Sacred stones banner

JDtheBA

18 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Considering she is one from her game, I'm assuming she is.

Gray doesn't seem bad to me. He's just completely overshadowed by others. I'm hoping they don't kill Amelia's spread though.

I actually like using Gray! He's not that bad stat-wise, and he kills horsies quite nicely. He actually has an almost identical stat spread to Ike (like identical attack, but a little better HP, SPD, and RES). Honestly, Ike's probably only better because he has the distant counter sword.

OMG. I'm so excited though. I think I'll probably end up wanting Amelia the most. Tana and Innes both look good as well, but RIP Seth. 

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see they did indeed make a SS banner. I'm a bit suprised they didn't include Joshua though, as he seemed the obvious choice here. Amelia is a bit suprising, but the rest are all popular and plot important characters, so no suprise there.

Seth feels a bit underwhelming, and I'm not sure about Innes, but Amelia and Tana seem to have some pretty cool skills (and Amelia starting with a Slayer weapon is a big plus). For some reason, Tana feels a lot older here then in SS, while it's usually the other way around. Not complaining though.

I might try pulling for Innes and Tana if they have decent stats, but I guess we'll find out soon (no Marissa or Lute though, RIP).

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I actually like using Gray! He's not that bad stat-wise, and he kills horsies quite nicely. He actually has an almost identical stat spread to Ike (like identical attack, but a little better HP, SPD, and RES). Honestly, Ike's probably only better because he has the distant counter sword.

OMG. I'm so excited though. I think I'll probably end up wanting Amelia the most. Tana and Innes both look good as well, but RIP Seth. 

I have yet to pull him, but he seems the best out of the four current trainees.

It's really a bummer he looks the most underwhelming of the four...

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

A little disappointed we didn't get Joshua, L'arachel, Myrrh or Cormag, but hey, it's still Sacred Stones.

I think they may run another Sacred Stone banner and a tempest too, just like with SoV.

Finger crossed for L'arachel next month.

Aww, guess I'll have to wait a bit more until Gilliam and Marisa are added. More lefties would be cool.

Anyway, if Amelia ends up being a trainee knight and has a stat spread similar to Sheena's of everything into defense and resistance, then Sheena is screwed. Not only would Amelia start out with a similar kit that is better since Slaying weapons are strictly better Killer weapons, but she'd have higher BST which could mean she'd be tankier or stronger.

Innes having Fortress Res and Cancel Affinity is like a middle finger to T-Adept, -raven mages. In a future TT, he'd probably be much more annoying than Niles. That said, Fortress Res seems like a less practical skill compared to Fortress Def which itself is found and better used by its default user, Lukas, who is definitely min-maxed for it. If Innes ends up being min-maxed like that, he'd probably have terrible defense and possibly speed or HP since everything would be dumped into resistance and attack. Anyway, since ranged units have to deal with both physical and magical more commonly than melee units, Distant Def might be better.

Nidhogg being an -owl bow is interesting. I figured its +7 to luck would have been translated as it being a legendary Killer Bow. Also, Xander Mobus voicing him is making me laugh. Innes shares the same voice as Smash 4's announcer and Master and Crazy Hands, Persona 5's main character, and Street Fighter V's Abigail, a character whose origin is from Final Fight and is a ridiculous character. Basically, Innes's voice reminds me of a hammy narrator, two disembodied hands, a Persona protagonist, and a giant of a man who makes car noises.

Seth having a Ruby Sword is weird since he's associated with lances more, right? 

Tana being voiced by Melissa Fahn gives me so much hope that Maribelle will have her original voice actress.

I hope that the next banner after CYL or whatever is actually another Magvel banner. We're only missing L'Arachel and kind of Joshua as the other royals as far as I know about Sacred Stones' story. Also, Lyon who if he shows up, he should show up in a main chapter story rather than a paralogue where someone like Caellach, Selena, Valter, etc. would make more sense.

Edited by Kaden

48 minutes ago, Sire said:

My immediate response from the General Topic...

Now that I cooled down a little bit...

Amelia: Has amazing artwork and is voiced by Elise (and Fir). I always made Amelia a Paladin though, but seeing General Amelia is all right as well I suppose.

Seth: Has all right artwork (M!Robin's artist) and is voiced by the same guy who does Reinhardt and Legion. I hope Seth is a super top tier character for the VA jokes, as well as his power level in the source title. Not too keen on Seth wielding swords instead of his signature Silver Lance, but this is how it went apparently (I guess Tana took the Blue slot?)...

Innes: Voiced by the Smash 4 announcer and drawn by a new artist to FE:Heroes. His skill set is a little underwhelming, but I wonder what he statline will be...

Tana: Her artwork is nice but was not what I was expecting. The voice was unexpected as well and I have no idea who the VA is. Her skills though look super amazing, but it is a shame we already have plenty of amazing blue fliers (Cordelia, Summer!Corrin, etc.)

For me, Melissa Fahn will always be known as the voice of Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia. A little weird hearing her voice for Tana but i'll deal. Out of all the characters i say i like Innes the least and Amelia the most. For this banner, (AFTER i get my stupid summer corrin) i'm going to shoot for Amelia, Seth and Tana. Don't care for Innes, as i never liked him in Sacred Stones.

JP trailer:

Armor March yooooooooooo. That's gonna be great for hybrid teams that involve Armors since there'll be slightly less of a need for babying, which just greatly improves Effie's Brave Lance build at the very least.

LOL XANDER MOBUS FOR INNES

Nidhogg looks kinda ridiculous lol. Owl tome without the gimped Might, though it does hit Def instead. Depending on his stats, Innes might overtake Takumi as the best archer for Close Counter/Vantage.

Guidance on Tana looks ridiculous lol.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Wait, that's just a paralogue? Well then, perhaps they're saving more popular characters for a main story chapter (world of stones, hoo boi). I'm just hoping they get over that "cliffhanger" and not wait like two years before releasing a new chapter.

27 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

A little disappointed we didn't get Joshua, L'arachel, Myrrh or Cormag, but hey, it's still Sacred Stones.

These are literally the four units I wanted to see too.

So is it just me, or would Vidofnir make Tana into a ridiculously tanky flier?  Definitely rolling for... well... everyone.  Good thing the game is throwing tons of Orbs at us at the moment.

1 minute ago, The Geek said:

So is it just me, or would Vidofnir make Tana into a ridiculously tanky flier?  Definitely rolling for... well... everyone.  Good thing the game is throwing tons of Orbs at us at the moment.

It's pretty solid alright, I'm hoping we can get a permanent source of Close Defense soon.

10 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Depends on how you define tanky but it does make her average at worst

In a sense that if Tana have 21 base def, 28 isn't the tankiest shit ever. If they DO balance it THAT way it could open some ugly potential for the other stats though

@Kaden not sure about Amelia's stats in her origin game but if Amelia focused on one stat (more Def than Res) or being more offensive with okayish Defenses (aka Effie) then Sheena still has a niche of having the best defenses at both ends of the spectrum. Still, Slaying Axe and the new armor movement skill is hard to beat and greatly overshadows Sheena's passiveness, but at least Sheena won't be completely replaced if they differ the stats.

Guidance is going to be annoying if put in Dancers. Enemy AI likes to use Rally on a dancer while the dancer refreshes that unit, so dancer defense teams will be a bit more unpredictable with the sudden teleporting.

overall some interesting skills, haven't pkayed the game so not too attached to the characters yet. Hopefully the free summon nets me either Amelia or Tana since they have the most interesting skills.

Ah, nice, new SS banner... With Innes as my favorite in the cast. I was expecting a sharper voice (? I'm not sure for the term) for Tana.

Well, I'll save orbs to try get anyone (except maybe Seth, I'm not so fond of him...)

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Kaden not sure about Amelia's stats in her origin game but if Amelia focused on one stat (more Def than Res) or being more offensive with okayish Defenses (aka Effie) then Sheena still has a niche of having the best defenses at both ends of the spectrum. Still, Slaying Axe and the new armor movement skill is hard to beat and greatly overshadows Sheena's passiveness, but at least Sheena won't be completely replaced if they differ the stats.

Guidance is going to be annoying if put in Dancers. Enemy AI likes to use Rally on a dancer while the dancer refreshes that unit, so dancer defense teams will be a bit more unpredictable with the sudden teleporting.

overall some interesting skills, haven't pkayed the game so not too attached to the characters yet. Hopefully the free summon nets me either Amelia or Tana since they have the most interesting skills.

Amelia used to have pretty balanced stats in my memory, with mostly high growths in Luck and Skill. She was pretty damn fast for an armour knight (if you promoted her into that).

10 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hold on, I should probably try this...

OH MY GODDESS IT'S TANA!

...My goddess, being excited is hard work. How does Ana manage to make these things go over several lines?

Try telling us how much you've been waiting for this and repeating the "Oh my goddess" line several times.

I'll show you how it's done when Micaiah or Lute come out :P

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Try telling us how much you've been waiting for this and repeating the "Oh my goddess" line several times.

...I definitely don't have that kind of energy. Wait, this is online and I have as much energy as I feel like? Blasphemous!

I guess Lukas was a more fitting pull from World of Shadows than I thought.

I love that one by one, IS keep destroying the meta. "Horsies too OP? Here, have more anti cav weapons." "Vantage and Desperation OP? Here, have  a seal that cancels those skills out." "Colorless unit are useless because of raven tomes? Here, have an archer that comes with it AND a skill that increases his attack"  

I'm glad I did not use all my orbs on the Herofest Banner by tomorrow I should have 80 orbs do spend, but my luck became awfull lately...
Hopefully I will at least get one Amelia or Tana. Sadly I don't know what I will do with Amelia, because I invested much into my distant counter Sheena.
I guess it will depend on Boon/Bane and her overall stats, I hope their stats don't overlap too much and Amelia has stats like Draug (Myrmidon General!).

Btw, hello at all I'm new here and one of the F2P fellows!

Edited by Stroud

I love how one of the only banners to come out that's from an FE I've actually played and beaten turns out to be one I'm almost utterly uninterested in.

I'd pull anyways but Hero Fest, Tempest Trials and the hunt for S!Corrin (now an S!Corrin that ISN'T +DEF/-ATK) have my orbs all tied up. It's too bad but I may actually pass on this one, we'll see.

Edited by Zeo

Innes being voiced by Xander Mobus sold it for me. I must have Innes. Good thing he's the only colorless in this banner.

Edited by Armagon

Well this is exciting and all, but I do have higher priorities... Tana might be the most interesting of the units, but her lance is a VERY enemy-phase oriented lance, and I'm not sure I'm a fan of Nidhogg being a Legendary-Bow with the effect of an Owl tome.

I wonder if Ephraim, Eirika, and that dude with the Cursed Lance will be in the paralogues?

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Paralogue? Aw, we don't get to find out what happens with Bruno this month.

I am genuinely surprise someone is enjoying the story of this game. Good for you, don't let any1 tell you other wise. Being completely sincere.

It's good to see Sacred Stone is finally getting rep now all we need is more units from Tellius series & Jugdral series, & then everyone can be satisfied with the "so called" best Fire Emblem in the series.