Rank the Pokémon games by difficulty

Ronnie

I struggled with some boss battles in Sun and Moon, and I am replaying Platinum and have lost 2 main battle already. I also remember struggling a bit in Heart gold. Other than that, i haven't really found much of any difficulty in the games soo....

Sun
Platinum
Heart Gold
Everything else, partly because nothing else has been very memorable or it has just been too long since i played them.

On 8/18/2017 at 12:03 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

How can you forget the value of a Kadabra or Hypno? Team Rocket packs a lot of Poison IIRC, and it lets you sweep through Koga and Eirika (save for the Tangela) as well. I used one of those two, a Blastoise (I'm pretty sure it was that), and the Legendary Birds, namely Zapdos (no EVs, no IVs, no Natures- so there is nothing to worry about when catching them). That plus the necessity of HM slaves was good enough to get me through the game.

One does not simply mention broken pokemon in RBY without mentioning Dewgoat

• 2 years later...

Honestly, I think SoulSilver (specifically SoulSilver for one major reason) is at the top along with D/P, if we exclude BW2 hard mode, then it's either D/P or SoulSilver. Why Soulsilver you may ask? Because if you decide to play with legendaries, which many people do, Ho-oh can be caught very early game in Heartgold, (around the 4th/5th gym if you get lucky with a catch) but you can only get Lugia in SoulSilver until right before the 7th or 8th gym, where it's practically too late for the main story, and the elite four has a very strong team this time around. Yes, you can get a level 70 ho-oh before Red, but his team is so amazingly put together, it will still probably get decimated by Red, who is the hardest trainer in any game, by far. Cynthia puts up a challenge too, especially in D/P. So if we exclude BW2 hard mode I'd say it goes to Soulsilver or D/P.