[SOLVED] Why can't I load a sprite into FEditor?

Vecisto

I've wanted to learn how to make custom animations for a while now, so I've been following Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial. I ran into a problem when testing my standing sprite. FEditor is saying my image has "too many tiles".

(Model.AnimationBuilder.addFrame:
    IllegalArgumentException
    That image uses too many tiles!)

I think it means my file is too large, but I checked and it's a 248 x 160 pixel PNG, as the tutorial recommends. It also only has 6 colors (7 if you count the background, although I admit I've been having a lot of trouble with transparent backgrounds). What did I do wrong?

Edited by Vecisto

I've wanted to learn how to make custom animations for a while now, so I've been following Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial. I ran into a problem when testing my standing sprite. FEditor is saying my image has "too many tiles".

(Model.AnimationBuilder.addFrame:
    IllegalArgumentException
    That image uses too many tiles!)

I think it means my file is too large, but I checked and it's a 248 x 160 pixel PNG, as the tutorial recommends. It also only has 6 colors (7 if you count the background, although I admit I've been having a lot of trouble with transparent backgrounds). What did I do wrong?

It would be helpful to post your script and frames for your animation.
There's a limit to how large a sprite can be (not sure what the exact specs are), so if you've got a big sprite you might be hitting that limit.

My sprite is almost the same size as a thief. In fact, it's based on the thief sprite but has custom hair so that's why I'm doing a custom animation.

Actually, I think I got it. Could it be because my palette is accidentally in rows of 6 instead of rows of 8?

standing.png

test.txt