Jedi Streams - Ogre Battle Session 1 in the books, s2 on Saturday

Jedi

13 minutes ago, Batter the Beast said:

This stream was fun as heck, i'm glad you guys joined and I even got like 11 followers!

7 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Hey, I am not saying that you weren't busy with work. I know how that is, trust me. I am just saying that time zone differences suck

That was supposed to come off more funny oops, but yeah time zones suck, I think I'll do something on Thursday or something, but i'll see.

19 hours ago, Jedi said:

Blind Shining Force

Oh yea, the hypeeee

Just don't stream the GBA version. It's painful to look at

Just now, Jedi said:

Doing the Steam version.

I'[m preeeeeeeetty sure that's a straight port of the Genesis version, which is what I approve of~

7 hours ago, Elieson said:

I'[m preeeeeeeetty sure that's a straight port of the Genesis version, which is what I approve of~

It is, not sure when Shining Force is going but my next stream will likely be something platformer related again first.

Or whatever I feel like.

Edited by Jedi

The game looks soooo different from the GBA's Resurrection of the Dark Dragon version which I played (and the translation is clearly dated). The game was slow, but that's partly because I grinded up everyone via Egress spam- had I just stuck with a core team it wouldn't have been so bad.

Is there any good reason to play the Genesis version over the GBA one? A better Bleu, and less broken Hanzo, but other than that? The GBA additions of Mawlock and card collecting, Narsha and Zuika were all nice, and giving Max a new spell in Supernova was cool.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The game looks soooo different from the GBA's Resurrection of the Dark Dragon version which I played (and the translation is clearly dated). The game was slow, but that's partly because I grinded up everyone via Egress spam- had I just stuck with a core team it wouldn't have been so bad.

Egress Spam will make any team relatively powerful though (especially Hans jk jk)!

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is there any good reason to play the Genesis version over the GBA one? A better Bleu, and less broken Hanzo, but other than that? The GBA additions of Mawlock and card collecting, Narsha and Zuika were all nice, and giving Max a new spell in Supernova was cool.

IMO wayyyy better graphics and less dialogue to worry about skipping. Max gets a personality in the GBA port that he doesn't really need and comes across as more of an annoyance as it's something needlessly in the way of the plot about mid-game. I'm a sucker for those sick graphics and honestly I think that the music in SF1 (Genesis) is leagues better.

vs

for instance, is a pretty close comparison; but

But the initial things (Game Startup, most Non-Imperative battles and even General Towns) and many other battles feel like they're just way softer compared to the punch that the Genesis can produce.

NG+(1-16) and better Bleu balance additions and the rewards for LowTurnCounts are all pretty cool to me for the GBA port. Narsha and her little squad feel tacked on and IMO she breaks the game's difficulty by being the literal Easy Button for first runs, but for NG+runs (2/3 and on) you really start to lean on her, and that's not so bad. Boost always makes Shining Force easier

Edited by Elieson