic since it imbalances the conflict in her favor and hurts her brother since Duma doesn't get a chance to showcase his positives. She's the one who ends up leading humanity down a better path while Duma is the generic dragon final boss with his own Gharnef spreading chaos and fear, and it's unfortunate that it went this way since their dynamic is an interesting one in FE and could've been pretty memorable with the right handling.

With all of that said, I do like her voice acting, Monica Rial did a great job with the character.

Edited by Medeus

Silque: I could've sworn we talked about her already but my memory's garbage so.. Silque is an interesting character. We learn that her mother is Rigelian so it's ironic that Silque is a member of the Mila Faith. We don't know a whole lot about Silque, since she only has one Support (said Support isn't as bad as people make it out to be imo) but she does have a nice Memory Prism that shows her meeting Jesse and i totally ship those two and why don't they have Supports with each other, God damn it, IS.

As a unit, she's my worst Cleric. Both her and Cleric!Faye start out pretty evenly but once Faye learns Physic at an early Lv.6, Silque just falls behind. It also doesn't help that she doesn't have the insane Support bonus that Faye gets from Alm. And then, compared to Tatiana, Tatiana has Fortify. I disagree that Silque's Invoke is the best one in the game simply because she doesn't get it until Lv.18. Getting to Lv.18 alone is a pain because EXP gain drops massively after Lv.10 for some reason. Meanwhile, Genny gets the earliest Invoke and that is actually the best Invoke.

Deen: Deen's dead. I killed him in the Northern Desert and took his Killing Edge Brave Sword from his cold dead hands. Anyway, i did look into Deen's character. A few pages ago, i said there was one playable character i didn't like. It's Deen. Here's the thing, i know the term's been overused and all that, but Deen is actually edgy. But i don't care if a character is edgy. Some of my favorite characters are edgy. Difference here being that my favorite edgy characters have something more to them than just being edgy. Deen is edgy for the sake of being edgy. But even then, i wouldn't mind that. The thing that ruins Deen for me is his voice. I can't take an edgy character seriously when they sound like Squidward. Another thing that shows how edgy he is is his "mourn" quote when someone dies. You know what he says? "War is death. You can mourn later." Like, God damn Deen. At least show some respect.

As a unit, i don't know. All i know is that he's currently lying dead in the Northern Desert.

Mila: I remember in Gaiden when Mila was only mentioned but never seen. But now she's a full-fledged character. I really like her design. It's so elegant. Her voice is nice too. I just wish the game showed us that she could become corrupt like her brother Duma. Thing with Divine Dragons in the series is that, aside from Duma, we never see them go corrupt. Unless you count Idoun as well but she had her soul forcefully shattered so that she would obey without question, so she doesn't count.

I liked her Memory Prism with Duma tho too bad you have to beat the Thabes Labyrinth to get it but Thabes isn't that hard anyway.

Edited by Armagon

Day 16 is now over, and with that, we are now onto Day 17! We're getting closer to the end, folks. Today is the second-to-last day of updates.

Today's characters that we will discuss are Gray, Sonya, and Duma.

What is your opinion on these three characters?

I will give my thoughts on them later.

Gray: Probably my favourite male character ever written. He's actually funny to me, which seems kinda depressing that most men haven't managed to accomplish to the same degree, but it's being helped here. He's an OK unit, but that dialogue...

Sonya: An enjoyable mage with an enjoyable backstory, soiled by her ending. Still better than Deen, who has a backstory we're not told, but can only infer.

Duma: His ideals were all right, but I'm not sure about forcing trials onto your people rather than letting them happen naturally. The fact people thought he was a bug of some sort in NES is a testament to how few people played it- watching the animation where he appears makes it obvious he's a dragon.

Gray: My favorite Ram Villager, and he gets points for sharing the name with one of my favorite characters from Fairy Tail. Gray's just the best bro. His "shut up Tobin" quote became the new "blame Takumi" and it's great. Gray's just so likable. His voice fits him really well, and he admits he's not the smartest of the bunch. It's usually rare for a character to admit that. The only two times ever that i remember a character admitting that is Reyn in Xenoblade Chronicles and Okuyasu Nijimura in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable. This guy has great chemistry with Tobin and you can see the two are really good friends.

As a unit, Dread Fighter!Gray is one of the best units on Alm's route. Especially if he wields the Zweihänder. Tigerstance is OP.

Sonya: Ah yes, the better choice between her and Deen. A good character with a good backstory but a terrible ending.

Spoiler

how does she even become a witch with Duma gone?

Anyway, as a character, i enjoyed her one Support with Genny. As a unit, she was one of my better Mages, just held back by her late promotion, shared among all female Mages.

Duma: And here we have the final boss of the main game. Duma is interesting. It's the first time ever we see a Divine Dragon be the bad guy (unless you count Idoun, but she wasn't a Divine Dragon during the events of Binding Blade). I also wish we got to see his human form outside of a Memory Prism. But i like his voice, and his design, both human and dragon. Did you know: Duma has the second highest HP ever in the series, at 200 HP? He only loses to Anankos' 286 HP. Granted, Duma's HP is all in a single unit while Anankos' isn't.

The battle against Duma was pretty good. Just held back a bit by all the Mogall spam. Alm having to deal the final blow made sense, unlike a certain mercenary in Tellius being the only one who can deal the final blow to the final boss. Duma himself was a pretty unique boss. The only dragon boss to not have any breath attacks (Idoun makes physical attacks but it's still counted as a breath attack by the game). Has an AoE attack, which we rarely see in Fire Emblem. Overall, a fun fight.

Gray: Gray is hands-down one of my favorite characters in the game! He's incredibly likable, well-written, and genuinely funny. His presence throughout the story is great, his and Tobin's presence kind of reminds me of Sain and Kent's in Lyn's story in 7, and I think that's pretty cool. He's a beastly unit, easily one of the best on Alm's route if you make him a Dread Fighter, and I like his design!

Sonya: From what I know of Deen's character and backstory...I like Sonya's a bit more. It's a shame she only has one support (unless I'm forgetting one?), her story could have been something pivotal to explore further in the game. Ah well. As a unit, she's one of the best mages in the game, along with Delthea and Celica, but her design? Eh, it's pretty much just generic sexy mage chick.

Duma: Like Mila...I'm not really sure what to think of Duma's character. He kinda reminds me of dragons in other games in the series, dragons who've degenerated over time. But I guess that's exactly what he was, huh? I honestly didn't care for his boss fight all that much, it wasn't terrible but not all that great in my opinion.

Gray: He's a total dude-bro. For some people that's a turn-off, but I don't really care. I find it... odd to think he exists in the same universe as Marth and gang, though.

Sonya: Interesting and has a nice voice, but I like her original design more.

Duma: I liked him more when he was just a weird swampy god thing. I don't like that he's a divine dragon now. I like how his armor is a callback to the boxart of the original Gaiden.

Gray

Some jokes come across as a bit forced and stick out a bit in ye olde Valentia, but overall he's really funny, and I think he makes for an interesting contrast with many other characters. It's nice that he straight up doesn't know what he wants to do with his life; we usually get people who have a very clear idea in mind.

Sonya

She's pretty nice. While I'm not as fond of her support with Genny as many others are, Sonya herself is a pleasant character with an interesting backstory. She's also the only (minor) character with unique boss dialogue in the game, too, and I'm a sucker for that kind of flair.

Duma

Generic crazy dragon. I appreciate the background surrounding him, but when he looks like that and Mila looks like Mila...well, then it just sort of feels off. 

Gray: Fun guy, amazing at a being a dread fighter.  Unofficial leader of the Ram villagers. The right hand to Alm, and plays a good supporting role in the story.

Sonya: A calm, stunning mage. and one of my favorite characters in the game. I prefer some characters more when then have have some stake in the matter. But I feel she kind of got screwed by the game. Only one support, and one conservation in the swamps with Jedah. Why she may turned into Witch in the end? As a unit she was one of the stronger units in Celica's route with her spell list, but have troubles later dealing with dread fighters.

Duma: The final boss of the game. I feel that his backstory is more interesting than he is. Considering Duma only appearance are in the final level and the memory prism. There is no much to go on. The final level was annoying, damn upheaval.

Gray: I liked his character. His supports with Clair were funny, and his supports with Tobin were also good. As a unit, he was really good.

Sonya: Interesting backstory, interesting design, and a decent mage. I liked her support with Genny.

Duma: This is a maddened dragon villain actually done well for a change (I'm looking at you Anankos). The game really highlights the tragedy behind his character. His philosophy of humans needing to be strong led his maddened mind to be all about power. Also, while the final boss, he's not the villain; it's the Duma Faithful trying desperately to keep him alive so they can keep mooching off of his power that are the real villains. I would have liked to see a bit more of him than just the memory prism and the final level, but what they did show was very interesting. When you actually see what he looks like in the final level, he is quite literally a rotting shell of what he was. My theory is that all the sacrifices just made his madness worse, not better, but the story never says either way. It's really tragic; he just wanted to help humanity, but his time had come, and even his sane mind made the same mistake as Mila: he never considered that humanity needs to be able to not depend on them. It's only once he's put to rest that he finally realizes this. I just would have preferred if he had said his final words to Alm and Celica rather than just Alm; saying, "[Valentia's] heroes" rather than, "[Valentia's] hero".

As a final boss, he was actually really good apart from the mogalls. During the fight, you really get the sense that the heroes are just trying to put him to rest, and you get a sense of how little of him is actually left.

Gray: I like him, he had some of the most funny lines in the game and I liked his role and interactions among the cast.

Sonya: Kind of held back by the lack of supports, but the one she gets (Genny) is pretty good and her past as one of Jedah's daughters is a very intriguing one, particularly since she's one of the very few characters to get a boss conversation in the game with him. Her ending is a letdown, but I still enjoyed her all the way through the game and I'm glad I chose her on my playthrough.

Duma: A similar problem with Mila, he has a good backstory, but the story doesn't give him many moments to show that he's a good guy. The Duma Faithful we see in the game are power-hungry maniacs with the lone exception (Halcyon) barely having a role to make up for it, there's no ambiguity in his insanity so he serves as the crazy dragon bent on destruction of the game, and none of the characters showcase the positives of his ideals. He make it feels like he's supposed to be in the wrong when it's clear that's not the intention, and as far as the main story is concerned he comes off more like another evil dragon in terms of execution rather then a god who lost his way. He could've benefitted from having his role be a bit more balanced whether it's in NPCs telling us about his teachings or what he was like before falling into madness, but at least he has his backstory and Memory Prism to give a glimpse in that regard.

Edited by Medeus

I'll give my thoughts on the characters now.

Gray: My second favorite of the Alm villagers. Gray has some really great dialogue throughout the game. He has a great sense of humor and isn't afraid to speak his mind.  I enjoyed both of his support conversations with Clair and Tobin, the latter especially showing how close they are as friends.  I also relate to his uncertainty about the future. He has a pretty cool design, a entertaining and fitting voice, and was a solid Dread Fighter as well.

Sonya: I like her a lot. She has a pretty great backstory, and I really like how she has plot relevance to her as revealed in her battle dialogue with Jedah. Though she only gets one support (with Genny), it was still a pleasure to read. She also made an overall solid mage in Celica's army.

I think she has a great design. Yes, it is fanservice-y, but it is not in-your-face compared to a character like Camilla. The same can be said about her attitude. She does talk about her own looks, but it never consumes her character to the point it becomes her only defining trait.

Duma: I don't have much to say about the character. He has a pretty good backstory, and I did enjoy that Memory Prism he has with Mila, but other than, I mainly feel indifferent to him at best. He was a rather challenging boss, though I will admit there was a point where the battle with him became rather annoying (namely trying to land a critical with Alm in order to finish him off). On a minor note, I notice that his voice sounds very similar to the narrator's voice. Perhaps they are voiced by the same person?

Gray

Best boy? Best boy. Certainly, he's the best character from Ram imo, and only a hair behind Lukas for best starting member of Alm's team. Thankfully, he gets a decent amount of screentime, too, and has some nice supports with other folks. His relationship with Clair's cute enough, one of the few bits of romantic interaction in Echoes outside of Mae/Boey that I'm not totally disappointed by. I made him a Mercenary, and he was easily the best one in the game, and an absolute juggernaut I practically never had to worry about. Just with that level of power had made it to his Heroes incarnation lol.

Sonya

Some people might dismiss Sonya as just a fanservice character. Those people are disgustingly, hideously wrong. It's a real shame the game doesn't give Sonya more supports or story presence, and that some players are just plain going to miss out on her entirely, but at least what we do get is pretty great. She ended up being my best Priestess, hands down, even with her nerfed spell list, and became a real terror with the Ladyblade in her hands. What's with that lame-ass ending, though? A lot of the endings are kinda disappointing, but that one in particular is bullshit and I ignore it.

Duma

Much like Mila, Duma is conceptually fine but let down by a lack of any real exploration. The game doesn't give him a chance to show much in the way of positive traits that it repeatedly claims he has, because by the time the game starts he's completely out of control. I don't remember if he even has dialogue outside of the Memory Prism he appears in; if he doesn't, that really handicaps his ability to be more than a vague threat on the horizon. So while on paper he's better off than a lot of the other evil dragon antagonists, in the end his role in the story doesn't play out all that differently. A shame.

Day 17 is now over, and with that, we are now onto Day 18!

This is it, folks! Today is the final day! It's been a run ride, To everyone that has participated in this thread over these past few weeks, thank you very much! This thread may have had its ups and downs, but I think this was fun while it lasted. It was interesting to read many opinions on certain characters, and I learned some new things about them that I didn't know prior. From reading those opinions, it's clear that Echoes has quite the memorable cast of characters where many of them stand out. For me, I'd say Echoes has one of my favorite cast of characters in video games. Sure, there are some characters that I feel indifferent to or dislike, but when looking at the overall picture, Echoes has a strong, likable cast IMO.

Anyways, today will be special for the final day. To wrap things up, we will discuss the Cipher characters: Randal, Emma, Shade, and Yuzu.

Since Echoes is the first game to feature the four as playable characters and thus is the first time where we truly learn who they are as individuals, I'd figure it'd be a good idea to devote a day for them, and to me, I think it makes a fun way to finish this thread?

What is your opinion on these four characters? Optionally, you can also give some concluding thoughts overall, sort of like what I did just now. Your concluding thoughts can include your overall impressions of Echoes' cast in comparison to other FE titles, what lessons you learned out of this thread, etc.

For me, I won't be giving my opinions on the four characters today. I am still yet to play the Cipher DLC to recruit them, but when I get the chance to do so, I will make another post then to give my thoughts on the characters.

Edited by Erureido

Randal: I remember back when his name was Lando Calrissian. I don't know why he's the only Cipher character to get his name changed, but it may have been because he shared the same name as the iconic Star Wars character (but that can't be right, because New Mystery's Luke exists and he's in Heroes with no name changes). Anyways, from what we know of Randal, he's a gambler. In some ways, he reminds me of Joshua. Randal's personality is more laid-back compared to his Cipher companions and i like that. His voice also sounds like Squidward but it doesn't really detract from him, unlike Deen. I enjoyed his one Support conversation with Emma. Also, shoutout to Randal being the only Cipher companion from Elibe. If you look at his Cipher cards, you'll notice he dual-wields while riding a horse. Now that's badass.

As a unit, he was almost as good as Mathilda, though i did recruit him late. I'm currently doing another run where i recruit the Cipher characters at the start of Act 3. His unique weapon is interesting too, it comes with an Art that guarantees two strikes, but each one will either miss or be a critical.

Emma: Emma's adorable. Cute personality and cute design. I will say i was surprised by her voice acting. It fits her, yet, at the same time, i expected a different voice. She only has one Support, which is with Randal, but i found it amazing in how she made Randal promise to never gamble and watch her train as a Pegasus Knight instead. And then later on, she flew around with Randal, and the latter nearly had a sheer heart attack, due to all the crazy flying stunts Emma was doing.

As a unit, despite being recruited late, she was way better than Clair, probably because SOLO TRIANGLE ATTACK IS SO DAMN GOOD!!! Not two but three guaranteed strikes is amazing. And at the measly cost of 5 HP? Solo Triangle Attack is one of the best Arts in the game. It proved to be super useful in the Thabes Labyrinth, where she could easily kill Terrors as a Falcoknight thanks to her God-tier Art.

Shade: You know, when i first saw Shade all those years back when she was revealed to be an original Cipher character, i thought she was going to be another Camilla. I have never been more wrong. Shade is actually a pretty enjoyable character. She acts as a sort-of motherly figure towards Emma, but without the obsession that Camilla does with Corrin. Her one Support with Yuzu was pretty enjoyable too, especially since it's one of the longer Support chains. I also love Shade's unique Saint design, which reflects even on her map sprite.

As a unit, she's pretty good. Not Cleric!Faye-tier but Shade probably has the best amount of support Spells. Physic, Silence, Freeze, and Rescue are good spells to have. Of course, she IS a Saint, so she only gets Seraphim and Nosferatu to use in attacks.

Yuzu: I'm slightly disappointed Yuzu didn't get a unique female Mercenary model but i suppose that wouldn't be possible in a game with gender-locked classes. But anyway, Yuzu was a lot quieter than i expected her to be. Not that it's a bad thing. I was just expecting her to be all about training. And she kinda is, she just isn't up in your face about it, like some other characters in previous games. The ration ball gimmick was also played really well too. It became a Yuzu joke, yet it wasn't overused. Respect the ration ball.

As a unit, Yuzu was very interesting. She was a Priestess, but a more physical-oriented one, reflected by the fact that she comes with her own unique sword and having probably the worst spell list in the game, consisting of just Fire, Sagitte, and Recover. But Yuzu's spell list only exists to give her a long-range option. She's definitly more physical-oriented and i liked that. She was definitly one of my better units on Celica's route

Regarding these four characters, i loved how each of their endings referenced their roles in Cipher. I'm hoping we see these four again, as well as their two new companions, Alice and Valjean, in Fire Emblem Switch. I would 100% support the Cipher characters being recurring characters in every FE from now on.

Edit: Closing thoughts: Shadows of Valentia has my favorite cast in the series. Alm has become my new favorite Lord, beating the original holder of that title, Roy. There's only one character in the playable cast that i dislike, compared to other games in the series where there's two to four characters i dislike. The voice acting truly made everyone feel alive.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Randal: I remember back when his name was Lando Calrissian. I don't know why he's the only Cipher character to get his name changed, but it may have been because he shared the same name as the iconic Star Wars character (but that can't be right, because New Mystery's Luke exists and he's in Heroes with no name changes). 

that probably is the reason, it's not really the same case with those two

luke is the name of the guy from star wars, but it's a pretty common name that's associated with more than just him

on the other hand there's basically no landos aside from the star wars one

2 minutes ago, unique said:

that probably is the reason, it's not really the same case with those two

luke is the name of the guy from star wars, but it's a pretty common name that's associated with more than just him

on the other hand there's basically no landos aside from the star wars one

Can substantiate with a Google search for both terms. Lando came up with only Lando Calrissian stuff. Luke Skywalker didn't appear in the first page links, but the Google Images had plenty of him.

Never got that DLC, so instead I'll give closing thoughts.

The characters in Echoes were among the better ones in more recent years. A fair number of them were memorable and well-written. A few may have been hindered by the game being a more conservative remake and by not getting more time on-screen, but overall the characters for the most part had clear motivations behind their actions, and in the case of playable characters had overall better supports than in more recent games and had interesting base conversations that dived more into their backstory.

If there was one particular character where it seemed like IS didn't know what they wanted to do with the character, it would be Alm. Gaiden portrayed Alm as a Marth 2.0 (understandable since it was the second game), while Awakening DLC tried to make him more aggressive and blunt, as well as focusing more on the next battle than on the bigger picture. I think a lot of us were expecting something more like Awakening, as it would be unique and fit more into Alm and Celica having to find a balance between their respective ideals. But ultimately what we got was certainly an attempt to balance the two, but leaned more towards the original Gaiden. Not necessarily bad, so long as the character remained consistent and his strengths and flaws were shown in-story rather than just being informed characteristics, but a few of them were told rather than shown.

So, overall, great cast. My advice for IS would be this: in future games, make sure the characters are consistent, especially the protagonists.

Edited by vanguard333

I haven't had much experience with the Cipher characters, so I can't comment on them.

Echoes' cast is, while not my favorite, still one of the better casts overall. Each character is handled well, at least for the most part, and a decent number of side characters have a presence throughout the story which is something I really liked. The story isn't the greatest, but the characters shine anyway, and that's a real testament to how well the majority of them were handled. It's difficult to rank all the characters, but if I had to pick just a handful of favorites, they'd probably be Alm, Celica, Forsyth, Boey, Est, Tobin, Clair, Zeke, Saber, Palla, Mae, Lukas, Catria, and Gray.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Final thoughts, huh?

Echoes suffers greatly from a nonsensical plot that barely bothered to expand upon some elements that really mattered, two unlikeable main characters and the least efficient villains since Nergal. However, the overall tone in many supports is a vast improvement from recent titles, some characters are great, and the fact that multiple support characters remain semi-relevant is very refreshing as well. Unfortunately, too few supports can leave some characters far too unexplored, with the best example being Genny, who lacks any main story role and doesn't even have a support unless you recruit Sonya.

If nothing else, I hope the tone is kept for the next Fire Emblem game, just in a setting where things make sense.

Edited by Thane

Gray - I like him. He's not one of my favourite characters in the game overall, but he has some fun interactions with Tobin however.

Sonya - Didn't recruit her on my playthrough, but she's alright as well really. Though if I'm being honest the best thing about her is Tara Jayne's voice. I just absolutely love listening to the Tharja/Camilla/Sonya type of voice in general honestly, haha.

Duma - I like his memory prism, and his voice for his human form is good too... But aside from that however, I feel Anankos was a better and more sympathetic take on the whole "Dragon Degeneration" thing personally. I actually liked him a bit more in the original Gaiden though. Because he didn't come off as "dumb crazed monstrosity" during the final map if that makes sense? (Though to be honest, I liked Act 5 in the original Gaiden more in general ?)

But yeah, overall I think SOV is a good-enough game. It's honestly not one that I really want to play ALL the time like say, Sacred Stones or Fates. But it was still a fun remake with a nice cast overall... despite the map-design, haha. And on a side note: Alm's character in this game actually made me appreciate Ephraim more. Anyway! God Bless.